Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

dad gay. so what posted:

the scrolls made me immune to a lot of petty human maladies. plus im glowing right now

more like m'ladays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I wish if was gnarly instead

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial
too many stickies, not enough web :troll:

also it looks like he was P-banned for probating gay dad, lol

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Godspeed El Spider

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
who will help me carry him

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I chatted with El Spider and he seems cool and genuinely distraught (idk if that's the right word) about the misunderstanding - he wants Lowtax to know he didn't mean to make him or his lady angry.

For what it's worth.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

stay safe poverty spider

e: free El Spider

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I do think, personally, a permaban is a bit harsh imo.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So from my understanding el spider poo poo posted in a poo poo thread and I guess that's permaban land?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Volume posted:

So from my understanding el spider poo poo posted in a poo poo thread and I guess that's permaban land?

no

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
he wasnt very good and i dont remember him posting in gbs before his modship

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
He probated dudes while on probation and used the leper's colony to communicate. And he took modding GBS seriously enough to post in a thread titled friend of the family while a half hour previous probated Applewhite for a story about spearing a pig to death in a grocery store. Autism is the only answer

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Volume posted:

Sequence of events:

- Probating people a little harshly, is told to calm down (idk if he was directly told I'm just going off what LadyAmbien said in a post that was 'hey chill out a bit :)' iirc)

- Probates someone for posting an image with no text

- Posts an image with no text in a thread he should have gassed. Lowtax probates him for 3 days going 'hey, you just probated people for this!'

- Probates people in attempt to talk to Lowtax (you can see the previous 3 probates by him right before his permaban in the Leper's Colony for yourself)

- This finally angers Lowtax, is permabanned.

However apparently the practice of using probate reasons to write messages to other mods is a Thing in BYOB (as far as I was told in QCS) so imo this is all learning curve stuff and misunderstanding.

De-modding maybe was warranted, I agree the permaban is a little harsh. But oh well.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
You know how there's that urban legend or factoid or whatever about how you eat so many spiders per day in your sleep? Well I guess you could say there will always be a little spider in all of us.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I think "joke" probating people is wrong, personally. Not everyone spends a lot of time on the internet, some only once a week, and to get probated during that one time as a joke is kinda bad and not very respectable!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Poetic Justice posted:

I think "joke" probating people is wrong, personally. Not everyone spends a lot of time on the internet, some only once a week, and to get probated during that one time as a joke is kinda bad and not very respectable!

I agree and I think it is something that BYOB and FYAD do (which is fine for them) but it doesn't really mesh with GBS all that well.

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
maybe dct should have used his position as ambassador of a pastel forum to explain to lowtax that it was not malicious and that he needs to 'get' byob culture

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

Moridin920 posted:

I chatted with El Spider and he seems cool and genuinely distraught (idk if that's the right word) about the misunderstanding - he wants Lowtax to know he didn't mean to make him or his lady angry.

For what it's worth.

Spider Dude! For what it's worth, (not much), I'm not angry at all! I mean, I understand why the probating/banning happened, but I'm sure if he wrote Rich an email he'd be happy to talk to him

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Maybe dct should have chilled out since the permaban would have/will likely been/be downgraded anyway.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

To be honest I liked spider and he always came across as the foreign guy that doesn't quite get the English jokes but likes to laugh when other people are laughing, and also he's you're supervisor now somehow for the time being, but then a few days later someone more permanent comes in and you're like "You know, that guy wasn't so bad, but I'm glad he's not in charge of me any more"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LadyAmbien posted:

Spider Dude! For what it's worth, (not much), I'm not angry at all! I mean, I understand why the probating/banning happened, but I'm sure if he wrote Rich an email he'd be happy to talk to him

Only chatted with him briefly before he had to go but if I see him I'll let him know! I'm sure someone else will see this first and get to it before me though.

He doesn't expect to be a mod again or anything like that as far as I could tell, he just wanted no bad blood.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

professor shark effortlessly outing himself as a racist

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

professor shark effortlessly outing himself as a racist

Nah, it's just from too many sitcoms I think

Edit: Unless you're talking about my yogurt thread??

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I was really hoping spider was one of the GBS 31. One who hasn't re-regged from that purge. One who could easily mod one-handed and knows how to take a burn. Goddamn I miss that guy.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Poetic Justice posted:

i think there's no harm in handing out a hot six to trash people like nooner and social vegan et al so long as they're in on the joke to some extent

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Went through El Spider's body of work and he seems like a stupid bitch. Probably any OP he would make I would remind him that he's a stupid bitch but unfortunately I did not see many of his dumb posts in GBS.

Unprobate dad gay, so what. His posts are the best (on drugs).

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

dad gay, so what is GBS's John Candy

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Dave_Indeed posted:

Went through El Spider's body of work and he seems like a stupid bitch. Probably any OP he would make I would remind him that he's a stupid bitch but unfortunately I did not see many of his dumb posts in GBS.

Unprobate dad gay, so what. His posts are the best (on drugs).

he unprobated himself somehow

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
hmmm I guess someone with connections to a dirty fyad mod could post an innocuously titled GBS thread, lure in el spider to post, then have your dirty mod change the thread title to include the racial epithet, then hit the report button.
Juuuusst a theory...

Masturbasturd fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Nov 20, 2015

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Champenema posted:

hmmm I guess someone with connections to a dirty fyad mod could post an innocuously titled thread, lure in el spider to post, then have your dirty mod change the thread title in include the racial epithet, then hit the report button.
Juuuusst a theory...

lol what

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Champenema posted:

hmmm I guess someone with connections to a dirty fyad mod could post an innocuously titled thread, lure in el spider to post, then have your dirty mod change the thread title in include the racial epithet, then hit the report button.
Juuuusst a theory...

mods knew

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

we're through the looking glass people

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Gilganixon posted:

I unprobated him and the others who were probated.

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

Gilganixon posted:

Mother's special boy gets special treatment.

E: God drat it Rich, I had this one.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Lowtax posted:

I liked it better when he used those scrolls to dig his way out

thanks for killing the magic

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Lowtax posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUz9xCTOPRw

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Make me mod next Lowtax and I promise to do the minimum amount of effort so I don't lose the job but also I won't meltdown like a weirdo or anything :)

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Can I be the next GBS mod? I think I would be very bad at it.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Champenema posted:

hmmm I guess someone with connections to a dirty fyad mod could post an innocuously titled GBS thread, lure in el spider to post, then have your dirty mod change the thread title to include the racial epithet, then hit the report button.
Juuuusst a theory...

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Lowtax posted:

thanks

• Locked thread