Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Machai posted:

we have one that plays at work and at one point they go "merry, merry, merry, merry, merry, merry, merry, merry christmas" and it is very annoying

From the first page, but you cant be referencing carol of the bells can you? I hate most christmas music cuz its all 800 years old and sounds the same but carol of the bells legit owns. Its the most ominous sounding christmas song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Every christmas I put on my green and red fedora and sing a version of Good King Wenceslas where the duke and page die of hypothermia because god doesn't exist.

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

YeahTubaMike posted:

nothing by steel panther is the best anything, they are human garbage

I wish it was possible to convince other people of this. As soon as someone learns I enjoy metal, they start talking about Steel Panther and insist on showing me videos :suicide:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Iron Crowned posted:

I wish it was possible to convince other people of this. As soon as someone learns I enjoy metal, they start talking about Steel Panther and insist on showing me videos :suicide:
personally i enjoy some of Steel Panther's songs, and they seem like a bunch of cool dudes

please don't tell the metal thread though, they already hate me for liking Avenged Sevenfold and Devildriver

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

symbolic posted:

personally i enjoy some of Steel Panther's songs, and they seem like a bunch of cool dudes

please don't tell the metal thread though, they already hate me for liking Avenged Sevenfold and Devildriver

And now I hate you too. How do you feel about Five Finger Death Punch?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Iron Crowned posted:

And now I hate you too. How do you feel about Five Finger Death Punch?
they ruined "House of the Rising Sun", i know that much

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Ugh Starbucks tortured me with 12 days of Christmas as sung by the muppets (good lord) followed by Wonderful Christmas Time, followed by some kind of corporate mandated Christmas rap song.

12 Days of christmas should be banned as a song, but at least when its sung by normal voices its easy to ignore. I keep hearing Mrs. Piggy squealing 'fiiiive golden riiiings' in the back of my mind.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Bismuth posted:

Mrs. Piggy squealing 'fiiiive golden riiiings' in the back of my mind.

Ba dump bump bum

e: And now I'm getting slightly wierded out watching Youtube vids, because my mom had the album but I guess I never saw the TV special they're from. Jim Henson and John Denver are dead and Frank Oz is all bitter and refuses to even do voices anymore so welp. :(

Phobic Nest fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Dec 7, 2015

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

steel panthers music is bad but god drat their shows look hilarious

that one of kelly clarkson going up and singing with them completely shitfaced just slays me

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Bismuth posted:

I keep hearing Mrs. Piggy squealing 'fiiiive golden riiiings' in the back of my mind.

lol. Im so sorry. Its "Ms " btw. The pig is obviously unmarried.

The same drat thing happened to me with "the final countdown". There is this commercial with it thats been playing nonstop and thoughout the day suddenly " doo doo DOO doo! Doodoodoo dewt DOO!" Football starting music starts randomly playing in my head. gently caress! Ill grant that ur piggy problem is infinitely worse though.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Bismuth posted:

12 Days of christmas should be banned as a song, but at least when its sung by normal voices its easy to ignore. I keep hearing Mrs. Piggy squealing 'fiiiive golden riiiings' in the back of my mind.

She doesn't even say "golden" like the syllabic flow of the song goes and how every recording/performing artist has sung it for over two hundred years. She says "GOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLDDDDD" and fucks up the flow.

Like I said in the other thread, Frank Oz can burn in hell for that (but yeah, even the Muppets version of that song is terrible).

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
So, well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHI8M1K2LXs

People make fun of Jingle Cats a lot, and rightfully so, because it's the most ridiculous goddamn thing ever... but my family actually had this in the mid-nineties, and we fuckin' loved the poo poo out of it! Irony didn't exist back then, you see. I've listened to the Meowy Christmas album so many times in my life that if they recorded it with different cat clips, I would notice. I would notice. That one in particular was the first track on the album, so whenever I heard those first few seconds, I got excited for cat noises. :3: My mom still plays it when we're all home for Christmas, and I can't listen to more than a few minutes without going insane, but the fond memories are there.

Now, though, with the marvel of modern technology and youtube, we can enjoy the creepy batshit insane videos they made to go with the songs. This one's even better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvYOm89IcUU

Bismuth posted:

I keep hearing Mrs. Piggy squealing 'fiiiive golden riiiings' in the back of my mind.

Oh, boy, that was another one. My family loved annoying poo poo.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

You Are A Elf posted:

She doesn't even say "golden" like the syllabic flow of the song goes and how every recording/performing artist has sung it for over two hundred years. She says "GOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLDDDDD" and fucks up the flow.

Like I said in the other thread, Frank Oz can burn in hell for that (but yeah, even the Muppets version of that song is terrible).

'gold rings' is the more traditionally accepted lyric.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Someone made a pretty good carol last Christmas music thread

Jingle bells, this thread smells
GBS is gay
op is a human being
and his mother snorts cocaine
(I hate christmas)

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Iron Crowned posted:

seriously, their songs are so loving heinous. crass, unfunny nonsense.

symbolic posted:

:mad:

"bat country" is a fun karaoke song :shobon:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

YeahTubaMike posted:

:mad:

"bat country" is a fun karaoke song :shobon:
see, the thing is, i only really like their album Hail to the King and than a few other select tracks: "Beast and the Harlot", "Afterlife", "Bat Country", and "Critical Acclaim". most of the rest of their discography is trash.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
How has "Santa Claus is coming to town" by Bruce Springsteen not been mentioned?

