Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
Years ago, I won a trip to the movie premiere of Battleship in LA. My wife and I went, and were waiting in the entrance of the giant movie theater, because the celebrities had to enter after going through the red carpet/media area. My wife was able to take her picture with some of the cast of True Blood, and was swooning after meeting some of those people.

My wife also had her picture taken with Malin Akerman who is a complete babe, but I was excited about the opportunity to meet high-caliber actor Liam Neeson since he was in Battleship, and I think he's pretty cool, especially when he growls about having a special set of skills in Taken. So Liam Neeson was doing the red carpet, and we waited inside the theater entrance where he'd have to come in, and eventually we saw him approaching, but then he went through another VIP entrance, that we were unaware of, because he was too important or something.

Bragging rights for life. We were less than 10 feet away from him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial
one time DGSW posted in a thread I made. bragged about it IRL. stg (swear to god)

e: read title as 'best'. nonetheless, I'll stick with my answer.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

amosni posted:

one time DGSW posted in a thread I made. bragged about it IRL. stg (swear to god)

e: read title as 'best'. nonetheless, I'll stick with my answer.

here listen to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFItk-zw13g

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I pestered David Warner for about 30 seconds.

I regret doing that to you, Mr. Warner.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I saw Ryan Gosling at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
7+ years ago, I got bumped off a flight to Vegas by Jared from Subway and his buddies.

Hope he rots in jail.

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial

actually pretty badass thanks!

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.
I met Lou Ferigno at a con ages ago, he's a huge dick. It was mostly how he treated my friend that was excited to see him, the wanting something ridiculous like $30+ for a autograph too. Wouldn't even talk to you unless you bought one either. It was pretty much pay money or I just look at you like a rear end in a top hat. Nobody was even in line to see him either. (This was before he had even did the voice in that horrible Ang Lee Hulk movie even.)

Doug Stanehope is a pretty nice dude though as long as you don't tell him stupid long pointless stories like that one guy outside did that day. (Somebody needed to shut the guy up, might has well been Doug) :)

AbbadonOfHell fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Nov 20, 2015

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Rob van damme was driving me back to the condo from set. He was vaping thc the entire time and swerving all over the place. He stopped at a cvs to pick up a prescription and popped like six of them as soon as he got in the car and washed it down with a 40 he bought from the gas station.

Going over a bridge, he twice bumped into the loving concrete barriers that kept us from loving crashing into the ocean, every time going "oh man that was close."

Me and this actress were like "whelp this is it this is how we die. In a rental car driven off a bridge by rob van damme."

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I was in a car and looked over and saw Ringo Starr in the back of a limousine with the windows rolled down.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
i met the guitarist from wintersun and we had this cool conversation walking down the street together, and then he stopped in a music store and chatted with his friend for like 15 minutes in finnish. i left and couldn't figure out how to get back to my hostel and i had no cell phone at the time.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

When I was like 5-6 and Clinton was running for president he came to NH to do some event for the nomination and I went past all the ropes and hugged him. It got played on CNN and national news a lot.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I saw Gretchen Weiners getting gas once when I was in Palm Springs

She had a Seabring convertible and I felt really bad for her

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Played 7 on 7 w Trent "scrambled eggs" green

I met the entire pro bowl roster for the afc when it wad in miami, they practiced at my hs

Idk I meet alot of athletes Ive never met anyone famous.

Lance bass the gay one from nysc or backstreet boys hit on me one time in a bar in Miami

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Booblord Zagats posted:

I saw Gretchen Weiners getting gas once when I was in Palm Springs

She had a Seabring convertible and I felt really bad for her

At least she could get a Lebaron? :shrug:

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Adam Sandler brought a dog into a restaurant me and my gf were eating at and he just let the dog poo poo on the floor.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

john travolta came up to me in the gym at 3am and asked me to blow him

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i met gwen stefani when no doubt were still nobodies. she was real nice.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Garrett hedlund will not talk to a single person on set and smokes a pack and a half a day and dips.

The Asian kid who lost a finger in the second hangover movie is cool as gently caress. His dad is ang Lee and he just kinda coasts through life.

Can't get laid to save his life. Like this movie was stacked with hot 22 year olds and he couldn't seal the deal at all.

