Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Ross Angeles posted:

I'm glad your basketball team left

We still have a basketball team :wink:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

NC-17 posted:

Inadvertent whistle may have been a ref getting scared:

Also, in another fuckup the second White TD should have been blown dead.

Hughes was like 16 yards behind the LOS when that ball was snapped lol.

It is not a sub until you cross the numbers

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Buying a dwight freeney jersey for $29, half the price of a T Rich. Gonna save 20% off that too thanks to coupon. Heh

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

NC-17 posted:

Inadvertent whistle may have been a ref getting scared:

Also, in another fuckup the second White TD should have been blown dead.

Hughes was like 16 yards behind the LOS when that ball was snapped lol.

Hughes should have run straight at Brady from there and murdered him if they were gonna let that play run.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Meh. It wasn't even the only time that it was called that year. Raiders fans should be well beyond getting over it imo

raiders beats pats in the playoffs on a phantom roughing the passer call in 76 so it was only universal balance righting itself.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

DrKennethNoisewater posted:

Jesus gently caress, Minnesotans are such fickle fans. I was pissed watching the game against the Packers, and admittedly turned it off at the AP fumble, but the response (not here in TFF) has been extreme. Terrance Newman was right that people are acting like it was ten losses, not one. Losing to the Packers sucks, but the Vikings are still likely a playoff team. Considering that most pre-season predictions couldn't bother to acknowledge an NFC North team not located in Wisconsin (except to discuss that an easy divisional schedule would probably give the Packers home field advantage throughout the playoffs), 7-3 and firmly in the wildcard spot is pretty drat good.

A local news teaser for an upcoming segment on the 5-6 Gophers said that hopefully the Gophers can do better than "another team that plays at TCF". Everyone around here is so excited to be the first one to yell "SAME OLD VIKINGS" after the second time in ten games that they have looked really out of sync.

I hate losing to the Packers, but it's always so black and white with these loving fans. It wouldn't be so annoying if it wasn't so predictable. The local bandwagon will fill up again if the team makes the playoffs. Then, when they don't win the superb owl, people will bitch about the most inane poo poo and act like we're going into next season with Ponder at QB, a defense full of retirees and underperformers, and a coach that emotes only slightly more than Jim Caldwell. poo poo's getting better, but it takes time.

It's gonna fill right back up this weekend because the Falcons are not good. These Vikings teams since 2010 just seem to have this weird mental block and keep making GBS threads the bed against Green Bay. Aaron Rodgers just absolutely owns them.

It's just like the Twins and the Yankees the last few years with all those one and dones.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Dubious posted:

It's gonna fill right back up this weekend because the Falcons are not good. These Vikings teams since 2010 just seem to have this weird mental block and keep making GBS threads the bed against Green Bay. Aaron Rodgers just absolutely owns them.

It's just like the Twins and the Yankees the last few years with all those one and dones.

Ugh, I was actually invested in baseball at that point to the tune of a 20 game pack at Target Field with some buddies for the first three or four years. Got to watch the team get lovely fast and see just how quickly the stadium went from sold out every game during the first season (they made the playoffs and went 3 and out to the Yankees), then less than half full by the later half of the second season when they fell off the map. It went from profiting on selling the tickets we couldn't use to literally not being able to give them away for free.

Aaron Rodgers owns the entire NFC North, and I'm assuming it's for the same reason that in a live ammo situation he would absolutely decimate the Packers D after seeing them in practice multiple times a week. He knows the teams well enough and is a smart enough dude that he knows our poo poo. I think that record will be in the Vikings favor 2016 to 2020 (seasons, not counting the Week 17 game), although not as extremely as it is tilted towards the Packers right now.

There is one guy that I work with who is a legit informed fan and probably belongs in TFF more than me, but the media and hivemind view is pretty damned bandwagony. Also, if we lose this game on a Blair Walsh missed FG I will be biting down on the cyanide capsule that I always keep in my cheek to avoid the wave of Gary Anderson jokes.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

DrKennethNoisewater posted:

Aaron Rodgers owns the entire NFC North

Also, if we lose this game on a Blair Walsh missed FG I will be biting down on the cyanide capsule that I always keep in my cheek to avoid the wave of Gary Anderson jokes.

That's what makes it so hard to have blind rival rage against Rodgers. He is so goddamn good against the NFCN and constantly clowns the division, that I have to respect him. He's just so good at the mental aspect of football. Not to mention being good at quarterbacking.

I'll keep saying it all season long, but in 2016, Blair needs competition in camp. He has sucked total poo poo since he got paid, and once he gets a single miss, he is off the rest of the game. The common argument I hear is he is a dome kicker, and to wait for next year, but he's missing PATs and gimme FGs. Something isn't all there.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Happy Thanksgiving you worthless mother fuckers

Jk love u all
Specially chiche

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Yes, yes, let the hate flow through you.

quote:

After the Eagles’ loss to the Buccaneers on Sunday dropped the team to 4-6, NJ.com quoted an agent “who requested anonymity because of fear of retribution against his client” as saying that the players don’t buy what Kelly is selling.

“Chip Kelly has lost the team,” said the agent “Between the losses and his bull[bleep] methods that aren’t working, I can tell you that the players have tuned him out.”

The agent also said there’s at least one player on the team who’s using an injury as a reason not to play, even though it’s an injury he’d be able to play through, because “he won’t play hurt for Chip.”

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The only reason it isn't working is he got rid of all the good players

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Ehud posted:

Worth firing him for imo

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Happy Thanksgiving you worthless mother fuckers

Jk love u all
Specially chiche

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Even the motherfucker who just peed on me.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Chichevache posted:

Even the motherfucker who just peed on me.

You said you wanted to try something new!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Ehud posted:

Whitest team in the NFL, substantially whiter than the Packers or Patriots. :heritage:

http://regressing.deadspin.com/the-eagles-are-the-whitest-team-in-the-nfl-and-other-f-1638158955

As of 2014, anyway.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Pretty much blacked out last night
Happy thanksgiving I love you all

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Pretty much blacked out last night
Happy thanksgiving I love you all

I got prescribed Vyvanse for ADHD and then drank two bottles of red wine and stayed up all night

Anyway I love you all too

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Ehud posted:

All the black players too. But that's probably saying the same thing.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

I got prescribed Vyvanse for ADHD and then drank two bottles of red wine and stayed up all night

Anyway I love you all too

ADHD must be contagious, because I got bored and stopped reading halfway through readi

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Let's drink til our hearts stop. Hope we have some fun games today

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Joe Bucks looks like he shaved his pubic hair and glued it to his face

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

That was supposed to go in the GDT but it's also appropriate for this thread

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yep

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?