Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Who's ready to camp in line for 24 hours and punch out old ladies to get a $100 50" tv for yourself your totally loving husband/wife/children/parent/cousin/neighbor that you never talk to yet inexplicably gifts you a Christmas basket every year? You'd better be packing some heat, because things are going to get real icy. If you have any cool BLACK Friday stories, this is the thread to share them in.

God Bless America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGagJervtMc

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
#Blackfridaymatters

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008
gotta get those black friday deals cause i'm too niggardly to pay full price

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I go to Half Price books, because you get a free reusable shopping bag and five dollar gift card, plus everything in the store is twenty percent off! Get a lot of Christams shopping done, plus get myself a little something too. It's fun.

You gotta stand inline with all the old ladys for half an hour or so, but i'm in Texas so it's cold.

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
competative, conspicuous consumption? why thats a tip top theoy topic for my third year thesis

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I'm ready for white friday

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
hope a bunch of people get trampled to death :twisted:

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Baba Ganoush fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Nov 16, 2015

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqE3r6jtV0w

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I have a black friend who tells everyone to boycott black Friday because it's offensive to black people.

It's basically a goldmine of comedy material so I hope he never learns the truth

ChrisHansen fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 16, 2015

Postmastergeneral
Jan 11, 2005
I hope they have thumb drives this year. I didn't use the one i bought last year but i think i need more gigs.

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof

ChrisHansen posted:

I have a black friend who tells everyone to boycott black Friday because it's offensive to black people.

It's basically a goldmine of comedy material so I hope he never learns the truth

as posted above there used to be n* hunting licenses

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

If you have a young child you can throw them over the crowds towards the merchandise.

"Okay Billy, grab a phone for Mommy *throws Billy*"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I bought snowboard bindings on Sat. and got a 40% 'black friday' discount.

The moral here is that if you think you have to wait for 1-2 days of the year to rush and buy poo poo you want because it'll never be that cheap again, you're a dumbass. poo poo is on sale at deep discounts all the fuckin' time if you actually look for it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im probably gonna build a new PC this holiday season to take advantage of some sicknasty deals

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I do all my Christmas shopping after Christmas when the prices go way down.

Karl L
Nov 9, 2015

I spent money on an image and a few lines of text.

Applewhite posted:

#Blackfridaymatters

#EveryFridayMatters

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
the only time ive been to a store on black friday was when i worked in retail like 10 years ago. poo poo aint worth it lol, although i think its infinitely funny they finally just open on thanksgiving now. back when i was in retail they were completely 100% super cereal never ever going to do that to their employees (id literally have to come to work at 12:01 am)

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
The holidays are about spending time with your family, not wanton consumerism.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I have to work it and it's real dumb and bad and I hate everyone and everything.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

my sides hurt from laughing

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Gonna get in a big brawl at Wal-Mart over discounted fondue pans and yell WORLDSTARRRR!

Postmastergeneral
Jan 11, 2005
If walmart sell out of the 9 dollar waffle iron before i get there i am going to be pissed. Fuckin pissed. Last year was bullshit.

Mauvais
Jul 24, 2002

HUZZAH

boom boom boom posted:

I go to Half Price books, because you get a free reusable shopping bag and five dollar gift card, plus everything in the store is twenty percent off! Get a lot of Christams shopping done, plus get myself a little something too. It's fun.

You gotta stand inline with all the old ladys for half an hour or so, but i'm in Texas so it's cold.

I work at Half Price Books and I make sure I request every Black Friday off over any other day in the year, it's nice not to have to answer the question, "So is the sale 20% off the whole purchase, or 20% off each individual item?"

VVV oh, neat

Mauvais fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Nov 16, 2015

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/11/13/minnesota-state-parks-are-free-on-black-friday/

Minnesota state parks are free on Black Friday, gonna do some geocaching.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57tKTpoZfTk

...or was this a 'Post your favorite Black Friday fight' request because I love this one where this chick whips out a taser BZZZ BZZZZT (fight starts at 0:12)

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

black fridays matter

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

Applewhite posted:

#Blackfridaymatters

#blackfamilymatters

#dididothat

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
i like to watch poor people fight each other

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.
Grimey Drawer

Mauvais posted:

I work at Half Price Books and I make sure I request every Black Friday off over any other day in the year, it's nice not to have to answer the question, "So is the sale 20% off the whole purchase, or 20% off each individual item?"

VVV oh, neat

Well, which is it?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Mauvais posted:

VVV oh, neat

Why not just say that it's the whole purchase?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I can understand not wanting to work on the day when the store opens early and it's super crowded, but Half Price Books does 20% everything in the store pretty regularly.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Why not just steal books from the library for free?

Mauvais
Jul 24, 2002

HUZZAH

boom boom boom posted:

I can understand not wanting to work on the day when the store opens early and it's super crowded, but Half Price Books does 20% everything in the store pretty regularly.

yeah you're right, it's just nice to not have one extra day of it, Black Friday's a bit crazier than all the others

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
How many walmart employees are going to get trampled to death this year?

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Airborne Viking posted:

How many walmart employees are going to get trampled to death this year?

Idk, but it would be funny if something happened involving a steam roller. Don't ask me why someone would be riding a steam roller in a Walmart though...

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

s s so they could get to the low prices??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
if I could get a 50" TV for $100 I'd throw an old woman down a flight of stairs

• Locked thread