Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will leave Survivor's Series as WWE Champion?
This poll is closed.
Roman Reigns 46 20.54%
Dean Ambrose 15 6.70%
Kevin Owens 19 8.48%
Sheamus 50 22.32%
The Gobbledygooker :tastykake: 94 41.96%
Total: 224 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Voted Gobbledygooker because Tastykake

skipped most of Raw, what parts should I catch up on later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

SyntheticPolygon posted:

So, was this a good raw I should catch up on?

From the op it seems like i should check out the tournament matches at least.

it was mostly tournament matches. I think all of them but Kalisto vs Del Rio went to commercial at least once

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Cesaro's just going to keep showing up the entire roster until he's juggling cruiserweights in the ring while deadlifting the Big Show with his tongue, resulting in a two week US Champ run.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

oatgan posted:

The Von Erich's were formerly the most carny family

The Harts would like to have a word with you.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
What happened in the last segment that has everyone so riled up?

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Captain Magic posted:

What happened in the last segment that has everyone so riled up?

Charlotte brought up the real life death of her brother Reid. Paige promptly used it for heat, triggering a pull apart brawl.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Efexeye posted:

what the gently caress was that closing segment

with the dumpster fire texans in a surprisingly close game with the now 8-1 bengals, my guess is they rearranged things at the last minute or something

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Jimmy Cesaro would have turned that cartwheel into a DDT. Step your game up son.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Cornwind Evil posted:

Charlotte brought up the real life death of her brother Reid. Paige promptly used it for heat, triggering a pull apart brawl.

It was weird at first since Charlotte apparently inherited crying or nearly-crying at the drop of a hat from her dad, but then Charlotte and Paige got into increasingly uncomfortable "gently caress you" "no gently caress YOU" territory while Michael Cole stammered "uh, do you want to sign this contract" and they just kept going at each other like he wasn't there. I ended up enjoying it by the end, but I feel like things that are heated and also kind of awkward and uncomfortable when used in moderation add a touch of reality that WWE lacks a lot of the time.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Paige should've cut to an extended montage of David Flair's failures in WCW.

Dimebags Brain posted:

Jimmy Cesaro would have turned that cartwheel into a DDT. Step your game up son.

:hfive:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it took a while to get there but the main event segment was good and desperately needed given how lovely their feud has been to this point. I still don't think it's a good feud but it has heat now I guess!

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I liked the concept more than the execution, but they did a pretty good job with it considering Charlotte is usually a poor promo. I would make a crack that Charlotte is no Naitch, but Paige is a very far cry from her mother, so that's a moot point.

It was clearly given the spot it had to get people talking about it (Creative has a sub-group called "Controversy" for fucks sake), so they've definitely got people talking about it.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Cubone posted:

oh, wait
we were talking about Kanye West for some reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfwephg-hqQ

there we go

see ya

Can you really do all of that as one entrance? :laffo:
Those post match shenanigans too. :allears:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
not my idea, but IMO, if Cena ever turns heel he should change his theme to some abrasive Yeezus soundalike imo

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Alain Post posted:

not my idea, but IMO, if Cena ever turns heel he should change his theme to some abrasive Yeezus soundalike imo

He should keep the trumpets, they're a sign of the end times

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Cubone posted:

oh, wait

there we go

see ya

This owns. I love all of the surprise combatants at the end.

I couldn't catch Raw. That ending segment sounds bad and dumb.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Alain Post posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE-at65LjDA

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
cesaro's booking made me so mad. they're never going to follow up on this, even though they could do a thing with "oh his arm was injured otherwise he'd have won!" or whatever.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Under the vegetable posted:

cesaro's booking made me so mad. they're never going to follow up on this, even though they could do a thing with "oh his arm was injured otherwise he'd have won!" or whatever.

How would that make Reigns look strong???

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Reigns is strong

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

The Singing Chav posted:

Can you really do all of that as one entrance? :laffo:
Those post match shenanigans too. :allears:
Yeah. The only edits I made were speeding up the loading screens and adding the scenes at the end.

