Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Honestly, I'd love a DLC that, instead of using the safes, will give you mega-DLC character masks, a few cool new guns, and mega-gun skins. Downside to the mega-gun skins would be no stat boosts whatsoever, or EXP boosts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

True story: After I play CSGO for a week I guaranteed will try and hit 3 to switch to knife and run faster on a "let's stealth it!" heist.

I do agree the "I paid the same as this guy and got a shittier thing" is a legitimate complaint but the idea that Overkill overpromised and underdelivered on an optional dumb DLC purchase isn't anything new or to be upset about.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

True story: After I play CSGO for a week I guaranteed will try and hit 3 to switch to knife and run faster on a "let's stealth it!" heist.

I do agree the "I paid the same as this guy and got a shittier thing" is a legitimate complaint but the idea that Overkill overpromised and underdelivered on an optional dumb DLC purchase isn't anything new or to be upset about.

Bring shurikens to stealth missions and this works fine. :colbert:

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

BillmasterCozb posted:

desirable: adjective: Getting any skin for any gun that is not a Clarion. Example: "It is desirable to get a skin for a gun you actually use"

two of my skins have been for the R93.

by the way i have it for trade if anyone wants, the COP R93 one. i want something i can actually use in trade.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Psion posted:

yeah if they'd just locked every COP reward skin to epic or mint condition or whatever it'd be fine but Overkill is bad at this.

Either that or guarantee you get both stat boost and XP boost on your skin. You may get a lovely torn-up skin, but at least it give you extra 1% XP! :pseudo:

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

bbcisdabomb posted:

Either that or guarantee you get both stat boost and XP boost on your skin. You may get a lovely torn-up skin, but at least it give you extra 1% XP! :pseudo:

i'm sorry, why does an XXV-100 need 1% xp? Unless that was the joke.,

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Still don't know what the 'modifications included' on the bow skin I got from the COP safe refers to. Every other skin details what the bonus is, but not this unique snowflake. Also, I don't care about getting a skin for a weapon that I never use, or even that it has no sale value; putting a little red splotch in the middle of a thin, grey, impossible-to-notice weapon is pathetic.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=553464578

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

chairface posted:

Bring shurikens to stealth missions and this works fine. :colbert:

I'm afraid I'd lose them in my giant ICTV or they'd get stuck and jam up my RPG or minigun.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Deviant posted:

i'm sorry, why does an XXV-100 need 1% xp? Unless that was the joke.,

That was mostly a joke but also a whine about how lovely the xp boost on skins is.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Donacdum.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

maswastaken posted:

That's really the problem isn't it? There are contents that are designed to be more desirable than others.

Yeah, on top of the randomized condition and boost problems, there's also the issue that the COP safe feels less like a totally unique reward and more like they took 25 random skins from whatever amount they cranked out ahead of time for safes in general. It's probably not feasible for all 25 skins to be as crazy elaborate as the golden dragon flamethrower or even Vlad's dildo gun, but there definitely shouldn't have been skins in there that are objectively worse than what you can whip up in Goonmod in like five seconds. Everything should've been the same rarity and same overall quality.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Nov 18, 2015

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
This game is cool and fun. The people who made this cool and fun game appear to be scum or completely incompetent.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
"Modifications included" just means it messes with the weapon mods. For example, applying the meat slicer skin to the MG42 also applies the light barrel, LED combo, and competitor's compensatior. Those mods are free, they cost nothing to apply and don't eat into your supply. Once the skin has been applied you can still change out mods like normal, the skins in no way dictate the guns final build.

However, the skin will remove other mods. Meat slicer removes the bipod, for example. You can still stick it back on later.

Legendary skins are supposed to force all the mods to specific, special ones and are not customizable. I don't know why the pirate legendary skins don't show this behavior.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
it has always been the second one

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I haven't played PD2 in a while and still haven't opened by COP safe.

GOING TO DO THAT RIGHT NOW :v:

EDIT: Oh cool, like as soon as I opened the safe and clicked "back" my loving game crashed, 10/10 would play again.

Oh and I got crap. This was worth $25. :suicide:

What loving gun is that anyway?

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Nov 18, 2015

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
Gun looks like the JP36. Congratulations. Do you feel the love of Overkill?

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Skunkrocker posted:

drat, I got a battle-worn Check Mate judge, worth $3. It's not even worth selling.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Attempting to even look at this skin crashes the game because this thing pops up in my steam inventory that says "Custom GoonMod Skin" or something. So I'm going to assume my crashing was caused by Wilco. Thanks man! :v:

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

Attempting to even look at this skin crashes the game because this thing pops up in my steam inventory that says "Custom GoonMod Skin" or something. So I'm going to assume my crashing was caused by Wilco. Thanks man! :v:

I'm having the same problem, and I've traced it, I think, to the BLT Skin Unlocker. Like for me, it's the Deagle - I have a 'custom goonmod skin' item for the Deagle, and when the Skin Unlocker is installed, trying to modify a Deagle at all crashes the game. So far every other gun skin is doing fine.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skunkrocker posted:

I haven't played PD2 in a while and still haven't opened by COP safe.

GOING TO DO THAT RIGHT NOW :v:

EDIT: Oh cool, like as soon as I opened the safe and clicked "back" my loving game crashed, 10/10 would play again.

I got this too. It's terrible. Both the gun and skin. Why didn't they make something cool like a Golden Glock 18c. If they throw $25 worth of drills and safes with a better collection of skins on guns people actually use I would be very happy.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Fellis posted:

I agree with all of this and whining about the COP pack after the fact is pretty hilarious. The only thing I think is legitimate is that those skins should have come mint-condition only because rolling a poop gun sucks. If you didn't get a skin that you wanted, sorry, that's what the market is for.

