Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

quote:

The NapShell was developed to simplify the world of work and improve employee health. Dedicated to quality of life and careful handling of its own energy resources this is NapShell's answer to "creative burnout" due to ineffective work breaks in high-pressure environments.

http://podstyle.com.au/napshell-space

well i could make a living wage, but our company executives all bought $27,000 space pods for their nappy times

do you nap in a hyper sleep chamber? how do you sleep at work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clitical hit
Nov 21, 2015

i'm asleep at work right now actually

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I feel like your company would set one up to appear trendy and make it seem like they care for their employees, but if anyone actually used it there would be consequences.

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark
I don't bother with lunch and instead I take a nap in my car. Its really handy some days.

I wouldn't sleep in a masturbation toy.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

no walls or curtains. what's the point of a loving nap shell if you can't even jack off

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I feel like your company would set one up to appear trendy and make it seem like they care for their employees, but if anyone actually used it there would be consequences.

yeah did you catch that language about this replacing "ineffient" breaks?

"look you dont need breaks you got the pods!" *frowns at you and makes throat clearing noises whole time you are in the pod*

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

A misanthrope posted:

yeah did you catch that language about this replacing "ineffient" breaks?

"look you dont need breaks you got the pods!" *frowns at you and makes throat clearing noises whole time you are in the pod*

If you need breaks in the first place you're a lazy worker and might as well move to france

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Hector Beerlioz posted:

If you need breaks in the first place you're a lazy worker and might as well move to france

yeah and dont expect no cushy retirement fund you communist!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

A misanthrope posted:

yeah and dont expect no cushy retirement fund you communist!

Pinkos are stinkos

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
always vastly disappointed with my offices naptime situations actually, how the gently caress do you get a job with one of these things?? I'm tired of sleeping in my car like a mexican person

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Looks like a cock and balls.

NotSockAccount
Nov 18, 2015

by Lowtax
Only an rear end in a top hat would sleep in one of those things, where do I buy one?

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015
I think the George Constanza style nap station would better suit my needs.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
How am I supposed to nap after all these caramel macchiatos!!

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

there's an unused office in my newsroom a little bigger than a closet that has never been occupied in the 7 years ive been there. this is my work bedroom.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
One step closer to getting plugged into the Matrix and enslaved forever imo.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Where I work we have a "wellness room" with a big rear end leather recliner in it.

Ive taken advantage of it a time or two.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I never work so I never sleep.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

sell sell sell dump stock gogogogo

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

JB50 posted:

Where I work we have a "wellness room" with a big rear end leather recliner in it.

Ive taken advantage of it a time or two.

we got one of these but it is the lactation room where new moms go to express they breast milk for some reason? HR yelled at me for chilling in there

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

*in cyberpunk voice* no don't! last time someone tried to take holiday, they put her in... the pod

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
We just have these amazing things in our office called couches, and people can chill on there or do work or take a nap if their eyes are burning from staring at a screen too long.

It's really revolutionary.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

A misanthrope posted:

we got one of these but it is the lactation room where new moms go to express they breast milk for some reason? HR yelled at me for chilling in there

Did you "lactate" on one of the moms op ?

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
i like how it curves so that the millennial is unable to properly fall asleep.

well, maybe they would sleep better at night without their stupid apple devices??!!!!! #angry #funny #random!

clitical hit
Nov 21, 2015

i keep coming back to this thread. it really looks like i wanna nap in it

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i am afraid this does not solve the "ineffective breaks" problem. maybe if it had doors so your supervisor cant see you

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
This reminds me of the break room at this electronics retailer I used to work for. When they hired you they'd show you this break room with TVs, consoles, air hockey and all this poo poo and they were like "yeah sales can be pretty high strung and draining so if you need a little break from the floor just come here and play a round of something with a friend."

Then any time if you tried they'd stop you and make you get back to work.

TeamIce
Mar 16, 2004
LET JESUS FUCK YOU

My work bought a pool table and a Xbox One after a few particularly good months

now anytime that someone uses either they get yelled at to go back to work

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

TeamIce posted:

My work bought a pool table and a Xbox One after a few particularly good months

now anytime that someone uses either they get yelled at to go back to work

That's basically every company that has a video game room

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
i don't like sleeping in public places b/c i'm always worried that i'll snore, or drool, or pop a boner.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

unpacked robinhood posted:

Did you "lactate" on one of the moms op ?

no and i got mad they wouldnt give me any cream for my coffee

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Well, that's just selfish of them

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I would like to see these in offices but only if it dumps you out the window for being a lazy millennial piece of poo poo

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I would like to see these in offices but only if it dumps you out the window for being a lazy millennial piece of poo poo

lol

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Well, that's just selfish of them

one of the many reasons i have decided to become a MRA. also i can pull my fedora down over my eyes and take a nap

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

the handicap stall in the restroom is apparently too good for these entitled fucks

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

easy solution; get an adequate amount of sleep at night you fuckin' bozos

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

symbolic posted:

easy solution; get an adequate amount of sleep at night you fuckin' bozos

nah man everyone's got three jobs in this wonderful economy. i sleep four hours a night and need a place to crash when the speed wears off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

A misanthrope posted:

nah man everyone's got three jobs in this wonderful economy. i sleep four hours a night and need a place to crash when the speed wears off.
what a shame. you either get no sleep or get enough sleep, and shouldn't nap around like you're a fat gently caress with narcolepsy

• Locked thread