Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
David Wells - Country Road

The caravan stops when they hear your warning, then two guards wearing leather armor approach the boulder, blades drawn. “Show yourself, stranger.” One of them calls out to you.

Aldebaran - Coastal Village

Aldebaran had passed several settlements on his route. All of them small and somewhat ramshackle. As he approaches the shore near one of them, he can see the village's fishing boats are just starting to come in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
The Count of Alisburg-Schwarzfort
BP: 1

The Count snorts, or makes a sound a vaguely resembling a snort, and points to the piles of trees.
"All that you have done is for your own benefit. Your labor is going into making a new home, a new place to live, far from those that would hurt you. Your own two hands have made it possible. I will raise you up and with your help the Magocracy will die screaming in the fires of the deepest hell. Now watch as I show you my true power!"

The Count saunters over to the pile of trees and puts his hands on them. Immediately the spark of divine energy flows into the trunks and they begin to meld and blend together. Slowly walls, doors and windows are formed as the Count chants out to the sky.
"Oh here me, Dryads of this place! Handmaidens of Demeter, watches of the trees. Come together with Marduk of the East! Let your meeting build this place at my command. Let its walls rise high and all those who live within never lack for comfort. Let neither Tyr's spear nor Odin's lighting break into it! I Christen this place Schwarzfort, the Black Fort! All those who come within its sight shall tremble and fear it!"

Making the Schwarzfort, an Artifact. Big rear end wooden hill fort thing for now, with a little chapel in the back that I might herd the Fenrir into at some point. Comes with all the furniture and amenities you would expect a fort to have. Can be upgraded by pumping different materials into it, but thats for later. The Artificat part is this: Anything that isn't under the Count's command that is within its sight has a sudden, horrible sense of mortal fear. Those that follow him and do not worship him are just a little nervous. Worshipers feel just fine. Change +2 Esoteric Knoweldge +4 and I'm spending my Bonus Point.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Bonus Points: 0

"That would be a really bad idea. You're going to get afraid and try to stab me or run away. I'm not going to harm you or anything so...please don't come over here."

HiKaizer fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Nov 25, 2015

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

The humans stand and watch as the fort forms. Its walls are tall ending in spike-like spires, overall though the forts design is rounded and almost organic, as though it were some sort of strange and alien creature. The humans are impressed, and you can feel a pleasant surge of awe from them. However, that quickly fades back to the flicker they normally emit.

Looking over the fort, it seems strong and intimidating, but you realize you have no way to tell if the magic has effect. The Fenrir worship you intensely, so it would not affect them, and though the humans follow and do not truly worship, they are physically incapable of feeling fear in any form.

While you are considering this conundrum, the leader of the humans comes and prostrates himself before you. “I have heard your words and seen your power. You say you will raise us up and give us revenge against the Magocracy. I am tired of being a victim. Raise me up, make me powerful like the Fenrir and I will be yours completely in this life and the whatever comes after. If Lowe is your general, I will be your priest. Rid me of this weakness, I humbly beg you.”

David Wells - ???

David's response only serves to heighten their suspicion. One makes a gesture to the other and they begin to circle the boulder from opposite directions.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Bonus Points: 0

Right now David really, really did not want to be seen. Then he felt something stir within him, another aspect of his power he had not realised before.

David is going to subconsciously use Illusion [+2] to make himself invisible.

HiKaizer fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Nov 25, 2015

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

The guards circle around to find… nothing. They stare into the empty space in confusion. Then, they frantically search around for a bit, and upon still finding nothing, return to the canavan with a shrug, which after a short while continues onwards. Leaving David alone behind tje boulder.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
BP: 0

The Count grins, if such a a being can grin, inwardly as the leader of the humans prostrates himself before the Count. There was that rush of feeling again, the grand feeling of worship. All the islands would hum with it one day, but that was later. First he had to start with this man.
"I am glad to see you have seen the light. I shall transform you, oh son of Man, and you shall bring fury upon my enemies.

The Count places his hand on the man's forehad and begins to chant.
"Oh Circe, oh Isis! This comes before both you and me and asks for a blessing. Let your power and mine shine through into him, let his soul be filled with rage. The fire he holds within him shall burn outwards, making him taller than a regular man. His strides shall cover twice that of his kin and his sight shall be unmatched. Let him use this selfsame fire to turn away those who have harmed him, and those that would seek to harm me. Hear me and obey!"

