Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
no dont

el spider was threatening to ban me for posting about a Salon article!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
This got gassed, don't expect much

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3752229

And yeah el spider whining in leper colony lmao

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
Lowtax is good. Spider posted "lol" in gbs hundreds of times. That is his main contribution. Good riddance imo.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Professor Shark posted:

link to the meltdown please

The meltdown was in the Leper's Colony.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php

El Spider was on probation, but was still able to probate others. So he was able to speak from beyond the grave through their probate messages.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Someone predicted he would only last a few days in the other thread about GBS's new mod.

He probated DGSW that should be a bannable offense right there.

JB50 fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Nov 19, 2015

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Professor Shark posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php start about 9 down and work your way up

fwiw i lost a lot of money on spider, I had him lasting until week 2 december

E: beat

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
^^well, poo poo

Gilganixon posted:

and then a fullscale meltdown after one day on the job.

you cant just say this and not link, gently caress man

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
he probably shouldn't have made bad decisions, that was his biggest issue

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Who even was that guy? What subforum did he post in? The only posts I ever saw before he became mod was him asking to be mod.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

JB50 posted:

He probated DGSW that should be a bannable offense right there.

dad gay so what needs slapping around occasionally, to remain humble

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Moon Atari posted:

Who even was that guy? What subforum did he post in? The only posts I ever saw before he became mod was him asking to be mod.

the spider forum

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

m....mods?!

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Weak, really loving weak.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Also wasn't his last act of revenge to lash out and randomly probate Dad Gay? Lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Captain Yossarian posted:

Also wasn't his last act of revenge to lash out and randomly probate Dad Gay? Lol

Only to use him as a platform from which to shout into the void

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Captain Yossarian posted:

Weak, really loving weak.

agreed

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

this is unacceptable, you should really know better

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
did anyone get a screenshot? the banlist seems to be down

edit: never mind lol

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Professor Shark posted:

he started randomly probating people after he got probated in a misguided attempt to communicate

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

Gilganixon posted:

This thread is for sincere GBS support of our fallen brother who was led astray and banned.
Keep mod sass out of it, please. I don't want us derailed like the last thread. The fact is one spider got banned for some shabby modding decisions and then a fullscale meltdown after one day on the job. Hilarious, but unfair. One mod got permabanned. Should he have been banned? No. Probated for 6 hours or a day?? Probably.

So I ask you in all Sincerity Mr. Lowtax;

Let our Spider go

Just throwin' this out there - because I don't think he's a bad dude, just probably not the right fit for modding GBS. He was originally just probated, and then chose to use the Leper's Colony as a way to ask why, instead of emailing Lowtax directly.

So add that to already having to be talked to about his moderation previously in the week, then posting in (twice), a racist thread instead of gassing it, ...I think something had to be done. Permaban? Maybe not. I'm glad I'm not in charge of this stuff.
This has been one idiot's opinion.
>farts

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

loquacius posted:

Only to use him as a platform from which to shout into the void

I'm sorry I have to probate you because I usually scroll past your posts. HEllo again, just me El Spider, the GBS moderator. I appear to have committed a crime I did not know existed? Please forgive me for not followijg the detailed mandate I was given for modding the GBS forum. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

:laffo:

LadyAmbien posted:

Just throwin' this out there - because I don't think he's a bad dude, just probably not the right fit for modding GBS. He was originally just probated, and then chose to use the Leper's Colony as a way to ask why, instead of emailing Lowtax directly.

So add that to already having to be talked to about his moderation previously in the week, then posting in (twice), a racist thread instead of gassing it, ...I think something had to be done. Permaban? Maybe not. I'm glad I'm not in charge of this stuff.

I think he should not have been made mod but I have nothing against the guy aside from the things he did while he was a mod .if anything the meltdown was a plus

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

LadyAmbien posted:

why WAS he probated anyway?

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
long time lurker in garbash. but lol lowtax. just let gbs be. it's gone to poo poo since every funny poster has been banned the last few weeks. now most funny posts are about the banned funny posters. and guess what, that isnt funny and no one gives a poo poo about your foru politic s lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

LadyAmbien posted:

>farts

Rick' should make you mod

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
do this but with bans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3Uy9wsfkok

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

Xaris posted:

Rick' should make you mod

I love my man, Rick.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

LadyAmbien posted:

I love my man, Rick.

we all do. he is our leader.

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
in a way we could say you say we are all there with you in sprit every third wednesday when you do your marital duties because we all love our dead gay webmaster

edit: that was addressed to dgsw to be clear i think it's possible lady ambien ALSO does sex with tax

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

LadyAmbien posted:

I love my man, Rick.

do you ever call him Dick? you know, like Dick Cheney, no relationship at all for the colloquial term for male genitalia

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

Moon Atari posted:

FYAD tard

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

Other Barry posted:

i think it's possible lady ambien ALSO does sex with tax

I wish.

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

Xaris posted:

do you ever call him Dick? you know, like Dick Cheney, no relationship at all for the colloquial term for male genitalia

I don't - his father's name is Dick so it would get confusing. I sometimes call him Richard when I'm trying to be a sass mouth.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

dad gay. so what posted:

we all do. he is our leader.

Thought you was probated?! :confused:

Scrolls must've given you ability to post while probated.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol @ forums partisanship

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

suck my tiny dick and huge balls el spider

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
i thought that the horrendous moderation was a GBS tradition and was done "ironically" or whatevre

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Kuato posted:

Thought you was probated?! :confused:

Scrolls must've given you ability to post while probated.

the scrolls made me immune to a lot of petty human maladies. plus im glowing right now

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

The Kraken posted:

He's free now more than ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes

dad gay. so what posted:

the scrolls made me immune to a lot of petty human m'ladies

• Locked thread