Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Mage_Boy posted:

:siren: Perron! Goals already!

nice to see DP get rewarded he's been one of the few guys consistently busting rear end this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

sedative posted:

Please don't fire Tocchet. He might go back to doing Flyers pre and post game shows.

I'm actually not sure what Tocchet does. He was allegedly brought in to coach the powerplay but all the pictures I ever see from practice have Johnston running that.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
wow no idea how coyle missed that

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

Notwithstanding that Clendening sitting in the penalty box hurts the team less than Scuderi being on the ice does

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Beau! :siren: :siren:

Good powerplay?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

Does Crosby get fined $500 every time he shoots?

In fairness Kessel should have buried that

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

No seriously I want to back up and address that for a moment because this is exactly what I and others have justly been bitching about for a couple years now. Crosby had a very clean look at the net with the goalie out of position, and he opted not to shoot. He opted instead to make a super fancy pass. He's been in the league ten loving years, most of them spent playing with Chris Kunitz, and he STILL doesn't get that, yes, Sid, you are capable of making brilliant passes no one else can make BUT YOUR TEAMMATES USUALLY CAN'T HANDLE THEM AND YOU ARE ONE OF THE BEST SHOOTERS IN THE GODDAMN WORLD.

I don't mind that particular one though because the lane was actually there.

What pisses me off is when Sid makes that pass and it's not there because there's a ton of sticks/players.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

It is definitely true that in that case he had a better passing lane than the usual no-hopers he tries.

But the fact still remains that if Sidney Crosby has the puck on his stick and a look at the net he should ALWAYS shoot the puck. He is the best passer in the world but passing it means two things have to go right instead of just one to result in a goal. It's not like Crosby is a bad shooter!

And the other problem is that other teams watch film. They especially watch film of every single minute of every single Crosby shift. Opponents KNOW that he plays for style points instead of for goals and play accordingly, which is why the passes he's constantly trying to make usually aren't there.

I think in general he just needs to go harder like he is doing tonight. He's not Patrick Kane or Joe Thornton. Sid's game is not slowing the play down. He needs to go hard, drive the net, and hold onto the puck like he's doing tonight. When he does that he opens up space for his linemates. When he plays a perimeter game he sucks because he's not built for it.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Krime posted:

Of all the people I want to have a monster night, I hope it's Clendenning.

I hope he scores 5 goals and has 10 assists, just so there's no way Scuderi comes back.

They'd just scratch Dumoulin

VV

Great minds think alike

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
lol Letang went down like he was shot

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

Since the Penguins broadcasters never shut up about Scuderi I would actually really enjoy seeing a Scuderi Cam that just follows him every second of every shift for maximum hockey entertainment

And now you can see Scuderi ordering the pop corn and....oh drat he just fell into the vendor

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Sid just cant buy one

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
lmao Malkin tired of that

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I don't know, I think Minnesota has somewhat of a case. But I certainly hope it stays

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

yeah i mean obviously hornqvist was up in dubi's grill. i guess what'st he statute of limitations though until youre no longer preventing the goalie from making a save? contrary to what the announcers are saying, i don't think that dubi rolled left because of hornqvist, it's because he was already back bitching at the ref and then realized he had to get back in the play. it's like a solid 2 seconds between when hornqvist possibly interferes and when malkin shoots. IMO should be a good goal

well we're certainly allowed to overturn goals where a guy was off sides five minutes ago so who knows

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
good lord that looked bad

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Am I crazy or did the Wild open that door right as Olli was getting hit (late)?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
what a loving cheap shot

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
speaking of things that need to be reviewable. that should be a 5 minute pp

e: jk i hate review

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
oh my god that was sick

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

It doesn't happen very often but occasionally Evgeni Malkin enters Destructobot Mode and he can't be stopped. He's the loving Terminator. He wants to kill you more than you want to stay alive. The only time I've seen him keep it engaged longer than like 2 games though is when he singlehandedly destroyed the Carolina Hurricanes, who still have yet to recover 6 years later.

I think that's why he's always been more popular with Pens fans than Crosby, it's because when he hits that level he reminds them of Mario.

Malkin is in "gently caress you you're not firing my coach" mode. He did the same poo poo for Therrien.

Geno got da heart

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
drat that was a rocket of a shot

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'm beginning to understand why St. Louis never played Ian Cole

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Malkin is just sick

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Yeah I'm starting to think Letang was carrying that pair more than he is a good defenseman.

Well Cole was actually super solid last season down the stretch when Letang was hurt. But man this season he's so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Krime posted:

Crosby sure stepped it up tonight... for 5 minutes.

I hope 40 point Sidney Crosby isn't what we're going to see from now on because wow

• Locked thread