Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

DenizenKane posted:

You generally leave them in there because they require constant maintenance due to their terrible (American) engineering.

A weight bench is another acceptable item in a man cave (not a lovely bowflex or whatever).

Real men have outside weight sets, no ones indoor weights have ever been used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
I prefer the more gender neutral an inclusive "myncave"

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

FreudianSlippers posted:

Asia gets it. They've got like 90% of the worlds population just in the eastern edge of the continent while the rest of us schlubs are spread out over the rest of the planet like the decadent barbarians we are.

just look at india, population 1,2 billion people talk about efficient!!

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

FreudianSlippers posted:

America is way to big and uses its space badly with space. I mean America is huge but only has about : 300 million people while Europe is only slightly larger than a stamp and has 700+ million. Really America shouldn't ever have expanded west because you could easily fit the entire population in the area of the old 13 colonies.

Nice suburban homes are wasteful and tacky.

But then who would have killed all the indians? The spanish really left that job half finished.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
my man cave has a fire and some loin cloths and the walls are decorated with paintings of animals I have seen

I am a neanderthal

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Just try telling me that using the river to wash yourself and your clothes as you drink from and also use to throw all your garbage and industrial waste into that also happens to be a sacred river that bodies are laid to rest in and is a giant toilet. That's peak efficiency.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

FreudianSlippers posted:

Just try telling me that using the river to wash yourself and your clothes as you drink from and also use to throw all your garbage and industrial waste into that also happens to be a sacred river that bodies are laid to rest in and is a giant toilet. That's peak efficiency.

its good because you can get all the nutrients from the poo and corpses

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Harrower posted:

But then who would have killed all the indians? The spanish really left that job half finished.

Thats the beauty of it. The spanish got that poo poo figured out. You don't kill em, you gently caress em and make good looking halfbreed kids with them.

Also my mancave is a literal bear cave, whose bear I have tamed and will be using once the imminent end of the world comes around because of global warming and/or nuclear warfare brought on by the cracker vs muslim rivalry.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
I tried to have a man-office but my wife moved her desk on in so I have a man-desk, I guess. I'm pretty good at knowing when she turns around so I can look like I'm working.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

RideTheSpiral posted:

my man cave has a fire and some loin cloths and the walls are decorated with paintings of animals I have seen

I am a neanderthal

Neandertals didn't make art dumbass.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

KiteAuraan posted:

Neandertals didn't make art dumbass.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-28967746

consider yourself pwned

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Not conclusive and from a time and region where it very well could be non-Neandertal. :smug:

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
I have a mancave I spend a lot of time inside

It's what I call my wife's vagina

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Makes you wonder why any of these people got married in the first place, since they can't even decorate the house without a passive aggressive slugging match

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
i want you all balls deep in my mancave

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

A misanthrope posted:

i want you all balls deep in my mancave

*opens doors and puts balls inside*

Now what?

The Bible
May 8, 2010

My wife won't let me have a mancave

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

RideTheSpiral posted:

*opens doors and puts balls inside*

Now what?

now we play 1988's Ice Hockey on nintendo!!!

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

The Bible posted:

My wife won't let me have a mancave

:sever:

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

A misanthrope posted:

nice

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

A misanthrope posted:

a good man cave activity imo

praxis
Aug 1, 2003

Have a study, not a mancave. Mancaves are for guys who never grew the gently caress up or figured out what was actually important enough to care about. If you have a leather recliner dolled up in your favorite teams colors your wife and kids are ashamed of you.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Orkin Mang posted:

mancaves are for pussy whiped gentlemen who grease baking trays while their wives make gingerbread men which hes not alowed to eat because shes put him on a diet

My wife has never put me on a diet, I had to put myself on a diet because I blinked and and all of a sudden I was 44 years old and 30 pounds overweight. Dieting sucks but so does being a fat piece of poo poo.

Anyway, nice mancaves and LOL for those of you who think allowing your woman to be happy in a home she gets to decorate is a huge sacrifice. Personally, I like my basement. It is a perfect place just for me and my male offspring, and I am allowed total authority over any and all decorating of said room. If I wanted to be in charge of decorating an entire house I would have been homosexual.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

praxis posted:

Have a study, not a mancave. Mancaves are for guys who never grew the gently caress up or figured out what was actually important enough to care about. If you have a leather recliner dolled up in your favorite teams colors your wife and kids are ashamed of you.

ummm where do i put my collection of miniature liquor bottles??! in a study?? haha gay

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Workshops is cool, mancaves much less so.

I live on the 7th floor and like woodworking. Sometimes I play the saw. I pretend that I'm a carpenter ghost.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

a small dark crawlspace a cool billiard themed lamp on a table fashioned from an old basketball hoops backboard, the walls and floor liberally lined w a thick coat of my cummies the scent alone would drive away any women cuz they just don't get it guys

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Applewhite posted:

I feel bad for this guy's wife, because she's married to a man with a very small penis.

This has to be a gun museum

Also the guitar one looks more like a lovely living room.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Drunkboxer posted:

This has to be a gun museum

Also the guitar one looks more like a lovely living room.

The mancave can be any room, though it's usually a room that can be bypassed during a walking tour of the house.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I think they're OK until ya start actually decorating the place or repeatedly calling it "the mancave"

don't be a wiener just throw a bunch of old furniture in there

also The Mancave sounds like a pretty good name for a gay bar

it is full of buff yet hairy men

you know what you're getting when you enter The Mancave

i hope no one has made this joke already; if so i apologize in advance

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

praxis posted:

Checks out. Only guy I ever knew who had a mancave was an immature dickhead who got pissed off when the Seahawks lost and drank like a fish.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Listen, a friend of mine doesn't have a mancave, but he does have a Batcave.

Basically, it's a room with an old TV, a Wii, a recliner, shelves full of Legos, and a Batman poster on the wall.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

A misanthrope posted:

Heh, check it out. I made an all fat guy team.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Red posted:

Basically, it's a room with an old TV, a Wii, a recliner, shelves full of Legos, and a Batman poster on the wall.

Wreck everything and spray paint "Ha Ha Ha" all over the poster and the walls.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

RideTheSpiral posted:

ummm where do i put my collection of miniature liquor bottles??! in a study?? haha gay

the study is where you invite over your male friends to drink whiskey and smoke cigars while discussing the intricate world of business or higher education whhere women are not allowed

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Red posted:

I, too have a "batcave" of sorts, in the sense that bats have come to nest in our guest room.

Also:

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Wreck everything and spray paint "Ha Ha Ha" all over the poster and the walls.

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
When you have as much body hair as me, its called a bearcave OP.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Ahundredbux posted:

the study is where you invite over your male friends to drink whiskey and smoke cigars while discussing the intricate world of business or higher education whhere women are not allowed

*tips fedora*

*winks at camera*

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Germstore posted:

My man cave is my rear end where other men put their dicks. What could be manlier?

amen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

wiffle ball bat posted:

youll understand when ur older op

Understand that you won't get laid again unless you let a woman run your life outside of the 9 to 5

• Locked thread