Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will leave Survivor's Series as WWE Champion?
This poll is closed.
Roman Reigns 46 20.54%
Dean Ambrose 15 6.70%
Kevin Owens 19 8.48%
Sheamus 50 22.32%
The Gobbledygooker :tastykake: 94 41.96%
Total: 224 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Horrible but unsurprising

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

I hope that's true because it makes all the outrage hilarious

Not really, it just means Charlotte and likely Ric knew about it. Unless you think they're the only people in the Fliehr family

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

Not true. Mike Johnson stated that the writers offered the idea to Charlotte and gave her the chance to turn it down or revise it.

This is like saying Vince offered the idea to do the rafter entrance to Owen and gave him the chance to turn it down or revise it. Take the "turn it down" option and you might as well just go quietly to the locker room and pack your bags, it's the same effect

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

wait

i've got it

more like kevin done

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Creative must get barely more sleep annually than Vince does at this point

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

loving horrible

Pathetic rear end company

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

zakharov posted:

I retract any statement I made defending the angle, that's awful and they owe an apology to the entire family.

Ric at one point on the podcast posted:

Nope, nobody called me, and nobody has called me today

That includes after one member of the family already publicly said they weren't asked. So yeah, they ain't getting an apology. And if they demand one, Ric's worst fear will likely be realized and Charlotte's career will be affected

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

Dave said the ESPN segment with Charlotte was an embarrassment in the wake of the Flair news but I didn't catch it.

It started with her talking in detail about growing up as Ric's daughter and how he always tried to show up for events and be there when she needed it to make up for being gone a lot

He couldn't be there last night and save her and that family from the poo poo Vince again put them through, but of course that wasn't on Coach's list of questions to bring up

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's hard to be mad at anybody but Vince

Charlotte was probably scared shitless, Ric didn't blame her and feared even bringing it up in a podcast would loving ruin her, and in this situation where the people involved are Charlotte/Ric/Paige/Vince, Paige is the second-most insane and probably just thought this was a trip back to the good old days her family used to tell her about

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

El Generico posted:

Well, at least we know what's winning Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic this year.

Hypothetically does having the Psycho Circus trios match happen (featuring guy who just had a stroke) count for nomination in that award

If not, yeah, it's not even gonna be close

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ed: ^^ They did it again (or something similar) a few months ago

oatgan posted:

what about promoting that match was disgusting? it was a send off for a legend there was nothing gross or immoral about it. It was just a bad match on a bad PPV

Having the guy who just had a stroke engage in any major physical activity like wrestlin, and risk death so soon after that major a scare, and doing so in front of thousands (I think the attendance was thousands) seems to me if not outright disgusting, still really wrong and bad timing. Could have at least been moved to a later event imo

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Nov 18, 2015

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

There was no way to edit around it. The boos were louder than the mic, crowd sweetening couldn't help

Nobody at the taping that sent reports could put down what she wound up saying in the promo because you just couldn't hear any of it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

BigRed0427 posted:

So...WWE still sucks?

Product, company, or total?

The product over the last few weeks has been better than it has all year before, so of course it only took 80% of important talent dying or leaving to do reality shows to pull off

The management's still comprised of poo poo humans top to bottom

Total, it's 50%, which is failure so yeah, if it's total it still sucks. If it's company, it still sucks. If it's product, it's better in most aspects than last time you watched (women are still treated like poo poo and everything the Wyatts do is still negated after a week though)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lol, knew they were bullshitting when Vin said the next one was the last one

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

dude they've already signed deals for a final trilogy with the main cast

Last I heard 2 months ago, he was saying the 9th one was the last one and this was the final trilogy they signed on for

ed: Wait, haven't there already been 8 of them? I don't even know anymore, this series was out of control by Tokyo Drift

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Who do you have him squash? Ryback got to squash a ton of people

Everybody's hurt, gone, also a face, or they want to protect. Can't squash Show, he's Too Big and needs protected. Can't squash Kane, he's face and needs protected. Can't squash Bray, he needs protected so people think he has any loving chance against both Taker and Kane. Can't squash Breeze, he needs protected because he just got brought up and if he gets hosed over now he's never getting fixed. Can't squash Owens, he's already been squashed and needs protected because you're trying to say "no he's still just as good as he was when he started". Can't squash Adam Rose, you just brought the Bunny back and besides why give him TV time against the Big Dog for that? Ditto for Maddox and Sandow.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

As despicable as it is, blaming Charlotte for it all was the most obvious immediate outcome