That poo poo is really really bad.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUCNAnp2QAI

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

NotWearingPants posted:

How has "Santa Claus is coming to town" by Bruce Springsteen not been mentioned?

That poo poo is really really bad.

because it isn't worse than wonderful christmastime. i feel like that's probably the bar.

symbolic posted:

see, the thing is, i only really like their album Hail to the King and than a few other select tracks: "Beast and the Harlot", "Afterlife", "Bat Country", and "Critical Acclaim". most of the rest of their discography is trash.

i really don't feel comfortable defending anything avenged sevenfold ever released tbh

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I just wish Christmas would go away. Maybe just drop the nuke and end the war already so I can be free of all the bad songs and feigned niceness in the name of our corporate overlords.

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

GRR YES THIS SONG loving SUCKSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrvebqA8xdM

This one is also really loving stupid

edit: sleigh ride. god drat motherfucking sleigh ride

Radical and BADical! fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Dec 7, 2015

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Iron Crowned posted:

I just wish Christmas would go away. Maybe just drop the nuke and end the war already so I can be free of all the bad songs and feigned niceness in the name of our corporate overlords.

Hey no, Christmas is really cool, even if there are bad parts. You do not even have to believe in the baby Jesus but still like cool stuff like snow and sparkly trees and holly and family traditions and all the other cool things around Christmastime.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Bring back Saturnalia. Wikipedia tells me it involved roll reversals, which is good, because who doesn't like a nice holiday pegging.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Jingle Cats is a waking nightmare made real by the terrifying power of late 90's computer graphics

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Seriously what the gently caress is wrong with people who keep recording new versions of 12 days of christmas. At least Wonderful Christmas time could be counted as an individual fluke of pure awfulness but there are like hundreds of versions of 12 days of christmas and they all blow.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I worked at Sears in High School and there was a Christmas jingle that was about a minute and a half long promoting their Lands End merchandise and it is probably the worst Christmas-related thing I've ever heard. I don't think they could afford to pay anyone a decent amount of money for a song because not only are the lyrics horseshit but the guy who sang had an awful voice and the melody is still burned into my brain. I still haven't been able to find it outside of that one Christmas I worked and it's probably for the better but I still want to inflict other people with the pain I felt for loving months, day in and day out.

"Seasons greetings from your friends,
Seasons greetings from Lands End"

:smithicide:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bismuth posted:

Seriously what the gently caress is wrong with people who keep recording new versions of 12 days of christmas. At least Wonderful Christmas time could be counted as an individual fluke of pure awfulness but there are like hundreds of versions of 12 days of christmas and they all blow.

I heard one with car-horns the other day at Meijer, somehow that was worse than Jingle Cats

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
what was up with that Bob Dylan christmas album

Iron Crowned posted:

I heard one with car-horns the other day at Meijer, somehow that was worse than Jingle Cats

ha ha ha

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Iron Crowned posted:

:aaa: disgusting

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

thanks alot assbag posted:

it's this one.

King Virtue - Christmas is my Favorite Holiday https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ijjIMMS69k

Mother of gently caress. I overheard this in a Wendy's ONCE and it will NOT leave my brain. Now I have a name to stick on my voodoo doll. Die like a pig in Hell, King Virtue.

E: I also hate "Grown-Up Christmas List".

Senior Woodchuck fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Dec 7, 2015

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

You Are A Elf posted:

Counterpoint: The muppet version actually owns

Bismuth posted:

IMO there are far worse songs that keep getting new covers for some reason. One of those is Sleigh Ride, which is a good instrumental then at some point some rear end in a top hat decided it needed some lovely lyrics and the rest is history.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Paul Shaffer doing Cher singing O Holy Night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPwN14ANp_s

sorry, I thought this was the best christmas song thread.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

raditts posted:

Counterpoint: The muppet version actually owns

IMO there are far worse songs that keep getting new covers for some reason. One of those is Sleigh Ride, which is a good instrumental then at some point some rear end in a top hat decided it needed some lovely lyrics and the rest is history.

Part of what makes 12 days so obnoxious is the repetition and length. If it was 4 or 5 days of christmas I'd be more ok with it.

kyat
Jul 30, 2008
this poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEvGKUXW0iI

and this poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhBmT72pvSw

I don't appreciate Daves verbal abuse

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
I just learned that this exists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZkW3eMdjNc

It's really, really bad.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes
What's the consensus of the Twisted Sister Christmas album. Haven't heard it in about 10 or so years but the me back then kinda liked it.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
The drat local radio station keeps playing Peanuts music. Not Vince Guaraldi's Charlie Brown Christmas theme, but his Linus and Lucy that's universally known as "that Charlie Brown music."

Still better than the umpteenth version of the same few songs that are way longer than they have any right to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I was introduced to this work of art today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEqHPjiP7Pk

Phobic Nest posted:

The drat local radio station keeps playing Peanuts music. Not Vince Guaraldi's Charlie Brown Christmas theme, but his Linus and Lucy that's universally known as "that Charlie Brown music."

Still better than the umpteenth version of the same few songs that are way longer than they have any right to be.

Linus and Lucy was written for the Christmas special and is on the album, so it technically passes muster.

• Locked thread