Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
I've come to enjoy Goons Complain About A Thing threads because they teach you that everything and everyone is bullshit and this is a valuable lesson to keep in mind at all times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funk In Shoe
Apr 20, 2008

Waiting in line, Mr. Haydon told me it is a wheel not meant for lovers but for infants, lifting people and letting them swing, putting the world on display from up high

Fargo Fukes posted:

I've come to enjoy Goons Complain About A Thing threads because they teach you that everything and everyone is bullshit and this is a valuable lesson to keep in mind at all times.

Those threads are actually bad

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Funk In Shoe posted:

Randall Munroe is a pretty smart person. He seems more self-aware than most people I meet and he is obviously quite a well trained engineer. He has my respect.

Wikipedia posted:

after leaving NASA, he became a professional webcomic artist.

lol

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

Funk In Shoe posted:

Those threads are actually bad

Start a thread about it.

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

I like xkcd so I guess idgaf what goons think

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
After Bigger Than Cheeses ended I have no more love for webcomics. That guy had amazing loss.jpg edits.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

I can draw the math man

stump collector
May 28, 2007
MEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

lol his art quality matches the whole passive aggressive post-it note in the lunchroom aesthetic he's got going on here

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
What's his forums account name?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Haier posted:

enfield (:rip:)

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I'm not embarrassed of reading a mediocre webcomic.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

wait, is an kxdc fan actually boasting about having a liberal arts education? why didn't he burst into flames?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Dely Apple posted:

Behead those who insult Kate Beaton

I think some of the snippy retards on reddit like this Kate Beaton person, therefore I will not like her.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Maoist Pussy posted:

I think some of the snippy retards on reddit like this Kate Beaton person, therefore I will not like her.

remember the time she was a goon for like a day but quit the site when everybody (in lf i think) got way too creepy?

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

exethan posted:

lol jesus christ

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

social vegan posted:

lol his art quality matches the whole passive aggressive post-it note in the lunchroom aesthetic he's got going on here

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Dely Apple posted:

Behead those who insult Kate Beaton

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Horniest Manticore posted:

remember the time she was a goon for like a day but quit the site when everybody (in lf i think) got way too creepy?

this is why LF needs to stay dead forever

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

so this autistic web celeb was born about 10 minutes from where i live. great.

e:

Wikipedia posted:

Munroe enjoys kite photography, in which cameras are attached to kites and pictures are then taken of the ground or buildings.

jesus christ

symbolic fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Nov 18, 2015

gagelion is back
Nov 12, 2015

by zen death robot

exethan posted:

did the author literally position himself in that way while talking to a girl (or doing anything for that matter, jesus christ)because l. o. l.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

lol at that kite photography thing just lay in the grass pretend ur the camera flying freely to spy on megan

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

hey megan i love you and you should know u mean a lot to me that's why i need it to HURT to live without me anyways if u thought this was about u it wasn't!

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

hypothenuse bazinga!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

social vegan posted:

hypothenuse bazinga!
stupid dog, you made me look bad

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

exethan posted:

Ho boy

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

this is why LF needs to stay dead forever

LF will never die until its horcrux is destroyed

: img of that guy from Harry Potter labelled D&D and he turns around and Voldemort is on the back of his head labelled LF :

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

lol

Haier posted:

he has an account here, but i don't think that he's posted in years. if the archives worked you could check his username from the old bss webcomics threads

also lol at his nasa career, he was a trainee for a few months but wasn't good enough to get a permanent job

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

ashgromnies posted:

i can't believe how confused you are by a very simple comic

Just following webcomic thread tradition my man

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

how me a frog posted:

I can draw the math man

you forgot the wedding ring and the ballsack

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

MY GIRLFRIEND met kate beaton on sunday, apparently she's quite sardonic or maybe kate beaton just hated her

apparently still nice just fairly cynical!

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Maoist Pussy posted:

LF will never die until its horcrux is destroyed

: img of that guy from Harry Potter labelled D&D and he turns around and Voldemort is on the back of his head labelled LF :

lol

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

If I saw someone sign their name like that I would automatically know that they're insufferable and possibly not hirable.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

RedHotKick posted:

MY GIRLFRIEND met kate beaton on sunday, apparently she's quite sardonic or maybe kate beaton just hated her

apparently still nice just fairly cynical!

maybe your girlfriend isn't a very nice person

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

To be fair he made a lot of his worse comics early on, it's been 10 years, people change and have bad opinions corrected. Maybe he was a creepy gross nerd with terrible views on relationships and women at one point but he's grown out of it now? I don't know, I only ever see the "best" comics posted by nerd friends on facebook or on some nerd's office wall. Does he still have a very obvious chip on his shoulder about fee-males?

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Wait poo poo when I play board games where you have a collection of pieces to play on the board (mans, trains, whatever) I like to make little towers of the remaining pieces should I be worried

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Baronjutter posted:

To be fair he made a lot of his worse comics early on, it's been 10 years, people change and have bad opinions corrected. Maybe he was a creepy gross nerd with terrible views on relationships and women at one point but he's grown out of it now? I don't know, I only ever see the "best" comics posted by nerd friends on facebook or on some nerd's office wall. Does he still have a very obvious chip on his shoulder about fee-males?

Well, that's the thing, alot of those guys 'grow' from "chip on shoulder about females" into "chip on shoulder about guy I used to be".

stefania_r
Sep 2, 2011
Does anyone else remember that one p. funny webcomic starring various rare animals? The main character was some kind of weird (maybe australian?) rodent. Anyhoo it had a hilarious parody of this infamous xkcd strip:

Does it ring any bells?
ps No its not that clementine possum comic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

exethan posted:

Wait are there people who actually think that this isn't a joke? It's basically an SNL sketch about a best man's speech. Isn't it?

• Locked thread