Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Atticus Finch posted:

If I have a daughter, I'm going backwards in time. Ursula. Bertha. Eunice. The classics.

When I worked at a school, there was a Greta and a Willa so there is some hope for the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Shadowhand00 posted:

Speaking of comments from that article. I've never seen this picture but its really kind of hilarious:

this owns

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Gonz posted:

It didn't even occur to me until a few years ago what Ajax scouring powder was referring to when it claimed it was "Stronger Than Grease".

Oh. poo poo.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Too obvious, go with Esther.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Malloreon posted:

Oh. poo poo.

wtf

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Shadowhand00 posted:

Speaking of comments from that article. I've never seen this picture but its really kind of hilarious:

Protagonist spotted.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Wait wheez really died?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Josh Lyman posted:

Wait wheez really died?

That's what Big Loko wants you to think

follow the money

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

GNU Order posted:

That's what Big Loko wants you to think

follow the money

they also said Jerry Kill's strokes weren't from alcoholic energy drinks

OH GOD GENDO

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I'm really slow sometimes about this stuff.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Parmesan Basil posted:

When I worked at a school, there was a Greta and a Willa so there is some hope for the world.

Is Willa from something? I know one who is around 30.

My wife has already vetoed Sophus for a boy. It was my grandpa's name! We weren't really close, so the veto is probably because I just think it's a funny name.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

FizFashizzle posted:

lol if you're not planning to name your kids after roman emperors

"This is my badass son Diocletian.

He'll own the playground."

I'm a page late but I just want to let you know that I appreciate this post.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

There was a man literally named Sylvanus Bowser, and he invented the gas pump.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cruel and Unusual posted:

There was literally a man named Sylvanus Bowser, and he invented the gas pump.

And his middle name was freelove top 10 name of all time

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

DrKennethNoisewater posted:

My wife has already vetoed Sophus for a boy. It was my grandpa's name! We weren't really close, so the veto is probably because I just think it's a funny name.

My grandpa's name was Narciso, as in from that rear end in a top hat you're thinking of, and apparently whenever he got drunk he bitched out his parents for naming him such.

He also once killed a hobo in a hit & run and then got home to drink away his sorrows (dude liked to drink, thanks mom for telling me!).

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Shadowhand00 posted:

calm-football.jpg.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000586374/article/nfl-examining-situation-surrounding-case-keenum

Jeff Fisher posted:

"...You can not under these circumstances place blame on anybody," Fisher said.

SKEET SKEET
Jan 2, 2010
N: Apparently Jeff Fisher "didn't see" Case Keenum struggling on the ground after he was suffered a concussion at the end of the game on Sunday. Said that he was in "game manager mode" and didn't notice. http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2015/11/23/9782026/st-louis-rams-jeff-fisher-case-keenum-concussion

V: Full of poo poo. Not sure how you could be in the zone and focusing on what's going on within the field of play and "not see" your quarterback get his head bounced like that or "not see" your quarterback take 20+ seconds to get up off the field and look like a limp noodle in the arms of his offensive lineman. Also not really sure why the officials didn't step in at that point either. Watched all of it happen live and it was all blatantly obvious as to what was happening.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Don't forget that Foles immediately began warming up.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Brannock posted:

Shoulda named him Gaston instead

No one unleashes dragons like Gaston!

Refs turning into morons near us isn't our fault. It goes the other way too :(

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Gonz posted:

Mildred, Agnes, Hortense, Josephine and Imogen are also terrible, terrible classics.
Josephine owns and I've never even heard of Hortense. Agnes is Eunice-tier.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I think if you name your daughter Bertha, you're obliged to make sure she ends up fat.

No skinny women named Bertha.
I'm naturally thin and if I marry this girl who is also naturally thin I might go ahead and tempt fate.

Brannock posted:

Farmers dislike DST
Go on.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
My wife is named Haruhi and she was just a few hundred dollars off J-list. Do what I did and you don't have to worry about genetics

SKEET SKEET
Jan 2, 2010

Brannock posted:

Don't forget that Foles immediately began warming up.

Also this. Makes it pretty hard to claim ignorance. Is Jeff Fisher a noted shitbag where I missed the memo or something?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

SKEET SKEET posted:

Also this. Makes it pretty hard to claim ignorance. Is Jeff Fisher a noted shitbag where I missed the memo or something?

He's a widely known shitbag

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Brannock posted:

Farmers dislike DST

The profession or the insurance company

SKEET SKEET
Jan 2, 2010

Ross Angeles posted:

He's a widely known shitbag

For what precisely?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/11/131101-when-does-daylight-savings-time-end-november-3-science/

http://archive.ydr.com/ci_22749641/dairy-farmers-say-daylight-savings-throws-cows-loop

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Spoeank posted:

Just look at this poo poo.

Look at it.

Not only is @CameronNewton great on the field, he's pretty good off it too. Tonight his foundation will help feed 900 kids. #ThanksgivingJam

And the weird mom that took her daughter to a panthers game and wrote an op-ed freaking out about Cam dancing:

@bomani_jones
wrote that op-ed on cam. her mentions will give you life. for example, someone left this there

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Atticus Finch posted:

Josephine owns and I've never even heard of Hortense. Agnes is Eunice-tier.

I'm not a fan of girl names that are just a few letters added to the end of a boy's name. Do you place Eunice-tier high or low? What about Enola?

SKEET SKEET posted:

For what precisely?

Tons of poo poo. First hit on google for "jeff fisher nfl rear end in a top hat" http://www.draftpartyblog.com/?p=92
Also his teams, even before he hired Greggggg "bountygate" Williams have long been cheap shotting dicks trying to injure opponents or start fights.

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Nov 24, 2015

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
To the op-ed woman's credit, she wrote a second letter and said cam wrote her a really nice letter and she understands him and likes him now.

Cam Newton: dabbin on fools and converting haters

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

effectual posted:

What about Enola?

Bonus points if you use the middle name "Gay"...just don't expect her to be very welcome in Japan.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

zimbomonkey posted:

To the op-ed woman's credit, she wrote a second letter and said cam wrote her a really nice letter and she understands him and likes him now.

Cam Newton: dabbin on fools and converting haters

What he actually sent her was a photo of his smile.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

FizFashizzle posted:

lol if you're not planning to name your kids after roman emperors

"This is my badass son Diocletian.

He'll own the playground."

I sorta want to name my kid Scipio I'm a huge nerd

Also gently caress Jeff Fisher

Magicpants posted:

Why not? It's not like you named her Dolphin Whale or anything like that

VVV More kids should be named Tokyo Sexwale

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Nov 24, 2015

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

whypick1 posted:

Bonus points if you use the middle name "Gay"...just don't expect her to be very welcome in Japan.

Why not? It's not like you named her Dolphin Whale or anything like that

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

whypick1 posted:

Or the deep south.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
There were a handful of Gretchens in my highschool class 8 years ago.

• Locked thread