Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I got laid off with no warning on Friday that's probably the worst thing I've seen at work. Also lol funemployment has been cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

Nooner posted:

I got laid off with no warning on Friday that's probably the worst thing I've seen at work. Also lol funemployment has been cool

This happened to me the weekend before i was gonna use some of the vacation i'd just earned, they rescinded the vacation time too

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Dave_Indeed posted:

In college I worked at Sears in the fitness department. I was J chillen on a treadmill and this nerd mother gently caress starts looking like he's got to sneeze, then just falls into a bunch of poo poo, shaking like a fool. I flew into action. Needless to say I looked fly as hell. Anyhow, I dragged this bitch away from the snow blowers and made some girl call 911 like a hero.

The firefighters came later and they all laid on top of him for some reason. I told them no need to thank me, I'm just doing my duty to society and knowing I save one citizen at a time is reward enough.

good job thats about all you can do #truehero

hamburger
Nov 17, 2015

extraordinaire
I had to call the cops on some hosed-up kook who was digging in the tree planters outside the building. He told me he was "looking for all the metal in the dirt", and I would've been more sympathetic because he was obviously not, uh, well but he was wearing a utilikilt and I saw his dick. Three squad cars came and took him away

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

hamburger posted:

I had to call the cops on some hosed-up kook who was digging in the tree planters outside the building. He told me he was "looking for all the metal in the dirt", and I would've been more sympathetic because he was obviously not, uh, well but he was wearing a utilikilt and I saw his dick. Three squad cars came and took him away

good job thats about all you can do #truehero

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

hamburger posted:

That souns like a miner crime, lol!

e:looking in dirt, that is

ee:for metal

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
A guy punched me in the face once it owned. I milked it and took a 5 day weekend.

SneakyBeef
Jan 1, 2012

EugeneJ posted:

So wait - did he fall, or did the pipe burst

The pipe burst, knocking him off the ladder.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

great job #sarcasm well i guess maybe everything happens for a reason good luck godspeed etc.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

SneakyBeef posted:

The pipe burst, knocking him off the ladder.

So he was pretty much a goner in about half a second. Wonder if any of his co-workers still use the same shortcut.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

A kennel covered in green diarrhea. Twice in one night.

I love my job, but dogs can be awful.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

dad gay. so what posted:

great job #sarcasm well i guess maybe everything happens for a reason good luck godspeed etc.

You're the bad guy jedi to my good guy geordi. I guess what I'm saying is you can strike me down but I still have a cool rear end visor and also the holodeck :wink:

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Nooner posted:

You're the bad guy jedi to my good guy geordi. I guess what I'm saying is you can strike me down but I still have a cool rear end visor and also the holodeck :wink:

Hey nooner I could probably hook you up with a job if you live in Saskatchewan

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i guess nooner doesnt know ive had him on ignore for a month. its been a fun eperience and ive never done it with anyone else i just really hate him, but i hope he gets a new job or whatever.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Seriously why isn't pulling a lockout off power equipment a crime

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Nooner posted:

Sorry to hear that. Good luck in your job search.

I once worked in a plus size ladies clothes store. It was generally an OK job. Pretty much like any clothes shop, except the drat clothes wouldn't stay on the normal size hangers. However, working in the changing rooms meant you'd see some sights. Lots of women would come out naked, clothes in hand, to ask me for another size. On more than one occasion we had massive women in complete denial about their size screaming at us because they couldn't do up a zip. Which meant I had to struggle to contain their ample flesh and do up their zipper, just to stop them yelling at me.

We often had women sneaking items of underwear into the changing rooms, which you're not really supposed to try on. They'd then throw them on the floor if it didn't fit them and I'd have to pick worn panties up and put them back on the shop floor. One woman had obviously stolen some underwear, and left her own behind, including giant briefs with a dirty sanitary towel still inside them, as well as lovely stains. :barf: We also had an incredible amount of women changing their kids lovely diapers on the floor, and leaving plastic sacks full of poo poo on the floor for me to throw out. Weirdly, this stuff didn't happen when I worked in a normal clothes shop. It must have just been a trashier clientele.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Big Centipede posted:

I saw a dude running a lathe get a loop of cut titanium wrapped around his thumb and then caught on the spindle. It literally fileted his thumb like a fish. They ended up amputating it.

Some guy here once severed his achilles tendon this way cutting stainless bar. I wasn't there at the time.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

LadyAmbien posted:

Holy poo poo you guys, I meant worst as in funniest. This is traumatic.

Look, if you didn't want to be the conduit to horror, why are you having Lowtax's baby?

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

Drunk Nerds posted:

Look, if you didn't want to be the conduit to horror, why are you having Lowtax's baby?

Listen man, I....

