Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

So during a stream, it came up about how much fun some of the old late 90's/early 2000 flash games were.

This has inspired me to go and record my replays of some of these old games I use to play on my mom's computer in her office while she was out doing other things.

One thing I have learned though is a lot of the ones I want to play are not actively available any more and require using the Wayback machine site to actually play.

I make one Spoiler request in that any game/series that is more then one video long, Please don't spoil any future points in the game or series.

Playlist of What A Cartoons: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9aFkg1PDBS5TnCDTBun3Ei_Cn5CdhiRx

So here is my current list of games in the queue:

Cartoon Cartoon Beach Bungalow
Cartoon Cartoon Summer Resort: All 4 episodes
Cartoon Network: The Envelopes Please
Toonami: The Intruder/Escape Velocity
Toonami: Lockdown
Bionicle: Mata Nui Online Adventure Game
(Maybe the second one too if I can find a good guide as I have never even gotten out of the starting village because it was so broken when it was online)

Courage The Cowardly Dog: Creep TV
Garfield's Scary Scavenger Hunt I&II
Peasant's Quest

With Combat Lobster and NamelessFool

With Combat Lobster, Doseku and Nebiros

Watch the full Intruder event here
Watch the full Intruder II event here

Event Episode 1
Event Episode 2
Event Episode 3
Event Episode 4 (Watch this before EP 4)
Event Episode 5 (Watch this after EP 4)
With Combat Lobster, Doseku and Nebiros

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5

with Snorunt Pyro, Heavy Sigh, NGDBSS and Shinryu

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Mar 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

When I saw the picture, I thought that you were playing that one somewhat episodic series of adventure games where you played as a character from one of the pilots Cartoon Network aired in the summer it was released and explored a resort while doing a Zelda trading quest.

Those were the poo poo.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Cool, I'll be following these crap and a half games.

You uh, might want to proofread that first sentence too.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Waffleman_ posted:

When I saw the picture, I thought that you were playing that one somewhat episodic series of adventure games where you played as a character from one of the pilots Cartoon Network aired in the summer it was released and explored a resort while doing a Zelda trading quest.

Those were the poo poo.

Those are next :getin:

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!
I am very happy that this idea exists.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

mateo360 posted:

Those are next :getin:

Ffffffffffffffffffuck yes.

Edit: I might actually get into the mix with some fuckin' Homestar Runner games.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Nov 16, 2015

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I remember playing the Beach Bungalow game. It's nice to see it's actually as terrible as I remember.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

dscruffy1 posted:

I remember playing the Beach Bungalow game. It's nice to see it's actually as terrible as I remember.

I do like that they at least bothered to put holes in the ceiling for the PPG.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That looked terrible but at least it worked. Can't say I've ever seen it before though.

Now, those games Waffleman_ was talking about? I loved those as a kid so much. Can't wait to see them so they crush my childhood nostalgia.

meselfs
Sep 26, 2015

The body may die, but the soul is always rotten

Lenny Loosejocks goes Walkabout and Lenny Loosejocks in Space. Loved it when I was a kid, first game I could play for hours.

All I could find was the game for download, or online play at ezone.com (which doesn't work currently, it looks like).

Back in the day, Shockwave Player would let you have up to five games at a time on your computer (not like mom would let me play on dial up for hours, y'know). I can't remember what I did, but I found a way around it which was hugely gratifying.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I admit I'm curious as to whether or not Neopets will figure into this.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Lizard Wizard posted:

I admit I'm curious as to whether or not Neopets will figure into this.

I also started wondering that.

Then I remembered Power Puff Girls Pillow Fight which was loving awesome.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
I'm so glad I inspired Mateo to do this thread.

Waffleman_ posted:

Those were the poo poo.

Those were my favorite games from that time as well.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Nov 17, 2015

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

meselfs posted:

Lenny Loosejocks goes Walkabout and Lenny Loosejocks in Space. Loved it when I was a kid, first game I could play for hours.

