Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
The remainder of the Jaguars' season is insanely soft.

TEN, SD, @TEN, IND, ATL, @NO, @HOU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Get the gently caress in.

AFC

code:
# 	AFC East 	WLT 	Div
1 	New England 	16-0 	6-0
6 	Buffalo 	10-6 	4-2
	NY Jets 	9-7 	2-4
	Miami 	        5-11 	0-6
# 	AFC North 	WLT 	Div
2 	Cincinnati 	12-4 	5-1
5 	Pittsburgh 	11-5 	3-3
	Baltimore 	5-11 	3-3
	Cleveland 	3-13 	1-5
# 	AFC South 	WLT 	Div
4 	Indianapolis 	8-8 	5-1
	Houston 	7-9 	4-2
	Jacksonville 	7-9 	3-3
	Tennessee 	2-14 	0-6
# 	AFC West 	WLT 	Div
3 	Denver 	        11-5 	5-1
	Oakland 	9-7 	3-3
	Kansas City 	8-8 	3-3
	San Diego 	5-11 	1-5
Pats will probably drop a couple games but until it happens I'm not betting against them. The Broncos have been winning games with Peyton's decrepit baby arm, if Brock is even mediocre they'll be fine. Colts somehow get to .500 and save face for the division. Steelers become the team that nobody wants to play in January. Bills hold off Jets in the Week 17 "win or go home" rematch.

NFC

code:
# 	NFC East 	WLT 	Div
4 	Philadelphia 	9-7 	3-3
	NY Giants 	7-9 	2-4
	Washington 	6-10 	3-3
	Dallas 	        5-11 	4-2
# 	NFC North 	WLT 	Div
3 	Minnesota 	11-5 	5-1
6 	Green Bay 	10-6 	4-2
	Chicago 	8-8 	1-5
	Detroit 	3-13 	2-4
# 	NFC South 	WLT 	Div
1 	Carolina 	14-2 	4-2
5 	Atlanta 	11-5 	2-4
	Tampa Bay 	7-9 	4-2
	New Orleans 	6-10 	2-4
# 	NFC West 	WLT 	Div
2 	Arizona 	12-4 	4-2
	St. Louis 	8-8 	5-1
	Seattle 	8-8 	3-3
	San Francisco 	3-13 	0-6
Predictably, the NFC East comes down to the final week. I pretty much flipped a coin on that division. gently caress it, I'm all-in on the Vikings right now. Falcons could easily stumble but right now their cushion is pretty high. Bears shock everybody by finishing .500 and TFF Bears posters freak out about draft position. There is no Week 17 wild card drama because lol Seahawks and Rams suck.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Metapod posted:

I want to live in this universe

The south's division winner's path to the Superbowl will almost certainly go through the AFCN teams. Bengals always collapse in primetime and Steeler players are going down faster than Mizzou administrators. (There's a non zero chance a Punter could play snaps at QB.) The path to the conference game is there, you just have to beat out the Jags, the Yates Texans and the Hasselbeck Colts. That conference blowout loss to the Patriots can be yours for four more (mostly divisional) wins!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
If the Bengals don't make the playoffs I will donate a testicle to charity.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

No team that lost to the Lions can be safely relied upon to reach the playoffs. Please keep that in mind.

frunksock
Feb 21, 2002

WHOOPS posted:

In the Vikings 7 remaining games, they play Green Bay x2, @Atlanta, @Arizona, New York, Seattle and Chicago. The @Arizona game is the one I have the hardest time seeing them win because of both the quality of opponent and because they'll be on the road for TNF. @GB in Week 17 will also be a challenge unless the Packers complete fall part. Otherwise, every other game is winnable for Minnesota whether or not Bridgewater gets more consistent with his passing.
You guys are all waaay too high on the Vikings. This is coming from a massive homer, BTW. You see two more loses, but I think it's more likely to be two more wins than two more loses. I was saying 9-7 or 10-6 before the season started and I stand by that. As long as they don't get swept by the Packers, I'm happy with the season. Making the playoffs would just be icing.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Febreeze posted:

Whoever wins the NFCE is toast in round one so it doesn't matter

Pretty sure people said the same thing in 2011.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

frunksock posted:

You guys are all waaay too high on the Vikings. This is coming from a massive homer, BTW. You see two more loses, but I think it's more likely to be two more wins than two more loses. I was saying 9-7 or 10-6 before the season started and I stand by that. As long as they don't get swept by the Packers, I'm happy with the season. Making the playoffs would just be icing.

Cool, care to elaborate?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I can see the nfc coming down to the giants and eagles being 8-8 with philly getting in on divisional record. And beating ny twice

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

CyberPingu posted:

I can see the nfc coming down to the giants and eagles being 8-8 with philly getting in on divisional record. And beating ny twice

Philly going one-and-done in the playoffs would definitely fit the motif of Chip Kelly's Wild Ride.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI

WHOOPS posted:

Cool, care to elaborate?

I'm thinking that he's assuming we'll lose the Atlanta, Seahawks, and possibly the home Green Bay game. I don't think that's out of the realm of possibility to be quite honest, though right now I think those games can be won if we fight hard.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Philly going one-and-done in the playoffs would definitely fit the motif of Chip Kelly's Wild Ride.

