Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
if you're not familiar with kurt schlichter, i would like to say two things to start:

be glad
i'm sorry

kurt is a journalist in the same way that buzzfeed writers are journalists, except he's somehow more insufferable. recently he released an "article" entitled "What Defeating ISIS Would Look Like", which can easily be described as "a conservative fanfiction screed written by a man who kisses his guns, gives them girl's names, and wrote every single word with his non-dominant hand". the entire article is [HERE] but here are some of the best parts:

quote:

The first wave of 12 B-52H’s emptied their bays of 750-pound dumb bombs directly over the heart of Raqqa, followed by a second wave, then a third. Crack Air Force ground crews were waiting back at the base in Saudi Arabia, and rearmament took less than two hours. Then they headed north again. In 24 hours, Raqqa ceased to exist.

advocating the wholesale slaughter of an entire city full of at least 300,000 innocent people? check.

quote:

On a Florida golf course, the secure cell phone of the retired Marine everyone called “The Wildman” rang, ruining his putt. The Wildman was a legend for his aggression, hence his nickname. President Obama had naturally felt it necessary to replace him with a more pliable, passive CENTCOM commander. He answered, then listened.

now we know where marine todd ended up!

quote:

While the killers in Phoenix and Dallas had been unable to murder more than a half dozen because of armed citizens (police credited dead terrorists to a retired schoolteacher with a Glock 19 and an insurance salesman carrying a Kimber M1911A1), hundreds of defenseless Americans were massacred in gun-free shopping malls in Los Angeles and Chicago.

gun-free zones :argh:

quote:

...he signed a bill cutting all social programs 7% and shifting the savings to the military. The Democrats went ballistic; the President’s approval rating hit 60%.

LIBERALS :argh:

quote:

The Wildman’s Commander’s Intent statement said nothing about winning hearts and minds: “You will attack aggressively in order to destroy all ISIS forces in Iraq and Syria. You will kill all ISIS fighters who do not surrender. Your priority is the destruction of ISIS forces. The safety of civilians is secondary.”

murder is good, civilians are bad

quote:

When the war ended after two months, the President’s popularity was 80% and the final body count was 26,763 ISIS fighters dead. The Islamic State was just a terrible memory. Iran, North Korea, Russia and China all saw and understood that they would need to govern themselves accordingly in the face of a post-Obama America. And it would be years before any terrorist group dared again threaten the United States.

:911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I cant read sorry OP

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

cobain-sama dont' do it

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Where's all the punitive raping of any survivors?

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

skander posted:

Where's all the punitive raping of any survivors?

gotta wait for the sequel

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
lol i like how apparently 80% of the country would support genocide according to this guy

but also they elected Obama for some reason

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
when I play with my army men I always make sure to do really cool sound effects with my mouth, like guns shooting and bombs going off and stuff, and sometimes I do dialog if it's like a dramatic death and his best friend wants to avenge him

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
it is p. cool that he resuscitates obama on the back of a bloodfeud

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

proof of concept posted:

when I play with my army men I always make sure to do really cool sound effects with my mouth, like guns shooting and bombs going off and stuff, and sometimes I do dialog if it's like a dramatic death and his best friend wants to avenge him

so does kurt

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

the hidden implication of this article is an arrow directly to obama's smaug like heart:

THIS is the way to secure your legacy, THIS is the way to be remembered...

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
conservatives are rabid animals that need put down

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N

A misanthrope posted:

conservatives are rabid animals that need put down

Honestly all the fearmongering and propaganda from them post-Paris is reaching levels of hate worse than anything ISIS is putting out.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

l33t b4c0n posted:

Honestly all the fearmongering and propaganda from them post-Paris is reaching levels of hate worse than anything ISIS is putting out.

hm could it be

that was the plan all along???????

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

terrorists are like trolls, who kill people

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
its like a rabid tom clancy

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
another guy who agrees with hitler's methods but thinks he just targeted the wrong people

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
let's be fair he probably thinks The Jews were a problem that had to be put down too

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Other Barry posted:

let's be fair he probably thinks The Jews were a problem that had to be put down too

nah far more likely imo that he thinks jews are to be protected so that jesus hurries back

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.

deep impact on vhs posted:

if you're not familiar with kurt schlichter, i would like to say two things to start:

be glad
i'm sorry

kurt is a journalist in the same way that buzzfeed writers are journalists, except he's somehow more insufferable. recently he released an "article" entitled "What Defeating ISIS Would Look Like", which can easily be described as "a conservative fanfiction screed written by a man who kisses his guns, gives them girl's names, and wrote every single word with his non-dominant hand". the entire article is [HERE] but here are some of the best parts:

advocating the wholesale slaughter of an entire city full of at least 300,000 innocent people? check.

now we know where marine todd ended up!

gun-free zones :argh:

LIBERALS :argh:

murder is good, civilians are bad

:911:

I'm sorry but you need to answer with full sentences to get full credit for this assignment, C-.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

JW on Amazon posted:

There are few books I can go through in a single sitting. There's been an Ann Coulter book, once. Then there was one of the dozens of Glenn Beck books that come out annually. Michelle Malkin's "Culture of Corruption" was another that kept me glued. But it's been a while.