All I could find was the game for download, or online play at ezone.com (which doesn't work currently, it looks like).

Back in the day, Shockwave Player would let you have up to five games at a time on your computer (not like mom would let me play on dial up for hours, y'know). I can't remember what I did, but I found a way around it which was hugely gratifying.

I remember Shockmachine, which was an official thing that let you download videos and games from shockwave.com to play offline. Probably more than five, at least.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Waffleman_ posted:

Those were the poo poo.

oh MAN THOSE WERE RAD

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I LOVE THAT WE ALL HAVE MEMORIES OF THIS GAME.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Anybody remember the first generation of Adult Swim flash games? I can't even imagine how many hours I wasted playing that Home Movies one where you kick the soccer balls at the passing kids that was basically a more polished version of the tomato chucking mini-game from Bart's Nightmare.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
I will admit, I never even heard of Lenny in Space until about yesterday when one of my friends mentioned this when I was looking for more games to play. If I can ever find a way to play it that works I will give it a shot.

Also unfortunately, Neopets weren't in the plan as I was in and out before there were that many flash games I really wanted to play. If people are willing to give me some suggestions on some good ones to play I will give it a shot and see where we will go from there.

So here is my current list of games in the queue:

Cartoon Cartoon Beach Bungalow
Cartoon Cartoon Summer Resort: All 4 episodes
Cartoon Network: The Envelopes Please
Toonami: The Intruder/Escape Velocity
Toonami: Lockdown
(Maybe the second one too if I can find a good guide as I have never even gotten out of the starting village because it was so broken when it was online)

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Dec 20, 2015

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Oh man, I loved the Summer Resort games as a kid. Those were great.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

mateo360 posted:

:tem: HOLY gently caress :tem:

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Play 'Waterballoon Drop'. Not 5 or 3. The latest you can go is 2.

I used to spend hours playing it.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

mateo360 posted:

Also unfortunately, Neopets weren't in the plan as I was in and out before there were that many flash games I really wanted to play. If people are willing to give me some suggestions on some good ones to play I will give it a shot and see where we will go from there.

I'll have a poke, but be warned that some of them may be more "interesting" rather than good. :v:

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
So I have added a few more games in to the list:

Digimon Adventure (Tamers Flash game from Fox Kids)
Courage The Cowardly Dog: Creep TV
Garfield's Scary Scavenger Hunt I&II (Yes the one with Lyman in the basement)

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

I LOVE THAT WE ALL HAVE MEMORIES OF THIS GAME.

Uncle Gus needed his own cartoon.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

mateo360 posted:

So I have added a few more games in to the list:

Digimon Adventure (Tamers Flash game from Fox Kids)

Wait, is it the one where you have Guilmon and go through different areas and at some point you find Calumon and evolve into Growmon? And get commands from defeating enemies, if my memory isn't failing me? I loved that one.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Wait, is it the one where you have Guilmon and go through different areas and at some point you find Calumon and evolve into Growmon? And get commands from defeating enemies, if my memory isn't failing me? I loved that one.

That's the one

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
Holy poo poo the Cartoon Network Summer Resort game was amazing. Yes!

Rapid 99
Jan 30, 2015

Hero will never give up,
never hide,
never be defeated,
never accept evil.
Just looked through the list of games on CN's website to see what I recognize.

Operation S.T.A.R.T.U.P. (Kids Next Door)
Clash of the Idiots (EE&E)
To the Ed-Streme
Harum Scarum (Billy and Mandy)
PPG vs The Townsvillains

I couldn't find the Megas XLR game, a Teen Titans fighting game, a Samurai Jack game which had codes you picked up from watching the show, and a Gundam Wing game which was equal parts strategy and rock-paper-scissors.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Because of the overwhelmingly positive response to this thread, have the next video about half a week early.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

When I lived in South Africa a few years ago, their CN affiliate actually showed Cartoon Cartoons all the time and it owned. There was also a not-insignificant amount of time where I could watch Megas XLR and Samurai Jack in the same hour every night, which also owned.