I will think about that question and get back to you.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
I saw Lowtax kissing Shmorky Claus.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I was gonna post about the time some guy poo poo on our floor but nothing I've seen can compare to human fireball or microwaved baby.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

LadyAmbien posted:

Listen man, I....

I will think about that question and get back to you.

I kid. Let's hear it for Lady Ambien, she's alllright.

The weirdest thing I ever saw on the job was a guy masturbating a retard...

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I used to volunteer at at thrift shop and one time some old lady decided to try on clothes in front of me. Her skin looked like melted, leathery cheese and her boobs looked like hosed up flap jacks.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

The weirdest thing I ever saw on the job was a guy masturbating a retard...

That is weird

Synthetic Violence
Oct 18, 2012

Fuck machine.
Grimey Drawer

Jukeboxblues posted:

I used to volunteer at at thrift shop and one time some old lady decided to try on clothes in front of me. Her skin looked like melted, leathery cheese and her boobs looked like hosed up flap jacks.

Gotta give her props though, she obviously did not give a gently caress.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
as i was unloading a van of sausages it shifted into drive somehow and drove into the loading bay on its own crushing some guy who worked theres foot. he had to have it amputated and to this day i wear it around my neck for goodluck.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Worked with some sparkys at an industrial job site where somebody removed the lockout on a big rear end 3 phase setup and cooked 2 guys. On the bright side they died instantly. On the down side they looked like uncle Owen from the first Star Wars

what is a sparky? I also don't know wtf a 3 phase setup is, jabroni

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
My uncle ran a snow cone machine + cotton candy stand at pow-wows. He's pay us 1/4 of minimum wage to work for him and I was around 9 so that seemed like a million dollars. I spent most of my time chasing off obviously hungry kids and getting cheated by adults. It sucked and he sucked and I bought frybread with whatever coinage I made from him.

He's dead, his kids suck, c'est la vie.

Thots and Prayers fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Nov 17, 2015

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Isaac posted:

That is weird

Get this: he works from home! :D

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

That Robot posted:

what is a sparky? I also don't know wtf a 3 phase setup is, jabroni

Its guy talk for electrician.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
An iron worker somewhere up above me dropped a spud wrench (essentially a metal spear) and it landed next to me. We became friends!

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I saw this guy washing his feet in the bathroom sink. Sitting on the counter, both feet in the sink. It was pretty silly.

Maybe he pooped on his feet. Maybe I pooped on his feet.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I saw this guy washing his feet in the bathroom sink. Sitting on the counter, both feet in the sink. It was pretty silly.

Maybe he pooped on his feet. Maybe I pooped on his feet.

Some devout muslims do this before they pray. I think its a good idea. Get my feet feeling fresh after lunchtime.

Learned this when i was always seeing this butcher with no shoes on the bathroom

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
one time when i was babysitting one of my nephews i made him some cereal and that rear end in a top hat didnt drink the milk from the bowl. motherfucker

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

your posting OP

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...
Worked in both state corrections and now federal corrections for a few years each. I can honestly say state has the straight crazies and fed inmates are more chill.

Fed inmates: One guy in this late 20s starts a fight with this old con who is in his 40s. They fight for a bit and the old guy wears down the younger kid then puts him in a headlock. To seal his victory he bends down and bites the younger guys eyebrow off and spits it on the floor. They shook hands, cleaned up the mess, walked off. Oh and left the eyebrow.

State inmate: Some random guy just gets bored one day and takes a staple and sharpens it on the cement. Proceed to slit his sack from top to bottom because he didn't think the pictures in the medical books he had were correct. When he finally tells staff 3 days later he grabs his sack to show us and squeezed to hard to where a testicle popped out.

So many stories about the weird poo poo inmates at the state do to their junk. Only met one fed inmate who cut the whole sack off, put it in a milk carton and handed it to a CO.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kizurue posted:

State inmate: Some random guy just gets bored one day and takes a staple and sharpens it on the cement. Proceed to slit his sack from top to bottom because he didn't think the pictures in the medical books he had were correct. When he finally tells staff 3 days later he grabs his sack to show us and squeezed to hard to where a testicle popped out.

So many stories about the weird poo poo inmates at the state do to their junk. Only met one fed inmate who cut the whole sack off, put it in a milk carton and handed it to a CO.

New orange is the new black is shaping up to be a monster.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
drinking a big gulp of some spiced rum concoction at 9 in the morning

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

mdm posted:

drinking a big gulp of some spiced rum concoction at 9 in the morning

do ye work on a pirate ship me harty. yarrr!!!

once i went a whole day with a testicle hanging out the side of my Pluto costume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

Isaac posted:

New orange is the new black is shaping up to be a monster.

Honestly only every watched the first episode. Find it hard to get off work only to watch work. From the one episode it was pretty spot on, just minus the naked women everywhere doing it. Then again I have only worked at male institutions and it's either super rare anymore or they are pretty damned discreet.

• Locked thread