Also I'm glad you liked it.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Cubone posted:

oh, wait

there we go

see ya

I welcome the new champ

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Under the vegetable posted:

Cesaro was awesome, I'm pretty sure he was calling the match too.

Everytime he wrestles he seems to come out with "omg" moments from the cartwheel off the top turnbuckle ALONG THE loving ROPE to that really cool spinning springboard uppercut.

Roman is getting better but he's nowhere near Cesaros level its kinda frustrating because I'd rather see Cesaro vs Ambrose/KO than Reigns vs Ambrose/KO

Also Roman selling the wrong arm was getting loving annoying and drew me out of a decent and entertaining match.

Also the Paige / Charlotte promo was ok I actually think Paige improvised because she seemed to amp it up after I heard a very loud and audible "BOOOOORRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGG" chant from a member of the crowd.

And is it bad that I was totally thinking what Paige said about Charlotte's bro, quite shocked when she said it to be honest.

All in all Raw was entertaining, I skipped the Uso/Ryback vs New day match though, as entertaining as New day are I find Uso's and Ryback boring as gently caress

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

Cory Lidle posted:

(Creative has a sub-group called "Controversy" for fucks sake)

Well duh. With all the PPV money gone, someone has to be creating cash.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Can you please at least copy and paste raw results into the op? Not asking too much.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Cesaro deserves so much more. They can't even keep him down when they try real hard.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Did Reigns get booed when he beat Cesaro?

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

Orgophlax posted:

Did Reigns get booed when he beat Cesaro?

He was cheered. I'm sure someone there was booing, but I couldn't hear it.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I mean, that's my issue with Reigns. Dude's all right, but I can think of five or six other dudes I'd rather see in his spot right now.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

You could say the following about a lot of people in WWE, but it really just blows my mind that Cesaro's not in a better spot. I truly have no idea how Vince and co can stand to ignore how good he is and how much fans want to get behind him. He has so much strength, physical charisma, and wrestling skill. He was even getting over huge with the crowd back when he was often doing the swing, culminating in that awesome WM30 moment where he slammed Big Show.

But no, he talks funny, gotta push him way down the card!

What the hell. Wrestling is the weirdest business on the planet.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Dave noted they shot Trips and Owens to make Owens look short and had Cesaro and Trips sitting down despite Cesaro bring a few inches taller than Trips. Ha ha ha ha

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Luigi Thirty posted:

Dave noted they shot Trips and Owens to make Owens look short and had Cesaro and Trips sitting down despite Cesaro bring a few inches taller than Trips. Ha ha ha ha

Well, he said that it happened, not that they intentionally meant it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

abraham linksys posted:

haha Playstation Vue once again failed to record Raw

don't subscribe to this service it's a heap of loving garbage

I posted about this on the Vue forums recently. You have to add Raw every week because it's seen as a different event each week. It makes no sense because I can favorite "NFL Football" once and it records literally every game in my market each week. But, that's the trick.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I really enjoyed the tournament matches. The match quality on Raw has been very good lately.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Paige and Lana are shooting over twitter. Okay back to talk about how bad Raw is.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

KungFu Grip posted:

Paige and Lana are shooting over twitter. Okay back to talk about how bad Raw is.

Anyone see the original tweet that Lana deleted?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

Can you elaborate for those of us at work who can't see twitter?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Codependent Poster posted:

It is great and it demonstrates what I said about the Lana/TMZ thing as being correct.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

Okay back to talk about how bad Raw is.
Raw....Raw never changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

Lana said something about Paige, idk what because Lana deleted it. Paige called her out saying she's a liar and using some hashtag with TMZ in it, then called her out for deleting the tweet. Lana said she's making a longer post and that Paige was a bully to her in NXT. Paige then said she was barely in NXT long enough for Paige to even notice her. Lana said Paige was always disrespectful to everyone and Paige followed up with "stop trying to get a storyline." Lana than wimped out and said Paige was a great wrestler but Charlotte is going to beat her at Survivor Series and was done talking. Paige said see ya with the hand wave emoji. Rob Naylor is now backing up Paige and laughing at Lana.

• Locked thread