Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Listen Audiobook Player is my poo poo. Granular speed and volume controls, sync position over multiple devices, plus a great UI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

E.T. NO HOMO posted:

Month is another great calendar widget with great functionality. Tap the header, see the whole year (or open an app of your choice), check out moon cycles or event descriptions in the month view, and add events from the widget itself. Good job, you did it!

This looks cool and good. Thanks for the recommendation.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

nocal posted:

Pocket, for saving articles to read later. They also have a recommendations tab now, too, though it doesn't seem personalized.

SMS Backup+, will save all SMS/MMS to your gmail.

Used this today. Recently wiped my phone and needed a phone number someone texted me months ago, in a vcf card no less. Very convenient.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Admiral_eX_laX posted:

Is there an app that does this?

I get mugged, mugger demands i give him password to phone. I give him a dummy password that he enters. The phone unlocks briefly, enough for him to take off. The phone then emails me a picture of mugger, then locks down.

Yes. Setting your phone to sleep instantly with a relatively short screen timeout.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Require More Fire posted:

Stock Android has a lovely selection of ringtones/alarms. Is there a recommended app for easily downloading other tones?

Zedge, was introduced to it this weekend and our house has been abuzz with the hilarity of too much variety.

Loads of 'normal' notifications/ringtones as well.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

SystemLogoff posted:

Just turn off notifications from it because it tries to offer you crappy games and crappy live wallpapers.

I never disabled notifications and never got a single peep from them. Seems safe so far. Nothing scummy hit my radar.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

couldcareless posted:

I had been using flow home for my launcher until recently. The one thing I like about it was the colored squares that showed tweets on my feed. Is there any widget that can get me something similar? I am currently using the official twitter app widget.

Edit: I guess for clarification, is there any widgets that are similar to HTC blinkfeed. Widgets, not launchers.

I used Flow for quite a bit earlier in the year and really liked it. I recall leaving it as it needed some updates and appeared to be forgotten about. I wish I could remember what I felt it needed but I see that it was last updated in September. Perhaps I'll give it another go.

In response to your question though, I tried a bunch of widgets and none of them came close to replicating what Flow did for twitter.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

couldcareless posted:

That's a shame. That feed style kept me into twitter more than any other I can find. I'll keep hunting I suppose

I had the exact same experience and really found Twitter to be pretty useful now that I gave up Facebook for keeping a pulse on my feed. It's a weird thing that I rarely go into Fenix to get the same result. Who knows, psychology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

couldcareless posted:

I had been using flow home for my launcher until recently. The one thing I like about it was the colored squares that showed tweets on my feed. Is there any widget that can get me something similar? I am currently using the official twitter app widget.

Edit: I guess for clarification, is there any widgets that are similar to HTC blinkfeed. Widgets, not launchers.

Did you have issues with it crashing? I just fired it back up and whenever I use the cube in the bottom right it crashes. It'll show me my apps and if I push any of them, or the cube to collapse, the app crashes.