Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
String Sheet Here. Also, links to IC, OOC and everything else you may need.

Game Starting Note: Remember to mark your debts and faction from your start of session rumor roll. Being one step closer to an advance is a good thing, and I’m not going to babysit that sheet if I can avoid it.

Also, related, while everyone is at this event, you can only Hit The Streets once this scene, but it can be for any faction since they're all there.

Everyone: As part of Summer Court tradition, everyone who’s even tangentially in the know in Vegas is invited to the celebration of the ending of Summer and the start of Autumn. The Summer Court calls it many things, but they usually keep it simple for the invitations. Refusing the invitation is considered impolite by fae standards, which is a web none of you would like to get into without good reason. There have been Summer edicts that have led to basically being blackballed from faerie events solely because of impolite acts, and although Summer doesn’t own the town, they’re a big enough player that this is never a fight worth fighting.

The event is held every year since the city’s official opening in The Nymph’s Ring, far enough out of the city to avoid too much suspicion, but not hard enough to be a difficult or long drive. Out of sight of those out of the know, and with enough security to keep people from wandering in who think it’s some sort of Burning Man offshoot. This has worked well for long enough that people don’t believe the location should change, despite the Ring’s reputation as a location for debauchery.

The event has two parts, recently changed to adapt to modern times. The first part is the formal gathering, focusing on both social and business exchange between the various communities of Vegas. It’s a safe place to discuss deals, and there’s enough mystical power flowing around that it’s impossible to be overheard. The second part is the Grand Fall Bacchanal, which was formally translated after an incident with a lust vampire that was distasteful for everyone. It is what most expect it to be, but the details always seem light on the ground after the fact.

The dress code is non-existent for this sort of event, although there is a requirement of some clothes for the gathering part and carrying anything more than a ceremonial ancient weapon is forbidden. How are you dressed and what sort of entrance do you make? Is there anyone there you’ve been meaning to see? How long do you plan on staying?

Naomi: You know that Georgia Carver will be here tonight, most likely with another mortal whose life expectancy is probably going to be vastly shortened. Do you plan on confronting her at all, watching or did you have other goals tonight? It’s not every night that so much of the supernatural world is in the same place. You won’t have time to get too much information before the real party starts, so you’ll have to make a few choices on the people you want to talk with.

Pearl: Assuming she’s legitimately part of the community, Madame Romalda should be here tonight. Of course, given her particular trade, she may be passing herself off as just a charlatan to avoid these sort of events. Romanowski’s description would be completely unhelpful here, especially if she happened to be a glamoured fae or something similar. You know you have more important things to do tonight, in terms of your normal business. How important is searching her out tonight?

Lisa: Good news for you, Van Cleef is definitely not invited to this party. A rogue wizard going around town shooting people down is not the sort of person that’s considered part of the community. Does that mean party all night, or is it still sitting there in the back of your mind? Do you think there’s any chance of actually bringing him into playing nice, or is this going to end bloody? Still, since he won’t be here, you may be able to round up a few people to help deal with him at an event like this. Deals to be made and all.

Frankie: You’ve been to enough of these to know what’s what. Anything unusual about this one in particular? You know that all the major wolves are going to be here, and you see Anton and his muscle have taken one of the seats of honor, as far as those things go. He’s safe for tonight, unless someone in the werebeast community has gone completely postal. Do you think he’d know much about his underlings? Where do you think Borikov would be hanging out at an event like this?

Jake: You know that even Bigsby wouldn’t try to crackdown something like this. Sure, he’s corrupt and a shitbag, but he’s also likes living and he doesn’t have the recourses to try an all-out assault. However, you heard through the vine that he’s sponsored a few out of town hunters to crack down on the demons. You don’t know what their deal is yet, but you know that they’re coming for you and Hannibal. Do you have any idea why demons or Hannibal in particular? Good news, though, you have a few hours of not having to worry about being shot at. Are you assuming that they’re here for a kill or be killed mission or do you think you’ll be able to get them off your back another way? Who could help with that?

Najma: While you know that there are plenty of dealers at an event like this, probably selling to anyone and everyone, they aren’t going to sell anything dirty here. It’s a good way to get everyone to hate you, and that’s something worse than a death sentence. However, how focused are you on trying to find the one selling the bad dust? Is this a public safety concern or a more personal one? Do you think it’s one major dealer or something more sinister? Still, the suspect list is probably longer than the minutes to the last Wizards’ Council meeting. Is there anyone you’d trust more than the others?

Cali: What weapon did you bring, since you’re obviously not bringing the shotgun? You know that while no one would kill you here or right outside, the drive home could be a little bit more suspect. Especially since you stumbled right into the ritual of a out of town demon. He calls himself Morningstar, but that’s like someone calling themselves Nosferatu, Lestat, Frankenstein.. It’s clearly not his real name, but it’s an easy sell to cultists. Good news for you, he’s not affiliated locally which means shooting him isn’t a problem. Bad news, he’s clearly a psychopath, even by demon standards, and you’ve got his attention. Also, you don’t know thing one about him. You shoring that knowledge gap up tonight, or are you just looking to unwind?

Garrett: Wolf and vampire politics are pretty complicated right about now. Between the human cattle trade being a lot worse off than originally thought and the brewing civil war, that whole alliance between the two groups is looking much more fragile than it was a few months ago. Rothschilds has pretty much hosed off for the time being, and Collens is keeping her distance from most of the other vampires. Von Holstein has himself a pretty nice spot above the others, near Anton and the other key wolves. What’s your take on the whole Anton situation? You want anything to do with that level of power? How much does Von Holstein know about you looking into him?

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Nov 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Blood: 0, Heart: 0, Mind: +1, Spirit: +1
Mortality: -1, Night: 0, Power: +1, Wild: +2
Harm: 0/5(Healthy), Armor: 0, Corruption: 0/5

Though it was hardly the first time I had been to the Nymph's Circle, on an occasion like this I wanted to be especially careful not to give too much of a view to the uninitiated, so I had my driver park behind one of the convenient sand dunes and instructed him to stay close, but otherwise keep his head down and keep out of sight unless I called him. After letting me out first near the entryway, of course - I was wearing heels and it was a desert, after all.

But I liked to make an entrance, so I made sure to step out of the car (which, itself, cost more than most people's yearly income) just so, so I'd place one foot on the red carpet with my first step outside the car. The wow factor was there, of course, especially given the dress I was wearing - which cost more than the car! Nothing too overdone - that would distract from my natural charms of course. I had worn my hair up, too, to cut a taller and more imposing figure - it was important to impress in matters like this. All that though, gave way to a slow walk into the celebration proper - unconcerned, sensuous, superior - these were important demeanors to cultivate, in any public endeavor, but especially one like this - hardly anyone here wasn't in some way important - which meant it was really my best chance to actually interface with this Ramalda woman - if I could find her based on a nebbish man's description of her, that is; and assuming she wasn't trying to blend in somehow, or didn't avoid the celebration altogether, gauche though that may be.

Of course, having brought Felicity with me helped. She was dressed a bit more sensibly than I, I suppose in anticipation for the more party-esque aspects of the gathering. This being her first trip to the Nymph's Circle, I don't quite think she realized what the word "party" meant in this context. If it came down to it and I felt like staying, I'd have the driver bring me something more durable - or just go without, depending on my mood.

Which, by the way, would depend on if I made any headway on the Ramalda situation. I scanned the crowd coolly, but didn't see anything at first glance. Of course with all the flashing lights and noise, it wouldn't be hard to get lost, so I turned to the smiling Asian girl I had brought with me, her eyes wide to take it all in, and I tilted my head at her, bemused.

"Not to interrupt, Felicity my dear, but you told me the fortune teller would be here. Any sign of her thus far?"

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 17, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Blood: -1 Heart: +2 Mind: 0 Spirit: +1
Mortality: +1 Night: -1 Power: +1 Wild: +1
Harm: 0/5 | Corruption: 0/5 | Armor: 0

The Nymph's Ring is my kind of place - especially with the whole Community here! There's so many people and stranger things I only get to see once a year, it's great to have a chance to catch up with them, and, while it's sad to see Summer pass, we might as well have a big party to commemorate the yearly change, right? Right!

Having gotten dressed up in my Friday best - cute boots, cuter Rising Sun dress, matching chapeau and my shooting star purse - I am here to have some fun and make some friends, maybe sell some Dust too. I love the atmosphere, the feeling of masks slipping off as we all get to associate with one another properly. It's like, uh, poo poo what was that called - oh! The Christmas Truce! Except not like that, since that'd be Winter Court.

My Prius is parked up with all the others, unfortunately sort of wedged in there. It really seems like half the field is black cars, and most of them are big trucks or SUVs, a few flashy limousines and sports cars in there. Am I the only environmentally conscious person here? Anyways, I'm less bothered by that than I am delighted that I didn't draw short straw and end up having to help setup the event today. Speaking of, I spot poor Charly at the entrance, supervising a couple torches being placed and lit, and after about a minute and a half of bullshitting I've traded a gram of Dust for an eighth of kindbud, so with a flourish and a wink I wave the hapless Fae goodbye and continue into the party.

For a bit I'm just walking around, making sure I get a feel for where all the different cliques are hanging out. I see more than a few people I know while I'm doing my initial rounds at the party, saying some quick 'heys' and promising a few of my customers I'll hook 'em up in a little bit, after I've gotten a beer. Can't believe I forgot to do that! Also, for you information, I have not forgotten about Van Cleef, or that whole thing. It just sounds like a massive drag, so I'm going to drag my heels on doing it. Besides, today's for fun, not work - even if they are often the same thing.