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
I saw John de Lancie in a Value Village

that's my only celebrity encounter

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
I met Samuel L Jackson when I was 12 and told him he was awesome in The Matrix

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Sometimes I'll get a short gig working as a movie extra (if anything is filming in town). Last time I had to do a camera cross and farted close to Alan Arkin's head. I'd feel bad about it but the cast and crew tends to treat us extras like poo poo.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I served Andre 3000 sushi when I waited tables and was super polite and everything and the motherfucker tipped me less than 15%

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015
I've had a lot of weird celebrity encounters given that I lived in a small town in BC, Canada - but we are the closest centre to where a lot of films are made because our landscape looks like all different parts of the world, in one concentrated area. (Desert, wetlands, mountains, forests, etc.) I heard that Morgan Freeman and JLo are giant assholes from some people working on the set. And that JLo would get super pissed off if anyone made eye contact with her.

As far as my own encounters, the worst would have to be when I was about 17, going backstage after the concert to hang out with some of the members of Billy Talent, Metric, and DeathfromAbove1979. I don't know what the deal was, but they started whipping my friend and I with towels so hard that we got welts immediately and I was walking away begging them to stop. They then dumped an entire yogurt on my friends head, and after I washed her off I told them to gently caress off and we left. I don't know what their endgame was but I'm assuming that they maybe thought they would get some rear end from two teenage girls by assaulting them?

The only other really weird one I can think of is hearing that Sam Neil was in town making a movie and at a local bar, so a bunch of us went down to try and meet him - as we approached the bar he was walking out with his entourage. I remember thinking that he was dressed about 10 years too young for his actual age. When he ignored us saying hello, my friend slowly walked behind him down the block loudly asking questions about dinosaurs. I felt bad for Sam Neil.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lol you got owned by dfa consider yourself blessed

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i like them. they are still on my playlist

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Not really fitting but in the late 90's early 00's I went to a lot of little shows in the NYC and on three separate occasions Moby and his entourage ended up standing right in front of me, which was kinda annoying.
By the third time I think he might have recognized me. Oh and once Michael Stipe saw me fall off a chair once.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Rob van damme was driving me back to the condo from set. He was vaping thc the entire time and swerving all over the place. He stopped at a cvs to pick up a prescription and popped like six of them as soon as he got in the car and washed it down with a 40 he bought from the gas station.

Going over a bridge, he twice bumped into the loving concrete barriers that kept us from loving crashing into the ocean, every time going "oh man that was close."

Me and this actress were like "whelp this is it this is how we die. In a rental car driven off a bridge by rob van damme."

Rob van dam the wrestler or jean Claude van Damme the actor, cause this sounds closer to the first one but I can't imagine him acting on a set

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

FizFashizzle posted:

Lol you got owned by dfa consider yourself blessed

If by owned, you mean assaulted for no reason, yea - sure. The only reason I even went backstage and stuck around was because my friend was drunk and I wanted to make sure she was safe. Usually, I can laugh things off as being ridiculous and not a big deal, but it was an incredibly predatory-feeling situation and even thinking about it now pisses me off.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

LadyAmbien posted:

If by owned, you mean assaulted for no reason, yea - sure. The only reason I even went backstage and stuck around was because my friend was drunk and I wanted to make sure she was safe.

i heard they were really good live, i was late to the party

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

LadyAmbien posted:

The only other really weird one I can think of is hearing that Sam Neil was in town making a movie and at a local bar, so a bunch of us went down to try and meet him - as we approached the bar he was walking out with his entourage. I remember thinking that he was dressed about 10 years too young for his actual age. When he ignored us saying hello, my friend slowly walked behind him down the block loudly asking questions about dinosaurs. I felt bad for Sam Neil.

Should have asked him if he read Sutter Cane.

NotSockAccount
Nov 18, 2015

by Lowtax
This one time I was cosplaying in my furry suit at a con, and one of the professional cosplay models farted in my general direction.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Al Pacino gave me the worst blow job I've ever received.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i got picture taken with karl rove once. hes very nice

Bob Saget IRL
Oct 24, 2014

Kirk Cameron. What a tool. His sister is ok though

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

dad gay. so what posted:

i heard they were really good live, i was late to the party

They are incredibly good live. I will give them that! I think they got back together in 2014, but I'm not sure if they're still touring or not.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I met goddam BURT REYNOLDS in Florida and he was loving awesome as hell. That is my only celebrity meeting so gently caress off OP. Don't judge me because you know every celebrity and are a hollywood hotshot or whatever.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
i was in the pub with friends once and tony robinson came in with some other people and sat at a table nearby. we ignored him and let him enjoy his drink in peace

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Charlie Sheen gave HIV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Aesop Poprock posted:

Rob van dam the wrestler or jean Claude van Damme the actor, cause this sounds closer to the first one but I can't imagine him acting on a set

Rob van damme.

He would tell stories about Jean Claude though. Apparently everyone in Hollywood has a story about kicking his rear end.

Like he just goes into places, picks a fight, and gets his poo poo handed to him.

• Locked thread