Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
If Authy doesn't float your boat in terms of the convenience vs. security trade-offs of 2FA, one possible option I've been using is using a YubiKey Neo and Yubico Authenticator together which works with anything Authy does.

Other pros:

* Works natively with Google, Dropbox and Lastpass in normal security key mode
* The authentication codes can be read on desktops and any android device with NFC
* Can be used for smart lock

Cons:
* It's another thingy you have to buy
* Depending on the kind of person you are you might be more likely to lose your keys than your phone
* NFC is finicky especially if you have a case on

As far as LastPass vs. KeePass vs. 1Password goes, as long as my passwords aren't compromised I personally really don't care much if they get attacked. Dropbox has been subject to breaches before so if that's the concern then why even have your password vault in the cloud at all?

---

Edit:

Quasseldroid is another option similar to Irssi and weechat for IRC that uses Quassel

Tweetings is my personal preferred Twitter client, I find Fenix a bit overwhelming but that's probably because I'm more used to Tweetings. In terms of feature sets they're actually pretty similar.

Microsoft actually has some pretty cool apps, like Hyperlapse (apparently janky but works fine for me) and Office Lens which is kind of a mobile scanning thingy with OCR and all that jazz, works better than Goggles for me personally.

Geektox fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Nov 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Is this new?

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

kitten smoothie posted:

Unless it's something horribly embarrassing and you don't want to say, what app was this you were buying?

The Material icon pack that was linked earlier, I'm in Canada if that makes a difference.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

OgNar posted:

Are there any volume boosting apps that work with a Galaxy 10.1?
I've tried multiple off of the play store and none of them seem to do anything. Many videos I watch on my tablet seem to have a low volume even with headphones.
The same files sound perfectly fine on my laptop.

Do your headphones have high impedance? From what I understand volume booster apps are by and large useless because you'd need root to actually change how much voltage is going through the headphone jack.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Amazon usually has a few.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

lol my bank can barely get a decent desktop site working in anything other than IE, so 2FA is super out of the question. :canada:

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

No it will definitely "upload" the songs that you already have as a part of All Access. Meaning even if does a scan and match there will be two albums there of the same music. In my experience anyway

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Taffer posted:

So Google already has messenger and hangouts, both of which are complete poo poo, and it's plan is to.... Make a 3rd app that supposed to compete with one of the biggest texting/messaging apps out there?

Okay.

I mean, FB Messenger isn't any less poo poo depending on who you ask. Messenger and Hangouts both work fine for the most part, the thing that's poo poo about them is that they never implemented an iMessage-like system that uses SMS when you have no data and Hangouts if you do. Plus the integration with Voice came late and was half-baked.

I wonder if Hangouts is too deeply rooted in GMail and G+ or something to overhaul, like they literally can't do anything to the system without ripping the whole thing apart.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Daily Forecast posted:

So wait do I get more google surveys if I leave my GPS on?

You have to have location reporting on I believe.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Not strictly android related, but a potential phishing attack to watch out for in Lastpass.

https://www.seancassidy.me/lostpass.html

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

LastInLine posted:

Am I the only person on the planet who has never seen an ad on YouTube ever?

Yep, congrats!

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Busy Bee posted:

I currently have a Google Music subscription here in the US but what happens if I travel abroad to Europe? Will I still be able to listen to the music I added to my playlists / library?

I believe you'll only have access to the music that country has access to. It's geoblocked like Netflix AFAIK

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Cool let's have this discussion again like there's an good argument to be made for not paying someone for their work that you use and enjoy.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Cardboard Box A posted:

What app would I use to send youtube and netflix and hulu URLs to an android or iOS tablet?

I use Telegram with my friends so I also sometimes use it to send links to myself.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

FolderSync

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

yeah, a while ago I believe. ASFAIK even if you're using the Facebook app it will force you to get messenger separately?

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Pretty sure FB Messenger does SMS now or will soon if that's what you're after

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Im pretty sure only the iOS version of Snapseed does non destructive editing.