Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Holy crap it's been like a year since I've played SLB but I already have a team purchased. $12.95 saved!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT
Posted my picks.

I have no idea how many of them I'll get.

Probably zero. Go extra round, go!

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Also I will help the new people out a bit.
This is a totally generic rear end "I want to find a good player" search. Barry Bonds is really good. You can refine further but this is where I always start.

And now the same for pitching:

You will obviously want to put in a minimum IP/162 value to find starting pitching. Hopefully this gives you new a people a little head start.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say

Devo posted:

Holy crap it's been like a year since I've played SLB but I already have a team purchased. $12.95 saved!

i still have like four seasons left over from prog and simleagues dying at the same time just after i bought a new six pack

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.
A question has been posed that probably needs addressing since it directly affects the draft, whether it's allowed to trade picks after the draft ends. I'm pretty strongly against this but I'm willing to listen if people are in favor. I like how the draft encourages you to take shots at multiple players and forces you to adjust depending on what you do/don't get, and I think trading takes away from that.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I never really liked trades in any sort of SimLeague

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I don't think trading really adds to this format at all. It's already a no cap league; come with what you get.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I sent in my super terrible picks. I tried to be all ~~strategic~~ but drove myself insane with 100 dimensions of WHAT IF??s, and just went with something I thought might work.

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.
Yeah no trades. Also I found a diamond in the rough that nobody takes, I hope

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

What else do I have to do to impress you people?
My stupid and bad picks are in.

No trades, please.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.
20 sets in! Still missing picks from:

gardenald
zapples
Male. Bi. Unix.
Evilbeard

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Bob Shabazz posted:

Owner List
12. Atheistdeals.com
12. Devo

Well this explains why I'm missing four sets of picks but have 21 on the spreadsheet...gonna see if Ivan still wants in.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Doesn't that mean we actually have one team too many? Not the opposite?

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

Bob Shabazz posted:

Well this explains why I'm missing four sets of picks but have 21 on the spreadsheet...gonna see if Ivan still wants in.
I'll join if you need someone. It's been awhile. Or I'll catch you in the next one if you end up having one too many instead of one too few.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

We do but WiS supports 26 team leagues, I'm pretty sure. Just can't have an odd number. I really don't want to kick someone out thanks to my mistake.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Bob Shabazz posted:

We do but WiS supports 26 team leagues, I'm pretty sure. Just can't have an odd number. I really don't want to kick someone out thanks to my mistake.

Yeah I wasn't sure if we could do a 26 team league or not. I know we can do 28.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

I checked and 26 is supported so Ivan is in.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

:toot:

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

Bob Shabazz posted:

I checked and 26 is supported so Ivan is in.
Thanks for the heads up. I have a few meetings lined up at the office today but I'll try to send you my picks at some point in between. Early this evening at the latest.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Bob Shabazz posted:

20 sets in! Still missing picks from:

gardenald
zapples
Male. Bi. Unix.
Evilbeard

Just sent mine

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
Sent my poo poo in

I'm getting zero of these guys prolly

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Will you be messaging us if we oh-fer?

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

kensei posted:

Will you be messaging us if we oh-fer?

Sure will! I'm also going to post in here that I need one from gardenald.

Only missing two sets of picks right now and I've heard from both owners, so this round should wrap up tonight.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

I'm also making an executive decision regarding seventh picks: if a seventh pick conflicts with someone else's original pick, and would be the second pick that blocks that player, whoever picked that player in his set of six will still get the player; that is, seventh picks can't ban a player on their own.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Bob Shabazz posted:

I'm also making an executive decision regarding seventh picks: if a seventh pick conflicts with someone else's original pick, and would be the second pick that blocks that player, whoever picked that player in his set of six will still get the player; that is, seventh picks can't ban a player on their own.

:mad:

It's me. I'm banning all the players.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Dec 2, 2015

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

Bob Shabazz posted:

Only missing two sets of picks right now and I've heard from both owners, so this round should wrap up tonight.

Womp womp

It's okay I sent you another pick who someone else already has

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bob Shabazz posted:

Sorry for the delay my picks are in. yeehaw

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

:f5:

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

I'm working on the post!

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LXBOpAypKykUMmNIYpH1hdlS3kOM0dF2uA-061k_YhY/edit#gid=0&vpid=A1 here are the picks, rest will be up soon

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Not bad. I think ArtVandelay got the best out of that one.

Also what's the deal with picking ballparks?

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
well at least I have old unused seasons to burn instead of buying a new one

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
WELP

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Art getting Bonds and Trout is the greatest thing ever

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Julio Cruz posted:

Someone actually got Bonds? God damnit.

Zamboni Jesus also picked Barry Bonds so no they didn't.

I'm guessing NutShellBill hates me now since we were both the only ones to block each other on Ben Sheets AND Tony Gwynn

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Did I just get Bonds and Trout? Because that's kind of the best.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Power of Pecota posted:

Zamboni Jesus also picked Barry Bonds so no they didn't.

I'm guessing NutShellBill hates me now since we were both the only ones to block each other on Ben Sheets AND Tony Gwynn

Thank gently caress. I'm shocked someone else went with Gagné though, thought I'd get him if no-one else.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

punter noo

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Power of Pecota posted:

Zamboni Jesus also picked Barry Bonds so no they didn't

Yeah it would appear so, huh. Whoops. I'm doing a bang-up job here.

Julio Cruz posted:

Not bad. I think ArtVandelay got the best out of that one.

Also what's the deal with picking ballparks?

You can pick them as you would a player, I forgot to mention that but I don't recommend picking a ballpark first round anyway, unlike these crazies. You can choose from these ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I cant believe no one did a defense block pick for Mike Trout. Wow. Huge steal.

Looking over how many people I mulled over that I thought people might ignore this round. I could have had a real bloodbath. Was considering A-rod,belle,pujols,lofton,mcgwire,bautista. The strategy for this is going to be interesting.

• Locked thread