Making my way over towards one of the many booths with alcohol and other amenities available, I'm about to reach for a Summer Ale when I hear "Here you go, honey." Turning to face the incredibly distinctive speaker, it's Elvis of course, dressed in some sequin trainwreck jumpsuit and he's holding a beer out for me. Giving him a smile in exchange for the beer, I use the bottle opener on my key ring to open it, clink bottles with him, then get to drinking. It's delicious - the first beer at a party always is the best. Before I take another drink, I make sure to say "Thanks. So dude, like, how's life been? Hear any fun gossip recently?"

<Rauri> Hit the Streets: Mortality
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 6+1 = 7
<Rauri> tyty Krysm
Whoever you’re going to is juggling their own problems

Rauri fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Nov 17, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Blood: 0 Heart: -1 Mind: +1 Spirit: +2
Mortality: +2 Night: -1 Power: +1 Wild: +0

Honestly, I was expecting to stick out more, as I was wearing one of the white tuxedoes that serves as my costume for my performances at Caesar. But, I hadn't really been thinking about just how colorful this crowd was going to be. I'd have probably been late if I'd stopped to change after my last show, and I didn't want to give anyone here an excuse to start poo poo. As I walk along, I occasionally pat my left pocket to reassure myself that the deck of cards that serves as my focus is still there. It's comforting to know that it's there, especially since I had to leave revolver in the car.

As far as my interest in the bad dust, it's.. well, it's kinda both personal and professional. I mean, I use dust. Sometimes. So, I don't want to spend who knows how long drooling in a psych ward. But, you'd have to be pretty cold to know something like that is going around and not do anything about it, right? As for who? It's probably coming from one place. Either one dealer or a supplier who is giving to a few dealers. The only thing that makes sense is cutting dust with junk so you have more dust to sell. I don't see an upside to just getting a bunch of random joes into a psych ward. On the other hand, we're talking about the Wild ones, so... who knows, right? The only person I'm pretty sure isn't cutting the dust with junk is Lisa. And probably Laz, if only because he's not dumb enough to pull something like that right after he nearly got sucked dry by an angry vamp.

If I'm lucky, I can get this taken care of tonight, though, cause I know a guy. Vincent is a vice cop, and he's brought a few of the victims in. Also, he's in the know, so he probably got an invite. Put all that together, and he's gotta know something that would help me narrow down who's dealing this crap. And, hey, I'm basically doing him a favor, so he should just tell me what I want, right?

<Capfalcon> Hitting the streets for Mortality
<Capfalcon> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Capfalcon, 7+2 = 9

Gonna be more costly than I think.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Blood 2 Heart 1 Mind -1 Spirit 0
Mortality 1 Night -1 Power 0 Wild 2
Harm 0/5 Armor 1 Corruption 0/5

I walk into The Nymph's Ring casually, wearing the simple business suit I usually do. The ban on weapons meant I had to leave my baton behind, but if things go bad I can always switch over to my demon form so I'm not too worried about that. I look around, seeing who showed up while I think about my current problem - Bigsby and the hunters he hired.

The cause of this is that demon who came in from out of town, Morningstar. He's not associated with any of the Wild faction demons, but he's done enough to attract the attention of Bigsby, among other people. And Bigsby must think he actually is part of the group. The solution then would be to convince the hunters that we're technically on the same side. Sort of, anyway. Which is going to be pretty hard to do. That is, unless I get the help of someone like them. Someone like Cali.

For now, until I find her or she shows up, I should try to get something on Morningstar. After a few minutes of wandering around, I see Franca. I figured she'd be nearby - even if everyone wasn't expected to be here there would still be a need for security around the place. Looks like she has a free moment as well.

"Hello Franca," I say as I walk up to her. "Listen, do you have a minute? I need to know if you know anything about that new demon in town. Morningstar. It's sort of important that I deal with him. You or any of your team heard anything about him that would come in handy?"

Hit The Streets (Wild): 2d6+2 7
She is juggling her own problems

Marking Wild for the faction move

quote:

Look: Male, Caucasian, Formal Clothing

Demeanor: Detached

Stats: Blood 3, Heart 1, Mind -1, Spirit 0

Factions: Mortality 1, Night -1, Power 0, Wild 2

Gear

An apartment, a car, a smart phone
Collapsible baton (2-harm hand)

Moves

The Devil Inside: When you assume your demon form, roll with Blood. On a 10+, choose 2. On a 7-9, choose 1. On a miss, choose 1 and you owe your patron a Debt.
»» Gain armor+1
»» Heal 2-harm
»» Inflict +1 harm
»» +demonic weapon (3-harm hand or 2-harm close)
»» +demonic movement (flight, flaming motorcycle, etc.)
If you’re working a job for your patron, choose 1 more. If you mark corruption, choose 1 more.

Tough as Nails: You get 1-armor. Blessed or holy sources ignore your armor. Weapons designed to stun or impair you have no effect.

Cold as Ice: Take +1 Blood (max +3)

Demon Form
Hands: Claws
Wings: Leather
Skin: Chitinous
Eyes: None

Demonic Jobs
Tracking down rogue demons, Delivering threats and messages

Drama Moves
Tainted Corruption Move
When you persuade someone on your patron’s behalf, mark corruption.
Intimacy Move
When you share a moment of intimacy—physical or emotional—with another person, they give you a Debt they hold on someone else.
End Move
When you die, cash in all the Debts your patron owes you to come back. If you have none, your patron will ask someone else to pay the Debt for you. If they refuse, time’s up. It’s been a good run.

Advances

A new Tainted move (Cold as Ice)

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jan 11, 2016

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Blood: -1Heart: +1 Mind: +2 Spirit: 0
Mortality: +1 Night: 0 Power: +1 Wild: +0

Well here I am. Putting in my appearance at the annual bash. I usually only stay for a couple of hours just for politeness sake. But this time things are different. I'm working again. I looked over across the parking lot to my beat up old pick up truck. She stood out like a sore thumb amongst all the fancy limo's and SUV's but I didn't care if she wasn't pretty she'd got me out of more than one scrape in the past and the old girl still had some life in her yet. Ugh wish I didn't have to wear this monkey suit getup I look terrible in a tux and I might as well be naked without a good weapon. I mean the crew the Fae had doing security should be reliable but i've seen too many things go wrong when someone who was supposed to be reliable turned out not to be.

Still enough bitching your here to work not moan Frankie. I picked up my drink from a smiling fae servant who asked if there was anything more i'd like. But I don't do drugs (these days) and as for the rest I'm a happily married man and most of these girls look young enough to be my daughter. When did they all start looking like that to me. Still that's why I'm here right for her? So to business.

Steph was still in the lurch and while I couldn't give a drat what happened to most of the wolves. I owed he for old times sake. She'd been good to me in the past in more ways than one. Least I can do is pay her back a little. Most of the wolves seemed to be clustered round a little table with the empty drink bottles already piled high. Good to see some things never changed the wolves already knew how to party with of course Old Ivan in the middle of it. Seemingly without a care in the world. You'd almost think he didn't know what was coming but he had to right? I mean I knew it hell half of Vegas knew it if he hadn't heard he was a fool or an idiot and deserved what he was about to get. Leave him to get on with it. Now where was Anton. Ah there sat with a knot of gunrunners of assorted shapes and sizes who looked to be talking shop.

Never been in that crowd myself I mean I do the odd retail sale of custom guns but I've never done the wholesale trade those guys, gals and things of indeterminate gender do. I could approach him directly he does owe me a favour from when I bailed him out the last time. But questioning him in public in front of that crowd would cause too much gossip and too many rumours I needed to get him away and somewhere private. Still I have a plan. I pulled an old piece of paper out of my pocket. It was an old shopping list but it'd have to do and a pen and scribbled a quick note to him saying I wanted to know what the score was with the werewolf factions and turned to one of the hovering waiters and pulled out a few bills.

[18:41] Ferrosol hitting the streets night faction
[18:41] Ferrosol !r 2d6
[18:41] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 2 = 2
[18:41] Ferrosol welp

"Hey kid deliver this note to Anton over there for me. he'll know what to do with it." I asked "make sure he get's and there's a reward for you." and I settled down to people watch. Huh it was interesting. For whatever reason this year the revelry seemed to be starting earlier if a bit more informally than usual. Skirts were up hair was let down inhibitions seemed to be flying out the window. Not that I objected I may be happily married but there's nothing wrong with looking right? Still best to make sure what happens in the tent stays in the tent. Still the analytical part of my brain was wondering what might be the cause of this sudden loosening. Some subtle power shift in the fae court? for people who let it all hang out they could be pretty subtle when it came to politics.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Blood: -1, Mind: 2, Heart: +1, Spirit: 0
Mortality: 2, Night: 0, Power 1, Wild: -1

I shouldn't have come here. I know barely anyone, I can't carry a weapon to defend myself, and I feel both over and under-dressed. Faeries are like, the supernatural creature I know the least about, and I don't like what I don't know. Which I guess is why I came anyway, to actually learn. No more piecemeal investigations, sneaking around like a paparazzo and dedicating weeks to finding out about one person. I'm throwing myself headfirst into this scene now, at a place with all the big movers and shakers, and I need that kind of opportunity.

I spent a long time agonizing over an outfit for this, because I have no idea what the goddamned dress etiquette is for these things? What if there's some faerie prince who can't abide the colour green, like some freaky magical Bloods/Crips vendetta? What if I don't stand out enough, and don't get anyone's attention? What if I stand out too much, and get the wrong person's attention? Even with Mad Frankie's help, the last thing I need right now is some monstrous nemesis.