Change +2 and Esoteric Knowledge +4 to make this guy taller and really good at seeing things. Like, dumb Slenderman tall. Also making him super good at speaking and just generally raising his charisma and giving him a single minded fury to guard my works and kill those who have/would harm both him and me.

mcclay fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Nov 25, 2015

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

That was...unexpected. He dared not move until the soldiers had left, barely breathing as well. As they left clear sight, he let out a sigh of relief and uncoiled his tail. It was disgustingly easy to just move it without realising it when he wasn't thinking about it, as though he had always lived in this body. Large towns and cities would have a lot of people, and a lot of guards. He had planned to go to a church to ask for help but maybe he should start local and more rural. David supposed that if religion here was anything like his world as well, and over three quarters of literature, that the priests in the large towns would probably be corrupt and not interested in helping people. Or maybe people would take advantage of people in the country where there were less people to raise alarm. But, he couldn't do anything about that right now.

What he did need to do was keep moving, and try to avoid drawing notice to himself. David walked onwards, and away from the caravan along the road. But before he did, he would try to make himself look like his old self if he could manage that.

David is going to try to use Illusion [+2] to disguise himself as his old self, before continuing onwards and away from the caravan.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Winston Smithers - Snowend
BP: 1

Winston blinked a bit in apprehension. After all, The Dominion had nor fear of foreign spies for there were no known foreign powers. All clandestine activity was restrained to The Panopticon, The Dominion's secret police, which was different since they only wanted to protect the citizenry. To Winston, the questions seemed perfectly innocuous, factual inquiries about local logistical makeup. Illegal questions were the sort that cast doubt into the status quo, not ones that wished to understand it.

Winston stared at the axe for a second or two, and then started to speak, forming his words carefully. "A spy would at least attempt subterfuge, yes? I am a mage, a man of learning. A man who likes to understand how things function. Since you offered information in lieu of actual money, I merely attempted to make the best of your offer. Frankly, I did not even consider any sort of suspiciousness the questions might hold, since those are not the kinds of issues I have had to worry about in the past. To me, they seemed like perfectly normal questions about the finer makeup of a land I find myself stranded in, and completely reasonable taken that I exchanged monetary payment for them."

Winston stared at the blacksmith. "If you are truly this unwilling to answer, at least hold your end of the bargain by telling me where I might find a tailor, if you were willing to lend your forge when not using it, and perhaps where the closest settlement is and how far away it is."

Through all this, Winston sent a wordless command to the iron golem to intercept any assault by the blacksmith, should he not be suitably mollified. However, it should not make threatening movements otherwise, since Winston still wanted to keep its true loyalties a secret.

Winston will try and calm down the blacksmith, and will also send the given order to the iron golem. In all honesty, my drawback probably should apply here because Winston is forced to defend Dominion approved lines of inquiry and try to justify them to a barbarian. I choose not to tick it myself because Winston does not want to be axed and I suppose is keeping a calm demeanor because of it, but if the GM disagrees feel free to tick it.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

The man convulses under your touch as the change begins. His body grows taller until he is nearly eight feet in height, as his height increases his body shifts, gaining muscle until his figure reminds the Count of the work of the great sculptors of the world of his birth. Scars and blemishes fade from his skin, leaving it smooth and with a healthy glow, the scraps of hair he had remaining fall out leaving looking slightly otherworldly, but by all other accounts he appears every bit the perfect archetype of mankind, completely without flaw.

He stands up with a flowing grace, turns to face you and then prostrates himself in prayer. The surge of worship is even more intense than all the Fenrir combined, burning through you like a firestorm. He speaks, his voice smooth and deep, entrancing to listen to, “Oh mighty God, I am yours now and forever. Let my form ever serve you, and my voice ever exalt you.”

Then he stands and walks towards the other humans. They are unable to take their eyes off of him, and when he begins to speak they listen in complete silence hanging on his every word. He preaches to them of your glory and power and soon you begin to see a change in them. With each passing minute their faith grows more intense, until he has whipped them into a frenzy of worship. The feeling of the worship generated by each of them nearly matching the intensity of his own. Soon they kneel before you wild-eyed with zeal begging to be granted forms more useful to you, so that they might serve you better.

Gained your first priest and two new worshipers.

