Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Normally on the way to work I pick up a 24oz tall boy keystone light from the ice chest at the Valero which is at the entrance to my neighborhood. They put it in a brown paper bag for me so I can drink it during my commute. It really helps to take the edge off before I get the day started. I've noticed there is a pretty good selection of other beers I haven't tried yet like bud light, bud light clamato, bud light chelada, and lots of four loko. Should I be varying my morning pickup or should I stick to old faithful? Any of you guys have some recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Crack. It's the drug that smiles back.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Four loko is no good anymore since they took out the caffeine

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
I'd go with the Bud Light if it was me.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
drinkin and driving is a cool thing for awesome dudes, keep it up op, god bless

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011
I've been drinking Coors Light for ages and I find it's probably the lightest light beer that actually tastes like anything. Go for one, they're as cold as the rockies, even if their new ad campaign is stupid (I miss the silver CGI train)

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

really though, if you can't handle drinking a 24oz of light beer while driving, you're pretty bitch made

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Bud Light Lime. It's very refreshing!

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
real actual manly men™ drink hard liquor during their morning commute op, what are you some kind of bitch boy???

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

real actual manly men™ drink hard liquor during their morning commute op, what are you some kind of bitch boy???

Drink bourbon straight from the bottle

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Network Pesci posted:

I'd go with the Bud Light if it was me.

ya, my roadie is always bud light with a randomly flavored smirnoff shooter. go for the gusto

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

pabst blue ribbon

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I thought i was being clever with half a litre of wine before work but eventually i got called out on my fire breath

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I saw someone drinking a Heineken while driving once, maybe that?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Between like 18 and 22 i was so hosed up id be vomiting on the front of the building before walking inside and i think i got about 15k worth of pay rises in that time also.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
real pros get a half gallon carton of orange juice and a 750ml bottle of vodka, pour out (or drink) half the orange juice and just dump the whole bottle of vodka into the carton

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I saw someone drinking a Heineken while driving once, maybe that?

I dont understand heiniken it costs like a premium beer but is really poo poo. Why do people drink it.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
go for the spicy latin kick ayyy

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

City of Tampa posted:

real pros get a half gallon carton of orange juice and a 750ml bottle of vodka, pour out (or drink) half the orange juice and just dump the whole bottle of vodka into the carton

this is called a clearwater sunrise

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

City of Tampa posted:

The wife says I can't keep hard liquor in the house anymore after the incident and you know how that goes happy wife happy life, right?

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
oh man you hadnt mentioned that drinking was affecting your marriage, in that case go whole hog and pick up a flask before work, she'll never find out

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

this is called a clearwater sunrise

and when you pour out the orange juice you have to say "this is for all my homies that died picking oranges"

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Isaac posted:

I dont understand heiniken it costs like a premium beer but is really poo poo. Why do people drink it.

Advertising

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Also Corona also costs 50pc more than a normal case of beer and is seriously awful.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Isaac posted:

Austin Powers drinks it and so does James Bond?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Um if it's in the morning you should drink an irish coffee out of a McDonalds coffee cup, you'll never get busted.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
this story is for you city of tampa

so before i got a job in my field i worked like 70 hours a week at a gas station in Tarpon Springs, right off of US-19. we opened at 6 but couldn't sell beer until 8 (during the week, Sunday you cant sell until 11. there were a few occasions where upstanding Christian gentlemen wanted to fight me because i wouldnt sell them their pre-church beers) so every day there would be at least 5 people that would come in, go to the beer cooler, find it to be locked, get pissed off and storm out. there is always an 8am rush because the functional alcoholics know you can't buy until that time. almost always singles, though the construction guys would usually go for 12/18/24 packs. very seldom did any of these people even leave the store before cracking their beer and either putting it in one of the fountain cups or just straight up drinking it. there's a ridiculous amount of people drunk driving in pinellas/hillsborough/pasco/manatee every single day. basically what im getting at is keep your wits about you on the road, almost everyone is drunk

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
got any ice house in that cooler?

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
local lager tall boys and a pint flask of rum in case of emergency.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

this story is for you city of tampa

so before i got a job in my field i worked like 70 hours a week at a gas station in Tarpon Springs, right off of US-19. we opened at 6 but couldn't sell beer until 8 (during the week, Sunday you cant sell until 11. there were a few occasions where upstanding Christian gentlemen wanted to fight me because i wouldnt sell them their pre-church beers) so every day there would be at least 5 people that would come in, go to the beer cooler, find it to be locked, get pissed off and storm out. there is always an 8am rush because the functional alcoholics know you can't buy until that time. almost always singles, though the construction guys would usually go for 12/18/24 packs. very seldom did any of these people even leave the store before cracking their beer and either putting it in one of the fountain cups or just straight up drinking it. there's a ridiculous amount of people drunk driving in pinellas/hillsborough/pasco/manatee every single day. basically what im getting at is keep your wits about you on the road, almost everyone is drunk

gently caress yeah, there's a 7-11 by my work and whenever I go there in the morning there are construction dudes buying cases of natty light. but i'd have to get hosed up too to do that job in the heat so i can't really hold it against them.

The sunday thing used to be worse, back in the day it was 1pm so you'd have to make sure that you got beer on Saturday or else you'd be hosed for the first game during football season

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
you should "upgrade" to more finer established beverages op such as ol grandad or evan williams

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Toadstrieb posted:

I've been drinking Coors Light for ages and I find it's probably the lightest light beer that actually tastes like anything. Go for one, they're as cold as the rockies, even if their new ad campaign is stupid (I miss the silver CGI train)

how much do you get paid for a post like this? is it a reasonable rate? could i make a living doing it? or is there a daily cap?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Isaac posted:

Also Corona also costs 50pc more than a normal case of beer and is seriously awful.

do you put lime in it? you sound like you are not american so maybe you don't know this is the trick

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Normally on the way to work I pick up a 24oz tall boy keystone light from the ice chest at the Valero which is at the entrance to my neighborhood. They put it in a brown paper bag for me so I can drink it during my commute. It really helps to take the edge off before I get the day started. I've noticed there is a pretty good selection of other beers I haven't tried yet like bud light, bud light clamato, bud light chelada, and lots of four loko. Should I be varying my morning pickup or should I stick to old faithful? Any of you guys have some recommendations?

drink the bud light clamato. in fact just buy the whole case, youll love it

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

nomadologique posted:

do you put lime in it? you sound like you are not american so maybe you don't know this is the trick

i do not think they sell wedges of lime at the gas station

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

nomadologique posted:

How bout i just drink a beer that dosent require that poo poo.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

it is tasty and refreshing with lime but hey ma, go your own way (TM)

(thanks Toadstrieb i'm trying thi sshit out!!)

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
My favourite drink is GnT with lime. If im gonna cut up fruit thats what ill drink. Otherwise all i want to do is open the aluminium can and pour into my face.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Mange Mite posted:

drink the bud light clamato. in fact just buy the whole case, youll love it

Basically got breakfast covered with this as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Isaac posted:

My favourite drink is GnT with lime. If im gonna cut up fruit thats what ill drink. Otherwise all i want to do is open the aluminium can and pour into my face.

:cheers:

• Locked thread