In the end I decided on just some muted, neutral tones. A faded maroon hoodie over a plain white shirt and some blue denim jeans and running shoes, just in case I need to make a getaway. No jewellery (not that I have anything good in the first place), nothing extra. I'm here to observe, more than stand out. Parking my Mazda 3 at the closest space to the entrance I could, I left my gun in the glove compartment with more than a little hesitation, locked up and headed in. As soon as I'm in The Nymph's Ring, I do what's become such common practice to me that it's basically reflex at this point. Look for other ways out, look for danger, look for strangeness. ...as much as you can look for the last two in a place with so many false positives.

I'm not just here for information, after all. I'm here to try (somehow) to deal with a vampire who is probably a murderer. I'm not great at confrontations, but just finding her and keeping an eye on her should mean plenty, tonight, give me time to plan... or pass the plan onto someone with actual experience fighting, at least. For now, all I want to do is follow my reflex, keep calm, and observe.

[3:04pm] Nown: Just rolling for Snoop then
[3:04pm] Nown: !r 2d6+2
[3:04pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 9+2 = 11

What here is the greatest danger to me?
Who or what here is not what they seem?
What’s my best way in/out?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Blood 2 | Heart 0 | Mind 1 | Spirit -1
Mortality 2 | Night 1 | Power 0 | Wild -1
Harm: 0/5 | Armor: 0 | Corruption: 0/5

I enter the Nymph's Ring proper with bad grace, grinding my teeth with irritation as I start to scan the crowd for familiar, and unfamiliar faces. Important to know whose new in town. As I look, I run my fingers along the length of my chain, which I have draped across my shoulder and chest like a mayoral sash. I might have had to leave my shotgun in my trunk - in the secret compartment inside the secret compartment in the trunk - but there was no way I wasn't taking the rest of my gear inside.

The good thing about it was that my chain isn't technically a weapon, but a decorative piece, and the Faerie guarding the doors are, like all Fae, sticklers about rules, and they had to let the chain in a on a technicality. And since it happens to be made of blessed cold iron links, they couldn't check it closely enough to find my wrist blade either. 'Morningstar,' ha, is new enough in town and mad enough, as far as demons go, to risk pissing off the Courts by attacking me on the way back, and even 'accidents' can happen at events like these.

So big gun aside, there was no way I was coming in here unarmed. But this isn't quite the night to be in a bad mood. I might not be staying for the ...revelry... at the end of the night, because that isn't my thing at all, but I'm nominally safe here for the time, and the chance to relax a little could be well worth it. As long as I get some information while I'm here.

As I work my way deeper into the crowd, some of the always present tension ebbs from my shoulders, and I start to hum softly to myself. Until, that is, I spot the first demon in the crowd. Argh, I hate this loving truce. My trigger finger twitches at my side, and I turn away, heading off in another direction to stop myself from doing anything rash.

After a moments furious walking, I spot someone less likely to make my blood boil. "Three Eye!" I hail him as I approach, moving to pull him off to the side away from the nearest knot of people. "You got any news on this new guy? Calls himself Morningstar, because who ever said originality was dead."

9:22:38 PM godfish hit the streets mortality
9:22:47 PM godfish !r 2d6+2
9:22:47 PM Krysmbot godfish, 6+2 = 8
Whatever you need is more costly than anticipated

Frankie put in up with him before, good for information, keeps his 'eyes' open on all the supernatural visitors. He's usually in for spreading a few rumors for beers, though in a location like this with all the free drinks it implies, I suppose I can't help it if he asks for more.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Pearl: Felicity looks down for a moment, then looks into the crowd. “Unfortunately, we only know that she’s here. Couldn’t tell you exactly who she is, but we reached out to her and she did confirm she’d be here. I’m betting she would try to blend in a little, unlike some of the people here. You know some of the others here, perhaps they could help?” She goes to look over the crowd, noticing a few prime candidates.

“She’ll be a human, at least, but I’ve yet to find out just how powerful she is. Perhaps talk to the stage magician.. what’s her name.. Namja? No, well, She’s.. you can tell that she’s here, at least.” She gestures towards Najma, who looks like she should have a spotlight on her. “If you want, I can make some inquiries as well? I don’t know quite as many people as you do, but perhaps some of the serving staff would know.” Who else might know or be able to figure out which one Ramalda is?

Lisa: “Thank you very much.” Elvis gives a smile after saying that, mostly out of habit. Elvis impersonators, as a whole, tend to be creatures of habit. “As far as what’s going around, you hear about that.. whatchacallit, demon named Morningstar. He’s tearing up one of the bars, some sorta hoodoo working out of there. Killed a cousin or somethin’ of the police chief.”

He pauses for a moment, looking out towards the way back into town then back out. “Gonna need to jet after this shindig, find a nice hiding place for a few weeks. Wait until this all blows over. He’s gonna be interviewin’ everyone who knows anything that he can get his hands on.” He takes a big drink, looking back to her. “Can’t just let business be business after something like that happens. Don’t want to know anything more about it if I can.” He looks uncomfortable, but is trying pretty hard not to let it show. Are you going to do anything about it? Is this Elvis the sort to drink his problems away?

Najma: Finding Vincent isn’t very hard, because there’s only three bars set up that someone who’s completely mortal would find at all appetizing. One of them looks like some new-agey hookah stuff and the other one is way too close to the vampires for anyone like Vincent to see. Also helps that he’s a black man with a desk detective’s build in a place full of wizards and fae. He stands out just due to how normal he looks. Looks like he’s trying to enjoy a beer and a nice chat.

As soon as you get into his line of vision, he does a very obvious disappointed gesture. “No. Look, just no. Tonight’s not for your kind of business and I’m off-duty. Look, me and the nice lady here were just shooting the poo poo, and I’m not here to work. You’re gonna have to do something more than get me a beer, which would be free, and put on a nice smile to get me to even thinking about anything work-related. Don’t you ever take time off?” You know him somewhat, is he good for his word? Does blowing off steam seem like his normal sort of behavior at an event like this? Also, the woman looks a little familiar..

Jake: “Look, right now’s not the time. That rogue gently caress’s not likely to come here to try anything, so he’s off the radar for the next few hours. I’ve got feelers out to figure out more, but you’ll have to wait on anything concrete.” She straightens her sleeves of her very similar looking suit, looking over the crowd. “Heard that the werewolves are having some inner turmoil in their ranks, and some dumbass gave some anonymous threat that he was gonna pull something tonight. Probably full of poo poo, but werewolves aren’t the sort to normally do that sort of thing. Plus, given the brilliant lack of actual walls to this place, I’m searching everywhere.”

She pauses for a moment, looking around the desert behind the oasis. “Look, don’t you have some people you know who can find rogue demons for you? Anyone you know who might do that should be here tonight. Plus, if it’s the blonde, she probably won’t even try to stab you tonight.” Franca grins, patting your shoulder. You know exactly who she’s talking about. You did hear Cali’s already on the Morningstar case, although her goal and yours may not be entirely the same. Does Hannibal want to make an example of this rogue demon or is Morningstar kill on sight?

Frankie: Let’s start with the bad news. Your message made it all of ten feet before a pale, sharp-toothed man who may have literally been a neanderthal before he became undead slapped the message out of his hand. A voice from behind, with a slight accent from south of the border, was talking at the back of your head. “I didn’t know they invited old pieces of poo poo like you to classy events like this. Where’d you find that tux and what are you doing wearing it in the middle of the loving desert? You gettin’ the alzheimer's or whatever?”

The silver lining is that they haven’t given two shits about whatever you wrote down, and they seem to be here more to give you poo poo than anything else. Because they can, because you’re not going to shoot them here and now. Obviously, the slaughter was long enough ago that most vamps don’t want to see you dead. Do they all give you poo poo like this, or just those who were related to those you killed? What about guys like The Baron, do the vampire brass give any shits about you now?

Naomi: The nice thing about this event is that the security seems to be more of the supernatural sort rather than the physical sort. Leaving and entering are both really easy, and there aren’t any real walls keeping people in or out. If you use some of the drink and food stands as cover, you probably won’t have to even worry about any fighting. So, if you need to run, you’ve got that. Outside of the obvious trouble of Carver and her gang, which you don’t need to worry about direct conflict with, the werewolf congregation around Anton is looking highly volatile. If that explodes, you’re looking at a situation where your life is not really a top five concern for the security staff.

As far as things that aren’t what they appear, one of the cops right near Najma appears to have been chatting up someone who’s trying very hard to hide in plain sight that they’re actually important, as if testing them. There’s an air of unease around the usual mortal corners of the room, despite people putting on pleasant faces. Do you have any idea what’s going on with that, or have you been too focused on your case? One of Carver’s people seems to be giving you a look while you’re looking around. Do you think they know anything, or is it standard posturing from vamps trying to look tough?

Cali: “Sure, let’s shout loudly about bloody Morningstar at an event ran by the Summer Court.” Mordecai holds up his drink for a moment, looking Cali over. “Ain’t you ever ‘eard of a truce before? How about not just bringing up the biggest problem in Demon and Fae’s side of things, ya bint?” Mordecai talks loose, but you know he wouldn’t do this unless he was planning on offering the info up. He does lower his voice a bit more, now that the two of you have found a quieter place. “Look, I can get you some prime info on this, but it’s gonna cost you. Don’t mean just another drink, I mean you’ll owe me a job in tha future.”