David tries to disguise himself with his old form, but he finds himself unable to do so. It is not a failure of the magic he realizes after a moment, but rather to his shock, he can no longer remember what he looked like. When he tries to think back to looking of himself in a mirror, the memory slips from his grasp. He can recall that he was human, but his former features elude him.

Since this is related to your drawback you can have a BP.

Winston’s response has just the right note of bureaucratic condescension to enrage the Smith, moreover accusing him of going back on his word is a deadly insult. Wiston can see the man almost decide to strike him down then and there. But then the Smith decides better of it. He stalks back to his house, steps inside for a moment then returns with a small bag in hand. He throws it at Winton, and it impacts hard enough to hurt, but not to injure. Winston can hear it clink as it hits him and falls to the snow.

“There's your drat silver. Let no man say I don't honor my word. Keep that in mind Imperial,” the last word is dripping with venom as though it were the worst insult imaginable, “when I tell you if I ever see you again I'll strike you down, I mean it. Now begone spy.”

The words “Imperial” and “Spy” have attracted a small crowd, and their angry glares tell Winston he is no longer welcome here.

I absolutely invoked your Drawback. Enjoy your BP.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Bonus Point(s):

Another village, and likely another bout of potentially violent misunderstandings.

It would be so much simpler to terrify them into cooperation. I have the means.

...No. Not against innocent people. He was hardly a saint, but he was better than that. Turning away from the returning boats, he silently cut through the water off to the side, hauling himself back onto land a ways away from the village proper. He slowly made his way towards it, staying in plain sight. Once someone called out his presence, or he was at the gate, he stopped.

"Hail! I am called Aldebaran, a wanderer. From the sea I came, and to the sea I will return. I wish only to speak with someone. I have no quarrel with you and ask that the sentiment be returned in kind."

Small Mountain +2. It's tough to outright turn away someone with that sort of presence.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
BP: 2

Barbarians. Disorderly ingrates. Winston picked up his silver, called his little wooden golem to himself with a sharp snap of his fingers, and took on a brisk walk out of Snowend, going the same direction he originally came. All this while he observed the village, making estimates in his mind about its size and probable population, and the amount of golems needed to police it.

Winston meant to enter the inn. The commotion should not have reached there yet, making it the best place to purchase provisions.

He would have to grovel hat in hand in front of these Barbarians one last time.

Winston will take his silver and his little wooden golem and head toward the inn the way he came, hopefully catching the innkeeper before the rumours reach there. He will also use Organized [+6] to make estimates about the size and probable population of Snowend, and how many golems he would need to subjugate a settlement of that size.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

“Monster!!!” Aldebaran heard the scream, a scream he realized with a sinking certainty he would be hearing all too often whenever he encountered people who did not know him.

“To arms! To arms!” another voice calls out. Soon Aldebaran is faced with a dozen angry looking men.

They seem surprised when he speaks, but they are in no mood to parley. “Begone foul creature. We do not want your deviltry here. Leave now or taste steel. The leader of the group warns as he brandishes a longblade.

Winston reaches the tavern without incident, but he realizes he doesn't have long before word spreads and he'll have to leave.

Looking over the village. He estimates its population to be between 30-100 people. Just from his knowledge of the combat golems specs he knows it would take between 1.25 and 1.5 golems per opponent to guarantee victory if he wished to conquer the village. What he would need to subjugate it is a more difficult question, because if what the Smith said earlier is true, and from what he's seen Winston has every reason to believe he was speaking the truth, then these people will fight to the last rather than be conquered. If he truly wishes to break them of their independence, he will need more than just force of arms.

Valhawk fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 25, 2015

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Winston entered the tavern and called out: "Innkeeper?" He bowed his head a bit "I have hazy memories of causing some sort of trouble here last night. Such is beneath my station as a craft-mage, and I apologize." He hit the bag of silver on the table. "This time however, I can pay for service. I require provisions for a week, as well as some hide or similar material, enough for a cloak. "

Winston placed the tiny wooden golem on the table and ordered it to perform mobility exercises. "I specialize in magical construction and animation. If the silver is not enough, I can create you a loyal and untiring servant from a material of your choice or basically any tool you would wish to have instead."

"You can even keep this tiny one as a token of goodwill. It ought to prove amusing enough for patrons."

