Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Thauros posted:

Not that I'm doubting that they'd do something as stupid as a timebuy in 205 when they can't even sell tickets, but where does that info come from? There was nothing on that in the Observe.

Only that Paragon Pro was paying for time, so it's assumed that TNA is as well. The Observer hasn't even reported on the POP news yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

Only that Paragon Pro was paying for time, so it's assumed that TNA is as well. The Observer hasn't even reported on the POP news yet.

No, but they were mentioned along with WGN as the two networks they were negotiating with. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit, but I can believe they'd at least not have to but the slot due to having much more of a name and a record of at least drawing a fairly decent amount of viewers in the past. Doubt they're getting much if at all though.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

WrasslorMonkey posted:

tna-website.png

I like it better than the current Impact branding

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."
Impact on Poop TV sounds about right

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Thauros posted:

No, but they were mentioned along with WGN as the two networks they were negotiating with. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit, but I can believe they'd at least not have to but the slot due to having much more of a name and a record of at least drawing a fairly decent amount of viewers in the past. Doubt they're getting much if at all though.

My theory is that their India deal (somewhere in the neighborhood of $1.5M/y) would cover a timebuy and maybe keep the company afloat if it were stripped almost bare. Not sure what POP would charge for carriage, though if PPW could afford it, maybe not that much?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I like that POP TV also has reruns of Wings

Tonight on Wings!....ah, who cares

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm glad this show is premiering two days after Wrestle Kingdom X so we can directly compare them.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

TNA lies in its hospital bed. No arms. No legs. No eyes. Most of its face blown off. Only the mind and vital organs remain. Every moment is a nightmare of pain and darkness. It uses its strength to bang its head into the wall. It's morse code.

"KILL ME. KILL ME."

Dixie Carter understands the request, but ignores it. She leaves the room, choosing to go find Bram and offer him a new contract.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Unusually Thicke
http://poptv.com/shows

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

what the gently caress I thought Paul F Tompkins made that show up

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

what the gently caress I thought Paul F Tompkins made that show up

Me too! Maybe this channel is one giant prank.

From a Mecca poster:

quote:

bartman • 17 minutes ago
Personally I'm not happy about the move. I only have the channel in SD and the TV Guide takes up over half the screen. I don't know if I will be able to watch it, and the picture is horrible. I might be better off watching online because looking at the picture and the guide screams 2nd rate to me. Literally only like a third of the screen is the program and not the guide or the barriers on top and the sides.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Man it'll be great. 1/3 of the screen will be the TNA feed, then 1/4 of that will be a scrolling twitter bar filled with employees tweeting how great the show is

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I thought it was over, I thought we were safe :negative:

elf help book posted:

JUST DIE ALREADY

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Gavok posted:

TNA lies in its hospital bed. No arms. No legs. No eyes. Most of its face blown off. Only the mind and vital organs remain. Every moment is a nightmare of pain and darkness. It uses its strength to bang its head into the wall. It's morse code.

"KILL ME. KILL ME."

Dixie Carter understands the request, but ignores it. She leaves the room, choosing to go find Bram and offer him a new contract.

somebody could take one by metallica and change it to be about tna and you really wouldn't lose the meaning of it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

WrasslorMonkey posted:

tna-website.png

Mother of God.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

If EY doesn't make poopypants baby tweets about Big Dave then he will get cut off from cucking Serg

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Mob posted:

If EY doesn't make poopypants baby tweets about Big Dave then he will get cut off from cucking Serg

you'd think he'd be able to find someone similar to dixie and gently caress off from tna with all that animal planet money

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I'm not going to watch tna

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

oatgan posted:

I'm not going to watch tna

Then get out of the TNA thread, go read some Shave Sheltzer shitsheets why don't you

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

squirtsheets

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Mob posted:

squirtsheets

This doesn't work. It's too clever.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Tuesday Night Wars

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
TNA sucks.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

frankenfreak posted:

That will only happen when they can't pay anymore. Which, come to think of it, might actually not be that improbable.

They were several weeks late on payroll multiple times last year, so...

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.

From Wikipedia: "The second season was titled Unusually Thicke: Under Construction and moved to HGTV Canada, as it centres on Thicke and his family doing a renovation project on their home."

I want to watch this (but only with Paul F. Thompkins in the role of Thicke).

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Billy Corgan stands at the head of a table, places his hands on the surface and leans forward. "Ladies and Gentlemen, I have three words for you: Local. Cable. Access."

Dixie Carter leans over to John Gaburick and whispers admiringly,"We need to give him a raise."

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
TNA run as a gonzo local public access show is something I would watch at least once.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

skaboomizzy posted:

TNA run as a gonzo local public access show is something I would watch at least once.

WE JUST NEED weird al

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
A King of the Mountain match where the winner gets to drink from the fire hose!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Golden Bee posted:

A King of the Mountain match where the winner gets to drink from the fire hose!

Not sure how comfortable I feel with the Bobby Lashley/Michael Richards feud.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Yeah, I'm now convinced TNA will never die.

The fact that Lucha Underground had to scrape together a second season while TNA just goes from crap channel to crap channel saddens me to no end.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

At least this secures Bram's multi year contract.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

PPW looks pretty good in a camp, fun way.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Will Dixie make it to 2016 without talking poo poo about her new channel in an email she sends to the wrong person?

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.
This is the first time I've ever heard of "POP TV."

TNN's slogan around the time they had WWE and the original ECW was "We've Got Pop!" :tinfoil:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Illinois Smith posted:

Will Dixie make it to 2016 without talking poo poo about her new channel in an email she sends to the wrong person?

There are so many holes in this boat that I think it's inevitable. Without irony this is all the same as last year, when the zealots were all 'oh it's a small network but it's owned/operated by a GIGANTIC one!' 'They're really gonna promote the product this time!' 'They're gonna give TNA all sorts of other programming!'

When they start pulling 300K's again the demented emails will start.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Gnome Enthusiast posted:

This is the first time I've ever heard of "POP TV."

Same here. I had to go through my cable listings three times before I found it.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

flashy_mcflash posted:

There are so many holes in this boat that I think it's inevitable. Without irony this is all the same as last year, when the zealots were all 'oh it's a small network but it's owned/operated by a GIGANTIC one!' 'They're really gonna promote the product this time!' 'They're gonna give TNA all sorts of other programming!'

When they start pulling 300K's again the demented emails will start.

I don't think they'll even get 300k for their premiere, and it'll only get worse from there.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
TNA can't die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

TNA can't die.

Of course not, they keep redefining what living is.

• Locked thread