This seems a little more than his usual rate, and normally he’s not one for running his own jobs anyway. Do you think he’s expanding or he’s just got big problems coming his way? Either way, do you take him up on his offer? Continue negotiations? “Look, this guy’s a real arsehole. He find out how much people actually know about what he’s doing here, he’s gonna start decidin’ that people in slutty pirate costumes ain’t the only thing needed for his ritual. He’s got the juice to really gently caress someone if he wants to.”

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I have to admit, I'm a bit taken aback. Vincent isn't normally a workaholic, but he's not callous. I frown, but press on, "Hey, people are really getting hosed up for good, and tonight's the best chance I'd have in a while to figure out what's going on. So, yeah, I'm still doing some good work tonight." I lean in closer, lowering my voice as I say, "Look, I'm not looking for someone to go start trouble with me. Just some info that's gonna narrow the list down, ok? If that's not enough, I'll throw in some tickets to my next show, which is quite popular now, I might add. It might even be a great place to take your new friend. On top of that, you won't hear from me again for the rest of the night. Deal?"

I glance over to the woman who seems quite enamored with him and... wait... is that Lady Joan? One of the Princesses of the Summer Court? I let out a small gulp and turn back to Vincent, waiting for his answer.

<CapPhone1> Manipulation time (combined guilt trip and bribe)
<CapPhone1> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> CapPhone1 , 10-1 = 9
<CapPhone1> Huh, color me surprised

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Nov 18, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Felicity pointed out that...stage magician who I was inexplicably drawn to. Of course she would be here, because that way my ability to control this situation would be damaged, though that would indicate she had legitimate credit in some respect of the...underground community - which concerned me because I had been unaware, and because it pointed to something more...sinister that was compelling me towards seeing her favorably. Still, first I had to address Felicity. "No, it's...a good plan. Ask around. I've...dealt with the garishly dressed woman before, I'll deal with her again. Hopefully we'll find this Romalda woman between the two of us. You know how to find me." Not that I didn't stand out, even in a varied crowd like this.

Still, I approached Najma slowly, because A: she seemed to be engaged with someone else and B: I needed to determine a few things.

I wasn't Samuel, clearly. But that was to say I wasn't as good at reading people as he was - determining what sort of person they are, or even if they were one of us. Still, I was...decent at it. If I focused - cut out all the noise and distraction and everything from the Circle, I could tell a few things about the woman's body language and mannerisms. Now that I wasn't being somehow wowed by her act and she was distracted, I could see certain social weak points I could exploit.

Gonna try and Figure Najma Out

(MobileWorser) !r 2d6+1
(Krysmbot) MobileWorser, 6+1 = 7

Ok, so that's two hold for me, one for Najma, can be spent while interacting to ask:

Who’s pulling your character’s strings?
• What’s your character’s beef with ______?
• What’s your character hoping to get from ____?
• How could I get your character to ____?
• What does your character worry might happen?
• How could I put your character in my Debt?

"But you're not performing your act tonight?" I say, smoothly interjecting myself into the conversation with a wry smile. "A pity, I had been looking forward to some levity." I let her take me in for a moment - I was exquisite, after all, and, I'll admit I perhaps puffed out my chest a bit more standing in front of her. "I wonder if I could...borrow a moment of your time? Not just for another autograph, I assure you." I deign to wink at the magician - might as well gauge her interest there, as well.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Saved by the rich fan. I say, "Look, just think it over, ok? I know you don't wanna see anyone else get hurt. Be right back."

As I walk away, relief washes over me to be away from the princess. With my luck, I'd break some weird sort of protocol by breathing wrong. As we go to another section of the bar, I look to Pearl. I do remember the name after all, but I'm much more wary about her now. I figure she's got to be a wildling, what with just how drop dead gorgeous she is. I start by saying, "Fancy running into you here. Should have known something was up when you missed tonight's show. Guess I just decided you'd finally hated it enough to stop coming, honestly." I grab a beer from the bar and start drinking, then continue, "So, what's on your mind? How can Najma the All-Powerful help her most interesting fan?" As I say my title, I waggle my fingers jokingly.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

I turned slowly around and reached for my gun... dammit. Old reflexes. Still they took away my gun but they couldn't take away the deadliest weapon I possess, My brain. Step 1 get him riled up. "Listen kid." although he looked about 20ish for all I knew he could have been embraced before I got out of diapers but treating him like a young and dumb idiot is always a good place to start. "I don't know who put you up to this. But either he's dumb or you are. You really think you can walk up to me here and insult me in front of all these people." I sneered. "come on kid want to take a swing at the great hunter. Or if you're feeling scared you can always bring in half a dozen of your friends and make it a fair fight." I saw his eyes flick involuntarily around the room no doubt trying to pick out the summer security. Not that I needed their help for a young punk like this.

Most of the vampires had more sense than this. The current leadership crop had in a roundabout way benefited quite substantially from my actions in the old days. I'd cleared out their superiors and their obvious successors and as such the current round of what passed for gang bosses in the vamps although they usually proffered classier terms than that had been able to move up into dead man shoes. Well deader men's shoes. And most of them knew it. Didn't mean they liked me but at least most of them had the sense to respect me. After all without me most of them would still be doing their bosses scutwork. Of course their gratitude and a couple of dollars would buy me a coffee.

Still it was always possible this guy was some lone wolf cut free from all his obligations. Could be some sort of minion who nursed a grudge from the old days. I didn't recognise him but it's been a long time and my memory isn't exactly photographic. "Of course if you'd like we could always step outside. Might have to take this tux off though first. It's a rental and I don't want to get your blood all over it. Besides it gives you time to arrange to have your worthless corpse shipped back to whatever corner of Transylvania you hail from." I added mockingly. "Now are you gonna leave me in peace or do I have to leave you in pieces." I said falling into a relaxed easy martial arts stance. If he threw the first punch it'd be self defence. Assuming he was dumb enough to start something here and now.

[23:53] Ferrosol persuade an NPC
[23:53] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[23:53] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 11+1 = 12

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

"Ah, well, yes - I do regret that." No I don'tyes I do. "But unfortunately, my work keeps me busy most of the time, I'm afraid if I indulged your act every time I got the urge I'd never get anything done." I purred. At least she recognized me for interesting, though I would have preferred it if she complimented my dress, or what I kept underneath it (though that of course could wait).

"That does bring me to why I wanted to talk to you though; business, unfortunately." I fake a pout for a moment. "You see, there's a woman about town recently, a...fortune-teller of some sort." I roll my hand as I say this, dismissively. "Apparently a number of people who are generally prone to common sense nevertheless have begun to swear by her ability - and I find myself curious about her efficacy with prognosticating. Her name is Madame Romalda, or at least, that's her...stage name, though, as I understand it she doesn't precisely work on a stage most of the time." Gods, I was blathering, but thankfully, Najma seemed engaged enough. Good, if I somehow bored her I might throw a fit. "I thought that perhaps, since you seem to run in...similar circles, I might be able to lean upon you..." I take a half a step closer to her as I say this. "...for information, of course. If you have any to impart." I smile again.

She might have bewitched me, but I'd be damned if I wasn't going to control this conversation as best I could.

Hey Cap, How could I get your character to lead me to Romalda?

Also, What does your character worry might happen? With this situation, I suppose.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Blood: 2 Heart: -1 Mind: 0 Spirit: +1
Mortality: +1 Night: +1 Power: -1 Wild: +1

The night started out good, I was walking my drag the apartments where pretty quiet for the most part. It was a quiet day for the most part, but thankfully Big John got home from work before the evening, and that was great, I always was worried with all the words about a werewolf civil war. I didn't want any of that poo poo going on in my territory, but I guess it decided to at least peep its little head into my land. I had just gotten dressed, just a simple blue dress shirt and black slacks, no jewelry, and a fresh shave. That is all I wanted to give the loving faeries. I hated them a bit, after they seemed to play at life like it was a game.

I had to struggle and work for everything in my life and done everything. In the end, I couldn't loving seen my daughter cause I was too drat good at my job. But my job was staring into the abyss and not flinching, to see the madness of the human condition and what they let themselves devolve into. But I would go in my slacks and clean shirt and smile at the loving human excess that was these parties, sex drugs and rock and roll. Nothing that would interest as me as much as bottle of scotch and a corpse in the night. At least the corpse had something in common, we both wouldn't be caught dead in that party.

That was when a beat up four door with two werewolf pups pulled up. Instantly, I could smell it on them. They were young, dumb and full of cum as my army Sargent would have said. "Thomas Vinette says that you aren't going to that party. He still hasn't forgiven you for your little indiscretion of your turning." He said with a wolf like sneer. I smiled and walked forward, "Guess what rear end in a top hat, I don't give a gently caress what Thomas Vinette wants." The other one swung the baseball bat and my army training took over. My hands grabbed his wrist supernaturally fast, and twisted it.

He yelped as the other one came at me. He hit my stomach, but I was ready for it. He hit my holstered 9mm and the tink rang out into the early evening light. He shouted as I kicked his knee and I heard the crack of a bone snap. The other his head in my hand I led down to my waist and my knee gave his mouth a redocoration that he wouldn't forget. Blood oozed from his mouth and it poured on my shoes. He tore at my shirt and ripped revealing a white undershirt underneath.

"Oh you fuckers aren't going to be causing trouble tonight." I gave them each a swift kick in the jaw and both moaned unconscious. Wolves healed quick, so I gathered them up and put in the trunk of the car. My torn and bloody shirt now fit my blooded slacks and fists. I guess, I had my chariot to the ball, and I wasn't going to pass that up.

