Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will leave Survivor's Series as WWE Champion?
This poll is closed.
Roman Reigns 46 20.54%
Dean Ambrose 15 6.70%
Kevin Owens 19 8.48%
Sheamus 50 22.32%
The Gobbledygooker :tastykake: 94 41.96%
Total: 224 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Lady Naga posted:

People still really like that Cesaro fella so if Roman won there'd be a million cries that Cesaro didn't.

yeah but like a million cries from sixteen dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

GrimGypsy posted:

The worst part of the Roman/Cesaro match was when Roman had Cesaro in the corner and tried to execute a sort of 10-count clothesline-punch thing, but he was so gassed/lazy/bad at wrestling that it immediately became him just weakly draping his arm over Cesaro's shoulder a little.

All aboard the inevitably awful Ambrose heel-turn title run.

That's maybe the worst spot in WWE right now. Roman has never once made it look good.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Under the vegetable posted:

That's maybe the worst spot in WWE right now. Roman has never once made it look good.
It's also the one big cheer spot that he should be able to do! Be a Big Muscle Dude, throw good looking punches/elbows. He has a big issue with looking impactful for a power guy.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Speaking of bad spots, Ambrose needs to get rid of the loving rebound clothesline, the rope bit looks worse and worse every time I see it. The clothesline itself is usually pretty good

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Speaking of bad spots, Ambrose needs to get rid of the loving rebound clothesline, the rope bit looks worse and worse every time I see it. The clothesline itself is usually pretty good

I'd like it if he used it more sparingly. I know, "get your poo poo in" and all, but doing it every match makes it kind of silly when it's more of a counter-move than anything.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Ambrose's top rope elbow drop is good when it's an elbow but it's often not and is terrible.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Rovert how mad are you that Charolette is Becky's friend and you arent?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

I hope that's true because it makes all the outrage hilarious

Not really, it just means Charlotte and likely Ric knew about it. Unless you think they're the only people in the Fliehr family

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

StarkRavingMad posted:

I hope that's true because it makes all the outrage hilarious

I was outraged by how bad Charlotte was, so that still stands.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I have to give Roman credit, he was in a sweet match last night and did his part.

I have to give Cesaro even more credit though, god drat,

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm 99% sure we have an Ambrose/Reigns final incoming.

I'm 75% sure one of the two will turn.

I'd say I'm riding on a 65%/35% certainty that Dean and Roman turn, respectively. Dean is the more obvious and likely choice, no doubt, but I wouldn't call a Roman turn impossible. Commentary, Cole in particular, made SUCH a point of talking about Reigns sticking it to HHH that I'm wondering. That and the fact that Ambrose's promo after his match really drove home that he had no interest in fitting the mold makes an Ambrose turn make less sense, whereas Roman said nothing.

Like I said, put a gun to my head and I'm saying Ambrose sells out, but that doesn't mean I'm positive, and that's exciting. And I'm cool with either turn as long as Dean doesn't turn and lose anyway. Feels pretty good, man. ::)

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I tend to bet on "nothing interesting will happen" when it comes to WWE booking, so I think Reigns will beat Ambrose clean, they will face off for a few minutes, then Ambrose will shake his hand and they'll go back to being Best Buddies Forever.

Then Roman will feud with Big Show and Ambrose will have a midcard feud with, oh lets say Stroman

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That and the fact that Ambrose's promo after his match really drove home that he had no interest in fitting the mold makes an Ambrose turn make less sense, whereas Roman said nothing.

That or becoming the new corporate stooge makes the turn that much more dastardly.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I kind of hope Dean turns because it would be cool to have all 3 Shield guys with a World Title reign before Mania 32.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Neither Roman nor Dean turning make sense, so Roman will beat Owens in the final due to Triple H, Ambrose, and Orton in a sling interfering, and form Evolu-SHIELD.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It was cool that they put a divas title contract signing in the main event. It wasn't really any worse than any other contract signing, other than it feeling like they were just kinda saying lines instead of having a conversation/argument. The brawl at the end was nice.