Winston will try and purchase some provisions as well as hide, furs or any sort of fabric really to make a cloak out of. Bartering with silver and golems and whatever tools he might want made.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Nov 25, 2015

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled
Adamas - caravan travelling towards Zillar

Adamas approached the caravan at a walk, it would come to him soon enough. If they didn't hail him or stop to talk he would let them pass by.

Well since they're going towards Zillar, it would be the wrong direction if I needed a ride.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Dec 5, 2015

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

“I can sell you the provisions, but I’m not tailor. You’ll have to speak to one of the hunters or leather-workers in the village about acquiring any sort of material.” The barkeep informs him. He heads into the back, and soon returns with several large wrapped bundles. “You’ll find dried meat, ale, and hard tack in there, enough to easily last you a week.”

Counting through the coins, he takes about three-quarters of them. “That should about cover things. I wish you luck on your travels.”

Adamas - caravan travelling towards Zillar

The caravan passes by in relative quiet. A couple of the guards look at him, as though trying to estimate whether he's a bandit scout, but they don't interrupt his passage. Soon they are out of sight over the horizon, and Adamas continues his trek westward.

After another two uneventful days of travel, Adamas notices the road split. The stone road continues westward, but there is a well-worn dirt path branching off. The sort of thing one might expect to see leading to a small village.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Marko Krepostnoy - Merchant's Rest Inn

Marko had received accolades for his musical talents before. Cheers from his village, drinks from his comrades, a brief stint in a lower musical academy that went nowhere thanks to his inability to read music.

This was beyond any of that. He could tell something had changed in his voice now- the sound was richer, control was easier. But this simple inn was treating him and Oy Moroz like Tchaikovsky and Swan Lake. It was overwhelming, and he let himself get pulled from the table into a crowd of back-slapping and handshakes. Merchants pressed coins into his hands, and now and then mentions of noble audiences were made.

Marko did his best to fob them off. Singing for bourgeoisie was way down on his list. For now, though, food and shelter were a solved problem, and he began talking with the groups around--sharing stories, asking after troubles, and now and then breaking into exhortations of brotherhood.

Working time. A True Soviet! [+4] to, though Marko may not truly know it yet, establish some followers! Also to see what the local troubles are.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Adamas - The dirt path taken

The tense moment passes and Adamas decided to take the winding dirt road.

Taking the dirt road.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Marko Krepostnoy - Merchant's Rest Inn

People seem to respond much more favorably to him now, through his discussions he finds that the inn is a fairly quiet place. It's mainly populated by merchants traveling the roads between the villages in the north and the imperial capital and so most people are here only a night or two at most. The nearest villages are a couple of days travel away in either direction. Harvest hasn’t been great this year, so some villages are struggling. They’ve got enough to survive and pay their taxes, but not enough to afford anything beyond the bare necessities which is really making things difficult for the travelling merchants who are the primary customers of the Inn.

The main thrust, though, the thing Marko hears again and again is how badly the people want to hear him sing again. Merchants are pushing bags of silver at him, nearly begging him to start up another song. The innkeep offered to let him stay and eat for free for as long as he wants as long as he’ll keep singing.

Adamas - The dirt path taken

As Adamas makes his way down the dirt road several hours pass before he can make the wooden shacks on the horizon. It would appear he has walked into a fairly rural farming village. No sign anyone here had heard anything about the uproar in the capital. As far as Adamas could tell everything was normal and almost idyllic, at least at first glance. This place was probably not important enough for carrier birds to be sent, or even for most merchants to visit.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Adamas - Farming Village

Adamas whistled an old tune from his youth as he strode towards the village, making a note of the inhabitants as he passed. He looked for any signs, for shops, inns, rooms or the like for rent. He'd need someplace private. To gather himself, he'd had plenty of time to think on the road. A plan was forming in his head.

Drunks, drug addicts, prostitutes, shacks, root cellars, men, women, children? Shops or inn? Mayor's house? Guards, constable or lawmen?

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Adamas - Farming Village

The town seemed fairly normal. Most of the buildings were fairly ramshackle and it was clear that the residents were not well off, but no more so than most peasants. No signs of any shops, at least as Adamas new them. One house had some leather tanning outside of it, and another had a small anvil and forge. As he was wandering around he was interrupted by a middle-aged man slightly better dressed than the rest.

“Greetings, sir.” The man said politely, “I am the elder of this town, what brought you to our fine village?”