Driving the beat up 1989 chevy four door was unimpressive in a place with limos and grand entrances, but mine will be remembered for a while I think. Thomas Vinette's white limo loomed in front of me and was parked with him in front. He almost seemed surprised when I smashed into it with my car. My seat belt kept me from moving much but the limo had a savage dent in from me going at least 40 mph as I t-boned it. Climbing out of the car, I looked at Vinette, "Stop me from coming you gently caress face." I popped the truck and threw the bloody wolf pups at his feet. "Keep your poo poo off my territory, last loving warning." I walked away, from the stunned Vinette, who was trying to calm the three strippers he had brought as dates. His sneer told me that it wasn't over, but he had made a fool of himself with that move.

Walking to the front a fae looking very surprised at my blooded and disheveled appearance, "No- Weapons... sir."

"I don't need any god drat weapons." My blood was up and I was riding high on a better drug than any other of these assholes. I saw that motherfucker Von Holstein, with a gaze that was only broken by the people that separated us walking by. How to tackle that was going to be hard, vamps were assholes, but I wasn't on the best of terms with anyone. Anton was a traitor at best, or a scumbag at worst. Best to keep my distance for the moment, though I couldn't say why at the moment.

Rolling for Comes with the Territory
2d6+2: 10 [2d6=3, 5]
On a 10+, your territory is secure and trouble is at a minimum; take +1 ongoing to Hitting the Streets in your territory.

quote:

Name:  Garrett Ellison
Concept: Ex-Cop Werewolf Protector
Look: Male, Black, Concealing Clothing
Demeanor: Aggressive

Stats
Blood: 2
Heart: -1
Mind: 0
Spirit: 1

Factions
Mortality: 1
Night: 1
Power: -1
Wild: 1

The Transformation
You change into your wolf form when the full moon rises; you gain natural weaponry (2-harm) and 2-armor; You are all but immune to magical attacks while transformed; Silver weapons ignore your armor; and The transformation takes a while and causes you a lot of pain.
Advantages
  • You gain +1 armor while transformed
  • You are all but immune to magical attacks while transformed
Weaknesses
  • Silver weapons ignore your armor
  • The transformation takes a while and causes you a lot of pain

The Territory
You’ve claimed an area of the city as your own. Your territory covers a city block or two and has the trouble: +crime +supported +guardian +upheaval +fealty
Advantages
  • You are widely accepted as this place’s protector (add blessing: +supported)
  • You’ve made a deal with someone, or something, to protect your territory when you’re not around (add blessing: +guardian)
Troubles
  • Mortals in the area are actively trying to revitalize local businesses and infrastructure (add trouble: +upheaval)
  • You have offered protection within your territory to someone, and now their problems are yours (add trouble: +fealty)

Moves

Comes with the Territory
If you are actively patrolling your territory at the start of the session, roll with Blood.
  • On a 10+, your territory is secure and trouble is at a minimum; take +1 ongoing to Hitting the Streets in your territory.
  • On a 7-9, one of your troubles surfaces (your choice), but things are mostly stable.
  • On a miss, or if you aren’t attending to your territory, things go south and your troubles are fast and furious.

Bloodhound
When you hunt someone, roll with Blood.
  • On a 10+, take +1 forward against them.
  • On a hit, you know exactly where to find them and can follow their scent until you do.
  • On a miss, someone unpleasant finds you first.

Alpha Dog
When you Persuade an NPC in your territory, roll with Blood instead of Heart.

Wolf Corruption Move
When you begin a hunt for someone, mark corruption.

Intimacy Move
When you share a moment of intimacy—physical or emotional—with another person, you create a primal bond with them; you always know where to find them and when they’re in trouble. This bond lasts until the end of the next session.

End Move
When you die or retire your character, anyone in the scene you wish to protect escapes and reaches safety, no matter the odds.

Gear
  • A duffel bag with your personal belongings
  • A old blackberry
  • Snub nosed revolver (2-harm close loud reload concealable)
  • 9mm Beretta (2-harm close loud)

Debts
  • Someone is hiding you from someone, or something, powerful. You owe them a Debt
  • Someone hired you for a job and you hosed it up. You owe them 2 Debts.
  • Someone lives in your territory, benefiting from your protection. They owe you a Debt.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Looking miffed, I say, "Psh. Yeah, I've seen her at a few of the Council meetings, when she bothers to show up. Don't get me wrong, she's good at what she does, but there's no art in it. She just woke up one morning and found out she can see the future. She didn't have to work at it." Realizing that I'm sounding jealous (probably because I am. After all, if I'd seen the future instead of taken up wizardy, I'd probably be happily married), I change tact, asking, "Is it urgent? I... was in the middle of something important."

If you help her with what she's doing, she'll be glad to help you. Alternatively, you could suck up to her as a fan, i.e. call in a debt.
She puts up a good front, but Najma's a bit of a neurotic mess. She's got plenty of day to day worries, but right now, her biggest worry is that she's going to screw this up and people are gonna die/end up in the psych ward indefinitely.
What's Pearl worried about right now?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Aww man, all that stuff about Morningstar totally sucks. He's being a nuisance and he's not even associated with Us, so kinda wish somebody would do something about him. I mean, totally not me, but somebody aught to. Plus being so open about stuff, last thing we need is a bunch of humans scrambling all over establishments I like on some Witch Hunt or whatever. This dumb demon's running my friend out of town, and that's not right. Maybe I can help Elvis out with that at least?

I take a swig of my beer, finishing it, then fetch another one from the cooler. I clink beers with him again in sympathy for his plight, then grin extra large after the sip. I'm looking downright Cheshire, I'm good at it. "What if your Faevorite friend knows somebody that'll put you up?" I wait a beat, studying his reaction, then continue. "Totally safe place and like, I've trusted the person that owns it with my life and they've come through for me. They're good people." I'm talking about Cali of course, who I'm already texting.

txt to Cali posted:

Yooo, u here? Got something important 2 talk 2 u bout!

"I'll see if they'll come through for ya man, I'll totally let you know what they say, alright? Best of luck dude." I'm stowing my phone and grabbing a little baggie out of my purse, which I toss his way. Not a ton of Pixie Dust, but I always keep some extra around just for him. Cuts into my profit a bit, but whatever. He's got a lot to stress about, and if Cali puts him up in the safehouse he'll probably be bored as gently caress. Besides, even if he gets a little too hammered tonight, he'll have a week or three holed up in a safehouse to get stupidly sober again. With a wink, wave, and spin, I depart for the rest of the party, determined to find another group or person to hang out with for a while. Chilling with just one person makes you look like a loser.

Perusing the party, I spot poor Naomi practically hiding behind some of the serving tables, looking wide eyed and bewildered. I can sympathize, I probably looked the same... when I was seven. And visiting Faerie for the first time. This is walk in an Earthly park compared to that, but she's totally human in a, I dunno, Kimmy sort of way. It's to be expected I guess. Momentarily torn between helping her fit in, and the desire to just go party by myself without her slowing me down, I let my shoulder Seelie win out. Gonna see if I can't sneak up on her...

drat, she saw me coming. "Hey gurl, talking to the snacks?" I give her a curious glance, still trying to figure out what shes' doing over here other than trying to look as odd as possible. Gesturing around her to indicate her lack of companionship, I implore her to listen to a party expert. "This is a Summer Court thing, you're being totally culturally insensitive to me if you don't have fun. C'mon, I'll introduce you to like, way more interesting people."

<Rauri> Figure out Naomi
<Rauri> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 6 = 6
<Rauri> instantly thought "time to check conditions and strings" but nooope
<godfish> rip.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

"Truce is a truce. I ain't looking to start poo poo here, just askin'. That's the point of these things, talkin', finding about the new faces in town." I play along, responding in belligerant kind until we've worked our way over to some privacy. "Not like they'd complain if I wiped their asses for em anyway." I crack a grin then, and let the attitude drop as I sip on a drink of my own -snagged from a passing Fae server on the way- staring back at him closely.

A job... Rather steep considering my usual rates -for the most part free or very high, depending. I tap my fingers on the side of the glass slowly, eyeing him up. "You in some poo poo Triclops?" I frown, and take another sip. "You need some help keeping safe I'll get your back, otherwise, well... a job is ...A Job... so the information better be good if you want a blank check."

I put the glass to the side and soften my expession a little, though I'm still frowning. "You know what he's doing, yeah? So he'll find out sooner or late,r you want to be the one he fucks, or you want it to be me going in there with my homewrecker when he wants to start loving?"

Phone's buzzing but that can wait.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

"Yeah, that's what I'm hoping too. I'll keep an eye out for anyone who might be causing that trouble while I go around tonight. If I find anything out, I'll let you know and you can let me know if you hear something about Morningstar." I head back into the crowd, searching for Cali. The sooner I get this done, the sooner I can stop worrying about Bigsby's hunters. Morningstar has caused enough trouble for Hannibal to want him dead - hopefully when Bigsby sees the dead body, he'll back off everyone else.

It takes me a while, but eventually I see Cali talking to Three Eyed Mordecai. I walk up to them, letting them see me approach in case they're talking about something they don't want overheard.

"Hey Cali, can I have a moment of your time? I think we can help each other out."

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Oh joy, here comes Jake Hawk. My trigger finger starts twitching against my glass again. Even with the help he gives me, keeping some of the demons -his mainly- off my back... God, seeing him walking around with a loving demon on his back (even if I can't actually see it) makes me sick. He does as much good as he can, I think, but I can't look at him without thinking of Miranda and all the other people they've killed. That said, even when there isn't a truce on, I can hold back the urge to kill him. So far.