For it is written..i dunno...i think getting to the superbowl and getting crushed would be more fitting of the wild ride. The ride has to end like it started.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

GenericMartini posted:

I'm thinking that he's assuming we'll lose the Atlanta, Seahawks, and possibly the home Green Bay game. I don't think that's out of the realm of possibility to be quite honest, though right now I think those games can be won if we fight hard.

You will beat Atlanta, if they just go like, "meeeeh, I guess we'll play tonight."

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Seahawks ain't beating the Vikings on a 10 a.m. game in Minnesota in December

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Brannock posted:

The remainder of the Jaguars' season is insanely soft.

TEN, SD, @TEN, IND, ATL, @NO, @HOU

One down. Jags are 4-6 with a very real chance of being 7-6 going into Atlanta. Think it's likely?

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
NFC:
1. Panthers
2. Packers
3. Cardinals
4. Giants
5. Vikings
6. Seahawks

AFC:
1. Patriots
2. Bengals
3. Broncos
4. Colts
5. Steelers
6. Raiders

As bad as the Packers have looked the last 3 weeks, I still think they are going to win their division.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
At the risk of going lostseason.txt, I don't know how anyone can reasonably project the Seahawks in the playoffs at this point. After this week's Niners game we've got PIT and @MIN and a real chance of being 5-7, needing to win out just for the hopes of stealing a wild card spot. If the Packers are still in that wild card mix then we already lost the tiebreaker game. We close out the season with STL and @ARI and I have no faith in either game.

It's a really, really long shot.

Piggles
Oct 10, 2006

Wilson with the Hail Mary to Tate!
NFC:
1. Panthers 15-1
2. Cardinals 12-4
3. Vikings 12-4
4. Giants 9-7
5. Green Bay 11-5
6. Seahawks 9-7

I feel like I didn't homer it too hard. Just missing the playoffs i have Bears at 9-7, Atlanta at 9-7, Eagles 8-8, Rams 8-8, Cowboys 8-8
I might be underrating Atlanta but they look quite mediocre especially recently. Also I probably overrated Cowboys in these predictions because they end up at 8-8 as well. But I want the Romo Cinderella ALMOST MADE IT Story.

AFC:
1. Patriots 16-0
2. Bengals 13-3
3. Broncos 11-5
4. Colts 7-9
5. Steelers 10-6
6. Raiders 9-7

Let's go the Raiders bitch. I don't know why many of you are undervaluing Broncos so highly, even if Osweiler is a bad QB it's marked improvement over Manning and that manning team went 7-0. Just missing the playoffs are Jets at 9-7, Bills at 8-8, and Houston at 7-9 (lol).

AFC East and West were quite back and forth throughout the projections and honestly anyone of them can get it. Here's how their seasons end up:
Patriots 16-0
Jets 9-7
Bills 8-8
Dolphins 5-11

Broncos 11-5
Raiders 9-7
Chiefs 7-9
Chargers 5-11

Benne posted:

At the risk of going lostseason.txt, I don't know how anyone can reasonably project the Seahawks in the playoffs at this point. After this week's Niners game we've got PIT and @MIN and a real chance of being 5-7, needing to win out just for the hopes of stealing a wild card spot. If the Packers are still in that wild card mix then we already lost the tiebreaker game. We close out the season with STL and @ARI and I have no faith in either game.

It's a really, really long shot.

Yeah it's a long shot but Seattle has played close every game.

I have Seattle losing to both MIN and ARI but still making the playoffs by winning out the rest and some help from a bad Atlanta.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Maybe it's a fever dream, but I could have sworn somebody had the Jags winning out the rest of the year. I'd be surprised for another 3 wins.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

TSBX posted:

Maybe it's a fever dream, but I could have sworn somebody had the Jags winning out the rest of the year. I'd be surprised for another 3 wins.

Let's see:

Chargers
@Titans
Colts
Falcons
@Saints
@Texans

I think Chargers and Saints are perfectly doable, maybe Texans too. You're kinda right though that Colts and Falcons might be an issue and I think the Titans will want revenge. So maybe 3-4 wins left.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Barnwell just posted an article taking a quick look at ten of the teams that are in position to make a Panthers-esque run like last year (who were 3-8-1 at this point last year) http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14175748/ten-teams-crash-nfl-playoffs-nfl

The Jags section:

quote:

The Jags might not deserve to be 4-6, given that they blew a 27-3 lead against the Bills before coming back, needed a miraculous face mask penalty and a blown false start call to beat the Ravens, and outlasted the Titans on Thursday night in the ugly game you stopped watching when Clippers-Warriors began. The six-point win over Tennessee was Jacksonville's first win by more than a field goal all season. This isn't a good football team by anyone's definition of the word.

But the best teams aren't necessarily the ones who make it to the playoffs, and Jacksonville has a very reasonable path toward the postseason. Those wins are already banked. Their division is eminently winnable, with the Colts a half-game ahead in first place. And, heading into this week, the Jaguars were set to face the easiest schedule in football over the remainder of the season, with four games against the AFC South to go with matchups against the Chargers, Saints and Falcons.

