Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gagelion is back
Nov 12, 2015

by zen death robot
You invite him in for coffee. During the course of conversation, he mentions that he considers himself 'economically informed.'

Curious, you press him further.

'Elaborate?'

'Well, libertarians believe that morality describes the way we wish the world worked - and economics describes the way it does work,' he says, leaning back into his chair with a satisfied smirk.

What's your reaction?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Hail Satan

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

>inventory

ASSASSINS!
Jan 2, 2009
i'd suck his dick

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
>release bowels

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I would say I don't see the connection between economics and morality, please elaborate while I pack this bowl.

Also economics is based on rational actors acting rationally which we have discovered is a faulty basis and thus throws a lot of poo poo into disarray.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
> cast enlarge satan

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Ask him if he likes games. Do not engage on any political or religious topics.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
i would stab him. as he lay dying on the floor, he would realize that the foundation for the economic view of the world - that of the "rational actor" - was inherently flawed.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Lol if you think im letting some rando into my apartment.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
I would say to Please take off your fedora when you are in doors op

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
I'd ask him about his bitcoin rig

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i would stand my ground

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

say "that's really interesting" and change the subject to something that won't lead to a shouting match

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
What a fool, the One True Libertarian Doctrine dictates that economic reality is moral reality

Timocracy is the only way

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Ask him about Rand Paul and the polls.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

I'd forgive him for his flaws and perhaps form a mutually fulfilling friendship with him, if our interests and personalities meshed well.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
I throw my tea in granny's face

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

agree with him and ask him to please pay for the coffee

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

What's the Sexual Market Value (SMV) of one cup of coffee?

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

id say "you don't have kids do you" knowingly

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i MIGHT poz his neg rear end

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
> roll initiative

Aug 4, 2010

gagelion is back posted:

You invite him in for coffee.

Sorry you lost me, i wouldnt do this

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
giggle, "I don't get involved in these things, do you want a biscuit?" then ask about all the neighbors, find out who doesn't decorate at christmas, whose kids sneak out etc. .

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
http://katieorjenny.tumblr.com/

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
Ask him where the best place to house underpaid foreign workers is.

Bring up Dubai and lightly suggest how inefficient and costly their desert slave camps are.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
i'd probably splash hot coffee in his face and ask him to leave op that the only realistic response

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Beat him to death with my copy of Capital in the 21st century that I have never read nor will understand yet I pretend to.

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009
I'm getting ready to move to a new apartment IRL. If this happens I will report back with how i reacted.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

well obviously i'd tell him that as a stalinist i fully agree and firmly believe that the laboring classes should act in their economic self-interest unimpeded by petty bourgeois morality

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

we'd get along swimmingly i'm sure

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

Id draw my katana with a sigh

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
>Agree to disagree. Act like an adult and don't make a big deal about it.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
"hmmmm yes, are you into butt stuff"

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

gagelion is back posted:

You invite him in for coffee. During the course of conversation, he mentions that he considers himself 'economically informed.'

Curious, you press him further.

'Elaborate?'

'Well, libertarians believe that morality describes the way we wish the world worked - and economics describes the way it does work,' he says, leaning back into his chair with a satisfied smirk.

What's your reaction?

"Economics presupposes that all consumers are perfectly informed and act rationally. Microsoft named the third Xbox the Xbox One. Checkmate, libtard."

(By "libtard" I mean "libertarian tard" not "liberal tard" as it's normally used.)

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Oh yes, I too read GBS

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

say "that's really interesting" and change the subject to something that won't lead to a shouting match

this. also, if his hair is long and somewhat wet looking, assume hes a virgin.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Microwaves Mom posted:

Lol if you think im letting some rando into my apartment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Avocados posted:

this. also, if his hair is long and somewhat wet looking, assume hes a virgin.

• Locked thread