Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what kind of rocks are the steven universe fandom smoking
This poll is closed.
crack cocaine 28 6.81%
rock candy 15 3.65%
not rocks, but they mainline heroin 21 5.11%
theyre gettin' their rocks off on cartoon gem women lol 160 38.93%
ROCK THE CASBAH 83 20.19%
ground-up peridot on a ten-dollar bill 39 9.49%
the crystallized tears of innocent children 65 15.82%
Total: 411 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Gas this thread please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotSockAccount
Nov 18, 2015

by Lowtax
:gas:

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
why would they release her then tell her to come back if she still has to be monitored

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

el spider sounds like a big homo glad we got rid of that guy

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Teflon Don posted:

Gas this thread please

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

loquacius posted:

In order to consistently find actual hilarity in SU fans you have to delve into other Internet communities that are not technically the same thing but have tons of overlap with SU fans, see genderfluid/"tucute" types and/or fat activists

I mean, the whole fanart-policing harrassment thing from last thread was p funny but it's not a constant thing, and there's hosed-up fanfic out there but it's the Internet, there's hosed-up fanfic of literally everything

so which one are you in that picture

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Parallax Scroll posted:

el spider sounds like a big homo glad we got rid of that guy

Yeah, he deserved it for permabanning Applewhite!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Is her face shape all just really elaborate makeup or does she actually look like an uncanny-valley cartoon person

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

sarah jessica parker anime is a good username

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

In Steven Universe there was a mailman who showed up in an episode, delivered a package and walked away, so people cosplayed as him.

Then he returned from his attempts to find fame and fortune in Kansas, tried to romance a rock and then put on a historical play with just him and one other actor, so he had to play the parts of the gems, now people cosplay as him cosplaying.

loquacius posted:

Is her face shape all just really elaborate makeup or does she actually look like an uncanny-valley cartoon person

I suppose it's possible they have amazing makeup skills or access to someone like that, but I'm betting their face mostly looks like that.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I have still never seen this show and honestly my life has been okay

Project 2501
Nov 18, 2014

quote:

Fanfic or actual episode?

“Garnet gets her PhD in gay”

Subtext of any episode

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Paging those two immense dickheads from the previous thread who posted some good music to prevent discussion of this painfully gay subject

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

I have still never seen this show and honestly my life has been okay

I watched it, it s probably fun if you're a child

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Say what you will about el spider, but he knew exactly what to do with this thread

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

enter goon

"Oh man this looks dumb as rocks" *slide whistle*

~fin

(close thread)

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Cthulu Carl posted:

Hey is this where we can talk about dimetrodon?

hello, friends

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

weak-rear end wanna be sailboat

now ankylosaur, THAT is a badass motherfucker who doesn't take poo poo from nobody not no-how

you gotta problem with him? Club-tail to the face

try to bite him? hope you like your food... spikey

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

she has a really long face and nose which weirdly makes this a good cosplay because goddamn pearl has a long face and nose

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Son of Rodney posted:

now ankylosaur, THAT is a badass motherfucker who doesn't take poo poo from nobody not no-how

Dinosaurs get lamer the more we learn about them so I doubt that thing even actually looked like that

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

anklyosaurus is cool but please do not compare him to dimetrodon.

dimetrodon is not a dinosaur he is a non-mammalian synapsid

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

fig. 1

An upper-cast ankylosaur prepares for ceremonial arena-combat in his families traditional colours.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

dimetrodon squad ready to hustle; shadowy "money man" in the background

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

dimetrodon squad ready to hustle; shadowy "money man" in the background

im d. milleri

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

In Steven Universe there was a mailman who showed up in an episode, delivered a package and walked away, so people cosplayed as him.

Then he returned from his attempts to find fame and fortune in Kansas, tried to romance a rock and then put on a historical play with just him and one other actor, so he had to play the parts of the gems, now people cosplay as him cosplaying.

I suppose it's possible they have amazing makeup skills or access to someone like that, but I'm betting their face mostly looks like that.

There is no money to be made in Kansas

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Cowman posted:

she has a really long face and nose which weirdly makes this a good cosplay because goddamn pearl has a long face and nose

A person with a really weird face sees a cartoon character with a really weird face and finally feels "at home," because by dressing up as that cartoon character she could finally take pictures that don't make people say "wow she has a really weird face"

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
this thread should have stayed gassed but the dinosaurs make up for that

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
imo don't be mean to ppl on the internet

like if you're unironically wishing death on someone and it isn't ISIS people then idk man examine your inner self

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

fig. 2 - A duo of young ankylosaurs during their coming of age trial, the great killing of the animes.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Moridin920 posted:

imo don't be mean to ppl on the internet

like if you're unironically wishing death on someone and it isn't ISIS people then idk man examine your inner self

ISIS are people on the internet and they have feelings too

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Cthulu Carl posted:

Hey is this where we can talk about dimetrodon?

God yes

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Son of Rodney posted:

loving gross and rude. That is NOT... Ugh. MODS?!

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Ankylosaurs are in fact the first species to invent the knock knock joke, their variation being a cruder form of the modern variant, consisting only of the three steps "knock knock", "who's there" and the first ankylosaur smashing the door in. This joke swept the continent and resulted in the first major ankylosaur - t-rex war, due to the tyranosaurs being extremely bad sports about it due to their inability to knock.

Son of Rodney fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 20, 2015

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
It's not nice to make fun of that girl's face, even if this thread is for a dumb cartoon show that adults should not be watching.

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake
Anklyosaurus is probably my favorite dinosaur, besides Kentrosaurus and Amargasaurus.

Look at Amargasaurus' bone mohawk. How loving awesome is that

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Libelous Slander posted:

It's not nice to make fun of that girl's face, even if this thread is for a dumb cartoon show that adults should not be watching.

Counterpoint: she is from my perspective an abstract idea of a person whom I will never meet and who will never read my post about her

and her face is in fact weird

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

It would be fun to create some fan art with the express intent of driving tumblr mad

Like start mild and start ramping it up more and more as people get upset until all your cartoon people are stick thin racist supermodels beating up transexual ponies while fat shaming, really milk it for reactions and keep it just on this side of believable until you get fat purple haired death threats and then post it all

• Locked thread