Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
You are a crew member on a space ship and you only have that one crew member's job to do. The ship is persistent in a multiplayer environment and all the players on the ship have different jobs. You decide who goes on away missions and what equipment to bring and you go run dungeons together as a team or fly around and have adventures in space and battle the crews of other ships which are also manned by other players.

The larger the group you register, the bigger the ship you get. The more missions your crew completes, the more money and equipment you get and each player gets a share. The captain of the ship gets to write your performance reviews and those follow your account from ship to ship.

A game where you play as a lobster and go on an epic undersea quest to save your lost love. The game spans a timeline of one hundred years (lobsters mate for life and are immortal).

A game where you shoot clowns for points.

A realistic hot air balloon sim.

A secret agent MMO where every player is a secret agent or a femme fatale. Every player gets a summonable spy car they can use on the streets of the city (which is the hub area) and several gadgets. Quests involve stealing plans, blowing up superweapons and sabotage. There are two factions: Allies and Communists. Each faction has a number of key targets which the other faction perpetually attempts to capture or destroy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I always wanted to play a whaling simulator. Like old timey Moby Dick style whaling. The only one there is a lame ironic greenpeace one.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Drunkboxer posted:

I always wanted to play a whaling simulator. Like old timey Moby Dick style whaling. The only one there is a lame ironic greenpeace one.

That sounds p. baller actually. I'd play that if they made it epic enough.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
It would be kind of like Shadow of the Colossus but with whales.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
They should make a sequel to Antichamber with more chambers and even more twisted puzzles.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
A game where you infiltrate ethnic neighborhoods and when you're dead center you get to yell an appropriate racial slur and escape the wrath of all the villagers within earshot.

Another game where you race but the cars only drive forwards and in reverse/left

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
it should be like morrowind but combined with the romance of harvest moon 64 and the dancing mini game in sid meyer's: pirates! but also it will have giant rts battles like total war and horror survival segments like the first parts of the hit video game spore and the frantic platforming and exploration of spider solitaire.

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE

amityville anus posted:

Another game where you race but the cars only drive forwards and in reverse/left

Sweet man it'll be like an old kmart cheap rc car simulator.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
they did op, it's called your mom's vagina!!!

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Manhunt 3 but when you try and kill someone with an Asda bag they just rip it apart and kick your head in for being a dummy who thought a crinkly plazzy bag was an efficient murder weapon in the first place.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
especially this part

Applewhite posted:

run dungeons together as a team

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

amityville anus posted:

A game where you infiltrate ethnic neighborhoods and when you're dead center you get to yell an appropriate racial slur and escape the wrath of all the villagers within earshot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwk6r8TJD2U :nws: for use of the N-word.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
your mom's vagina is a dungeon is what I'm saying

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
They should make a game where you're part of an alien/monster civilization that lives near the center of the earth to keep warm and the gameplay is tunneling up to the surface to snatch humans and do experiments on them / eat them.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
a game like Myst except when you start the game real people show up and seal your house/basement/room/prison cell and you have to complete the game before you are released.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
drat, I have a feeling someones going to steal my awesome game idea and make a billion dollars

Metagrubs
Jan 5, 2015
Lipstick Apathy
They should make a game where political tension in the mid 20th century came to a head and humanity destroyed itself with nukes... Now ppl wander the post apocalyptic wasteland trying to eke out a life in a harsh dead world and there's a dog too

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
portal but instead of a portal gun you get a machine gun and kill glados

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ahundredbux posted:

your mom's vagina is a dungeon is what I'm saying

And my first encounter with it was in a dungeon

ironic

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Grand Theft Auto in Motown Era Detriot

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

loquacius posted:

And my first encounter with it was in a dungeon

ironic

that dungeon was also op's mom's vagina strangely enough

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

They should make a game where you and your friends can build up each other's real-world houses like you're playing The Sims, but then shortly after you start playing a huge worldwide meteor shower starts to destroy civilization, and to escape it you have to build each other's houses up really tall to reach a portal and use the game's arcane crafting system to forge symbolism-heavy items of power that transport your houses into another dimension where you have to complete an epic quest individually tuned by some unknown intelligence to best facilitate your personal growth, and eventually as a group you manage to bring about the creation of an entirely new universe that you rule over as god-like mythic figures

except if you're not careful you could accidentally cause a glitch in the game's logic to create an unkillable boss which threatens to make not only your instance of the game unwinnable but several other ones as well, and in order to have any hope of creating the new universe you have to reboot your own universe but slightly different so that everyone's parents are playing the game together instead and ok confession time this entire post is just Homestuck

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
A sci-fi action adventure story with laser gun battles and hovercar chases, but I'm just a background character the main protagonists pass in the street all the time going about my boring daily routine.
Actually I'm a welder sitting on the same scaffolding all day doing bridge repair while all this exciting stuff happens around me.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
a game where you sit on a toilet and take a dump also it's playable with a VR headset

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ghlbtsk posted:

Actually I'm a welder sitting on the same scaffolding all day doing bridge repair while all this exciting stuff happens around me.

Actually an Oculus Rift game where you're an old-timey New York construction worker walking around on girders half a mile off the ground would be p cool

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Applewhite posted:

A game where you play as a lobster and go on an epic undersea quest to save your lost love. The game spans a timeline of one hundred years (lobsters mate for life and are immortal).

Quit leaking my design docs :mad:

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.
Applewhite, you familiar with Space Station 13? It's almost what you're talking about in the first one... sorta.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
They should make a game where you play as a programmer for an Internet start up company. Everyone talks about how the business will take off and everyone will be rich and after a week of game play the company collapses and you lose everything.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
a game where you look at a butt (non-sexual)

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

loquacius posted:

Actually an Oculus Rift game where you're an old-timey New York construction worker walking around on girders half a mile off the ground would be p cool

press X to brace against a strong wind

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
a game where you look at a butt (sexual)

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
a game where you make indie games that have no actual gameplay in them

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
Poop Simulator

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Kitchner posted:

They should make a game where you play as a programmer for an Internet start up company. Everyone talks about how the business will take off and everyone will be rich and after a week of game play the company collapses and you lose everything.

Ahundredbux posted:

a game where you make indie games that have no actual gameplay in them

Game Dev Tycoon is basically both of these

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Broenheim posted:

a game where you look at a butt (sexual)

that's a mod for every game listed itt

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
they should make a game that fills the sucking dark void of my life with even the smallest amount of pleasure

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

loquacius posted:

Game Dev Tycoon is basically both of these

game dev story was first

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

A misanthrope posted:

they should make a game that fills the sucking dark void of my life with even the smallest amount of pleasure

World of Warcraft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
A multiplayer game where each player controls a limb of the body.

Like qwop but maybe with like "Nintendo power glove" style implements.

It would be very fun to watch.

• Locked thread