Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

PUT THIS WANKSTAIN ON IGNORE
Well, seeing as how this is the defacto Perth Goon thread now, who's going to Burnout Blitz at the Plex tonight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pazrs
Mar 27, 2005

Automatic Retard posted:

Well, seeing as how this is the defacto Perth Goon thread now, who's going to Burnout Blitz at the Plex tonight?

Doesn't George Separovich always win?

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

Who cares? Not me. I'm just there to drink mid-strength Beam and enjoy the noise

:banjo:

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Posting Perth goon HSV's in Perth thread.

Intake, full exhaust and tune all finished up so it deserved a good clean. First time using a clay bar, man, those things get results. Unfortunately got a wedding to attend so no poo poo beer and burnouts for me :(

masterpine fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Nov 29, 2015

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

No blower??? Come on mate, lift ya game :v:

ANyway heres some lovely iphone vids I took at the burnouts tonight. My phone was nearly dead so I didnt take enough vids to capture any exploding engines, but there were a few pretty spectacular ones haha

https://youtu.be/d7so-LfebjM

https://youtu.be/SZUzdCOJg2s

https://youtu.be/cPZNEItzRA8

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Automatic Retard posted:

No blower??? Come on mate, lift ya game :v:

ANyway heres some lovely iphone vids I took at the burnouts tonight. My phone was nearly dead so I didnt take enough vids to capture any exploding engines, but there were a few pretty spectacular ones haha

https://youtu.be/d7so-LfebjM

https://youtu.be/SZUzdCOJg2s

https://youtu.be/cPZNEItzRA8

I'm guessing that was 'STRUGLIN' in the first vid, that wagon is just insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tipQWz0jCSI - Anyone new to Flinty460's channel, say hello to an evening of burnout goodness.

I'm so drat close to popping through the order for a magnuson heartbeat kit to throw on, god drat responsibilities and life getting in the way of reckless spending. Not to mention i would no doubt wrap the thing around a tree within a week.

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

Sure was. loving awesome.

I ended up getting a Harrop FDFI 1900 blower a couple of years ago. I haven't regretted it for a second, except for sometimes wishing I'd coughed up the extra cash for a 2300.
But then I got pulley upgrade kit, 10% overdrive balancer pulley, cam, fuel system upgrade and full exhaust.

Now it drinks fuel like I drink beer and I can't even get to geraldton without having to refuel, and the cam can make it act like a oval office around town.

Still, no regrets haha. I have another car and a motorbike for economical poo poo.

After the car got stolen and returned, I decided to do something to make her mine again. Seeing as how I thought it was pretty pissweak for what it was anyway, I decided to go forced induction.
Originally I was thinking twin turbo, so I went to a tuner to ask about their twin turbo kits. I was told that there was no way they would do it unless it was a built motor. 20k for the kit plus 20k for the engine build = NOPE.

Then I saw an ad for the Harrop blower and cat back exhaust package. Sweet.

That was all well and good, but I knew that I wanted a cam too. So less than a year later I did that, and got some headers too. Love the idle.
https://youtu.be/EnoRR_nPmOE
I didn't take that vid. Cam gave it another 100hp too.

So I thought I might as well use it for its intended purpose. Thrashing the gently caress out of it ::d:

Racewars. Fun.

I entered the next year too, but there was no way I was gonna enter the same car, so I needed more power.
The OTR CAI, boost and fuel system upgrades took car of that, and took the car to over 600rwhp. Safe tune, nowhere near what it could be.

Dad rode along for a race (yes I know I sound like a retard)
https://youtu.be/HpUEzYcTOrw

Aaaaand a bonus vid of it on the dyno at a competion for charity. Only got 575rwhp. Combination of different dyno and slipping clutch I hope haha.
https://youtu.be/ZWz6ggNdSJg

So thats it I suppose. By April next year I hope to have an upgraded clutch (essential if I want to do any more racing), a short shifter, bigger extractors and maybe E85 Flex fuel capability.
Pity I don't have a job at the moment haha.

The year after that I want to upgrade the cylinder heads. And that hopefully will put it at around the max safe(ish) power for the stock internals.
Opening up the motor is a long way down the track, if ever.

E: keep forgetting to tIMG

Automatic Retard fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Nov 28, 2015

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

InitialDave posted:

This thread is both Straya and oval office.

Saw a full on straya oval office ute at he shops today. Massive bullbar, 2 massive cb antennas, stickers all over it and Kenworth mudflaps.

Didnt have vertical exhauast pipes so maybe it wasnt FULLCUNT but its was pretty standardcunt. No pics sorry.

It was a green VE

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

Any Perth goons going to SpeedFest at the Plex tomorrow?

http://perthspeedfest.com/

Looks like it'll be an awesom day, but it's 100 bucks a ticket, and I'm jobless at the mo.

