Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/20/gravity-falls-series-finale

quote:

Gravity Falls is coming to an end.

Creator Alex Hirsch took to his Tumblr to announce that the series’ next two episodes will be its last. And he made one thing clear: It was his decision.

“There are so many shows that go on endlessly until they lose their original spark, or mysteries that are cancelled before they ever get a chance to payoff,” Hirsch writes. “But I wanted Gravity Falls to have a mystery that had a real answer, an adventure that had a real climax, and an ending that had a real conclusion for the characters I care so much about. This is very unusual in television and a pretty big experiment, and Disney for their part has been enormously supportive.”

“Alex Hirsch had a masterful plan for the stories and characters of Gravity Falls and, through 40 episodes and 17 shorts, he and a team of outstanding writers, artists and actors consistently delivered an inspired and unique story,” Disney said in a statement. “Alex made the decision to conclude the story at this time, and while we’re disappointed we all won’t have the opportunity to explore more of the Gravity Falls world, we respect his creative vision.”

WANT MORE EW? Subscribe now to keep up with the latest in movies, television, and music.

The show debuted in 2012 to rave reviews. It centers on the experiences of twin 12-year-olds in the titular small town that has more to it than it seems. Gravity Falls is currently in the midst of what Hirsch described to EW as a “Weirdmageddon,” a multi-episode arc that he said “completely upends” the rules of Gravity Falls.

Gravity Falls boasts an impressive voice cast featuring Hirsch, Jason Ritter, Kristen Schaal, and Linda Cardellini. The second-to-last episode airs on Monday at 8 p.m. on Disney XD. There is no announced airdate for the series finale.

Read Hirsch’s full, lengthy Tumblr post here.

now they just need to cancel steven universe and adventure time and maybe that will shut up my self-professed "random" or "not-like-everyone-else" people like my sister

also, loving :lol: at him making the announcement on Tumblr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
whats that

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Excuse me, gravity attracts not falls.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

an autistic cartoon that caters to the Tumblr crowd

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Isis propaganda imo.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

symbolic posted:

an autistic cartoon that caters to the Tumblr crowd

yeah it is. but its also a fun cartoon if you don't care about that poo poo

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

yeah it is. but its also a fun cartoon if you don't care about that poo poo
i don't watch cartoons anymore

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

symbolic posted:

me neither

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

symbolic posted:

Man, what kind of millennial are you, anyway? Act your age.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
i've never seen a single fcking episode

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Leroy Dennui posted:

Man, what kind of millennial are you, anyway? Act your age.
i don't know if this makes me a good millennial that i'm not really acting like one or a bad millennial in that i am a milllennial but not really acting like one

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Harald posted:

its pretty funny, you should watch it

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Harald posted:

You're in good company, neither has any Disney employee either.

I mean who has time to stay up and watch tv at 3am?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

gravity suck my god drat balls

op

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
What do you guys do with your lives that you're constantly surrounded by these people on tumblr you hate so much

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Tom Gorman posted:

gravity suck my god drat balls

op

spit them out like watermelon seeds

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

rotinaj posted:

What do you guys do with your lives that you're constantly surrounded by these people on tumblr you hate so much
use the internet

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
i'd rather watch steppenwolf universe imo

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
Will Rory ever find a man?!?!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

It's X-Files for kids.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Harald posted:

i'd rather watch steppenwolf universe imo
"Magic Carpet Ride" as opening theme, "Born to Be Wild" as closing theme

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
nobody has ever invited me to act their age i wonder why

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

symbolic posted:

"Magic Carpet Ride" as opening theme, "Born to Be Wild" as closing theme

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake
I feel really bad for Hirsch because fangirls are actually threatening his life over this and a ton of other poo poo.

I would want to get out of this cartoon nightmare if I was him, too

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

nomadologique posted:

nobody has ever invited me to act their age i wonder why

They are 12

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Docahedron posted:

I feel really bad for Hirsch because fangirls are actually threatening his life over this and a ton of other poo poo.

I would want to get out of this cartoon nightmare if I was him, too

"Misery" will happen in real life one day but it'll be over a cartoon.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

https://youtu.be/Gmf-TW5rWiY

EDIT: https://youtu.be/qdbCNXMRHmo

Nathilus fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Nov 21, 2015

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

symbolic posted:

use the internet

I never see these people and I use the internet plenty

Maybe stop seeking them out and you won't have to hate things you don't watch

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

quote:

“There are so many shows that go on endlessly until they lose their original spark, or mysteries that are cancelled before they ever get a chance to payoff,” Hirsch writes. “But I wanted Gravity Falls to have a mystery that had a real answer, an adventure that had a real climax, and an ending that had a real conclusion for the characters I care so much about. This is very unusual in television and a pretty big experiment, and Disney for their part has been enormously supportive.”
that sounds nice. i'm glad, and not because i hate cartoons or people

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I don't know what that is. Please explain it to me in terms of sad gay space rocks.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I don't know what that is. Please explain it to me in terms of sad gay space rocks.

smoke week every day

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

this is a masterpiece

Nigmaetcetera posted:

see link above

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

I'm in a crowded restaurant so I can't press play so I'll just assume it involves snoop's face and the words "smoke weed everyday" chopped and autotuned

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Nigmaetcetera posted:

X-Files, except they're kids. Their uncle runs some kind of store. There's also a teenage girl and a fat autistic man who once dated a videogame. Monsters and stuff happen I guess, but the autistic man and his videogame woman is the only episode I remember because it spoke to my soul.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I'm in a crowded restaurant so I can't press play so I'll just assume it involves snoop's face and the words "smoke weed everyday" chopped and autotuned

just smoke some weed

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

just smoke some weed

Why do you think I'm at a restaurant? my munchies required immediate medical attention. do people still say munchies? it sounds old-fashioned to me for some reason.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Oh my GOD. Ladies and gents, we have a certified genius in the thread. Amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Why do you think I'm at a restaurant? my munchies required immediate medical attention. do people still say munchies? it sounds old-fashioned to me for some reason.

sounds like you need some Taco Bell

• Locked thread