Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/bad-commercial-hipster/1/

I have harbored an irrational hatred for these ads since the moment I saw one. They're so perfectly smarmy and misleading and self-important and dismissive, making GBS threads on the tech industry AND sucking its dick at the same time as if to say "we're right about this but you people are too stupid to understand it". The image of sociopathic engineerocracy Parsons invokes is pitch-perfect and loving hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Passing-by Poster:

It's a good article.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Soon we will all be self-diagnosed autistic asexuals that nourish ourselves only with soylent. All hail Elon Musk! Tech sector disruption will at last render democracy and free expression obsolete.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I work with GE control stuff at work and everyone from GE I interact with says "it pays great also I worked 354 16 hour days this year!"

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I just read this article, thanks!

• Locked thread