Never seen an F1 car live tho.

Decisions, decisions :confused:

KillaZilla
Jan 30, 2003
HSV thread, woop!

Well this is my daily chariot, it's off to the mad scientist in a month. I am keen to see what limited run models we get towards the end, my wallet is at the ready!

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Most of those photos were taken in my local area :cry: :negative:
I'm so embarrassed.

Nice ute though, OP. Please don't put a roo bar, CAT mudflaps, superfluous aerials or fartcans on it ever, please. And if ever you sell it and the potential next owner says they have similar plans look them hard in the eye, and without breaking eye contact flick a lit match into the cabin.

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

KillaZilla posted:

HSV thread, woop!

Well this is my daily chariot, it's off to the mad scientist in a month. I am keen to see what limited run models we get towards the end, my wallet is at the ready!

I've heard a lot of people say that the VF looks "too euro", but I really like the front end on them. The VF bonnets look awesome with the new camaro bonnet scoop on it.

General_Failure posted:

Most of those photos were taken in my local area :cry: :negative:
I'm so embarrassed.

Nice ute though, OP. Please don't put a roo bar, CAT mudflaps, superfluous aerials or fartcans on it ever, please. And if ever you sell it and the potential next owner says they have similar plans look them hard in the eye, and without breaking eye contact flick a lit match into the cabin.

Haha no I have no intention of doing any of that, and anyone that would do it to a HSV is retarded.

I don't think I've ever seen a countryfied Maloo. Hmmm.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Automatic Retard posted:

I've heard a lot of people say that the VF looks "too euro", but I really like the front end on them. The VF bonnets look awesome with the new camaro bonnet scoop on it.
I prefer the rear ends of the VFs compared to the VE. The tail lights on a VE are too small, makes the rear end look awful. The wider tail lights on the VF look way better

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

It's not as bad as the Falcon, but the Commodore looks like an old car waiting to die. I hope HSV do something memorable before they're killed off or become Camaro importers.

If they started putting LS motors in the Colorado I bet they'd sell millions of them.

open24hours fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Dec 13, 2015

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

In some ways it does remind me of the last years of the Chrysler Valiant, however it looks like Holden and to a lesser degree, Ford, want their big cars to go out with a bang, not just forgotten.

That said, I see bugger all FGX Falcons on the road compared to the VF Commodore. Sad way for Australia's big family sedans (and wagon) go out.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

You Am I posted:

In some ways it does remind me of the last years of the Chrysler Valiant, however it looks like Holden and to a lesser degree, Ford, want their big cars to go out with a bang, not just forgotten.

That said, I see bugger all FGX Falcons on the road compared to the VF Commodore. Sad way for Australia's big family sedans (and wagon) go out.

Im starting to see a few around Adelaide now. God drat that new nose on them looks mean compared to the commodore offering. Why didnt they pull that one out of their arses a few years ago?

Someone in my town managed to wrap an R8 maloo around around a tree earlier in the week. On a dead (as in it runs true north for 5kms), nuns oval office dry road. In an 80 zone.

I have no idea how the gently caress they managed it either?

Ferremit fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Dec 13, 2015

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

Ferremit posted:

Im starting to see a few around Adelaide now. God drat that new nose on them looks mean compared to the commodore offering. Why didnt they pull that one out of their arses a few years ago?

Someone in my town managed to wrap an R8 maloo around around a tree earlier in the week. On a dead (as in it runs true north for 5kms), nuns oval office dry road. In an 80 zone.

I have no idea how the gently caress they managed it either?
Skip?

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

You Am I posted:

I prefer the rear ends of the VFs compared to the VE. The tail lights on a VE are too small, makes the rear end look awful. The wider tail lights on the VF look way better

Can't say I've seen too many VF tail lights lol

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

You Am I posted:

I like how Holden had to put out that stupid ad with the little girl showing off all the rubbish latest model year Cruzes. Just pack it in and sell Chevrolets.

Edit: or at least have a stupid sexy finance woman try to sell me a car loan like Ford and Toyota.

~Coxy fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Dec 13, 2015

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

~Coxy posted:

I like how Holden had to put out that stupid ad with the little girl showing off all the rubbish latest model year Cruzes. Just pack it in and sell Chevrolets.

Edit: or at least have a stupid sexy finance woman try to sell me a car loan like Ford and Toyota.

I have read that GM has had hold ups on bringing out a new Cruze. Holden should just drop it entirely and just go with the European GM products. The current Cruze is well out of date.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
The Astra is hatch only and too small to replace the Cruze

The Astra and Insignia are available but only in VXR trim and are much more expensive than the Cruze/Malibu - I think that's how things will stay

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Confused as to why anyone would buy a small GM hatch while Toyota is still building cars.