They haven't even loving privately apologized to the family, who honestly thought they would publicly take full responsibility

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

3 hours before showtime

No known names for the match the event's named after and which they had 2 Raws to prepare for before any injury happened

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Swan Curry posted:

Is Ziggler-Breeze fart of the main show or is it the preshow match?

quoting this so it's preserved

Ziggler-Breeze fart of the main show

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shima Honnou posted:

lol Cesaro is gonna end up like all the other indie darlings, killing himself for no reason whatsoever.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hace posted:

they have to "protect" bray

Somebody's got to be the first feud loss to Finn when he's called up

This is honestly probably the most Bray fans have to look forward to now, it's impressive levels of hosed up

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Roman is falling to the midcard

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Alteisen posted:

Yea ok nostalgia but cmon, the wyatts will be around way longer than Kane and Taker

With each loss they take, I honestly become less and less certain of this

The only place left for Bray to go is to be fed to Finn the second he's called up. Just sign the release sheet the instant that's over

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

WWE did LITERALLY everything exactly wrong in that main event. It is loving AMAZING.

They've ruined Roman forever and he's the guy they WANT.

Remember when Vince said he liked Dean on the Austin podcast

A month later was the hologram Bray cell thing, and a month after that was the exploding TV

It has always been baffling what WWE does to people they admit they like. Like, at least when people are in the doghouse, the poo poo that happens to them onscreen makes sense

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Seriously I'd have been fine, 100% fine, with face Roman finally winning and walking out champ because hey, star made, can't say he wasn't. JESUS gently caress.

This was the one option that would have made everyone mad, which is why it's the one option nobody was surprised happened

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I liked that they had a whole tournament just to tell you that Roman Reigns isn't a sellout

The tournament started with HHH handing him the loving belt and getting the reply "I'm no sellout"
For the next 1.5 weeks he said in interviews how he was no sellout
And then he won the belt by not selling out. It didn't loving matter in the end but still

Last 9 words can be said about 90% of WWE's developments this year

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

yeah butt sheamus

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So how are they going to gently caress up the Rumble this year

Because we all know it's gonna happen

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So would Cesaro have been in the preshow if he wasn't hurt

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

beggar posted:

Did they ever bring up Reigns playing on the GA Tech football team at all last night? Usually "former college athlete comes home to headline an event" warrants at least a mention

And with Sheamus... drat. They have to do something with his look, right? You Look Stupid got a reaction for him, but after years of Authority storylines talking about looking the part of a champion, you cant turn around and have him as The Face Of The WWE, right?

If he holds it past TLC it's surprising, and even then he's probably losing it right at the Rumble. Transitional champs aren't faces of the company

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So do we get Dean/Owens or Dean/Bray at TLC and the Rumble

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GrimGypsy posted:

Del Rio looks like he's in the best shape of his career and he was crisp as hell against Roman last night. I actually think I care about Del Rio now.

Just in time for Cena to come back and finish him off

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I for one think we should all just Wait and See on Bray

Wait for Finn Balor to be called up
and See Bray lose another feud immediately

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Wait for a good xenoletum post
and See nothing but poo poo

Lady Naga posted:

I've seen this posted a couple times; is there any specific reason why people thing Balor v. Bray is an eventuality, or is it just that "demon versus eater of worlds" sort of makes sense?

Basically that, yeah. Half of his feuds involve supernatural type stuff in some way and he just had his second feud with Taker, why wouldn't he be paired against a face demon

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

I don't know; there's nothing particularily spooky about Demon Finn. There hasn't even been any kind of promo about how creepy and threatening he is while wearing it in a long-rear end time.

That's why I'm thinking it'll be Finn's first feud. Like Bray's entrance, Demon Finn's will get old on the main roster in no time, might as well capitalize on the only time it'll be creepy in a feud that wasn't done in NXT and doesn't involve the usual suspects (Dolph, Show, Kane, etc)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cesaro's getting surgery today http://www.wwe.com/inside/cesaro-injured-interview :rip:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I just want anything that results in Harper getting his rad music back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgeGypFlPuU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Intruder posted:

I couldn't believe how much confetti there was

Every now and then I'd turn to my buddy and be all "They're STILL dropping confetti?"

It reminded me of that Nash clip where he can't believe they're still setting off more pyro

Welcome to Nashvember, baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

OldTennisCourt posted:

We're all in agreement this is just a placeholder till Roman wins at Mania right?

Sheamus ain't holding it that long

Rumble at the latest

• Locked thread