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Fair enough. He could survive on this. Winston took his provisions and walked outside. He glanced towards the Barbarian village, his expression thoughtful. They were hardy, he had to admit. Very engrossed in their obviously faulty philosophy. Winston was eager to see how long their bravado would last after their way of life failed them.

But first, there was the issue of carriage. With a wave, Winston forced his will upon the banks of snow near the in. He would form a dais from the ice, held aloft by a sextet of feet, magicked to not feel cold or melt when sat on.

He would take a circuitous path, out of sight from the village, and rendezvous with his ice golems.

Winston will use Artifice [+2] to construct an awesome walking ice dais with 6 feet enchanted to not freeze his butt off. Then he will scurry a little loop back to his golems (maybe Organized [+6] will help him navigate back to them but perhaps maybe not, also if this counts as a separate action from the dais construction then feel free to skip it)

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
David Wells? - Country Road

Suddenly he froze on the spot. He couldn't remember what he'd looked like. It was something you took for granted, and now that it was gone he felt a rush of panic over his identity. Maybe he was a demon and had somehow lost his memory? No. Too many other memories fitted into place and other faces were vivid. It was just him. That in itself also seemed sinister and disturbing, what would want to try and dissuade him of his identity.

He thought about fantasy characters from films he'd seen. The last one he remembered was the Lord of the Rings. Gandalf was probably a bad idea, being a wizard could draw attention. But Aragorn had been a prince or king, something like that, but no one recognised him. He seemed generic enough. He would try his appearance on, since he could not remember his own.

Let's try illusion [+2] again but using Aragorn from the movies as the image.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Winston can feel his power work itself into the ice, and soon there stands a small dias just as he envisioned. However, upon boarding it he finds it to be rather difficult to find a place to sit as though the ice was not cold, it was still slick. Moreover, he finds it unable to travel far at all, as when it bears his weight it’s feet have an unfortunate tendency to sink into the snow.

Eventually with a great deal of coaxing and getting on and off, Winston manages to coax it to the location outside of the village where his golems are buried.

Ya, you rolled poorly.

David Wells? - Country Road

This time David’s attempt at illusion was more successful, when he looked at himself in a nearby puddle, he did in fact bear an uncanny resemblance to Viggo Mortinson’s portrayal of Aragorn. However, there was one difficulty he quickly recognized, though the power seemed to disguise his body, it did not actually change its shape. He would have difficulty with doors and other small spaces and he would have to pay close attention to his tail.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

He did not feel different, but David definitely looked different. The way his body did not properly match his appearance was odd however. He'd need to be careful.

But for now there was little left to do except for walk onwards and hope the next town was not too far away.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Winston rested his chin on his hand as he considered his less than stellar transport. It could use some improvement. An additional layer of snow to fix the slickness of the seat, and make the two front feet capable of fusing into broad skis to help with the sinking issue. The dais would get this one last chance to prove its viability.

Artifice [+2] to improve the dais.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 25, 2015

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Adamas - Farming Village

Ah the leader, Adamas thought. "I'm a traveller looking for a place to rest for a while. Are there any places to stay?"

Mortal Quality: Statesman +2 Looking for a slightly long term place, rental what have you.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Dec 5, 2015

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

David walked for another three days before he found a town. It was probably for the best that it had taken so long, because he found maintaining the illusion grew increasingly difficult the longer it lasted. For the first few hours it was easily enough, but after 6 hours give or take it started to require a lot of focus, and after 8 even the slightest distraction would cause the illusion to fail. Also, the longer he held the illusion the longer it took before he was able to cast it again. If he waited the full 8, it would take roughly an hour before he could recast the same shape. Even if he held it only a little bit it would take a couple of minutes to renew the magic. He was getting better at it though, the first time he had barely been able to hold it for more than a few hours at all.

Now he stood on the outskirts of the town, having just refreshed his illusion. He could see a variety of buildings, a small chapel, a general store, and a constable’s office, spread out among houses of wood and stone.

While his work was not entirely in vain, it was not a great success. The dias was now a serviceable vehicle, if a bit cumbersome. It would never be truly agile or fit to compete with any competently trained horse but it was sufficient for simple travel.

Adamas - Farming Village

The elder smiled, “I am afraid not, we’re too small to support an inn. I would be happy to put you up for the night for a small fee. There’s also an abandoned shack on the outskirts of the village, the owner was lost to illness about a year ago, and it's been empty ever since. If you were to see to its repair while you were here, I’d let you stay there free of charge.”

