Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I saw Gretchen Weiners getting gas once when I was in Palm Springs

She had a Seabring convertible and I felt really bad for her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
My brother met Bill Shatner across the street from a Star Trek convention in Nashville back in the early-mid 90s. He was at a Subway across the way getting a sandwich, and the place was dead except one older guy behind him in line. The people working there weren't paying attention so they were just sitting there waiting to be noticed. So they eventually flag one kid down and get him to make sandwiches. They ended up joking around for a minute and Shatner invited him to sit down and eat. Shatner asked my brother if he was there for the convention and he said "Not really, I'm here while my dad goes to the convention. I really don't like Star Trek" and Shatner smiled and said "Me either" .

He signed my brother's receipt. My dad called bullshit until he put it up to the picture of Shatner he stood in line for an hour to get and saw they matched up. My dad still has that receipt in his collection, right next to the nice signed 8x10 captain Kirk headshot

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
A few guys from my squadron met John Cena when the movie "The Marine" was coming out and the MWR on Edwards made a bunch of Marines show up to the premier in LA with John Cena attending. After the movie he went up to them and thanked them for their service and asked them how they liked the movie. They lied and said it was good. They said he was really nice and hung out with the XO's 8 year old who was a big wrestling fan for like 15 minutes answering all his wrestling questions. After that he told the kid something like "Your real hero should be your dad, he defends all of us from terrorists" and then the XO had to explain to his son later that a reserve squadron in the Air Wing doesn't do poo poo

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Sharing celebrity stories in this thread with friends and a few have sent me theirs. Here's some good ones.

Met Weird Al after a Depeche Mode concert in the mid 2000s in a little restaurant a block or two away from the concert hall. He was dressed like a normal person, T shirt, jeans, etc. He was sitting by a table with a togo number. I went up to the table next to him after I ordered my food and just said "Hey" when he made eye contact. He said "hello" and I politely whispered, so other people wouldn't hear "You're Al, right?" and he just smiled, nodded and I said "You're pretty great. I'm a big fan." and he thanked me, probably more for keeping quiet and not drawing attention than saying I was a fan. When they brought his bag and drink to him, he held his drink up in a small toast like gesture to me and walked off.

My roommate drunkenly smacked John Cusack at a bar in Santa Barbara after a USC game. It was really packed and we were walking to a booth some friends were at trying to navigate the crowd and my roommate was sloshed. He squeezed between some girls and right infront of us is John Cusack looking pretty dour. My roommate leans forward and shouts "YOU'RE JOHN CUSACK! I LOVE GROSS POINTE!" and as John Cusack tried to give a polite nod, my roommate just blindsides him with an open hand slap to his face. I immediately yank my roommate back and apologized to Mr. Cusack and tell him my roommate's drunk as gently caress, and Im just gonna take him home. Cusack just said "Yeah, that's a good idea" so I said sorry like 20 times and dragged my roommate to a taxi. When I told him the story the next morning his reason for slapping John Cusack was that he thought he had been dreaming and just wanted to see if he was real. So apparently if you run in to John Cusack in the wild he'll let you pop him one and not be a bitch about it.

A buddy of mine from the Marines now works as an electrician/WiFi tech/Handyman on movie/TV poo poo and has met a ton of celebrities. He says the South park guys are really humble and funny in person. David Spade is supposedly really really nice to everyone off camera and my buddy claims he actually got hired to work on a few "lovely but great paying movies" because when he was doing temp work on the Set of Rules of Engagement, he fixed Spade's phone when it wouldn't send texts or emails. When Spade tried to give him cash for it he politely declined and just said he was happy to help. So Spade pulled some strings and got him a lot of work. The only celebrities he claims to dislike after meeting them are Artie Lang and Nancy Cartwright

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

setafd posted:

the guy who played greg brady asked me if i liked eminem then sang the chorus to "shady's back" to me but said brady's back instead

This made me laugh and I really don't know why

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Vitalis Jackson posted:

I have doubts about this happening, because nearly all big conventions in Nashville occur at that big Gaylord Hotel. The hotel effectively has contracted with/bribed city officials to prevent any dining establishments from opening within one mile of the facility; the Gaylord houses several restaurants of its own, so they don't want competition. The only nearby restaurant I'm aware of is a Waffle House that was grandfathered in.

But I could be wrong. Perhaps it was Memphis? People often confuse Nashville and Memphis in their recollections.

Asked my brother if I got the story right (I work for him and sit like 12 feet from his desk). He looked me dead in the ey and said "How the gently caress are you confusing Nashville for Tucson?"

Also, lol @ Gaylord

Booblord Zagats fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 23, 2015

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
My brother met Joe Buck after a Charger's game at an upscale bar. Claims he was really nice and even bought him and his then-wife a beer after my brother told him he actually thinks he and Troy Aikman do a good job.

Also, my brother's exwife was a ski instructor for a few months between getting her bachelors and before going to law school. She met a few D list celebrities and taught them how to ski/gave the safety briefing. John O'Hurley and Diedrich Bader are the only two who I remember for certain. She said O'Hurley was super flirty with every woman at the lodge and Bader's wife was really sweet

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Burt Ward lives around here and almost never gets recognized and he seems really happy with that. And in general, dude is downright pleasant from all reports

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Solice Kirsk posted:

Looks like a female Marilyn Manson.

Charlie Monroe?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Rape Stink posted:

Yeah I've heard as much from people I've told that story to who have had more pleasurable experiences with David Cross, but I don't care. I will never get the taste of that encounter out of my mouth. He was just such an unbelievable rear end in a top hat.

David Cross is supposedly incredibly bi-polar when it comes to meeting people from everything I've ever heard. He's either cool as hell or Hitler with worse facial hair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Friend from my old squadron went to boot with Adam Driver. Said he was pretty chilled out and liked beating the poo poo out of the platoon fatty at MCMAP a lot

• Locked thread