Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
oh ya corona is also probably more expensive in the uk bc they have to ship it across the atlantic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

HECHE EN MEXICO baby

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Wild Irish Rose if you're the budgeting sort

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

this is called a clearwater sunrise

Learn something new everyday!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Maddog 20/20

If it ain't the color of jukebox lights, it ain't the dog

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

nomadologique posted:

oh ya corona is also probably more expensive in the uk bc they have to ship it across the atlantic

Im in aus which is even further maybe. Tecate still manages to be cheap and better though.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Normally on the way to work I pick up a 24oz tall boy keystone light from the ice chest at the Valero which is at the entrance to my neighborhood. They put it in a brown paper bag for me so I can drink it during my commute. It really helps to take the edge off before I get the day started. I've noticed there is a pretty good selection of other beers I haven't tried yet like bud light, bud light clamato, bud light chelada, and lots of four loko. Should I be varying my morning pickup or should I stick to old faithful? Any of you guys have some recommendations?

Keystone light is a solid choice. Bud light chelada is also a good breakfast beer. You can't really go wrong with beer, provided there is alcohol in it IMO

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Keystone light is a solid choice. Bud light chelada is also a good breakfast beer. You can't really go wrong with beer, provided there is alcohol in it IMO

I saw someone drink an O'Douls once

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

In my experience the more you drink the better your career will go. I recommend switching to 24 oz of vodka.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I saw someone drink an O'Douls once

I used to get my dad to buy me O'Douls when I was 12 :coolfish:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

I used to get my dad to buy me O'Douls when I was 12 :coolfish:

rad dad

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I think every dad should give their young child some O'Douls because it will turn the kid off of alcohol until at least college.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I had a sip if Zima when I was a kid and I thought it tasted really good, a lot like Sprite.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Im drinking a beer on the toilet so i cant be caught

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I had a sip if Zima when I was a kid and I thought it tasted really good, a lot like Sprite.

I work with an old dude and (okay, like 40 but I consider that old) and Zima was his go to drink in college apparently.

Of course everyone makes fun of him.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx

Isaac posted:

Im drinking a beer on the toilet so i cant be caught

I cleaned my bathroom the other day and there were so many empties in my shower on the ledges.

Drinking beer in the shower is the best thing ever.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
40 ouncer of Olde English, although it's a "road soda" rather than a road beer.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Isaac posted:

I dont understand heiniken it costs like a premium beer but is really poo poo. Why do people drink it.

Same with Stella Artois, at least in Canada. In the last year it went from being standard price beer to all of a sudden jumping to $16.25 for a six pack (1980ml), $28 for a 12 pack (3960ml), and... $3.79 for a 500ml Tall Boy :psyduck:, which is completely out of line with the rest of their packs and is where it should be.

Stella has become the Holier Than Thou beer of the Middle Class Beer World

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Professor Shark posted:

Same with Stella Artois, at least in Canada. In the last year it went from being standard price beer to all of a sudden jumping to $16.25 for a six pack (1980ml), $28 for a 12 pack (3960ml), and... $3.79 for a 500ml Tall Boy :psyduck:, which is completely out of line with the rest of their packs and is where it should be.

Stella tastes like piss and smells like rotten skunk rear end.

OP anything you drink should be placed in a large McDonald's cup, that way no one will question if they see you through the window. There's also the bonus that the large size is both reusable and holds a lot of liquor (32oz).

ehhhhhhnnnnnn
Jun 3, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
keystone is loving disgusting

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
gently caress you op my dad was killed by a drunk driver

but to answer your question i'd probably just grab a yuengling

ehhhhhhnnnnnn
Jun 3, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Cnut the Great posted:

owned

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

:lol:

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Mange Mite posted:

i do not think they sell wedges of lime at the gas station

your gas stations suck

even here in the midwest many of them have limes, where the hell do you live?

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

alcoholism is cool and good and this thread makes me want to get a beer

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

this story is for you city of tampa

so before i got a job in my field i worked like 70 hours a week at a gas station in Tarpon Springs, right off of US-19. we opened at 6 but couldn't sell beer until 8 (during the week, Sunday you cant sell until 11. there were a few occasions where upstanding Christian gentlemen wanted to fight me because i wouldnt sell them their pre-church beers) so every day there would be at least 5 people that would come in, go to the beer cooler, find it to be locked, get pissed off and storm out. there is always an 8am rush because the functional alcoholics know you can't buy until that time. almost always singles, though the construction guys would usually go for 12/18/24 packs. very seldom did any of these people even leave the store before cracking their beer and either putting it in one of the fountain cups or just straight up drinking it. there's a ridiculous amount of people drunk driving in pinellas/hillsborough/pasco/manatee every single day. basically what im getting at is keep your wits about you on the road, almost everyone is drunk

The people waiting by the cooler for 8am aren't drunk driving, they're just putting off the DTs. They're at the point where it's going to take more than a beer to get them drunk. It would probably be more dangerous if they didn't have the beer.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Cnut the Great posted:

Well, if your dad was drinking and driving, it sounds like he'd still be alive.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Well, if your dad was drinking and driving, it sounds like he'd still be alive.

whoops, forgot to mention that my dad was the drunk driver

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Isaac posted:

Im in aus which is even further maybe. Tecate still manages to be cheap and better though.

my guess is that tecate is a big enough brand to be owned by someone outside mexico and probably also produced outside mexico. i don't know.

fake edit: yes, it is owned by (lol) heineken. produced entirely in mexico though.

corona is owned by anheuser busch. can't really figure why one is cheaper than the other except production costs (tecate is cheaper than corona in the US as well). but it is possible that the price discrepancy is greater in Aus than the US. presumably tecate uses cheaper ingredients and a cheaper process.

i would have to question your taste if you claim tecate is better than corona. i like them both just fine, and i like plenty of other cheap beer, but i don't consider tecate (for instance) to be better than corona outside its price point. but i also think heineken is relatively drinkable, although not nearly drinkable enough to justify its cost.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Professor Shark posted:

stella is godawful dog piss and i don't understand how anyone drinks it.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Cnut the Great posted:

good choiec son :cheers: - your dead dad

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

this story is for you city of tampa

so before i got a job in my field i worked like 70 hours a week at a gas station in Tarpon Springs, right off of US-19. we opened at 6 but couldn't sell beer until 8 (during the week, Sunday you cant sell until 11. there were a few occasions where upstanding Christian gentlemen wanted to fight me because i wouldnt sell them their pre-church beers) so every day there would be at least 5 people that would come in, go to the beer cooler, find it to be locked, get pissed off and storm out. there is always an 8am rush because the functional alcoholics know you can't buy until that time. almost always singles, though the construction guys would usually go for 12/18/24 packs. very seldom did any of these people even leave the store before cracking their beer and either putting it in one of the fountain cups or just straight up drinking it. there's a ridiculous amount of people drunk driving in pinellas/hillsborough/pasco/manatee every single day. basically what im getting at is keep your wits about you on the road, almost everyone is drunk

Lol I drive this route on my way to Pasco and back all the loving time please please tell me which gas station

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
15 case of natty daddy

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

The cheapest malt liquor you can buy

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Dieselpunk Stout because it comes in a dark can, so when a cop sees you he thinks you're drinking a root beer, not a road beer.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Steel Reserve

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Stella seems to vary alot. Sometimes the grog shop has made in UK ones and they taste worse and look like they got detergent in them.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
Butt chug it. The brand doesn't matter.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Dump out an Olde English 40 to the shoulder and fill that space up with oj

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003