"Just a minute Hawk." I hold up a hand, palm open and out, to show I'm peaceful, and to indicate he should stay out of earshot. The peaceful gesture loses a bit of the meaning when you consider that I have my blade attached to that wrist, but... Eh. I'm not that peaceful. I turn back to Mordecai to finish our negotiations, and then turn back to Jake, moving in to see what he wants. "Yeah Hawk? Helping you or helping your... friend?" If my smile looks forced, that'd be because it is. Somewhat painfully.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

"Well, if you are indeed having issues with Lady Joan, I can certainly help you navigate that particular minefield. Fae creatures are...tricky on occasion, it helps to have a horse in their race." I smile smoothly. "Luckily, for you, I have a horse in just about all of them." She didn't look particularly antsy, Najma, but her shoulders were tense and her movements rigid (maybe a massage...no, not now, bad mind), which meant whatever her situation must be terribly important. "Why don't you tell me all about what you need from my...cousins...and I'll see what I can do, in exchange of course, for a meeting with Romalda?" The offer was fair, as all my offers tended to be, at least on the surface. Najma would be a fool to turn it down.

At current, Pearl is most worried about the way Najma makes her feel, and whether or not that will screw up her position here tonight.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Good, there's safety, and easy escape routes. Never hurts to have those in a place like this. So long as I don't suffer a complete loss of my mental faculties and pick a fight with the supernatural ganglords, everything should be just... fine... and crap, I've already got the attention of one of Carver's gang. I don't think she's onto me, but at the very least, she sees a mortal looking around, and probably sees vulnerability. It's a good thing I don't stand out, because anyone paying attention will have me pegged for a mental case, the creepy girl skulking around with shifty eyes and mumbling under her breath...

Well, everyone except Lisa Fayette, who comes out of nowhere to, well, be herself. At least I know I have one friend here, for sure. ...or at least someone who wants to be friendly. I mean, she's still a faerie. Everyone knows how fickle faeries are, how whimsical. Nothing's set with them. Can't let myself get fooled into thinking there is.

Figuring Lisa Out
[12:35pm] Nown: !r 2d6+2
[12:35pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 5+2 = 7
Asking 'What's Lisa hoping to get from me?' and 'What does she worry might happen [tonight]'?

"You sure? More interesting than the food?" I say with a smile. "Well, I certainly wouldn't want to be culturally insensitive, so I don't have much choice, do I? Lead the way, Lisa~"

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Najma: Vincent looks over his watch, then scribbles a few things down on the back of one of his business cards, offering it then pulling it back for a moment. "You owe me, alright? Next time I call to get some info, something simple like this, you don't give me some bull about how much time it'll take. Number on the back is the case folder at the hospital. It's easier to explain how you got to that one then the one in the precinct. Doesn't have as much suspect info, but definitely has dealer names. They're open pretty much twenty-four seven, so you can even go tonight if you're not staying for the festivities."

Vincent smirks, offering the card again. "Now, business concluded, let me do what I do.."

You'll owe Vincent a debt if you use the card to get the info.

Frankie: As you stand there, ready for a fight, you notice two things at about the same time. The security are noticing your antics about the same time that one of the vampires is looking like he's literally steaming up. This guy is clearly barely the brains of his own operation, much less anything more complicated than that. He makes a strange noise and moves to throw a punch. Luckily for you, and most likely him as well, his latino friend sticks himself in the way. "What's wrong with you?! You know that lots of people are watching. Jesus, Rob, you need to lay off the juice."

"I thought you were Jesus.." There's a few odd stares from the surrounded group as the smaller man does a surprisingly good job of herding the larger away from trouble, swearing in what is most likely Spanish as he goes.

Are you going to try to send a note again to take care of the business you came here for? Just walk on over? The entire werewolf crew has noticed that you're here by now, so subtlety is out the window no matter what.

Garrett: Are you sure you want to leave the wild wolves in the back of the broken vehicle? I mean, sure, it’s not really yours, but you were the last one seen driving it. How are you going to get back, anyways? Walk? Hope some other thugs try and beat you down and do a bad job?

The guards give you a strange look at your entrance antics. One of the nearby demons pulls out a flashlight and tries to subtly give you a sobriety test while she checks for weapons. “That’s what they all say. Usually a little quieter.”

So, you’ve made a scene at the front of the show, not once but twice. Van Holstein seems not to give a poo poo about it, but that’s not stopping his security vamps from doing a triple-take in your general direction. Vanetti’s also pissed off. What’s with you and vampires, anyways? I mean, they aren’t easy to work with, I get that, but you seem to be really good at pissing them off. Do you practice?

Given the fact that you’ve made quite a scene, what will you do now?

Cali: “Look, he’s not like other demons. They’ve got all those bloody rules, he’s just doing whatever the gently caress he wants. Bollocks if you think I’m gonna try to make him pissed at me without something to show for it.” Mordecai shakes his head, grabbing something that looks either alcoholic or otherwise likely to make him forget his troubles from one of the nearby servers.

“My info’s not good now, but I can get you what you need. Sod it, you’re good people. Payment on delivery tomorrow, I’ll give you all sorts of details.”

Accepting means owing a debt that Mordecai will likely cash in when he gets the info tomorrow.

Lisa: As you and Naomi are talking, one of the many Fae runners comes by and slips a quick message into your hand.

Note posted:

Frost wants to see you. Before the clusterfuck.

You’ve got time, it’s not a rush, but usually when runners are used like this, it’s not a polite request. How long you got before Frost gets annoyed? Actually gets angry? How intense is he?

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Nov 20, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I shake my head and say, "No, it's Vincent; he's being a stubborn jac-" I stop talking when Vincent waves me back over. I say, "Speak of the devil... Excuse me." I walk back over and manage to not glare too hard at him when he finally gives me what I want. I grunt an acknowledgement and take the card, shoving it into my pocket without looking at it. I turn to Lady Joan and say, "Apologies for the intrusion. As I said earlier, I'll be going now. I hope you have a wonderful evening." I give a respectful nod of my head and turn to leave.

When I return to Pearl, I look much more sour than I did before. I say, "Anyway, Vincent's with vice, and I'm looking into a faerie drug that's been sending people to the mental hospital. Pixie dust, if you've heard of it. Normally it's no big deal. You feel exactly the way you want to feel for a while, and at worst, you maybe see an extra color for a day or two. But recently, some rear end in a top hat is trying to make their supply last longer by cutting it with some nasty junk." Glancing back at him, I grumble, "Didn't know Vince was gonna be such a hardass about me basically doing his job for him. rear end in a top hat." Grimacing at the card in my pocket, I add, "I can go introduce you to Rommy now, if you're still up for helping me. Would really appreciate not having to owe Vincent, especially since he's being such a dick about it."

Halfway through my explanation, I notice that she's hanging on to my every word when I'm talking. It's almost like this is just another performance for her. Or... oh, wait. She's... uh. She's into me, isn't she? Like, she's been flirting with me this whole time.

I just thought that was how fae people talked! But, yeah, that's... awkward, for sure. Maybe I should just introduce her and be on my way?

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Nov 20, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

I give Najma what I hope looks to be a succinct business-womanly nod, and straightened up a little bit, rolling my shoulders. "Well then, it's a deal. I'll see who I can press about this new strain of Pixie-Dust; don't worry I'll make sure I'm thorough." I pause, for half a moment, and smirk at her, maybe a little suggestively (just a little). "I always do."

It was true though, while I let her lead me through the crowd towards where hopefully the fortune-teller was, I was already keeping an eye out for a useful source of information on the drugs. Normally, I didn't trade in such things - as impermanent as they were, they held only very scant value; but that didn't mean I wasn't aware of the sorts of people who DID trade in these things - clearly given the name Pixie Dust and the fact that Najma was looking for associates of mine, they were Wilders, too, which meant they were out in force tonight. So, who would be best to provide me with the information I seek?

Of course, I was also keeping one eye on Najma's form leading me. Just to keep in the right direction, I assure you...

Trying to hit the streets for Wild while we're moving, though as you'll see, it's just a try...

<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 3+2 = 5
<LifeGetsWorser> D:
<LifeGetsWorser> whyyyy

I guess I can mark my Wild faction at least...

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

I watch Cali as she comes close, but looks like she won't do anything right now. I have to admit I am pretty glad we're currently in a place under truce.

"Honestly? A bit of both. I'm also trying to track down Morningstar, and if we work together we can find him. But right now, Bigsby is out for blood. He's hired some hunters from out of town and I'm one of the people they're going to go after. I'd like to avoid getting into a fight with them, and they're more likely to listen to you. So if you can help me with that, I can help you with Morningstar."

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Nov 20, 2015

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm: 0/5 | Corruption: 0/5 | Armor: 0 | Hold: 1

Lisa wants Naomi to have a fun time at the event in hopes of impressing her, and she's worried that she's might have to do work instead of partying.

Oh c'mon! Matt's not my boss - I barely even know the guy! I mean, we've hung out at the Arcadia a time or seven and at his apartment once, but he's definitely not my boss. He's in like, a totally different area of the Wild's activities than I am, too, even if he's a fellow changeling. I deal with way more pleasant stuff as part of my job than he does. He's not Summer Court even, while we're on the subject. With a name like that, it'd be symbolically dumb for him to be, so it was never going to work out that way.

Stuffing his note into my purse and doing an alright job of not looking annoyed at it, I take another sip from my drink and shrug at Naomi. "Ehh, first stop kinda got decided for us. Still, should be fun~" It should be, for her at least. Mostly because she's with me, but Changelings are a fun crowd. We're like, way friendlier than most supernaturals.