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

Why would anyone buy a small hatch at all

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

I'm seriously thinking about getting a E85 Flex-Fuel sensor as one of the next mods.Yay? Nay?

I want the extra power for when I want to race, but E85 is rare around here so I want to be able to use premium every day.

both of the tuners I've asked have said they've never heard of it, which I doubt cos holden have released a whole bunch of commodores with E85 Flex Fuel as standard, so not sure if they are.... not sure wtf actually.

Some things I've read say it's great, and some things say not to trust your engines tune to a potentially dodgy sensor.

Hopefully this question makes it out of this thread and into AI in general.........

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

Also I have the blower with a 10% ovewrdrive balancer pulley and a 75mm (down from 90mm) blower pulley, but I have'nt lowered the CR, so I'm pretty sure E85 would be good for the engine. But it's rare......

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Hey, you know what was heavily underrepresented in Fury Road (for an Australian film)?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

atomicthumbs posted:

Hey, you know what was heavily underrepresented in Fury Road (for an Australian film)?
Alcoholism and casually racist comments?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Bitching about brown people in boats?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm gonna say shorts and flipflops.

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

cuuuuuuuunt

Powershift posted:

I'm gonna say shorts and flipflops.

They're called thongs man not "flipflops"

:colbert:

Automatic Retard fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Dec 16, 2015

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Automatic Retard posted:

I'm seriously thinking about getting a E85 Flex-Fuel sensor as one of the next mods.Yay? Nay?

I want the extra power for when I want to race, but E85 is rare around here so I want to be able to use premium every day.

both of the tuners I've asked have said they've never heard of it, which I doubt cos holden have released a whole bunch of commodores with E85 Flex Fuel as standard, so not sure if they are.... not sure wtf actually.

Some things I've read say it's great, and some things say not to trust your engines tune to a potentially dodgy sensor.

Hopefully this question makes it out of this thread and into AI in general.........

Mighty Car Mods seems to have a lot of success with the Haltech ones?

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

Ferremit posted:

Mighty Car Mods seems to have a lot of success with the Haltech ones?

I'll definitely look into them then.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Go straight for the source, the OEM GM ones are like $50 in the states.
A few people say they don't flow enough for somewhere in the 500hp range I think, in which case you put it on the return line or in parallel with the feed.

pazrs
Mar 27, 2005
Pretty sure the Haltech and the GM ones are just Continental ones with stickers on them. The bodies are definitely the same.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

mafoose posted:

Go straight for the source, the OEM GM ones are like $50 in the states.
A few people say they don't flow enough for somewhere in the 500hp range I think, in which case you put it on the return line or in parallel with the feed.
When you say that, is it a case of they literally create a restriction that limits the flow, or that a flow rate over a certain level messes with the readings and so they're then unsuitable?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Automatic Retard posted:

cuuuuuuuunt

My wife's grandmother calls them thongs. This led to an AMAZING moment in the store when from ten feet away we hear her dear, sweet grandma exclaim "wifename, what size thongs do you wear!?"

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I've heard two things about e85.

The first is it's fantastic for your engine because it's high octane, cools the charge better and provides more torque sooner and increases response of the turbo.

The other I have heard is that flex tunes can be a nightmare to tune properly and shouldn't be trusted for engines tuned within an inch of their life.

I've been thinking about it for my Silvia and I'm not really sure which way to go. I need new injectors anyway to support my new turbo so I'm not sure I can resist. SR20s are cheap I guess?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Automatic Retard posted:

cuuuuuuuunt

Thongs go around dongs, flip flops go on feet. :colbert:

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

Laserface posted:

I've heard two things about e85.

The first is it's fantastic for your engine because it's high octane, cools the charge better and provides more torque sooner and increases response of the turbo.

The other I have heard is that flex tunes can be a nightmare to tune properly and shouldn't be trusted for engines tuned within an inch of their life.

I've been thinking about it for my Silvia and I'm not really sure which way to go. I need new injectors anyway to support my new turbo so I'm not sure I can resist. SR20s are cheap I guess?

Yeah I've heard that flex tunes aren't that trustworthy.
My engine isn't tuned to within an inch of its life though, so maybe it'll be ok?
Just blown and cammed with stock CR, and a really safe tune. I could be making a shitload more power with the mods and money I've spent on it I think.
So I'm thinking it would be quite beneficial in limited racing applications.

I would need bigger injectors, and this thing already drinks fuel in stupid amounts, that's another thing that's worrying me.

Does bigger injectors automatically = more fuel usage? Or does it just mean that you aren't pushing the larger size injectors as hard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

El Scotch posted:

Thongs go around dongs, flip flops go on feet. :colbert:

Naaaaahhhhh. Wrong.

• Locked thread