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Winston raised an eyebrow, but his expression remained otherwise nondescript. The dais was not as he envisioned it, but it was serviceable. And that was good enough for now.

With and idle hand, Winston gestured to his golems. "Six of you will perform a 180 degree sector sweep opposed to the village, each of you taking a 30 degree arc of the whole. 5 kilometer radius. You will use standard Dominion handsigns for non-vocalizing constructs to report findings of usable quantities of 'wood', 'stone', 'buildings',..." Winston continues to prattle on a list of two dozen or so objects of interest, miming the handsigns for each.

Winston will use Organized [+6] to have the six golems scout the area and report their findings (the handsigns mean that the reports will basically be a list of interesting objects or resource sources)

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Adamas - Farming Village

"A break from the road may be what I need. I'll fix up the shack while I stay there. You have yourself a deal." Adamas clasped hands with the elder and made his way to the shack. Examining it Adamas assessed it for sturdiness and any other features it had.

After assessing it and checking out the inside, Adamas decided to go for a short walk. To see who else he could see. A drunk or someone who wouldn't be missed... he'd been to make those repairs somehow.

Steady strong walls? Root cellar? Also looking for his first patsy.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
BP: 0

The Count simply shakes his head as his followers clamor for his blessing.
"No, that would not teach you anything. The Fenrir and my Magistrate proved to me that they were worth, but for all others the road will be long. Only through knowledge is divinity awarded, this so it shall be the same with me. You, as the first of my followers, shall gain special position in my eyes, but you must be examples to others. I will bless you when your knowledge reaches the very heights of the world. In honor of the fort we shall be taking two days off all strenuous work. Fenrir, your only job is too hunt. Humans, your job is too write down every piece of information you know and deliver it to me. This place shall be both fort and library, full of weapons and books."

Getting the acquisition of knowledge down as a primary tenant of my faith. Giving everyone two days off from most work besides hunting for the Fenrir and writing on wooden tablets for the humans. This should hopefully give them some time to recover.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Several hours later the golems returned, and reported. Winston was expecting primative signs, but the golems spoke, their voices monotone and identical. They reported that on the far side of the village a fairly large forest began. They had been careful to remain out of sight, and had not risked moving within sight of the village. There was a road skirting the edge of the forest, but they had avoided it in order to avoid detection. There were no obvious stone sources, though it was possible they might be buried beneath the snow.

Adamas - Farming Village

The shack itself was not large, only two rooms and a small cellar accessible only from outside. It was certainly in a state of disrepair. The door had fallen off its metal hinges, and there generally seemed to be a large amount of vines growing over it. You are glad it does not have any windows, because if it did you’d imagine they’d be broken. Whether the chimney would work or the hearth would fill the shack with smoke was more than he could say.

After that depressing encounter, Adamas made his way to town, and found not much out of place. It is only went out into the fields that he found something that caught his eye. Hiding off at the far edge of a field was a man, covered in dirt, and red faced and stinking of cheap liquor.

The humans are disappointed, not so much at your rejection, than at the fact that they will be of less use to you in their current forms. They move immediately to write down everything of note with frantic speed, eager to earn your blessing. However, they exhaust their entire supply of knowledge in a matter of hours. Neither human ever received formal education, and they have been sequestered from the world in the bowels of some Magi’s laboratory for almost a decade. You are left with some interesting tablets on fishing, hunting, and tanning, and an extremely basic sketch of the the structure of the Empire.

Once the humans finish with their tablets, they spend virtually every waking moment in the chapel, praising and worshiping you, an effort you find extremely satisfying. In this, they are lead by your priest and he uses it to maintain their fanaticism at a fever pitch. However, he seems to avoid the Fenrir, and you sense he will not approach them or attempt to preach to them without your permission.

As for the purpose of the days of rest, the humans no longer look on the brink of death, but the effects of a decade of deprivation and torture do not disappear overnight. They are still little more than skin and bones, and without a more direct divine intervention it will take months of patient work to return them to the strength of a normal man. For the moment, their spirits are willing their flesh is weak, and they are all but useless at any task requiring physical effort no matter how much effort they put in.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Winston Smithers - The wilds around Snowend

Winston blinked. Again. A third time. They could talk? How? Vocalizing golems were very high end products, and even then they knew only very specific types of dialogue.