Wasn't as good as the women's title signings in NXT, but still pretty neat to see the go-home episode of Raw end on the women.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
I don't hate Roman but yeah his offense leaves a lot to be desired.At the same time I don't know how it could be improved - he has no power moves he can do on heavyweights/Dolph Ziggler, and since his gimmick is being explosive he can't add holds to his repertoire

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

cm punk is going to win actually

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Ambrose can turn heel without joining the authority. Never doubt Triple H ignoring recent heel actions in order to try to get a babyface reaction, even as a corporate suit against a cool rebel.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

remember when vince tried to be face against cm punk?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Paige seems like just the most unpleasant person

With deepest regret and tears that are soaked
Im sorry to hear your dear brother croaked
He lived a full life and much love he gave
And he was always thankful his name wasn't Dave
But if I had a sister who was a great big hack
I too would become addicted to smack
So be brave but remember you little mouse
I'll be taking your title 'cause THIS IS MAH HOUSE

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

:vince:

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Ambrose can turn heel without joining the authority. Never doubt Triple H ignoring recent heel actions in order to try to get a babyface reaction, even as a corporate suit against a cool rebel.

Well HHH is the sexiest,coolest rebel of all time anyway

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
now take that gif of big show riding a coffin and put charlottes head on it

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Mike Johnson stated that the writers offered the idea to Charlotte and gave her the chance to turn it down or revise it. Ric likely wasn't consulted.

Charlotte sold out her brother.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

How many posts have you made on the WWE Title Tournament rovert?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

triplexpac posted:

I tend to bet on "nothing interesting will happen" when it comes to WWE booking, so I think Reigns will beat Ambrose clean, they will face off for a few minutes, then Ambrose will shake his hand and they'll go back to being Best Buddies Forever.

Then Roman will feud with Big Show and Ambrose will have a midcard feud with, oh lets say Stroman

Yeah, I'm operating under the assumption that they're going to have Roman beat Dean and Dean do the "AW DANGIT well alright buddy you're the man" handshake and hug to try to blunt anyone being mad about it. I would be quite happy to be wrong.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DynamiteKidd posted:

I don't hate Roman but yeah his offense leaves a lot to be desired.At the same time I don't know how it could be improved - he has no power moves he can do on heavyweights/Dolph Ziggler, and since his gimmick is being explosive he can't add holds to his repertoire

Same here. I found the match with Cesaro to be incredibly boring until the end. Cesaro looked good and all, but there was no rhythm or flow to the match at all. I haven't been watching Raw regularly, though, so I don't know if this is totally a Roman thing or just Roman and Cesaro not having chemistry.

Speaking of power moves, though, I did get a kick out of JBL telling everybody at home to try doing the one-arm power bomb before Cole quickly jumped in with "DON'TTRYTHISATHOME!"

UpfrontSalmon
Nov 4, 2011

I prefer the term "Battle FROG."

rovert posted:

It was the right choice

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Well, he is dead so it's not like he can complain

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

rovert posted:

Mike Johnson stated that the writers offered the idea to Charlotte and gave her the chance to turn it down or revise it. Ric likely wasn't consulted.

By that same stretch, Vickie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio sold out Eddie. This forum doesn't need another Banjo

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

:cop:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Dr. rear end posted:

By that same stretch, Vickie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio sold out Eddie. This forum doesn't need another Banjo

Not a stretch.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

rovert posted:

Jesus goddamn Christ, you are a weirdo.

UpfrontSalmon
Nov 4, 2011

I prefer the term "Battle FROG."

Timby posted:

Jesus goddamn Christ, you are a weirdo.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

rovert posted:

Nobody cares. Your weird fixation on Charlotte is unhealthy. Stop obsessively posting about her.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
The worst part of Charlotte joining the main roster is that it somehow called rovert up out of NXT thread quarantine and now main discussion has to eat six page creepy obsession derails

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Can we make it so he gets a time out if he's creepy about Charlotte in the future?

Please and thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If her and Reid's mom is so pissed about her daughter's decision making, where the gently caress was she when she let another woman raise her child. DEATH TO NANNIES

• Locked thread