Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Wolves in the House is the second album by fuzz-folk artist Loris Ceroni. It was released on March 21, 2006 under his own independent label, Shucks Frock Records.[1] It features new versions of five of the six songs from Ceroni's Tour EP, though some have different titles.

Wolves in the House features several guest artists including John Bidwell, Alex Harpstrom, and upcoming fuzz-folk aficionado Tim Wibbins. Ceroni described working with the other artists as "exhilarating," but went on to claim he would never be doing so again. "I like my own sound pure and unedited, I think," he said.[2] Said sound is comprised of a mixture of his previous album With My Own Eyes, and a self-admitted experimental streak with an additional noise guitar and uptuned violin. This creates a darker atmosphere that critics have said is brutal, but with a light and elegant touch to its ear-feel. This is elaborated on in the album's title, which Ceroni claims reflects the nature of human beings as wolves and how they could very well be living in your own home. Ceroni plays each instrument himself on separate audio tracks, then combines them into one to make the final song.[3] His live shows feature additional backup players to consolidate for Ceroni being unable to perform this process.

The album art is a collaboration piece by British cinematographer Brittany O'Connor. She initiated contact with Ceroni after being inspired by his previous album to create her work, Did Not Spot An Owl.[4] Ceroni favored this follow-up piece so highly that he requested it be used as the cover for his next LP release, to which O'Connor obliged. [5] "I think he's a genius," she was quoted as saying in Pitchfork, "his sound is so unique that only a piece like 'Owl' could compliment the kind of music he makes." [6]

The album was generally well received by critics. It has a score of 76 out of 100 from 32 critics on the website Metacritic.[7] Pitchfork Media placed Wolves in the House at number 75 on their list of the top 200 folk albums to listen to in the 00's.[8]

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Nov 20, 2015

Gonzo the Eggman
Apr 15, 2010

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Middle Woman was a (post) post-disco group inspired by the works of Orson Scott Card.
The group broke up in late 1986 due to flagging relevance, only to reform 15 years layer.
Digressing from their usual themes, the lead singer, Byron Walley decided to take their music in a different direction.
This, their comeback album draws inspiration from early 2000s romantic comedies.
Interspersed throughout this album is the story of a girl who finds she is forced to educate herself on the etiquette of wooing the opposite sex when she finally meets Mr. Right.
In the end, however, the girl is eaten by a dragon.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Another one this morning.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
no i don't find this addictive and won't waste my entire day doing it...

that is a lie, i have a problem.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

(original image was just b/w)

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

winter.mute posted:

no i don't find this addictive and won't waste my entire day doing it...

that is a lie, i have a problem.

These are great, time well spent.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

In Case They Do It Again is the fourth studio album by English alternate-rock band Dzungar People. It was the band's third internationally released album under their long-standing partnership with the Albrecht Productions label, published by Atlantic Records in the US. All songs on the album except for the eponymous title track were written by the band's guitarist, Josh Harding, a departure from their previous releases. It was originally released on 23 March 2004, recently re-packaged in The Too-Big LP Collection extended edition on 4 April 2014.

By 2003, Dzungar People had become extremely successful in the United Kingdom and had also achieved a degree of popularity in the United States and Europe. Singer and band leader Karyn Meltzig felt that international success brought a lot of pressure to the band to revitalize their sound, and she stepped down as the main songwriter in exchange for Harding. According to her, this allowed the band to "create a new look and feel. We wanted less pop, less sappy ballads about love. That stuff was alright, but it's time for a change, you know?"[1] The album was recorded piecemeal over the course of 2003 as the band was touring for the majority of the summer season. After their tour concluded with the Vans Warped Tour UK show in August, the band was left free to record in their personal studio in Norfolk.[2]

The album's packaging is a reference to drummer Gregory Orell- one of the band's founding members -who left the band in 2002 to focus on his own musical project, Beechwood. Orell remains friends and in close contact with Meltzig, who is also a founding member herself. Meltzig explained in Pitchfork that the eponymous song and album cover design refer to North Pier, Blackpool, England.[3] She and Orell met at the Blackpool Theatre on the end of the boardwalk when a ticket printing error gave them both free showings to the same film. Meltzig says that the album is "a reminder that your past matters, and that meeting life-long friends sometimes happens completely by chance." She added in the post-interview that the album's inlet also contains a reference to Beechwood, but she did not elaborate.[4]

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
looks like wiki is feeling a little emo right now
gave me some great combos

Gonzo the Eggman
Apr 15, 2010

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Ferrule posted:

(original image was just b/w)

Oh deer. I think we have a pictorial theme developing.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Helvetica font is just sooo indie

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy
This is too much indie... I'm sorry

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

ah poo poo i think i hosed up

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
heavily influenced by Pink Floyd and The Who, Osteobrama release a two hour long concept album focusing on marine life in the Arctic sea
no one is surprised when it is overlooked by critics, ignored by the general public and fails to ignite their career

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS
These are so amazing. I want all these albums. You guys are awesome. :allears:

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy

Darth Continent
Dec 13, 2004

I sense a
disturbance
in my bowels...

FBIASSMAN69
Aug 15, 2006

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Gonzo the Eggman posted:

Oh deer. I think we have a pictorial theme developing.

Same here:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

spot on

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Too much fun, did another in a different genre

That's a loving great one.

Here's my feeble attempt (from work):

That was fun!

Funkysauce fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Nov 20, 2015

stachatoryR
Aug 9, 2004

This seems to me like one of those lovely 90's $3 techno CDs you would find in a Hasting's clearance bin.

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Francis_George
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Fothad
https://www.flickr.com/photos/113562494@N04/23123835232/

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

i imagine it as one of those read along books on record from the early 70's
not Disney but some sort of cheap knockoff

like one of these

winter.mute fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Nov 20, 2015

Ziptar
Aug 13, 2015

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

super mario batali
Aug 1, 2013

Dice-a the Mushroom
Grimey Drawer

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

lol

HandsomeMrFooFoo
Apr 26, 2008

ahhhhhhhhhh my fucking
head is killing me
This went weird real fast.

Mildly Amusing
May 2, 2012

room temperature

Acoustic yonic folk

I only now realize i should have put the band name in the center. oh well.

(photo credit)

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Synthetic Violence
Oct 18, 2012

Fuck machine.
Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I probably should have switched to a machine that has photoshop but I got excited.

e.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 21, 2015

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

An Indie/Folk/Jazz autobiographical debut album about the transition from sheltered suburban life into the regional city.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Witch Island is a neo-pagan folk rock ensemble out of central Missouri, with a thing for bluegrass banjo solos and lyrics describing pop-inspired folkloric tales. In my heart, in my mind, and in your grave is their third album, and their first foray into a telling an extended story, the album following the forbidden love of fraternal twin siblings Corbin and Dove through life, death, hell and beyond.

E: I crudely smashed the dimensions of my photo into a square from a rectangle (no cropping, just resized), selected a circle, inverted the selection and hit sepia. Then I added the black bar and text, obviously.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Nov 21, 2015

Darth Continent
Dec 13, 2004

I sense a
disturbance
in my bowels...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.S. Gumby
Jul 26, 2007

Utterly useless.

"hipster elevator music"