Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
oh boy! how will the Penguins poo poo all over themselves tonight? :munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

:siren: :siren: LET THE TURTLING BEGIN :siren: :siren:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Vincent Van Goat posted:

Clendening plays and Penguins score 2 minutes in. I refuse to believe these to events aren't related.

I like Clendening but it's more about Scuderi not playing

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

oh god for a second there I thought the penalty was on Clendening and was like "welp see you in February Adam :sigh:"

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

why are the Penguins so retarded about entering the zone on the PP why??

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Hopefully this benching is partially in response to his bitching about Malkin actually speaking his mind.
I hate how entitled he is just because he's old.

he's injured dontchaknow

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

HOLY poo poo PENGUINS WHAT IN THE gently caress ARE YOU DOING

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

LOL at the graphic on the Minnesota broadcast: Penguin's PP the last four years, 2nd, 1st, 10th, 30th. Gee, I wonder when the coaching change happened??

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

At what point does every Penguins opponent decide "you know what, gently caress it, it's actually easier to score against their PP than even strength so let's just goon it the gently caress up for 60 minutes"? Because I feel like this is actually a viable strategy and it's going to get a bunch of Penguins injured.

At the very least once you have a lead on the Pens playing the rest of the game on the PK is the surest ticket to victory.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Kris Letang Watch: Not good so far :ohdear:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Top Hats Monthly posted:

i'm the only minnesota fan here

im scared guys

no sweat man, most of PAS is rooting for Minnesota too

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Serisothikos posted:

I like the Wild's thirds and you no longer employ Matt Cooke so we can be pals, go Wild

hahaha just a minute ago I saw #24 and I was like "noooo be careful Sprongie!" and then I remembered Cooke is gone.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

jesus this is the best i've seent he pens look all year

Their best game all year was the Ottawa game. Guess what that game and this game have in common.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

It is like Minnesota's strategy to fall on their rear end every time a Penguin gets near them to try to dupe the ref into calling tripping? Because a lot of Minnesota dudes are falling on their rear end.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

ehhhhh I feel like that's a shot MAF should stop honestly

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I always try to find something bad to say about the Pens but they didn't gently caress anything up major there, Minnesota just outworked them and made a good play and MAF had a bad angle.

Pens overpursued the puck like they always do but meh, can't get too worked up about it this time.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Yep :sigh: Scuderi will be back and we'll see Clendening next in February

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Notwithstanding that Clendening sitting in the penalty box hurts the team less than Scuderi being on the ice does

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

What the holy hell was that Sid???

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Does Crosby get fined $500 every time he shoots?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

:swoon: MALKIN TO BENNETT :swoon:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

...but it saves Tocchet's job for another day.

:negative:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

In fairness Kessel should have buried that

So should Crosby

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

In fairness Kessel should have buried that

No seriously I want to back up and address that for a moment because this is exactly what I and others have justly been bitching about for a couple years now. Crosby had a very clean look at the net with the goalie out of position, and he opted not to shoot. He opted instead to make a super fancy pass. He's been in the league ten loving years, most of them spent playing with Chris Kunitz, and he STILL doesn't get that, yes, Sid, you are capable of making brilliant passes no one else can make BUT YOUR TEAMMATES USUALLY CAN'T HANDLE THEM AND YOU ARE ONE OF THE BEST SHOOTERS IN THE GODDAMN WORLD.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I'm not sure what Koivu thought the upside of holding his stick under Fehr's legs was going to be there

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

I don't mind that particular one though because the lane was actually there.

What pisses me off is when Sid makes that pass and it's not there because there's a ton of sticks/players.

It is definitely true that in that case he had a better passing lane than the usual no-hopers he tries.

But the fact still remains that if Sidney Crosby has the puck on his stick and a look at the net he should ALWAYS shoot the puck. He is the best passer in the world but passing it means two things have to go right instead of just one to result in a goal. It's not like Crosby is a bad shooter!

And the other problem is that other teams watch film. They especially watch film of every single minute of every single Crosby shift. Opponents KNOW that he plays for style points instead of for goals and play accordingly, which is why the passes he's constantly trying to make usually aren't there.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

I think in general he just needs to go harder like he is doing tonight. He's not Patrick Kane or Joe Thornton. Sid's game is not slowing the play down. He needs to go hard, drive the net, and hold onto the puck like he's doing tonight. When he does that he opens up space for his linemates. When he plays a perimeter game he sucks because he's not built for it.

Yeah but who would be stupid enough to put Crosby in a system that puts him on the perimeter 90% of the time? :v:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Did the league office circulate orders to the refs to call more penalties or something? Seems like every game tonight is a PPfest.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

GODDAMMIT THE PENGUINS FAILED ON ANOTHER POWER PLAY that lasted 3 seconds

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Krime posted:

Of all the people I want to have a monster night, I hope it's Clendenning.

I hope he scores 5 goals and has 10 assists, just so there's no way Scuderi comes back.

They'd just scratch Dumoulin.

e: gently caress YOU GR :mad:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

It's really really sad that two Pens fans instantly responded "they'd just scratch Dumoulin" and we are almost certainly right

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Since the Penguins broadcasters never shut up about Scuderi I would actually really enjoy seeing a Scuderi Cam that just follows him every second of every shift for maximum hockey entertainment

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Also I just want to be clear about this because we all need to be mentally preparing ourselves for this: you guys all know that Rob Scuderi is going to be the Pens coach within 3 years and possibly as soon as next year, right?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Nice play by Koivu with the "accidentally" knocking the net off there

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Hahahahahaha Evgeni Malkin is all like "gently caress this poo poo"

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Oh come on, Brown fell backward and knocked Hornqvist into Dubnyk

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

this is gonna get called back and it's going to be such bullshit

Doesn't matter, Geno is locked in and there will be no stopping him

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Mage_Boy posted:

This is going to get called back and I'm going to say gently caress the challenge aren't I?

Yep

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Olli that was a good jab at Letang, good technique, now please kindly unleash that on Scuderi next game, thanks in advance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Long review = refs know they're going to overturn, are working up the courage to tell the crowd

• Locked thread