Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

So I'm a youngish (mid 20's) guy working for a company thats almost entirely old people (50+). My boss who's an executive at my company always dotes on me, gives me life advice, and constantly says things like "if you were my son....". My IRL dad passed away a few years ago, and all of this is starting to weird me out and I dont know how to handle it.

GBS has a lot of experience with weird dad issues so toss me some advice goons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
put a little bit of antifreeze in his coffee every day until his organs shut down

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Are You retarded? Just play along and you'll get hella promotions & raises. Goddamn millennials

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

dad gay. so what posted:

put a little bit of antifreeze in his coffee every day until his organs shut down

curious lump
Sep 13, 2014

by zen death robot

dad gay. so what posted:

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Get him to write you into his will then give him a heart attack.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Call him daddy when you go down on him. He's clearly into that.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
As a wise man once said, it's not about who you know, it's about who you blow.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
"The individual responsible for my occupational future seems to like me. Should I sever?"

Toys For Twats
Sep 30, 2007
One awesome dude
put him in the son zone

Aug 4, 2010

tell him you're a troon and want to be his daughter instead

edit: he might make you his PA

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
idk, i'd just say take the advice and poo poo, I highly doubt he's going to start inviting you to his cabin for weeks at a time or things like that, he's probably just looking out for you because he likes you and wants you to be as successful as he is

NotSockAccount
Nov 18, 2015

by Lowtax

Blockade posted:

So I'm a youngish (mid 20's) guy working for a company thats almost entirely old people (50+). My boss who's an executive at my company always dotes on me, gives me life advice, and constantly says things like "if you were my son....". My IRL dad passed away a few years ago, and all of this is starting to weird me out and I dont know how to handle it.

Ask him to adopt you, then kill him. You will now gain his position. You're Welcome.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Are You retarded? Just play along and you'll get hella promotions & raises. Goddamn millennials

He is clearly tetarded

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

dad gay. so what posted:

curious lump
Sep 13, 2014

by zen death robot
the op should put my balls, in he mouth

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
give him a mug that says #1 dad like two weeks before they send out christmas bonuses

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

"The individual responsible for my occupational future seems to like me. Should I sever?"

lol

Thread pretty much over. OP you're a moron.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

curious lump posted:

the op should put my balls, in he mouth

gonna put antifreeze in your balls first

somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

this place is good and not bad
i dunno man, he probably means well and poo poo and just wants to give you some advice you might find useful. my guess is he doesn't say things like that because he needs to fill your dad void, sorry for your loss btw. most likely hes just some old rear end dude who's been a dad for so long he doesnt know how to go through life without thinking like "if i was this goons dad...".

gbs appropriate response: kiss him on the lips lol

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Sit in his lap and ask him to tell you a story

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
I don't think op understands the concept of a mentor.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

somuch_gravy posted:

...he needs to fill your dad void...

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Ask him if you can job shadow him one day. Dude will be loving elated and you'll be on the fast track towards being his successor.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

dad gay. so what posted:

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
OP. Successful people who take a special interest in you are valuable people. They will help you throughout your career if you're lucky. Unless his advice is poison take every opportunity to learn.

gently caress. He's a mentor. Not your dad.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
What a loving idiot, Jesus wept "you guys my boss likes me what do I do?!?!?"

Slapdash
Mar 30, 2010
Ride that goddamn pony. Oh no you poor thing they may start throwing their daughters and nieces at you soon. Marry one, get groomed for management and take over when "dad" retires.

I know it probably creeps you out but really this could be so much worse.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Don't go silent partner on us now, dipshit. Reply and acknowledge that you are an idiot child who's looking a gifthorse in the mouth.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Captain Yossarian posted:

What a loving idiot, Jesus wept "you guys my boss likes me what do I do?!?!?"

jesus boss was also his dad

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Ahundredbux posted:

jesus boss was also his dad

And Jesus was also the boss.

See it all works out OP.

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Blockade posted:

durr hurr hurr, my feeewings!! the dude is gonna fast track you if you pretend to be his son, just roll with it

Bokito
Jul 25, 2007
Going Ape
fyi: sound like he's in to son/dad gay role playing

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
what a weird goddamn thing to be confused about

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
OP obv feels guilty about his privilege. It's okay OP I will burden your privilege for you, just put in a good word for me and I'll end up your boss in no time, don't worry though I won't treat you like my son. Actually, I think I'll fire you.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
You need to surprise him with a flurry of devastating suplexes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

• Locked thread