Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Spider
Nov 9, 2012

what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

heheh

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
oh. I always thought the AV club was satire. lol

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

their review of chinese democracy is extremely hilarious

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
I didn't read the OP and scrolled over the linked article, but I feel that somebody needs to either take that dude's thesaurus away or beat him to death with it

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I like when the onion posts silly articles

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
theres nothing splendiferous about those visuals at all.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

A misanthrope posted:

if you dont like redlettermedia then you are for sure a goon -- because you are officially the most contrary motherfucker on the planet

I don't like it because I don't care that much about movies.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Cacator posted:

av club hasn't had credibility in years op hth

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Lord Binky posted:

I don't like it because I don't care that much about movies.

ok fine but how much do you care about humor and being alive and fake blood spatter and gross fried chicken and on-purpose but not on-purpose bad acting and not being a robot?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

who is the target audience for the AV Club? it can't just be TVIV types and hipsters can it?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Uncle Wemus posted:

who is the target audience for the AV Club? it can't just be TVIV types and hipsters can it?

wieners

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
fake and gay, not one mention of Lacanian Psychoanalyis

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
av club has been tumblr-tier garbage since half the staff left to form the dissolve. too bad the dissolve got shut down...

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules

Uncle Wemus posted:

no thats it

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Uncle Wemus posted:

i don't think its SMG as the writer takes a shot at Michael Bay and if the transformers thread taught me anything its that SMG wouldn't do that

I didn't read it but I did a ctrl f search for zizek and there were no results.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

A misanthrope posted:

ok fine but how much do you care about humor and being alive and fake blood spatter and gross fried chicken and on-purpose but not on-purpose bad acting and not being a robot?

We get it, you don't like Fallout 4.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Macnult posted:

We get it, you don't like Fallout 4.

but i love fallout 4

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
STAR WARS WEEK

Duracell PRESENTED BY
DURACELL

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

tumblr-tier garbage

what does that even mean

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
"much of the fun comes in the margins"

"nerdsplaining"

this is a really bad article

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Princeps32 posted:

this is a really bad article

This is all that needed to be said

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

mr.capps posted:

what does that even mean

lots of lovely thinkpieces on "why x is good for identity politics cause du jour" or "why x is problematic"

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Jukeboxblues posted:

oh. I always thought the AV club was satire. lol

It isn't, and it should be, and it's super clickbait garbage that posts tumblr-bait articles all the time.

I don't know how they can exist when Clickhole just tears them and all clickbait to pieces.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
This article is gonna get a lot of reposts from people who are like "ACTUALLY, let me tell you why this is wrong!!!", so mission accomplished

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
He had me going for a little while but I got the joke when he praised Jake Lloyd's performance

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

how did a 100 foot tall robot monster type those words

honestly im impressed by the onion finding a way to make that happen

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

oh poo poo was that really him?

i GET it, i dont particularly care for Nerd Online Circle Jerk whatever either but sometimes, a bad movie is just a bad movie and people are perfectly within their right to like them but they shouldn't delude themselves

this has been my libertarian fence ride unique snowflake opinion for the day

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
That's his gimmick and it's almost always a pretty good one but yeah he went over the line saying Jake Lloyd was likable.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

A misanthrope posted:

if you dont like redlettermedia then you are for sure a goon -- because you are officially the most contrary motherfucker on the planet

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
smg is basically Brian from family guy right, if it's popular it's poo poo, and if it's poo poo it's just misunderstood. need some help identifying poster gimmicks itt

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
The AV Club posts reviews of every Big Bang Theory episode and they aren't all F's. They've never had credibility when it comes to taste.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Arian_Samurai posted:

This is impressive. An article designed for maximum user comments.

They truly understand content.

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord

Carver Crisis posted:

The AV Club posts reviews of every Big Bang Theory episode and they aren't all F's. They've never had credibility when it comes to taste.

lmao :holymoley:

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
i just check the av club to see what tv shows are coming out and when

everyone who writes for them seems to be some kind of idiot or bitch or both and their comments section is the worst on the internet. the actual worst.

is there a place on the internet that writes good about pop culture anymore? do people do any good writing on the internet these days?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
AV Club discovers that nerd rage will generate more page views than pandering to them

I can't wait for them to (correctly) say how Robocop 2014 was a great movie

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
It somehow manages to be less funny than the average reddit comments thread, incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smelly Bohemian
Aug 20, 2015

by Lowtax
I wish to assert my opinion that the prequels were, in fact, bad.

• Locked thread