Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Long live Belka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

ACZ is probably my favorite game of all time, and the one I've beaten the most. The core gameplay is pretty basic but there's an incredible amount of production value and attention to detail that really brings the whole thing together. Just remember that Knight path is worst path.

Also, eagle-eyed viewers will spot one of the long-running mysteries of the series in the intro, where the Autocracy (I think?) of Ratio annexes eastern Ustio and nobody seems to care.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

TyrantSabre posted:

because the action basically boils down to pressing Square when green boxes turn red, hundreds of times, for hours.

Why are you expanding your map when you have a firing solution, nugget?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Ace Combat is an accurate representation of how people in the Air Force view themselves.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Calax posted:

Don't forget Puddle of Mud for Ace Combat 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWRdMX1VaZA

Chopper: Do you love this song?

NO RAP OR COUNTRY
           ^
YES<     >NO
          V
    HATE SONGS

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I always thought it was weird that Usea has the most games that take place in it, yet we know the least about it, socially and politically.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

The Casualty posted:

V
[HATE SONGS]
Thunderhead: Razgriz 1, Pickle. Shack on the target.
Chopper: Aww man, my rock and roll records! It took me forever to collect all those!

They were still Wardog at that point, turn in your ace combat fan card.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

YeOldeButchere posted:

Maybe it's because they'd have trouble coming up with original ridiculous superweapons for Belka on account of all of them having actually been tried by the Germans at some point.

No, the Germans were the ones that got tried. At Nuremberg.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

biosterous posted:

something something Altman flies planes

Personally, I think he should use his hand grenades.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Skwerl posted:

Working on ACZ 10th anniversary painting, will have more to show you guys in the next March.

Thanks, friend. See you again.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Polaron posted:

Everyone in Strangereal has some sort of massive laser cannon (or in at least one case, giant rail cannon), and there's actually in-universe reasons for it that the next mission should go into.

Ulysses asteroid only got spotted a year ago in-game time. Laser was built for missile defense in the 80's under Belkan Ronald Reagan.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I bet crow sucks with napalm bombs.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Cooked Auto posted:

Okay the acting for those interviews were kind of bad with far too much overacting on their part.

The interviews are great for exactly this reason.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Kal-L posted:

It just came to me, but wouldn't a more appropiate translation be "The black knight"? Black knights have been portrayed as more blood-thirsty, less chivalrous people, which seems like a good fit for Cypher.

Maybe, but Demon Lord is what we got, so I always just assumed it was part of some Strangereal myth that we don't got on real earth. You'll be hearing about a lot of weird legends as the series goes on.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

In today's mission, Belka does everything wrong.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Kal-L posted:

Just to point out that it has been 70 years since the nuclear bombings in Japan, not 60. 1945 + 60 = 2005, not 2015.

No, it's been 20 years since the Belkan war.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Blind Sally posted:

The collaborative nature of this LP is wonderful. To everyone co-commentating and adding in-depth write-ups on planes and doing entire additional LPs, you're all great!

crow, you're okay too, I guess.

Crow is only OK, because the mark of "ace" is awarded only to those who score five kills with unguided bombs.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Lunethex posted:

I can see Farbanti on the map :unsmith:

Old Farbanti.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Altman be flame'd (as in, his plane went down in flames, get it?!):v:

He should have used his hand grenades.

Anyways I'm glad we just beat that peace treaty mission because every mission in Zero from here to the end of the game is 10/10 amazing and among the best in the series.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I thought I was an Ace Combat fan but some of the poo poo you're digging up in the ancillary posts is impressive, crow. Keep it up.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Okay, so:

:siren::siren::siren: A U D I E N C E | P A R T I C I P A T I O N | T I M E :siren::siren::siren:

Since we're fast approaching the end of the LP; I'm hoping to have the final mission and accompanying videos up by next Saturday, assuming I can pin Blind Sally down for one final recording session before then; I would like to take stock of things in preparation for the upcoming post-mortem loving around video.

With that, I'm asking: What would you like to see me show off / do in Ace Combat Zero that you haven't seen yet (to the best of my abilities)? And please, no bullshit "UGB a plane huuurrr :downs:" requests.

Here's what I'm already planning to show off just to give you some ideas:

• All planes in flight at least once
  • All paint schemes in action
  • All cockpit views
  • All special weapons in action
  • All 3 secret planes
  • A write up on the scrapped 4th secret plane
  • Free Flight mode for certain missions
  • Codebreaker cheat codes and what they do
  • Special unlocks for S-ranking all Ace missions
  • Dialog differences between Ace styles and player determined events

Etc., etc.

So think about it and post your requests in the thread and I will try to work them in to the video(s).

Beyond that, once I finish with Zero, I will be taking a short break before starting Ace Combat 2, probably like 2 to 3 weeks, primarily to 1) actually play through 2 completely so I'm not making a blind rear end out of myself trying to LP it, 2) give Lunethex and ACES some breathing time to finish Electrosphere and Mercenary Mode, and 3) just relax and maybe read a drat book or something, I dunno.

If anyone also feels like bravely jumping in and doing a Soldier run through the game just to complete the Ace Style trifecta, I'm not opposed to that either. I will leave the thread open for as long as it takes for Lune and ACES to finish up their work, but just be forewarned that AC2 (and all other games from here out) will have its own thread separate from this one. I'll put the link to the new thread in this topic when it goes live and just in case when I close the this thread I will also make sure to link to the AC2 thread in the final post.

Thank you all for your time.

Secret and super planes
Gauntlet Ace Run (with special boss)
Full motion video sequence starring you
Use an unguided bomb

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

IronSaber posted:

Use a fighter with EW.

One of the secret planes has it as a subweapon, and it's also the worst subweapon because it's loving BORING compared to the other two.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Redo the entire LP using only the F-35 while pretending it's a good plane.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Shei-kun posted:

This. I want to see just how much the difficulty ramps up over time, and how much you can punch the game in the dick by going back with better stuff.

The most overpowered plane makes just about every mission a joke.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Ashsaber posted:

Is that all? In Joint Assault I've flown straight into a mountainside that an AI plane I was tailing flew straight through, and watched AI planes fly into a canyon, fly through the canyon walls, then book it away faster than a player plane is capable of going while underground to deny me the progress towards new paint schemes.

The AI has achieved CHIM.

What if all the ace combat games take place in the electrosphere???

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Dear PJ haters: how good are you at polo? That's what I thought... get hosed.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Night10194 posted:

I think part of the reason I don't like 0 is I loving hate Pixy. He's just a nonsensical shithead. There's no real drama to his character. First he's the awesome mccool guy (they assure you) and then he turns into the crazy mass-murdering edgelord. There's just no real spark of conflict there.

He is the most Bad Anime of all AC foes. "Man, I'm so upset about that nuclear incident! I better cause a much worse, better targeted one! That'll fix things!"

Pixy was a Belkan. He's got pretty good reason to be pissed off by the war.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U06jlgpMtQs

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

After Ustio ace Cipher was shot down at Avalon, A World With No Boundaries was stopped by a nameless Yuktobanian ace who physically should have crashed into the pacific probably somewhere near sand island three hours ago.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Oh god, the ending to the F-35 bit was so worth it.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Lunethex posted:

The Demon Lord was the first super-ace to grace Strangereal, so he will always be the best...because he just kind of disappears forever.

Like Dash Rendar.

Cipher shows up in Ace Combat 6, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

InfinityComplex posted:

I don't think that counts.

It's an easter egg and you never see him but it makes sense for him to be there so I'd say it counts.

• Locked thread