If there were ever a team that might get better as the season goes along, it's Jacksonville, which features one of the youngest offenses in league history and a defense full of veteran free agents who are just getting comfortable in Gus Bradley's scheme.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
As much as I'd like the Jags to win their division it would be ashame, because then Gus Bradley probably wouldn't be fired.

He should be.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
The Jaguars are good! I like them! Go Jags!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

NC-17 posted:

As much as I'd like the Jags to win their division it would be ashame, because then Gus Bradley probably wouldn't be fired.

He should be.

How dare you sully the good name of Gustopher P Bradleyton!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Kalli posted:

Barnwell just posted an article taking a quick look at ten of the teams that are in position to make a Panthers-esque run like last year (who were 3-8-1 at this point last year) http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14175748/ten-teams-crash-nfl-playoffs-nfl

The Jags section:

The Eagles didn't make the cut.

This means 1 of 2 things.

1. The Eagles aren't considered bad enough to be compared to last year's 3-8-1 Panthers. The existence of Week 11 Starting QB Mark Sanchez makes me think that's not the case.

OR

2. The Eagles are horrible and have no shot of making the playoffs.

:smith:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Up-to-Date preMNF

http://raylehnhoff.github.io/nflschedulepicker/?a=-WapWqmmlmamVppZmllqWqlqZVmqZVamWpaqapZaqaqmWllZVlmVmaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA_

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Panthers remaining schedule

@Dallas
@New Orleans
Atlanta
@New York Giants
@Atlanta
Tampa

My anxiety levels are already peaking for the Dallas game. The New York game is the only real test on paper following it but that's not a bad run to the playoffs. Could be a lot worse at least. Going 16-0 is drat near impossible and the Panthers are almost certain to lose one of the divisional games on some "win one for pride" or "spoil their season" bullshit but I don't whether I want them to go 16-0. It'd be cool as hell but I'd be having kittens every playoff game.

Last year I knew we'd either get shredded by Seattle or Green bay, but this year I actually think the team could do it and after being disappointed so many times I feel like the fall is going to hurt all the more.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

axeil posted:

The Eagles didn't make the cut.

This means 1 of 2 things.

1. The Eagles aren't considered bad enough to be compared to last year's 3-8-1 Panthers. The existence of Week 11 Starting QB Mark Sanchez makes me think that's not the case.

OR

2. The Eagles are horrible and have no shot of making the playoffs.

:smith:

It's number 2 and its so so obvious why

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

BlindSite posted:

@Dallas
@New Orleans
Atlanta
@New York Giants
@Atlanta
Tampa

My anxiety levels are already peaking for the Dallas game. The New York game is the only real test on paper following it but that's not a bad run to the playoffs. Could be a lot worse at least. Going 16-0 is drat near impossible and the Panthers are almost certain to lose one of the divisional games on some "win one for pride" or "spoil their season" bullshit but I don't whether I want them to go 16-0. It'd be cool as hell but I'd be having kittens every playoff game.

Last year I knew we'd either get shredded by Seattle or Green bay, but this year I actually think the team could do it and after being disappointed so many times I feel like the fall is going to hurt all the more.

At this point, I think a Carolina 16-0 is more likely than the Pats.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

The Pittsburgh Steelers are going to win the AFC north and I wish the Ravens could be right there with them

YMB
Nov 8, 2009

in an unceremonious way
Hello, please enjoy this 11-way tie for the 6th seed in the NFC that the Giants somehow end up winning.

http://chibears85.github.io/nflschedulepicker/?a=-WapWqmmlmamVppZmllqWqlqZVmqZVamWpaqapZaqaqmWllZVlmVmaqVlllmplmqlappmlmmWVamaqlVmqVVllC_

YMB fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Nov 25, 2015

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

YMB posted:

Hello, please enjoy this 11-way tie for the 6th seed in the NFC that the Giants somehow end up winning.

http://chibears85.github.io/nflschedulepicker/?a=-WapWqmmlmamVppZmllqWqlqZVmqZVamWpaqapZaqaqmWllZVlmVmaqVlllmplmqlappmlmmWVamaqlVmqVVllC_

List invalid you have the Eagles going to the playoffs.

Still hilarious though.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

BlindSite posted:

@Dallas
@New Orleans
Atlanta
@New York Giants
@Atlanta
Tampa

This is exactly how I'm feeling right now. I don't really expect them to run the table, but I feel like that first loss is going to be like getting stabbed in the soul. I think I've kinda bought into the "they haven't beaten anybody, really" hype. :ohdear:

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

BrownThunder posted:

The Pittsburgh Steelers are going to win the AFC north and I wish the Ravens could be right there with them

nah

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
ESPN Playoff simulator is now live

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Beautiful

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

I want to live in this world

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
10-0? Phhht. What have you done for me lately?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I tried my hardest to get every garbage team into the playoffs, but teams like the Niners and the Browns are just too far gone already.

Still, 1st seed Saints.

• Locked thread