Now Kurt Schlichter's new book comes out and I've found another book that I couldn't put down. A lot of it is a comfortable read since I'm familiar with Kurt's previous works, as well as his active participation with his followers and the leftists on Twitter. He, unlike so many other conservatives, has a good realization of the power we wield with truth. Truths that reveal themselves to individuals as they start to get curious about how they're being lied to.

They ought to read this book. But the title alone is probably too much for them to bear while they're still in the larval stage.

The point is, Kurt puts things into perspective very well. You're going to have to just read it yourself - nary a spoiler in this review. Just know that it's written by someone that understands what progressivism is, and what it is not. He knows that what looks like ineptness is actually intentional and serves as a means to an end.

Buy it. Read it. Tell others.

Keith Glass on Amazon posted:

In many ways, this book is reminiscent of Max Brooks' "World War Z", the same format of looking back, with time passed since the victory.

Except this is not a victory over the Living Dead, but the Voting Dead. A rather compelling collection of vignettes about a more hopeful future, and the resurgence of Constitutional Liberty as the basis for these United States.

Call it, "World War O". . . . (evil grin) And the occasional appearance of faces we know now, in the future, was a nice bonus.

Plus: I devoured it in a single sitting. Not many books can do that. Highly Recommended !!!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The one segment of the insurgency Schlichter overlooks is education: parents seizing control of their children's education by removing them from compulsory school. Parents communicating their decision to other parents spreads the radical idea that parents don't have to accept what the government doles out.

Schlichter talks about running for school board, but not about removing children altogether from the system. This is a strange oversight, considering the growing percentages of American parents making the choice to homeschool. Many would not consider themselves "conservatives" - indeed, many are lefties outraged at the poor quality of the schools and the problems with curriculum, or parents who opt out of school for dietary or vaccination or violence or discipline reasons - they simply want what is best for their children and rightly recognize the obstinate malignancy of the traditional school system in America. And they are right to do so - school choice is a fundamental right of parents.

School bureaucrats want to put more roadblocks in the way of school choice. Through these parents' willingness to sacrifice for their children, they can be approached with the liberty agenda.

I did not intend for this review to be all about homeschool. The book is very good, offering dozens of ways to make common cause with other liberty-minded folk.

Very good novel -- written as a look-back series of interviews. Format resembles "World War Z" by Max Brooks World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War Entertaining and worth buying. Lend it to a friend.

ps - when you hold back an out-of-control entity, you rein it in. R-E-I-N, not r-e-i-g-n. p. 13 and p. 200

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I guarantee he was tenderly stroking himself as he wrote the words about civilians dying

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

nomadologique posted:

that was the plan all along???????

Parisian Jonathan Dogan, re the recent false alarm posted:

Lots of people started running and screaming from the Carillon...tables were overturned, plates shattered. It was a terrible panic. I think people are terrified
Yes, Jonathan, that's why it's called terrorism.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Moola posted:

I cant read sorry OP

I like your AV man

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
some dude wrote a thing, huh

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
thats a lucky find op, a bad op ed. ive been looking for some bad op eds to read but was striking out left right and center. this is very convenient for me.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

wiffle ball bat posted:

thats a lucky find op, a bad op ed. ive been looking for some bad op eds to read but was striking out left right and center. this is very convenient for me.

its exceptionally bad

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Lol at the defense budget even noticing if you shifted 7% from "all social programs" which I'm guessing just means food stamps and planned parenthood in this context anyway

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
This is a brutally boring idea for a thread and it should be relegated to a hypothetical e/n subsubforum called Opheads: More like edi-BORE-ials!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
imo send him to fight ISIS

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

wiffle ball bat posted:

This is a brutally boring idea for a thread and it should be relegated to a hypothetical e/n subsubforum called Opheads: More like edi-BORE-ials!

wouldn't that be a d&d sub

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It is in fact already a thread in D&D

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

loquacius posted:

It is in fact already a thread in D&D

I miss your bors(?) av

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

wow rude posted:

wouldn't that be a d&d sub

Moderation is laxer in e/n so I could just ride by in my Harley and call everyone fags and ride off with my katana dragging the ground leaving a wicked trail of sparks

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

wow rude posted:

I miss your bors(?) av

It was replaced with with two successive :qq: Deflategate rage-avatars until the case was thrown out of court at which point I bought my own :smug: Deflategate avatar

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

loquacius posted:

It was replaced with with two successive :qq: Deflategate rage-avatars until the case was thrown out of court at which point I bought my own :smug: Deflategate avatar

see you fags on sunday imo

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

well at least this wank fiction doesn't involve cartoons. thats a step in the right direction

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I think that maybe because people do things like this guy is advocating, that is part of the reason people become terrorists. It's just an idea I had.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Long Live President Todd Wildman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

wow rude posted:

nah far more likely imo that he thinks jews are to be protected so that jesus hurries back

Jesus will fight on our side in glorious Dabiq you infidel

• Locked thread