Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I just take it as fuel to feed the fires of my lust for millenial death.
the question is, does GBS also hate the post-millennial generation, i.e. post-9/11? those kids are worse imo since they basically are growing up plugged into the technological hivemind, whereas us millennials had to adapt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

symbolic posted:

the question is, does GBS also hate the post-millennial generation, i.e. post-9/11? those kids are worse imo since they basically are growing up plugged into the technological hivemind, whereas us millennials had to adapt.

I think they are called the iGeneration. GBS probably hates them too.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

My NY highschool sat everyone down in their classes and made a school wide announcement. We were only an hour or so from the city and students had relatives die, I assume they were privately told before the announcement. We spent the class watching the news, and our teacher told us it would take us years to fully comprehend what we were seeing. In a way, he was right.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

College. Or rather at home getting ready to go to a 10 AM class. Turned on the TV just in time to see the second plane hit.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
In the Army, I was a driver and jut got done delivering everyone to their duty areas. Go back to the barracks and slaw what happened lived after the first plane hit. Once the 2nd play hit I was on the road again picking everyone back up as the post went on lock down.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Was in sixth grade. They wouldn't tell us poo poo and it pissed us off a lot. Watched the news later in the day.

Tyrannosword
Sep 15, 2006

Fallen Rib
It must have been sometime around the summer of 1999, back when I was contracting for the CIA.

shelley
Nov 8, 2010
I was in 4th grade. The teacher wheeled in a TV so we could watch it live. I thought this was pretty cool because usually we didn't watch TV in class.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

shelley posted:

I was in 4th grade. The teacher wheeled in a TV so we could watch it live. I thought this was pretty cool because usually we didn't watch TV in class.

Today on a very special episode of Eyewitness, 9/11!

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I think they are called the iGeneration. GBS probably hates them too.

I personally love everyone. Unless they're an idiot. I loving hate idiots.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

gnarlyhotep posted:

I personally love everyone. Unless they're an idiot. I loving hate idiots.

im sorry you have to mod gbs then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Broenheim posted:

im sorry you have to mod gbs then

I'm getting used to it

• Locked thread