Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Vince McMahon posted:

i watched goldeneye again last night and it's not quite as good as i remember. definitely prefer bournd

it really hasn't aged that well, and a lot of it is just nostalgia + n64 game owning so much (again nostalgia though). but it's still one of the better bond movies made. around the bottom of the top 6 give or take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I thought it was neat how in Spectre they gave Christoph Waltz the same scar Donald Pleasence had in you only live twice

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

jackyl posted:

so was your wife

Yeah. Your mom couldn't handle both of us.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
in all fairness i enjoyed how it ended tho plus it had that dude from Inglorious Basterds and he owns

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I thought it was neat how in Spectre they gave Christoph Waltz the same scar Donald Pleasence had in you only live twice

I didn't catch that now I gotta go YouTube this

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

genesplicer posted:

Yeah. Your mom couldn't handle both of us.

dad?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

jackyl posted:

I didn't catch that now I gotta go YouTube this

They left out the droopy eyelid, but it was pretty much the same.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Hector Beerlioz posted:

They left out the droopy eyelid, but it was pretty much the same.

yeah holy poo poo that was a good call back but I just did a Google image search

he was blind in that eye tho or it was all milky so I assumed blind

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
how did he wire the underground canals with a bomb when they presumably flew right back?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

jackyl posted:

yeah holy poo poo that was a good call back but I just did a Google image search

he was blind in that eye tho or it was all milky so I assumed blind

For waltz, I think they made him blind in that eye I remember it being all white too.

I suppose in true Bond fasion a different actor will play Blofeld in the next film.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
and put the bullet proof glass in the right spot

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Hector Beerlioz posted:

For waltz, I think they made him blind in that eye I remember it being all white too.

I suppose in true Bond fasion a different actor will play Blofeld in the next film.

now it will be four films til blofeld makes an appearance and then he will be a millenial living in he moms basement

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
and bond will have to navigate the pta to find him

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I'll probably watch A View to a Kill again at some point but I doubt it I'll watch Spectre again.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
It was like, a series of scenes with james bond in them, I don't know if you can really call it a movie. Also I knew there was gonna be a boss battle in that big building in london but I did not guess it was going to be the two administrators duking it out.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Nov 21, 2015

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
"Spectre": hey guys mass surveillance is like really bad, ok?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

It was like, a series of scenes with james bond in them, I don't know if you can really call it a movie. Also I knew there was gonna be a boss battle in that big building in london but I did not guess it was going to be the two administrators whipping out the fisticuffs.

yeah there should have been a cool fight with bond and the fingernail guy on the steps in that building

instead two idiot it nerds had a slap fest

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Hector Beerlioz posted:

"Spectre": hey guys mass surveillance is like really bad, ok?

I'm gonna crash the new system countdown

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
also q should have said the car alarm was disabled after saying the watch alarm goes boom

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

jackyl posted:

how did he wire the underground canals with a bomb when they presumably flew right back?

I assumed the whole place was already rigged up. It was mentioned early in the movie that the old MI-6 headquarters was scheduled for demolition.

Beats me how he'd have bulletproof glass installed that quickly, unless he re-purposed an old interrogation room or something.

I was too busy being distracted by Bond shooting down a helicopter with a single well-placed handgun bullet. From a moving boat.

Still enjoyed Spectre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Also I didn't see skyfall but moneypenny was v attractive to me in this.

• Locked thread