Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

SoapyTarantula posted:

Spent a week trying to figure out why my mods weren't working after the game updated. Tried reinstalling everything, including the game. Even waited for F4SE to update and that still didn't work. Then I hear about plugins.txt arbitrarily needing an asterisk in front of every mod now, try that and everything works. :shepicide: Now if I could just get Mod Organizer to stop going "holy poo poo nothing is enabled" and clearing the plugins file despite it being read-only every time I launch it that would be great.

Having to go back and edit plugins.txt with those asterisks every time I want to play is still not the most unfun part of modding this game.

I have no idea how how Mod Organizer works, but could this really simple plugin manager be a temporary solution?
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13671/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoapyTarantula
Jun 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I was using the latest stable version of MO, updating to the beta version off github rather than the nexus seems to have fixed it. Thanks.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
I don't know if this makes me bad or something, but NMM has been great for me so far. No plugins nonsense or anything like that.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Man, I sure do like WOTC but it makes me crash at completely random times. I've tested it a bunch and I could indoors, outdoors, in a settlement or in a field and about once a session it'll just blip back to desktop.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Annoyingly this new threads name thing really is bugging me. Doesn't Hancock have some sort of profound quote in the game about free people being natural gently caress up's or something. if so, I'd just use that.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

SeanBeansShako posted:

Annoyingly this new threads name thing really is bugging me. Doesn't Hancock have some sort of profound quote in the game about free people being natural gently caress up's or something. if so, I'd just use that.

Fallout 4 Modding: By the people, for the people. You feel me?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Rasmussen posted:

Fallout 4 Modding: By the people, for the people. You feel me?

You know, this one actually kind of works. If this can't be topped I'll just use that.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

With that a great wrong has been righted.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

SeanBeansShako posted:

You know, this one actually kind of works. If this can't be topped I'll just use that.
There are also plenty of eligible quotes in the thread you could use if you wanted to. Here are some ideas picked out from the last few pages.

Inzombiac posted:

Yeah but is there a Dogmeat butthole armor mod?

Saint Sputnik posted:

that rear end in a top hat took it down out of spite too.

Colon Semicolon posted:

yeah uh this mod is now hidden and i'm very angry right now.

graynull posted:

"This mod requires 'Rockin' Knockers 1.5.2', 'Butthole Blast 3.1' and 'Immersive Giant Clits 0.3+'"

Richard Bong posted:

try and explain why stealing mods is bad but piracy isn't.

graynull posted:

Now imagine how much fun this would be if all this stupid horseshit was monetized.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I have sniped the new thread:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779393&pagenumber=1#lastpost

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

SoapyTarantula posted:

Spent a week trying to figure out why my mods weren't working after the game updated. Tried reinstalling everything, including the game. Even waited for F4SE to update and that still didn't work. Then I hear about plugins.txt arbitrarily needing an asterisk in front of every mod now, try that and everything works. :shepicide: Now if I could just get Mod Organizer to stop going "holy poo poo nothing is enabled" and clearing the plugins file despite it being read-only every time I launch it that would be great.

Having to go back and edit plugins.txt with those asterisks every time I want to play is still not the most unfun part of modding this game.

Make sure you're running MO as admin always.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

SeanBeansShako posted:

Isn't that weapons rebalance in the OP already? if not, I'll put yours in above it.

I really do hope this modding drama doesn't make every Nexus modder in a paranoid wreck because being laid back sharing your assets and code can really make some fantastic projects.

uh-huh! WBO is mine. I also have a number of other convenience mods though - you probably don't need to include the carryweight one since it's one modav away from being irrelevant, but stuff like controlling Legendary Enemy Spawning or Create Your Own Difficulty might be worth including.

This is all shameless self promotion though, the lot of them are available here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/users/2177762/?tb=mods&pUp=1

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Oh.

So uh, want this mod list I am making?

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jun 9, 2016

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

SoapyTarantula posted:

There should also be some mod somewhere that automates it with a .bat file, can't find it in my list of downloads or I'd link it. Didn't realize the latest version of ModOrg does it correctly, I gave up when it hosed up my mod order and nothing worked right anyway and I went back to an older version. My only issue now is that the mod enabling only seems to "take" every other time.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

The Iron Rose posted:

uh-huh! WBO is mine. I also have a number of other convenience mods though - you probably don't need to include the carryweight one since it's one modav away from being irrelevant, but stuff like controlling Legendary Enemy Spawning or Create Your Own Difficulty might be worth including.

This is all shameless self promotion though, the lot of them are available here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/users/2177762/?tb=mods&pUp=1

Oh awesome, I love WBO, I was able to actually use pipe weapons past the first few levels. I usually pass them by before I can get enough perk points to mod them.

I was tinkering, with the WBO as a guide of sorts, during my first shaky steps into modding and I was wondering why you added all the 518s on the 10mm mods on the property - form Id,int? I'm using FO4edit if that matters.

I have no idea what half this stuff means so for future reference what does this change?

Also do you guys just kind of find this stuff out by screwing with it or is there any good documentation somewhere?

Fake edit: to be clear I'm not trying to just change your values and call it mine or something, I'm just trying to learn by seeing what the mods I use actually do.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Richard Bong posted:

Oh awesome, I love WBO, I was able to actually use pipe weapons past the first few levels. I usually pass them by before I can get enough perk points to mod them.

I was tinkering, with the WBO as a guide of sorts, during my first shaky steps into modding and I was wondering why you added all the 518s on the 10mm mods on the property - form Id,int? I'm using FO4edit if that matters.

I have no idea what half this stuff means so for future reference what does this change?

Also do you guys just kind of find this stuff out by screwing with it or is there any good documentation somewhere?

Fake edit: to be clear I'm not trying to just change your values and call it mine or something, I'm just trying to learn by seeing what the mods I use actually do.

No worries! Per the 518s, that was merely me copying over vanilla values as reported by FO4Edit - to be entirely honest I have absolutely no idea what that does.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

New thread is is up and picking up, mods feel free to close this one with the appropriate video.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

The Iron Rose posted:

No worries! Per the 518s, that was merely me copying over vanilla values as reported by FO4Edit - to be entirely honest I have absolutely no idea what that does.

OK awesome thanks for the reply.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I will close this and give it a suitable fanfare when I return home. :)

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Mental Midget posted:

I'd be interested to know how many times these XBone mods are actually even being downloaded and used. We're like 6 months after release, wouldn't it be safe to say that anyone who had even a remote interest in modding the game would have done so already on PC?

Hahaha no. The mod kit was just released, we won't even start seeing really complex mods for another month or two.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

We gonna close this thread since the new one is up?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mods take a couple months to make well, and the crazy complex stuff will be coming out for years to come. It took the guy who made in game motorcycles for Fallout New Vegas like 4 years after release, and even then he worked on it for like 6 or 7 months, with even more in bug fixing.

You will have a flyable vertibird in game, if it's not in already and it will be awesome af.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I want a drivable APC, with Automatron level customization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779393
Please redirect all modding to here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsxhlRCFc8o

• Locked thread