Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i enjoyed applewhite's story about the worst thing that he's witnessed at his workplace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

this place is good and not bad
an SA luau where we dont even eat any roast pig and we all draw cards to see who is jon pop and we have to figure out who is jon pop by the end of it. we all just run around playing grab rear end and are not allowed to tell good and funny stories because we'll get in trouble.

El Spider
Nov 9, 2012

Prav posted:

i enjoyed applewhite's story about the worst thing that he's witnessed at his workplace.

I don't mind him seeing his coworker commit a heinous crime and get maimed, but it's hosed up to me that he participated in the act as well

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ha, probated for being funny in GBS. The old times have truly come again.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

El Spider posted:

link me to the baby baking post since I didn't actively read or post here prior to my modding

e: whoops sorry didnt work, here

El Spider posted:

link me to the baby baking post since I didn't actively read or post here prior to my modding

e: jeez sorry just mad fumble fingers here today, haha! here is the real post where a baby gets roasted

klapman posted:

the dead baked baby story is less tragic than you

klapman fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Nov 17, 2015

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Have you ever eaten pork???

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
applewhite dont kill the pig nooooo I have been extremely triggered by this 100% true and real story

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
im sorry el spider but that story is extremely good and i refuse to see a GBS where posting like that is probatable

El Spider
Nov 9, 2012

klapman posted:

e: whoops sorry didnt work, here

e: jeez sorry just mad fumble fingers here today, haha! here is the real post where a baby gets roasted

lol

El Spider
Nov 9, 2012

ill take your word for it now that he isn't a hosed up weirdo

somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

this place is good and not bad
I once worked in a retirement home when I was younger and this dying old lady said something really really funny to me but I can't tell you because that would break my oath to the HIPAA laws. sorry GBS.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I found that post thanks to the probation and it was worth reading so thank you

El Spider posted:

is it ironic? im missing the punchline where beating an animal to death was supposed to be funny

but you're still unfunny

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

El Spider posted:

rule not with an iron fist, but with a guiding hand, as one tends a bonsai tree full of tiny people shouting "im gay" all through the day and night

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Applewhite posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Awesome. I was worried we wouldn't have any more bitchmade moderation around here after Ralp's departure.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Solice Kirsk posted:

Ha, probated for being funny in GBS. The old times have truly come again.

King of Bees fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Nov 17, 2015

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

El Spider posted:

woah woah woah woah

let's not be hasty here

he just didn't kill that pig

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
I once saw this piece of code in a code review where someone tried to use double quotes to express a string in SQL. It has been the funniest most tragic thing I've ever seen aside from some weirdo not explicitly declaring a variable's type.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

SquadronROE posted:

I once saw this piece of code in a code review where someone tried to use double quotes to express a string in SQL. It has been the funniest most tragic thing I've ever seen aside from some weirdo not explicitly declaring a variable's type.

One of my old coworkers was told to add a clock with hours, minutes, seconds on a page.

He wrote an AJAX function that queried the remote server every second to get the current time.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

SquadronROE posted:

revmoo posted:

One of my old coworkers was told to add a clock with hours, minutes, seconds on a page.

He wrote an AJAX function that queried the remote server every second to get the current time.

mods?

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

revmoo posted:

One day someone ran a load test for credit card processing against a live environment. Whoops.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

somuch_gravy posted:

I once worked in a retirement home when I was younger and this dying old lady said something really really funny to me but I can't tell you because that would break my oath to the HIPAA laws. sorry GBS.

That's not how HIPAA laws work. You can speak as in depth as you wish about any patient you've had, so long as you don't give any identifying factors as to the patient's identity.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
This thread is much better now that there are no funny posts

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

criscodisco posted:

That's not how HIPAA laws work. You can speak as in depth as you wish about any patient you've had, so long as you don't give any identifying factors as to the patient's identity.

HIPAA laws are much more strict for GBS though. In fact, they cover absolutely everyone even if you are not in the medical field from ever speaking about any disease anyone has. Like the OP of the Charlie Sheen HIV thread just broke HIPAA.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Good heavens, I should be more careful then.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Applewhite leave piggy wiggy alone! :(

Boko Haram
Dec 22, 2008

People doing coke but that was pretty fun actually, other than that my first job I saw this mentally disabled chick take a whole package of oreos, walk into our break room, and start eating them. I didn't stop her, and her mentally disabled mother came wandering in to corral her back out it was hilarious lol

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

El Spider posted:

is it ironic? im missing the punchline where beating an animal to death was supposed to be funny

"What's the worst thing you've ever witnessed in the workplace?"

I don't think it needs to be funny and horrifying stories caused by incompetence are funny.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

El Spider posted:

im gonna run u outta town on a rail

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

Flavahbeast posted:

your posting OP

Oh gently caress, did I just get owned on the internet?

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

Bacon Hat posted:

keep your goddamn work stories out of the work stories thread, weirdo

Yeah, I'm not exactly understanding this probation. Ease up, Spider Dude!

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

revmoo posted:

Awesome. I was worried we wouldn't have any more bitchmade moderation around here after Ralp's departure.

Yeah, I don't think it's going to last long.

LadyAmbien fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Nov 17, 2015

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
if el spider goes down, let it be by the will of GBS, not by the tyranny of kings

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I have helped a few guys I know who do repo work by figuring out where the person lives and what their daily routine is, so they can recover cars in public places with lots of cameras like Wal Mart, where there's less chance of people getting violent.

One time we got a newer Town and Country minivan wherein the owner had kids whom they most assuredly didn't really take care of. lovely diapers in the floor boards, empty milk containers with mold in them and a lot of half eaten snacks melted all over it. That was a terrible smell.

Also once I helped them find and secure a late 90s Jeep Cherokee that had like 18 copies of the season 2 box set of Gilmore Girls.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

LadyAmbien posted:

Yeah, I'm not exactly understanding this probation. Ease up, Spider Dude!

Mod sass from the lady of gibbis

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

A temp smoked crack in a loading dock and the cops came and arrested them. That was actually pretty funny, though.

I guess the worst was at another job when the entire merchandising team was laid off the day after Christmas so the company could cut labor costs and look good to share holders.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
There was this methed out chick who worked at the deli who had a bunch of scabs and open sores all over her arms. She told the boss it was because she scratched the tops of her arms reaching under the couch for her phone.

Also someone pooped in a urinal one time it was me

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i worked in a place where every day some dude would just go into the men's room and piss everywhere, literally everywhere except in the urinal
I used to call him the piss wizard
never did find out who it was, would have liked to shake his hand assuming he washed it.

E: probably it was the janitor

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I thought that applewhite post was really dumb and obviously fake.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
one time there was a big department meeting where the department had reserved a meeting room, but a middle management guy from a different department had someone in it switch the outlook calendars around so that they were actually in somebody else's meeting room and fired all 31 of them for the outlook changes he had made. a bunch of people got together to try to get the big boss to undo the firings but nothing ever came of it like always

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
oh, same department, same big boss appointed a new middle manager guy who literally has never worked in or with the department even though the last several managers came in the same way and were absolutely incompetent at their job :rolleyes:

• Locked thread