Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Tell them you're waiting for marriage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
break up with them in advance

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

make them a mix tape with a bunch of obscure ethnomusicana

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

nomadologique posted:

make them a mix tape with a bunch of obscure ethnomusicana

I like the idea of using a mix tape to politely declie to hang out because its thoughtful and everybody loves music but what are some songs that would be good on it

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

a bay posted:

I like the idea of using a mix tape to politely declie to hang out because its thoughtful and everybody loves music but what are some songs that would be good on it

Taylor Swift and Lily Allen

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

say you "made them a mix tape" but then it is just yankee hotel foxtrot in order

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
"Sorry, I don't date vapid whores like yourself"

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

ask her to "hang out" at the local vapestation and then never pass her the hookah

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

"Sorry I don't date until I've hosed and I don't want to gently caress you"

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

make "eye contact" but instead of looking at her look at a point a thousand miles behind her head

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

a bay posted:

Lets say there is someone who wants to spend some time with you one on one and it is obvious that their intentions are to date you and probably to have sex with you as well. But the problem is, you just arent "feeling it". How do you let them know you are not into it in a way that will hurt their feelings as little as possible

"I don't see things with us progressing in a romantic way, but I'd like to remain friends." Or just drop the old, "You're like my sister!" line over, and over.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

a bay posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzZP4hKZjDg

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
tell her that you have a song that will convey all of your feelings for her, and then link her 4'33"

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

LadyAmbien posted:

"I don't see things with us progressing in a romantic way, but I'd like to remain friends." Or just drop the old, "You're like my sister!" line over, and over.

what if she's a secret incester?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

TRY THIS, when you "meet up" ask her why she didn't email you her term paper in advance so you could look it over before your office hours, in fact you're really not going to be of any help to her now because you're going to spend 3/4 of the available time looking over it and that's only briefly really, you won't be able to give her a good thorough response and what is the point now anyway? then get up and walk away tiredly

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

a bay posted:

How do I ghost

killing yourself usually works

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

a bay posted:

How do I ghost

Don't do this its a lovely thing to do

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
yea getting nothing is worse than "no gently caress off", so op if you're too chickenshit to be up front and honest, definitely pick saying "no gently caress off" before ghosting

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

can't count the number of jobs i have quit just to get away from a succubus

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
You should go out with him OP, he's a really nice guy once you get to know em.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

like sands in an hourglass,

these are the baes of our lives

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Just tell them you aren't interested. So what if they are hurt a bit. There's nothing wrong with being hurt. It provides some contrast.

DICTATOR OF FUNK
Nov 6, 2007

aaaaaw yeeeeeah
you grind your dick with a cheese grater and send pictures with a :( emoji they will get the idea

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
OP are you a man or a woamn

if you are a woman you should probably get some nunchucks

if you are a man just gently caress already loving whore

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ask jon pop for advice because no one will ever want to date him

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Serious Frolicking posted:

ask jon pop for advice because no one will ever want to date him

what if he pays them money?

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010

huskarl_marx posted:

yea getting nothing is worse than "no gently caress off", so op if you're too chickenshit to be up front and honest, definitely pick saying "no gently caress off" before ghosting

lol that's not how it works at all

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

just say no and then ask them if they want to do a quickie in that nearby bathroom

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Tell them that you'll be busy hanging yourself and then tie a noose in front of them.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

"ehhhh sorry look slike i have suicide attempt pencilled in at 2, and tbh, that's a prewtty firm appt"

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

klapman posted:

tell her that you have a song that will convey all of your feelings for her, and then link her 4'33"

That's just cruel

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

shake her hand

that is a thing acquaintances do but not lovers so she will get the hint

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
tell her you made a thread asking how to politely decline her invitation to hang out (aka date)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
be yourself

lDDQD
Apr 16, 2006
I've just been saying "yes", although this doesn't seem particularly effective. What am I doing wrong, goons?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Just say no thanks?

This is a thread?

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Sorry I like to communicate with people on a level deeper than the Tim the tool man grunts

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

a bay posted:

Sorry I like to communicate with people on a level deeper than the Tim the tool man grunts

Good, then just say "No thanks."

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Machai posted:

Good, then just say "No thanks."

I just did only in a moe tactful way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
I have heard of saying no thanks before and I have done so as well, and I would like to thank everybody who suggested it, but Im not going to just say that. Maybe I will have to say something to this person again, or I just like to be nice for basically no reason. Either way I think that anyone here who ends up in this situation could benefit from the famous imagination and social graces of Gbs instead of what you think Ron Swansen or whatever would say

• Locked thread