Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is it still going on or not?

And what happened to the Star Citizen thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
They released it and it was decent but were all playing fallout 4 now

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
All the Star Citizens died at the Bataclan

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its still not a game, OP

also it will never be a game

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Wrong kind of RAM

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

:gary::gary::gary: haha lol :gary: paaaarp :gary: space court XD

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Nirvikalpa posted:

Is it still going on or not?
serious answer: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/project-status

better answer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66F2-af-0dU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc7ywfd1qe8

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
How big of an island can you buy for 100 mil anyway?

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

veedubfreak posted:

How big of an island can you buy for 100 mil anyway?

this ones for sale for 110 mill, maybe they could be talked down

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Op I hate to break the bad news, but everyone involved died. I too lust for death, and soon :(

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Nirvikalpa posted:

And what happened to the Star Citizen thread?

It's literally the top thread in games

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Regrettable posted:

It's literally the top thread in games

Is the suicide hotline still there?

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
It's still a huge scam targeting the wish-fulfillment of nerds. It will either never be made and the company will go bankrupt, or it will come out years from now and be laughably mediocre.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Nirvikalpa posted:

Is the suicide hotline still there?

No, almost everyone in the thread has given up on it coming out and gotten refunds. Derek Smart still posts in it daily and apparently doxxed a handicapped kid not too long ago, though.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Barebacked Charlie Sheen

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

e: nevermind

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Nov 19, 2015

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Nothing happened to Chris Roberts' Star Citizen (and Squadron 42)

It just turns out that creating the worlds most complex and detailed MMO takes some time. The trolls just hate Chris just like they hate everyone who's successful. GTA 5 took 6 years to make yet I haven't heard anyone complain about Rockstar being a bad developer. Sure, there's been some bumps in the road but that happens with all big and forward looking projects. The bottom line is this: at the end of the day you can trust Chris to create a revolutionary space MMO. It might not happen today, it might not happen tomorrow, but it's gonna happen. Great things will come.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

kikkelivelho posted:

It just turns out that creating the worlds most complex and detailed MMO takes some time. The trolls just hate Chris just like they hate everyone who's successful. GTA 5 took 6 years to make yet I haven't heard anyone complain about Rockstar being a bad developer. Sure, there's been some bumps in the road but that happens with all big and forward looking projects. The bottom line is this: at the end of the day you can trust Chris to create a revolutionary space MMO. It might not happen today, it might not happen tomorrow, but it's gonna happen. Great things will come.

I believe this to be good and true. So say we all.

NotSockAccount
Nov 18, 2015

by Lowtax
Do people really play games like these (EVE online, this)? I mean do they just play to make Real Life money or do they legitimately like the game play?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
More like Shart Shitizen.

kikkelivelho posted:

For the amount of money sunk into this thing they could have made the game by now.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

NotSockAccount posted:

Do people really play games like these (EVE online, this)? I mean do they just play to make Real Life money or do they legitimately like the game play?

most people only play poo poo like EVE and Elite because those are the only games on the market. Tbh most of these pre- Star Citizen MMOs and space games are pretty drat basic. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the player base moves to SC the moment it releases. Can't really blame these people either. After years of mediocre poo poo it's not surprising that Star Citizen attracts such a following

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Applewhite posted:

For the amount of money sunk into this thing they could have made the game by now.
Well, it isn't like money just magically equals faster. But they should never have given the timeline they did, and they probably shouldn't have given any timeline until a good year or so in given how much the scope of that poo poo changed with more money. I think they genuinely didn't expect to be as good at taking money as they were though.

Oh god I made a serious post about SC, I fell for it :downsgun:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

kikkelivelho posted:

i trust chris not to gently caress this up, and I look forward to playing his game when it's on a 95% holiday discount in the shovelware section of Steam

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Gilganixon posted:

i trust chris not to gently caress this up, and I look forward to playing his game when it's on a 95% holiday discount in the shovelware section of Steam

Star Citizen is a self-contained product with it's own launcher, so it probably won't appear on Steam. Also, while it is you right to wait for a discount I do hope you will end up buying at full price and thus rewarding a developer who actually cares about their game.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

kikkelivelho posted:

So how many thousands do you have tied up in SC?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
even if they do ever finish star citizen and somehow magically do everything they promise, the game will still suck rear end because to get the best stuff you need to be a turbonerd who spends literal thousands of dollars on fake videogame spaceships that dont exist

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004

Gammatron 64 posted:

even if they do ever finish star citizen and somehow magically do everything they promise, the game will still suck rear end because to get the best stuff you need to be a turbonerd who spends literal thousands of dollars on fake videogame spaceships that dont exist

And an addition $3,000 on a hotas setup and computer capable of playing it in VR.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

veedubfreak posted:

So how many thousands do you have tied up in SC?

There's no shame in spending tens of thousands of dollars to support realistic video game space ship toilets

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9iH4Gp11W4

Karl L
Nov 9, 2015

I spent money on an image and a few lines of text.
Not enough people bought the $500 spaceships.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Never mind that, is "not-terraria in space" the name of which I forget fun yet? Is it still happening?

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVw5mnRI8Zw

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

kikkelivelho posted:

sloppy wet blowjob noises

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I look forward to this thing completely failing and watching nerds cry

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
whoever is the new mod i beg you, or any mod, or literally anyone reading this post, please gas this poo poo now

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Who is the Star Citizen? is it me?

NotSockAccount
Nov 18, 2015

by Lowtax

dad gay. so what posted:

whoever is the new mod i beg you, or any mod, or literally anyone reading this post, please gas this poo poo now

I bet you're kicking yourself for buying that $3,500 spaceship, I know I am. :suicide:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

star citizenship should be punishable by banning imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Yeah, I guess you goons are looking really silly right about now. 2.0 released to the PTU and no signs that this project is failing like some of you claim. Even Mark loving Hamil is hyped and said he trusts Chris to make the best game of the current generation (HALO 2 still GOAT).

Here's my advice to anyone who still has some sense left in them: swallow your misplaced pride and buy a package now before the game releases and you'll be set for a loving decade. 11 / 10 IGN

• Locked thread