We make our way across the party until we reach where Matt and some other Wild folk have setup, and it almost looks like they're participating in competitive lounging. Everyone's dressed up and since they're Fae it means something, and most have drink or vice in hand. Laid-back wave at everyone quickly accomplished, I lock eyes with Matt. "Hey everyone! This is Naomi, she's my friend so play nice alright?" Pointing out a few folks, I say their names for Naomi's benefit as my finger drifts over them. "Trisha, Peablossom, and... Sam? Cool."

Introductions made, I look back towards Matt. "This private or something? 'cuz," I finish the rest of my beer, then swish the empty bottle back and forth. "I gots things to do. So like, Matt, what's up?"

Rauri fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Nov 20, 2015

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Finding someone to take me home with them was never much of an issue with me, to be honest, but we would see how well it did. If not, I would walk back, and that was alright with me. I would take more than a few shots before I went though, I knew that no taxi company would come out here for me. I wasn't here to make friends, I was here to put screws into someone, and that was all that mattered. I felt like I needed a god drat drink though, and that meant I was on a case, though there was no sergeant that would give me poo poo in the morning if I was drunk off my rear end. Parties like this, have to be done sober, danger in every corner and not a single piece of fun to be had.

I walked up to the vamp's guards and took out a cigarette from my blooded hands and slowly lit it in front of the body guard, as the blood congealed slowly on my fists. "Tell Van Holstein, we need to talk. Not now, not here, I really don't like this faerie poo poo." I pulled my old card from my pocket and handed to the vamp guard. I slipped it in his pocket, "Thanks for being a pal." I said smiling, the first thing you learn about being a lone wolf is having balls bigger than the rest of them and be willing to use them. If I could just get Van Holstein to just not touch the civvies that is all I cared about. Those in the game, well they loving rolled the dice.

Vampires are the essence of the world, it sucked the young dry and left them hollow husks with nothing left in life. I cared that Van Holstein was using Civilians not the normal junkie trash that you normally see. Once you are in that game, that lifestyle, there was nothing anyone could do for you, and I knew that more than most. I've tried to stop them from doing it, but it is a more addictive drug than the poo poo they put in their veins. The game is hard, and you are either a player, or you are a loser that takes all the poo poo. Civilians are the normal folk that just work the system and try to get by. They were the ones that deserved protection.

Smoking my cigarette, I headed toward the bar, and looked at the bartender, "Whatever you have bottled, unopened." The day I let a fae rear end in a top hat give me an unopened drink is the day I get a loving micky in it. If I had that happen, I am pretty sure I would either end up dead, or several people here would end up dead. I was handed a some microbrewery poo poo that was over priced to gently caress and used the edge of the bar stand to pop the top. My blooded handed and clothes mixing oddly with the beer on my tongue, it was like ecstasy.

Leaning against the bar, I looked at the bartender who regarded me with a sneer, something I was use too. "So do you happen to know one like you, girl, white, red hair. I have something to talk to her about something." I said as I smoked my cigarette and took a swig of my beer. I could tell I was going to get along with this rear end in a top hat fabulously.

Persuading Fae Bartender
2d6-1: 6 [2d6=2, 5]

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I'm not particularly pleased, but I need this info and Mordecai is my best bet at getting it. "Done." Tonight would have been a lot better of a time to get it as well, but if he doesn't have it... Still, with nearly everyone tied up at this dammed Truce event, I can't help but feel like Morningstar is going to go hogwild with his plans tonight. "Your help is appreciated as always Mordecai." I nod a farewell and drift over to that future conversation with Jake, sending a text on my way over.

@Lisa posted:

Obviously. Talking to ugh Hawk at the moment. Feel free to interrupt.

"What, you want me to go tell them 'Its okay he's sold his soul to a demon but he's totally one of the good guys'?" I let the forced smile drop, replacing it with a frown. "No deal. I might not be going after you because... of your... assistance..." Ugh. "And maybe you aren't as bad as the others." Not really a maybe. There is a reason he isn't dead yet. "But I'm not going to tell someone with the same mission as me not to do their job because it'll inconvenience me. But." I grit my teeth for a moment, "If your boss wants Morningstar dead, I'm willing to work with you on that. We both win."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

"It's not just going to be an inconvenience to me. I've helped you out a few times when people have been after you. Can you return the favor? If I don't have to worry about them trying to track me down, it'll make this job a lot easier for me. Which would mean we'll find Morningstar quicker."

Cashing in a debt with Cali for her to do something about the hunters

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

You know that actually made me feel good. Not 100% sure I could have taken them unarmed to be honest. But 90% of the game is convincing the big bad predator that you're not scared of them. Speaking of confidence in front of predators all the werewolves seem to be looking at me so it looks like subtlety is out of the window.

With the comedy duo out of the way I might as well cut the subtlety and just walk straight up and ask. It's not as if it's a secret of any kind really. Might as well grab a beer or something just for politeness sake. I'll probably only take a few sips then dump it in a plant pot somewhere. I don't like drinking and working at the same time. I grabbed a beer and noticed a seat had opened up next to Anton. "Hope this seat isn't taken but an old geezer like me needs to sit down every now and then I'm not as young as I used to be." I said. "So Anton how's the gun trade treating you these days?" I said making conversation. I was quiet but with werewolf hearing who knew whether the others could overhear. Not that I cared nothing about this was particularly secret apart from my personal reason for being involved.

He just snarled and said "leave me alone." I frowned "Anton, Anton, Anton after all I've done for you.I mean you didn't see me asking too many questions when I let you store those AR-15s at my place there's some people who'd really like to know where they came from but my lips are sealed for you." He sniffed like I had a bad smell Shouldn't do the amount of aftershave I lathered on earlier. "Fine tell me what you want and get out of here." he growled. "Nothing complicated really someone's been spreading rumours about a friend of mine Steph Greene. I want to know who and I want them to stop. Give a name and I'll be out of your hair."

[23:01] Ferrosol persuade an NPC spending a debt
[23:01] -->| Krysmbot (~Krysmbot@synIRC-7D5AE57A.kc.res.rr.com) has joined #shadowvegas
[23:01] Ferrosol !r 2d6+4
[23:01] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 4+4 = 8
On a 7-9, they modify the terms or demand a Debt.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I grumble something indistinct and raise my glass to my lips to drink and look grumpily over the rim at him. Finally, after pretending to drink as long as credibility would allow, I lower the glass and nod. "Fine. I'll try and get them off your back. But I'm going to need something to work with. Like I said, 'they're one of the good ones' isn't going to cut it."

@Lisa posted:

Whenever you like.

"So, the hunters here? Do you know where I can find them or is that on me as well?" I glance around the party as I send the text, looking for Lisa as much as for the mysterious hunters.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Pearl: There are a few people you do know when it comes to Faerie and drugs. Unfortunately for you, they all seem to have some reason to dislike you. The one who dislikes you the least, a sidhe by the name of Sim, is probably someone who can tell you more about some of the dust dealers. What did you say to make things go badly the last time you met them? How high up the dust ladder are they?

Najma: Where would this psychic Pearl is looking for likely hang out? Does she have any connections in town outside of vaguely being involved with the Council?

Lisa: "Nice to meetcha. Look, just handing out a heads up, nothing too serious. There was some bad dust being passed around. Dunno who got it and who didn't. Might get some questions on it. Just, you know, do what you do." How much dust have you actually sold in the last week or so? Any of your usual customers complaining about anything weird? Any of them not around anymore?

Naomi: What do you know about the dust trade? Is it something you worry about, or is it just one of those things you ignore because it probably isn't involved in your search?

Garrett: "Fae with red hair? Are you dense? Yeah, I know her. And her and her and him and her and.." The bartender rolls her eyes, handing over a capped bottle of the cheapest beer they have. Given that all the drinks are free, you seem to have made another friend. She eyes one of the security types, who gives you a once-over. "You have a name for this fae? What the hell do you want with her? If you just want to be an rear end in a top hat, there's plenty of fae here."

What do you want with Lisa, anyways?

Cali: How well are you connected to the hunters from out of town? Is there some big regional network? National network? Or am I thinking too big here?

Jake: Now that you've secured a bit of help, what can you actually do about the Morningstar situation? Are you going to directly involve your boss? Does your boss tend to stick his nose into your business if you don't involve him?

Frankie: "Well, poo poo. The yankee bulldog thinks he can run with wolves?" Anton doesn't seem angry, mostly just amused by your antics. "But if you're here to help your friend, I think I can tell you what I know. There are a lot of people talking like Ivan already dead, and I can give you their names. Don't know if any of them are involved directly, but they're definitely the top of the food chain, who'd try to manipulate situation." Anton's accent is about two steps away from comedic Russian villain, and slips a step closer every once in a while. "You've got to promise me that you're not going to go murder them, before I give you their names. You're just investigating, right? I mean, they die in a fight they start? That's their business. You have another major incident like that vampire thing you did? That's going to be a problem."

The info is out there, but you have to promise you're not going to go in trying to kill them. Also, it's not a single name.

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Nov 21, 2015

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

"Anton, Anton the vampire thing was 20 years ago.I'm older and wiser now." And I hope less crazy. "But yeah I'm not planning on murdering anyone. I'll leave you guys to sort out the succession or coup or whatever you want to call it. All I want is one specific rumour to stop." I sighed. "I mean if they start a fight I'm not gonna play taser tag with something that out weighs me by 200 pounds. But if I wanted a few werewolf pelts for my den I could've done it years ago." Never mind that my daughter would freak. She calls me an old fossil as it is If I started hanging up hunting trophies everywhere she wouldn't be happy.

