Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will leave Survivor's Series as WWE Champion?
This poll is closed.
Roman Reigns 46 20.54%
Dean Ambrose 15 6.70%
Kevin Owens 19 8.48%
Sheamus 50 22.32%
The Gobbledygooker :tastykake: 94 41.96%
Total: 224 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Biker Taker's heel run was really bad to be honest, you can sort of get away with lovely "THIS IS MY YARD" promos as a face, but being a heel who chokeslams Lita for some reason it really didn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Has WWE bringing up a deceased person as part of a storyline EVER worked out and not been seen as outrageously disrespectful? The only once I can think of is Paul Bearer and that's only because from everything I've heard of the guy it seems like he's be 100% okay with it.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

St Evan Echoes posted:

I think I hate PG Dad Joke Lawler more than I hate Attitude Era Sex Pest Lawler

Is it just me or was he way way way worse than usual with the jokes last night? He had like 3 jokes fall absolutely flat to total silence from the other two.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
SS last year was also pretty much garbage until the final match which turned out amazing and pretty much saved it along with the Sting debut.

This show just didn't have that so ended up really feeling like RAW.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Hace posted:

Who are current main eventers right now anyway?
I have:

Current:
Sheamus (lol)
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose(?)
Bray Wyatt(?????)

Part time:
Brock Lesnar
Undertaker

Out/Injured:
John Cena
Randy Orton
Daniel Bryan(RIP)
Seth Rollins

Owens? He's peeking around main event I'd say.

V----Once a dude gets the title he's a main eventer, that seems like a pretty common sense rule tbh

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Champion's so bright I gotta wear shades

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
We're all in agreement this is just a placeholder till Roman wins at Mania right?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Gonz posted:

That's the general idea, but if ratings get truly dire, then that might change.

I have to wonder what their dire "OH gently caress!" back up plan is. Cena/Taker is set for Mania so they can't slap it on him. Maybe finally listen to the fans and give it to Dean?

V-----The problem is that WWE honestly thinks they can use this angle to build up Roman as a Rock/Stone Cold against the odds badass we all cheer for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

19 year old me thought that Mr. Kennedy was going to be the next big thing when he won MITB

Wasn't that the plan, what with him turning out to be Vince's illegitimate kid, before he got Wellnessed?

• Locked thread