Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will leave Survivor's Series as WWE Champion?
This poll is closed.
Roman Reigns 46 20.54%
Dean Ambrose 15 6.70%
Kevin Owens 19 8.48%
Sheamus 50 22.32%
The Gobbledygooker :tastykake: 94 41.96%
Total: 224 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Paige and Charlotte come from the carniest families in the biz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Fauxhawk Express posted:

which one is a Von Erich?

The Von Erich's were formerly the most carny family

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it took a while to get there but the main event segment was good and desperately needed given how lovely their feud has been to this point. I still don't think it's a good feud but it has heat now I guess!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Alain Post posted:

not my idea, but IMO, if Cena ever turns heel he should change his theme to some abrasive Yeezus soundalike imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE-at65LjDA

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

rovert posted:

There was a Tornado.

Would explain the steady decline in attendance at all the Oklahoma wwe shows I go to year after year

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Because the brothers of destruction and the wyatts suck

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ric flair talked a lot about the segment on raw on his podcast and its very clear that it upset him deeply http://www1.play.it/audio/wooooo-nation-with-ric-flair/

"Obviously I have an opinion, but I'm afraid to voice it because I don't want anything to affect Ashley's career"
"I don't think she feels she's comfortable enough to say 'no' to anything yet, she's only been up there three-months"

oatgan fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Nov 18, 2015

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

lana was right paige is a bully

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i think the worst thing about the reid stuff is that i'm not even sure what purpose it served because they didn't go into specifics (for obvious reasons) and how much of the audience really knows charlotte's baby brother died of a drug overdose so who was that segment really for

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Why not have Paige come after Ric for being a bad dad. Everyone loves Ric Flair and it's the only thing we know about Charlotte as a person on the main roster

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

remember when wwe insisted they had permission from bill moody's family to use him in the build to punk/taker like a week after he died and then they were apparently horrified as they watched cm punk dump out his "ashes" and smear them all over himself and the undertaker because they didn't know what they were giving permission to do

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Hypothetically does having the Psycho Circus trios match happen (featuring guy who just had a stroke) count for nomination in that award

If not, yeah, it's not even gonna be close

what about promoting that match was disgusting? it was a send off for a legend there was nothing gross or immoral about it. It was just a bad match on a bad PPV

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

HulkaMatt posted:

I mean it got attention but no guarantee that translates to money.

"It got us on the cover of usa today"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Eva Marie is a heel who the crowd hates so idc if she couldn't cut her promo or not the segment worked

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i do like the rock AND the fast and the furious cinematic universe

the rock has been talking about doing a hobbes picture as part of the larger F&F EU since 5 came out

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

lol, knew they were bullshitting when Vin said the next one was the last one

dude they've already signed deals for a final trilogy with the main cast

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Last I heard 2 months ago, he was saying the 9th one was the last one and this was the final trilogy they signed on for

ed: Wait, haven't there already been 8 of them? I don't even know anymore, this series was out of control by Tokyo Drift

if you ain't outta control, you ain't in control

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Ruggington posted:

I also cheered for tyson kidd when everybody was silently confused about who he was

it's been a few years but the few times i've seen tyson kidd perform live the only people who were cheering for him were a handful of small children who were losing their minds and i assume it's because children are the only people in the world with enough free time to watch superstars/main event to see him

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i'm of above average height and i love tyson kidd

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Great White Hope posted:

You're also Erik Watts and thus like people who starts off with the gimmick of 'hey remember that old act you liked, well it's back, younger and on fewer drugs'

i will always carry a torch for the new rockers

Ruggington posted:

The Uppercats were so good
i have faith they will again be good some day

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

tyson kidd is the kind of guy to do everything in his power to return to the ring a conquering hero and one day again ignore his wife constantly to high five antonio cesaro

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

la sombra is so drat good

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

there's a lot of things bad about wwe but the place with dumber politics, worse working conditions, insane backstage culture, and directionless booking here is cmll so this seems like a step up for la sombra

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Phenix Rising posted:

Anyone have any key La Sombra matches to watch? Have heard the name but have never seen him wrestle.

here's him vs Atlantis in the main event of CMLL's biggest show of the year from a couple months ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LQUouo78KY
here's him vs shinsuke nakamura for the iwgp ic title https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn1_tMIxqwU

he's wrestled his former tag partner and eternal rival Volador Jr like a thousand times and all of those are good so take your pick

oatgan fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Nov 19, 2015

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

electric funeral posted:

What the hell was that move at the seven minute mark? Jesus Christ.

Looks like an avalanche michinoku driver

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oatgan posted:

he's wrestled his former tag partner and eternal rival Volador Jr like a thousand times and all of those are good so take your pick

Because this one just showed up in my twitter feed here's their final meeting from the dia de los muertos show a couple weeks ago which wasn't their best outing but the pageantry is really cool https://youtu.be/ZxanZysEuMQ

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

wwe owns

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Absolute cowardice

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Cyron posted:

I wonder if the croud is going to poo poo all over the woman's match? what city is survivor series is in?

I bet the crowd is relatively hot for Paige, slowly loses interest, and perks back up for the finishing sequence after the ladies do some ill-advised high spots and nearfalls. A lot of this depends on what happens on the show prior to the match

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I'm just worried that Charlotte might start shooting on Paige. She's out of control

"This isn't on my run sheet, maggle. I love it"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Ruggington posted:

knock knock

Whos there

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Ruggington posted:

knock knock

whos there

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I don't even know what started the chain of Maggle posts but those, if anything, were worse IMO

I will not apologize

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

Anonymous claims they've got ~intel~ about ISIS attacks on Sunday and that they're going to blow up Survivor Series. I hope Vince challenges them to a match or something.

here comes that john cena heel turn

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

triple h has a freakin tank whatcha gonna do now isis

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the fbi has correctly assessed that there is no threat and that anonymous has no clue what they're doing (if not trolling outright) like every time they become internet detectives in the wake of a tragedy

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

in this instance it's not really a bomb threat someone called in but rather internet saviors uncovering a vast terrorist conspiracy and notifying the proper authorities

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

OldTennisCourt posted:

Has WWE bringing up a deceased person as part of a storyline EVER worked out and not been seen as outrageously disrespectful? The only once I can think of is Paul Bearer and that's only because from everything I've heard of the guy it seems like he's be 100% okay with it.

his family was not okay with it. His son was pretty vocal about how disrespectful it was until WWE asked him to stop

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

I don't think it's ever worked in any promotion. The only thing I can think of would be like, I don't know, the Crockett Cup? But it was a memorial for a guy who died a decade prior.

there's plenty of memorial shows but using a dead guy for heat never works out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The US Title is only meaningless because nothing Del Rio is doing has anything to do with the belt and nobody cares about him.

• Locked thread