Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buddha_beatnik
May 17, 2010
Ken Ham, the founder of the Creation 'Museum' ( http://creationmuseum.org/ ), is desperately trying to drum up even more funds for his Ark Park.

He is obsessed with trying to establish his museum as a legitimate source of real science - yeah, riiiiight...- , resulting in having his rear end handed back to him when he 'debated' Bill Nye in a televised showdown .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nou5wWKKC1w

Well, Hamalamadingdong has now challenged Mythbuster's Adam Savage to debunk the 'molecules to man' bullpucky that the Creation 'Museum' insists is how evolution works by inviting him to another 'debate'.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/danthropology/2015/11/ken-ham-challenges-mythbusters-adam-savage-to-visit-the-creation-museum/

Should Adam accept the 'challenge' or tell teh Hamster to bugger off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
pretty cool of this guy to build a park for me

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
im not sure about alot of words you used in there - gonna placehold if thats ok with the mods:confused: brb

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
the guy is a charlatan and any kind of response just serves to give him more publicity

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Pitdragon posted:

the guy is a charlatan and any kind of response just serves to give him more publicity

look whos talking. lol. anywhos ---->

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

By debating these clowns it gives the impression that there's something to debate. He should just publicly denounce his quackery and not do the debate.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
this is a scam fyi

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
spider?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

President Ark posted:

I'm legit envious

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
He should have just peddled his idea to the Jesus theme park in Orlando and turned the ark into a huge waterslide imo

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Tarkus posted:

By debating these clowns it gives the impression that there's something to debate. He should just publicly denounce his quackery and not do the debate.
This is basically what the bill nye debate proved. Ken ham is like the best of dnd regulars and will divert any genuine argument over an actual point directly into an ideological swamp where everything is murky and it becomes all about phrasing rather than substance.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Tarkus posted:

yep. it's like getting into a poo poo pit wrestling contest with a hog. you both end up covered in poo poo whoever "wins," and the hog couldn't be happier.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
you know what we should teach in science classes? that thing that is by definition not a valid scientific theory

and hey cool a science museum solely about that thing that is literally not science at all

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

gary oldmans diary posted:

you know what we should teach in science classes? that thing that is by definition not a valid scientific theory

and hey cool a science museum solely about that thing that is literally not science at all

how do you know. were you there? (literally a creationist retort they think is a mic-drop worthy fatality move)

http://www.icr.org/article/670/88/

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I think last names that are food are pretty funny

"The name McIlroy comes from a long line of folk from the ilroy valley, where my ancestors struck a decisive blow against the northern invaders. What about yours?"

"My great-grandfather ate a lot of ham. Like, a lot"

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Son of Rodney posted:

I think last names that are food are pretty funny

"The name McIlroy comes from a long line of folk from the ilroy valley, where my ancestors struck a decisive blow against the northern invaders. What about yours?"

"My great-grandfather ate a lot of ham. Like, a lot"
The Sweatschlong-Stinknuts clan is a proud people with a rich heritage.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Everyone laughed at Noah as he built his ark and now look at him, they all think he's a righteous dude. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Mad Monk posted:

Everyone laughed at Noah as he built his ark and now look at him, they all think he's a righteous dude. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him.

He's dead. Great logic here.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I went to the creation museum. It was pretty bad. My high school science teacher used Ken Ham's Answers in Genesis for our classes a lot. That was also bad.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

President Ark posted:

:eyepop:

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play

ArbitraryC posted:

This is basically what the bill nye debate proved. Ken ham is like the best of dnd regulars and will divert any genuine argument over an actual point directly into an ideological swamp where everything is murky and it becomes all about phrasing rather than substance.

Also known as the "gish gallop", named after another creationist.

Also I don't think Adam Savage is particularly known as someone who has extensive knowledge of evolution, but as a guy who makes stuff? Guess that's why Ham wants to debate him, as he'll be able to pull out nonsense arguments that someone with actual expertise in the matter would be able to refute.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Pretty funny to be named Ken Ham tbh

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
Where does all the money he get go?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Windows 98 posted:

He's dead. Great logic here.

Also I'm pretty sure he got drunk and hosed his daughters. Or they hosed him. Or something.

Or maybe that was Abraham? Lotta hosed up loving going on in the bible.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I went to the creation museum. It was pretty bad. My high school science teacher used Ken Ham's Answers in Genesis for our classes a lot. That was also bad.

Please stop giving money to creationists, no matter how ironically

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Rumor has it that he does not loving love science

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

President Ark posted:

lol steven universe av

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Ken Ham should debate Jeff Dunham with his puppets

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Science! I keel you!

scuba school sucks fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Nov 20, 2015

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Ken-Ham....Dot Com!

NotSockAccount
Nov 18, 2015

by Lowtax
Ken Ham should debate other creationist so that he can further validate this belief ans gain more follower. There can only be one! [insert Highlander.jpg.]

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I was going to go once, but then I saw that it was like $30 a ticket, and I was like "gently caress giving $60 to this bullshit," and went to the Newport Aquarium instead for $25 a ticket. I got to pet sharks :3:

Apparently they have free admission on Christmas day, I'd go if I was going to be in town at that time.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I wonder what their justification is for making their employees work on Christmas.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I wonder what their justification is for making their employees work on Christmas.

jesus didn't take time off, what do you think he was, some sort of commie? get back to work!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Honey Baked Ken Ham

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
If Ken Ham was smart he'd have a follower affect a rabid atheist persona on the internet for a while to gain notoriety then stage a debate with him where he makes the guy look like an idiot that's mad at god for his dog dying when he was 14 or whatever it is christians believe about atheists

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
this bill nye character dresses like a fool.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Pitdragon posted:

If Ken Ham was smart he'd have a follower affect a rabid atheist persona on the internet for a while to gain notoriety then stage a debate with him where he makes the guy look like an idiot that's mad at god for his dog dying when he was 14 or whatever it is christians believe about atheists

I believe you are vastly overestimating this man's intellect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Pitdragon posted:

Who do you think Bill Nye is?

• Locked thread