Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I only have one question: when do we get to fight the Rectal Air Force?

Anyway, super interested in the series, never played it since it's console exclusive. Gonna watch with interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
As someone with no experience with the series whatsoever, I prefer the videos commentated. For one, it helps put some context to what the gently caress is going on, for two, even if the game's strength is in hammy acting, it doesn't necessarily mean you need to be quiet for all of it; if the first mission is anything to go by, just watching the planes would be pretty dull.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Night10194 posted:

Ace Combat is in no way a flight sim. It's an action hero flight sim.
Not necessarily a bad thing; arcade-type flighty games are few and far between and WE NEED ANOTHER CRIMSON SKIES ALREADY.
Sorry. Anyway, the point is dogfighting is a pretty drat adrenaline-packed activity that really shouldn't be restricted to people who know where on the airplane would you find flaps, what's the maximum speed of an unladen AA missile or which combination of shift, control and a function key allows you to steer the thing away from rapidly approaching ground.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Nov 18, 2015

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Hey, is that a painted F-117? I thought those had to be black by law.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Crigit posted:

Okay, that's got the 2 dozen bombs, but where's the 50+ sidewinders?
Now I'm imagining a little plane trailing behind that A-10 on a rope and dropping under the weight of all those extra explosives.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I'd like to think that the A-10's development went less along the lines of "we need a plane" and more of "how can we get this gun airborne?"

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
This LP is making me consistently sad that the PC didn't get a good arcady flight game since Crimson Skies.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
What's the chance of the F-35 being equipped with working missiles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Night10194 posted:

He is the most Bad Anime of all AC foes. "Man, I'm so upset about that nuclear incident! I better cause a much worse, better targeted one! That'll fix things!"
Really; I have no idea what his deal is. You'd think after being disgusted by the nuclear weapon use he'd decide not to join a group hellbent on... nuclear weapon use.

• Locked thread