What didn't own was having to come to some harsh realizations, like the fact that Cow and Chicken is loving awful and I hate it. Also Ben 10 and Bakugan were popular for some reason.

Edit: I remember liking Mike, Lu, and Og, but it always seemed like it was the Cartoon Cartoon that got the least attention from CN. The forgotten Cartoon Cartoon.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 18, 2015

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I don't know if you guys know this game, but I remember some sort of tie-in game for Kids Next Door where the second half of an episode would be the level of the game. I remember the first level was based on zombie nerds, the second was in a hospital, the third had were-dogs, and the fourth was all bosses.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Waffleman_ posted:

What didn't own was having to come to some harsh realizations, like the fact that Cow and Chicken is loving awful and I hate it. Also Ben 10 and Bakugan were popular for some reason.

I Am Weasel was also garbage. But that's okay. Still pretty sure Time Squad was amazing too.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Was Uncle Gus part of that one thing they did where they had a bunch of cartoon cartoon pilots and had kids vote for which one would become a real show, which is how Kids Next Door got it?

I remember most of them were crummy, and KND was the WORST pilot, but it had it's "KID POWER!!" message so it was the shoe-in. I wanted this one about a Captain Crunch style cereal mascot going on adventures. Had the same kind of semi-random humor style as say, Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy and Evil Con Carne.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Ignore this one, my next post has more info.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Nov 19, 2015

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Choco1980 posted:

Was Uncle Gus part of that one thing they did where they had a bunch of cartoon cartoon pilots and had kids vote for which one would become a real show, which is how Kids Next Door got it?

I remember most of them were crummy, and KND was the WORST pilot, but it had it's "KID POWER!!" message so it was the shoe-in. I wanted this one about a Captain Crunch style cereal mascot going on adventures. Had the same kind of semi-random humor style as say, Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy and Evil Con Carne.

Either that one or the one where Billy and Mandy won. I tracked down some of those pilots and HOLY poo poo they're awful. There was this one about a cat who wouldn't shut the hell up about having a cell phone the entire short; no set up for the characters or world just a loving cat showing off his cell phone to his friends for 10 minutes.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Combat Lobster posted:

Either that one or the one where Billy and Mandy won. I tracked down some of those pilots and HOLY poo poo they're awful. There was this one about a cat who wouldn't shut the hell up about having a cell phone the entire short; no set up for the characters or world just a loving cat showing off his cell phone to his friends for 10 minutes.

I looked up the Big Pick event and the three final choices of that were Grim & Evil, Whatever Happened to... Robot Jones?, and Longhair and Doubledome. Grim & Evil won by 57% of the vote while Whatever Happened to... Robot Jones? was later made into a full series that was short-lived.

Codename: Kids Next Door won a later Cartoon Network viewer's poll that got it greenlit to become a series.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Nov 19, 2015

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Looking at things, yeah they did it at least two years. Billy and Mandy won in 2000, Kids Next Door in 2001. Yes, Uncle Gus was also in 2001. As well as the one I was talking about, Major Flake, which I watched again, and isn't very good either. I don't THINK they did it a third year, but 2002 has a lot of pilots anyways. Megas XLR is the only show from a pilot that seems to have gone forward that year (it was originally called LowBrow)

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
What's funny is that Longhair and Doubledome entered the both the 2000 & the 2001 event and barely lost both times.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Nov 19, 2015

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

The creator of Longhair and Doubledome actually just launched a Kickstarter today to try to bring the show back to life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

GamesAreSupernice posted:

The creator of Longhair and Doubledome actually just launched a Kickstarter today to try to bring the show back to life.

Sort of, It appears to just be for Episode 3 but this may lead to some greater things.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/259218198/gavrilo-gnatovichs-longhair-and-doubledome-episode

• Locked thread