Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

It's me.

I'm the something awful poster who's not a nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Parmesan Basil posted:

And then he keeps trading the ones that become Gyaradoses

"Wild Gyarados have no technique and are trash! I can make a team of just Magikarp with Splash and Tackle!"

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Parmesan Basil posted:

Ah I see you're a Persona fan. I bet I know who your "waifu' is too. You are a...Naoto fan!

5 is gonna own so hard since the main cast is delinquents instead of goody-two shoes. The Nanako parallel is gonna get some swirlies.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Close this thread until Sunday

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
That's what you get for a game that an Attack on Titans.

God, that show sucks.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

PrinceRandom posted:

something awful poster who's not a nerd

this is a thing that does not exist

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Y'all are better than this, right? :cripes:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Look into your heart and you will know the truth and despair

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

The Titans are the only team in the NFL without a home win.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Detroit fans getting uppity after one win over the Packers. Let's ostracize this'un as a lesson to the rest.:clint:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Filthy Casual posted:

5 is gonna own so hard since the main cast is delinquents instead of goody-two shoes. The Nanako parallel is gonna get some swirlies.

I hope I get a PS4 soon!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Parmesan Basil posted:

I hope I get a PS4 soon!

P5 is coming out on PS3 too. It's like, the last major game coming out on it.

I know this because I can't afford a PS4 :smith:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
They still make games for PS3? The PS4 has been out for years now.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Bad Moon posted:

They still make games for PS3? The PS4 has been out for years now.

Only two years, they made lots of PS2 games for 3 years after the PS3 came out, and kept releasing some for like 4 more years

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lol getting trolled by prince of dicks

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
How old (young?) do you have to be to understand most of the references you guys are making?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

MrLogan posted:

How old (young?) do you have to be to understand most of the references you guys are making?

the picture i photoshopped is like 30 years old

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

MrLogan posted:

I dunno it was pretty spread out. Like any person under thirty-five could get it.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Andy Dalton.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Parmesan Basil posted:

Ah I see you're a Persona fan. I bet I know who your "waifu' is too. You are a...Naoto fan!

Come on dog we all know it's chie

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i'm gonna crack the ice on something awful's database and make the past 3 pages disappear

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
If you just leave it alone it'll break anyway why go through the effort

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
I want to see an NFL where coaches summon demons.

That Mara goalline plunge would be too hot for TV

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

WHO DAT? Who gives a damn?
Cool lots of posts in h-

:yikes:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
You know how teams completely fall apart when they lose to the Jaguars?

This thread is basically the equivalent, it's what happens when the entire country is forced to watch a Jaguars win.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

JT Jag posted:

This thread is basically the equivalent, it's what happens when the entire country is forced to watch a Jaguars win.

This is all your doing!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

ACTUALLY the Bills have won every game since their loss to the Jags

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2rVnRwW0h8

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

JT Jag posted:

Pretty much

What do people expect of a post-Jags/Titans Aftermath thread?

It was this or suicide club

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

kalensc posted:

THERE
ARE
FOUR
WINS

This post didn't get enough love.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

JT Jag posted:

The GDT was pretty much everyone trying to maintain sanity

The jury is out as to whether it was successful

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Oh no people are talking about things they like

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ok change of pace what do you guys think of the National Book Award Winners

Ta-Nehisi Coates is a generational talent and the reputation of the award itself is entirely dependent on giving it to him, so no surprise there. I continue to struggle with Adam Johnson. The Orphan Master's son was good but I do not think it was necessarily Pulitzer Prize good and Fortune Smiles I do not think holds up as well against the other books that were in competition.

Discuss.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Ta-Nehisi Coates is a generational talent and the reputation of the award itself is entirely dependent on giving it to him, so no surprise there. I continue to struggle with Adam Johnson. The Orphan Master's son was good but I do not think it was necessarily Pulitzer Prize good and Fortune Smiles I do not think holds up as well against the other books that were in competition.

Discuss.

whatever nerd

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

whatever nerd

I am not joking I will buy you some dumbbells if you promise to use them your arms are tragic

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Discuss.

Who won the poetry awards I like to read poetry

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

TubeStank posted:

Who won the poetry awards I like to read poetry

Robin Coste Lewis but I know gently caress all about poetry

I have been reading Countee Cullen recently though and he is really good imho

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am not joking I will buy you some dumbbells if you promise to use them your arms are tragic

my arms are fine

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Magicpants posted:

You ever been to anime convention, Mike? Ha, I'll tell ya, it. Is. An. Experience. You got girls dressed up in these skimpy outfits. You got guys dressed up in skimpy outfits. You got big, fat guys dressed up in skimpy outfits. You got people you don't know what they are dressed up in skimpy outfits. Ha, I'm spinning around so fast looking at all these skimpy outfits I'm getting dizzy, Mike. Then there's this guy. Lean, scrappy, kinda guy can hide behind the offensive line and squeeze through for those first downs. Tells me "kawaii ne," tells me his pronouns are "xe, xer, xerself." I don't what it was, Mike, but it just felt right. Mike, you ever been in love? If you're watching, Lunawolf, suki da yo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Ross Angeles posted:

my arms are fine
A Farewell To Ross's Arms

• Locked thread