Shaking his head to rid the haze of disbelief, Winston spoke. "Very well..." Winston was somewhat uneasy addressing his golems like they were thinking creatures. "We shall make way towards the forest's edge." For Winston's plan to work, he would need small, hard to spot, agile and sneaky minions. The little wooden golem he left at the inn was a good starting point.

Winston will go to the forest's edge with his golems and construct a bunch of those small wooden golems (about 20 cm tall) with Artifice [+2]. They should have clawed hands that facilitate both climbing and carrying small objects.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

He was hungry. Very hungry. But David also did not want to think about what the consequences of 'feeding' might be. He needed to go to the church and try to get this issue resolved as soon as he could. Besides he did not exactly have any currency of any sort, and he had specifically not looted the village or dead people a couple of days ago. So he could not have bought food yet, even if he wanted to.

David walked to the church, and tried to step inside without causing too much of a stir. He was only 8 feet as opposed to...twice the size of a person, but he was still big, wide and had a tail to deal with. Once inside he would try to see if he could find a priest to talk to.

Going into the church and looking around.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Adamas - Farming Village

As soon as Adamas spotted the town drunk, all he could think was: Perfect. As Adamas approached him he noticed that the fellow reeked of spirits. Pulling out a gold coin Adamas briefly showed it to the drunk. "I have some work for you. House work. I'll show you what I need done." Adamas started by showing the man everything on the ground level and ending the little tour in the cellar. When he had the man alone he handed him the coin. If he survived this he'd be needing that
drink. Or maybe...he wouldn't.

Action 1: Getting the man to come

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Winston Smithers - The wilds around Snowend

Winston makes his way to the forest, and finding some fallen branches manages to construct ten small faceless wooden golems. They stand ready, awaiting orders.

Hey, just for future reference, let me know if you’re giving the golem the Dominion eye. It may be important later.

Squeezing through the chapel door was uncomfortable. The church was simply decorated, rows of wooden pews facing a raised altar. A priest in a simple robe, seeing you come in asks, “What can I do for you, my child?”

Adamas - Farming Village

The drunk stares up at Adamas, it's clear now that you can get a better look at him that he had been sleeping outside for several days. The promise of a gold coin causes him to follow immediately. He attempts to pay close attention, but he is clearly disoriented, and has trouble with the stairs. However, with a little help he makes it into the basement without injury.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Adamas - Farming Village

Once he had the man in private and gave him the coin, the small part of Adamas that maybe thought this was wrong was quenched by the inner voices that he needed to reascend to greatness. Perhaps he could better the wretch in the process?

Adamas started small. Feeling his power out. He started with simple commands that had an end, open ended commands, and repeated uses of his power doing so. How long did it take to wear off? Could he prolong the state where people became his?

Action #2: Divine Quality: Command +2: Testing on the drunk.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Dec 5, 2015

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Adamas - Farming Village

With each command the man seemed to shiver for a moment after hearing it, and then attempted to follow the given order as best he could. Unfortunately, it appeared it did not increase his coordination, as he was still drunk and prone to disorientation and difficulty with balance. Once he completed the order, it was as is the man awoke from a dream.

What Adamas did notice, was that with each successive command, the shivering at the start was less intense, and it took longer for him to wake at the end.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Adamas - The Cellar, Farming Village

Interesting. The more he commanded the man, the easier he seemed to take it, and the longer it took for him to return to himself. Adams then moved onto stronger commands, things not usual or normal while not harming the drunk. Did it increase resistance or change anything else?

For example: Acting like a dog. Getting the man to admit his darkest fears and secrets.

Action #3: Divine Quality: Command +2: Testing on the drunk.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Dec 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
David Wells - Town Chapel

David paused for a moment. How was he going to explain this...it was going to be awkward either way. There was not a lot of ways to talk around his issue after all.

"Um, father? Is it father? I'm not sure. This is going to sound pretty...weird or crazy, so please just bear with me.

Three days ago I woke up in a field with no memory of how I got there. I come from another place and I'm stuck in the body of...what I think is a demon? Everyone is terrified of me, and keeps trying to attack me. I don't know where I am, and I'm scared I'm going to hurt people by accident...or worse.

I know this all sounds crazy and impossible. It does to me. But please don't just dismiss me or send it away. I can prove all this, but I can't do it where everyone can see me or they'll panic."

David's appealing to the priest to help.

• Locked thread