"Look just give me the names and I'll get out of your hair and leave you to enjoy the party." I said plainly and simply.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

"What the gently caress did I do? You know what? gently caress you." I said and walked away, ignoring the bartender. I hated the loving fae, and this over priced microbrew beer was not half bad. At least it was not mixed with some bullshit loving drugs, but I knew when some yuppie fae gently caress was going to go off on me, and I had to admit all these white people looked all the same. "gently caress me." I said looking back at the bartender, but didn't go back toward toward her after all my pride was what got me here to begin with.

How the gently caress do white people have fun in a lovely yuppie place like this. I wasn't a loving banker, and drinking white coolers spiked with party drugs sounded as about fun as a bullet in back of my brain. Paint the walls with my brains and end this loving pounding music, I thought in an off lyrical manner. Well, gently caress this poo poo, I would sniff the girl out, after all, my nose was more dependable than any faerie or vampire here by far. I had learned to trust my instincts, and it was unfortunate that this fae girl had decided to camp on my territory, and we would have to go over ground rules, and who knows, might even get a ride back.

I am a likable guy when I wasn't forced into this situation by people who wouldn't know how to party and who hadn't seen a hard day of work in their life. Hell, most likely all of their life. I took a deep sniff, and my nose separated the different smells of pot, booze, cigarettes and food. Wolves didn't smell a cheeseburger, they smelled lettuce, tomato, cheese, meat, and grease and how well it was cooked. I needed someone who a change of clothes of first, or at least a place to wash up, and the only person I knew that wasn't a total yummy rear end in a top hat was Charly. So I followed my nose.
I think this is a hit the streets roll?

Hit the Streets Wild Charly, Change of clothes and information on Lisa?
2d6+1: 9 [2d6=4, 4]
Whoever you’re going to is juggling their own problems

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

She doesn't look happy about it, but at least she agreed. "Thanks. And they shouldn't be here - Bigsby might be angry, but even he wouldn't do something like that in a place this important. So that gives me some saftey until I leave. As for what to tell them..." I think for a bit. "Well, Bigsby wants Morningstar dead. So does a bunch of the Wild. Tell them that we're actually on the same side right now, that Morningstar isn't one of us, and trying to fight me wouldn't actually accomplish their job. I'm not sure where they are now, but you could probably find them right? Maybe people in your group will know more. That's about all I can offer, sorry. Do you need to know anything else before I head off?"

Now that I have Cali's help, I can focus on finding out more about who among the werewolves might have given the threat and if they're serious about it. Helping Franca out with that should free her up and maybe her team can focus more on Morningstar. As for Hannibal, he usually has his own work he's doing. I'll send him a text if something major comes up, but generally he tends to let me handle things. If something about the situation changes, or he has another task for me, he'll let me know.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Harm: 0/5 | Corruption: 0/5 | Armor: 0 | Hold: 1

"Aww, poo poo," is about all I can think to say when Matt tells me what's up. Bad Dust? That's loving bogus, man. I mean, the batch I got is clearly fine - 'cuz yeah, uh, otherwise I personally would've encountered some problems, let alone my customers. It's not been an amazing week for me or anything, I've been pretty chill about stuff. Usually have like five customers a day, twenty if I go to a show or party. Probably sold about $4k worth this week, of which $600 has been profit for me. And they've all been good I think... I mean, I don't sell to a ton to people. Basically, I only sell enough for someone to enjoy on their own. If you're hoping to use my connection to deal through me, no loving luck, I caught on to that forever ago. Maybe one or two of my greedier customers bought from whoever's dealing the tainted poo poo? I mean, if they did... gently caress 'em? It's what they get for being disloyal customers I guess.

Still, I look appropriately grim. Tainted drugs hurts all of us since people get scared away, and our Faction deals Dust a lot so yeah, could be a problem. Pushing my non-prescription glasses up since they've been slipping down my nose, I offer a promise up to Matt - he's Fae, he might appreciate it. "Never gonna intentionally sell tainted poo poo dude, like... don't worry." My phone's been buzzing, and I fake a lot of difficult finding my phone in my purse. Bend over to put it on the ground real quick, and...

I lean over to fish through my purse, swaying side to side a bit as I do. Like I, uh, implied earlier? Matt and I are coworkers, we've both hung around a casino where we get free drinks and drugs and also a ride over to his apartment... we have hooked up once (or thrice) before, to be blunt. Pretty fun. Fairly sure, with the low cut of my dress and me leaning forward, the look I'm giving him on purpose as I 'try and find' my phone... we may have both been drunk, but he totally remembers what I'm working with, what happened. "Speaking of that, like... text me if you hear more about the dust situation, OK?" I check my texts real quick, grinning like I've got some other suitor~

<Rauri> Persuade an NPC
<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 6+2 = 8
Persuading through seduction, Matt can modify terms or ask for a debt.

Whatever he decides, he'll have to text me. The text I'm looking at is actually from Cali, and I have a strict 'No Monster Hunters' policy. She wants rescued from Jake, and I think I can do that for her. Definitely owe her, and besides, Naomi's having a hard time over here. Another human might be more her speed. Gracefully putting my hands around her, I'd lean in over her shoulder if I was tall enough (grumble) so instead I wait for her to turn around to tell her I'm dragging her off. "Say goodbye Naomi~"

Whether she does or doesn't I drag her back towards where Cali was. Scoping the entire party out earlier was a wise decision, everyone else would've done it if they were as good at partying as I am. Lucky for Naomi she's with me. I find both Jake and Cali with no trouble. Before we swoop in on them, I give Naomi the low-down real quick, figuring she needs to know. "Cali's loving awesome, totally human like you, and Jake's not to be messed with but like, is fun in a Goodfellas kinda way, right?"

The two of us barge into the midst of their conversation, whether Naomi wants to or not. I'm not a huge Jake fan so I don't mind doing this for Cali. Throwing an arm around her too, I'm temporarily unable to drink but whatever. "Heya Cali! And Jake..." Pointing Naomi out, I introduce her to both of them. "So like, what's going on you two? Enjoying Fae hospitality?"

Taking a debt on Cali for doing her a favor - rescuing her from her conversation with Jake.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Nov 23, 2015

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

And Lisa's interesting people are... a bunch of changelings I don't know, talking about Dust. Which isn't really my area of expertise, nowhere near it. I know like, the basics, it's some sort of magical drug, but I've frankly had more important things to look into than that. Still, I try to think about what I do know, it might be important, talking to these guys...

Investigating a Place of Power by observing the Dust-dealing Changelings
[9:03pm] Nown: !r 2d6-1
[9:03pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 6-1 = 5

Not that I have much time to speak, because about as soon as I've said hi and traded the requisite small talk, Lisa's there to usher me away again, and yeah, I'm a little suspicious at this point. What can I say, I get suspicious easily, and Lisa's not scatterbrained, she must heard something that made her change her mind on me meeting her friends so quickly. Though I don't like, stop her, I do let out a sarcastic, "Uh, thanks for the ten seconds of interesting people, 'Lise?" Also she keeps introducing me, like I can't introduce myself, but my particular remark on that is shelved for now as I see who she's brought us to this time.

Someone else I know, thank God! Not just that, but Cali's more than just an acquaintance - while Frank teaches me how to properly handle myself, I figured I needed more protection than a few hours at the range with a handgun could give me, and Cali came really highly recommended as a bodyguard. "Don't worry, 'Lise, we've already met," I say with a grin as I give Cali a (very professional, very brief) hug. Once that's done, I hold out a hand for Jake to shake. "Nice to meet you too, Jake. Enjoying the, uh, party?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

I shake Naomi's hand. "Yeah, I'm having a pretty good time. The Fae excel at making everyone feel calm and at ease." Maybe not the complete truth, but I've been to events like this before and like I told Cali the hunters won't be here. So it's nice for that at least. "What about you? You seem new to this kind of thing. You doing all right? What group are you with?"

Casual questions, but...maybe I might learn something about her from them. Based on how she reacts and what she says to me.

Figure Naomi Out: 2d6-1 8
Jake holds 2 on Naomi, she holds 1 on him

Spending 1 Hold to ask "What does Naomi worry might happen?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I frown a bit more, chewing lightly on the corner of my lip, then nod. "Aright, I'll tell em. Can't promise it'll do any good, wouldn't stop me if I was them, but..." I shrug a little, and take another sip. "One more thing really, do you know how many? I can manage without a number, but it'll be easier." Hunters... well. We're a suspicious lot. No way you'd find some kind of online database -at least not one set up by us- but a lot of hunters use, uh... Craigslist. Yeah. For local stuff its a lot more word of mouth sort of thing. I'll ask around the more reliably human pubs.

Ah! Salvation! "Lisa! Naomi!" I barely pounce on them, returning Naomi's professional hug with a similar one, and putting an arm -feeling only slightly uncomfortable- around Lisa's shoulders, rather more easily than her attempts to do the same to me. "Yeah, can't complain," I lie easily, taking another sip of the glass. I can complain, rather a lot, though not about the service at least. I have better things to be doing with my time than mingling here, but some things can't be helped. "Good drinks." I'd be feeling a lot more grateful though if she was moving us away from Jake, rather than bringing someone along who needs to be introduced.

Ugh and now they're talking. Jake might not be the worst demon associated person ever, but I'd rather keep him well away from Naomi. She gets into enough trouble as it is. Reaching out with the hand not around Lisa, I snag her arm and start tugging lightly away from Jake. "Naomi, perfect timing, I wanted to show you someone I saw... over... here. Talk to you later Jake!" Come ooooon.

• Locked thread