Wait, but, gun skins are free to overkill, so, wouldn't fixing this be free? Will they lose money if people don't use the market to recycle their lovely unwanted items?

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Skyscraper posted:

Wait, but, gun skins are free to overkill, so, wouldn't fixing this be free? Will they lose money if people don't use the market to recycle their lovely unwanted items?

If they give ground on this people will press for them to give ground elsewhere. They need to stonewall the poo poo out of it and hope the vocal part of the fan base gets bored and wanders off

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
My favorite part of payday 1 was that the cops would climb up the buildings. Like normal street cops would hear they need backup on the 50th floor. They would start climbing the skyscraper saying, "officer in pursuit".

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Tenzarin posted:

My favorite part of payday 1 was that the cops would climb up the buildings. Like normal street cops would hear they need backup on the 50th floor. They would start climbing the skyscraper saying, "officer in pursuit".

You know, that's a really good point. The Diamond Heist cops just free-climbed 22 stories, rolled in a window, and started blasting you. Those guys were serious.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Psion posted:

You know, that's a really good point. The Diamond Heist cops just free-climbed 22 stories, rolled in a window, and started blasting you. Those guys were serious.

They climbed the drug deal house also.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I dunno about 22 stories but you can get first responders to scurry right up a building in any heist with a vantage point asset.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Geight posted:

I dunno about 22 stories but you can get first responders to scurry right up a building in any heist with a vantage point asset.

Do they climb the building like spiderman?

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

Do they climb the building like spiderman?

Partially.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Deviant posted:

two of my skins have been for the R93.

by the way i have it for trade if anyone wants, the COP R93 one. i want something i can actually use in trade.

I have a fruit stripe CAR-4 I'd be more than willing to trade.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

This is just making me miss Green Bridge even more. If they're gonna add more Classic jobs, that and Panic Room better get the treatment.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe
Apparently I decided to start playing this game like, two days after the whole Pay2Day scandal erupted. Impeccable timing! :suicide:

Anyway... Hello. I'm on the U.S. West Coast, so I'm playing well after most people go to bed (lots of angry-sounding Russians in pub matches). If the Steam group is still a thing, here's my Steam profile. I'm currently playing Enforcer/Armorer build, but trying to wrap my head around an Akimbo Fugimind with Grinder. I'm also very unclear on half the poo poo in the game: how to kill shields without using HE Loco, WTF Infamy is, why people are obsessed over not using "sub-optimal" guns/builds in a casual co-op game, etc.

Just so this isn't a completely worthless intro post, here's a screenshot of my Slaughterhouse dance-off versus Officer D-Money.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
1) some weapons can punch through shields like sniper rifles, but a HE shotgun is a nice and convenient way to remove them. You can also use Iron Man Ace to melee them and shoot them in the rear end with regular bullets or just circlestrafe them until they give up and shoot them with regular bullets. Explosives, shotgun slugs, flamethrower, and dragons breath (don't use DB) also don't care about shields.

2) infamy 1-5 is actually useful in that it allows you to unlock the ability to put fewer points in a given skill tree to unlock higher tiers. It's useful for squeezing a few extra points out of a build. infamy 6-25 is useless e-peen Call of Duty Prestige Mode. I say this as an infamy 25 player.

3) many people are incapable of Funhaving and must min/max optimize everything. Sometimes they grow out of it. Sometimes their only fun IS min/max optimizing, which is sad.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Explosionface posted:

I have a fruit stripe CAR-4 I'd be more than willing to trade.

Got a pic?

Edit: I'm hoping to get a different COP skin. Do you mean Fade Zebra or Stripe On?

Deviant fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 19, 2015

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Greetings from Vegas, where I wish Fallout NV were a documentary. it appears most of the market-side problems with the skin launch are at least partially on Valve; I think this was the first third party product to use the permutated market item system.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
the problem with the skin thing is the game is going to stop receiving patches in 2 years (i think). at least with tf2 and dota 2 you know they wont release a team fortress 3 or dota 3 any time soon and i'm sure if they did they'd have some kind of item transfer system.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Korean Boomhauer posted:

the problem with the skin thing is the game is going to stop receiving patches in 2 years (i think). at least with tf2 and dota 2 you know they wont release a team fortress 3 or dota 3 any time soon and i'm sure if they did they'd have some kind of item transfer system.

I mean I see it as investment for them. I don't expect this to be a long-term plan for now. The problem I have with it is trying to take these ugly skins and incorporate them into the hype system. The whole hype train has been a bit of a wet fart for these kinds of releases, and that's been for things like genuine game content addition. Now, they've still got the web pages with the gigantic fonts and new looping Viklund track, but now it's for the prospect of paying Overkill to get a random drop of a very ugly weapon skin that may be an heinous turd for the same price of a much better one. They just come off as way too proud of this system that at best people tolerate, and while I agree that the most vocal fools will eventually forget it and move on, they're mostly just taking the wind out of their own sails by trying to build up so much energy for these things.

I finally gave my view on all of this and I hope I never have to again.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
I have this hilarious image in my head of Jacket just turning up at one of the Payday Heist's jobs and just joining in for the hell of it. And they let Jacket do it because they're all loving terrified of the man in the chicken mask. :allears:

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Deviant posted:

Got a pic?

Edit: I'm hoping to get a different COP skin. Do you mean Fade Zebra or Stripe On?

Fade Zebra. I also completely forgot it's battle worn, so there's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Klaus88 posted:

I have this hilarious image in my head of Jacket just turning up at one of the Payday Heist's jobs and just joining in for the hell of it. And they let Jacket do it because they're all loving terrified of the man in the chicken mask. :allears:

Hotline Miami is the reason my in-game bank account never gets hit. I will never not be Jacket, I will never not wear Richard, and there are no other guns than the minigun and RPG.